Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

LMH in Faith episode 2:

tumblr_pdor7l2XWy1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_pdor7l2XWy1w2zf0ho2_540.png

I actually find his absolute moral compass and his code of honor so moving. When he tells the king he should be more than men, it tells us so much about his character. He understands the larger purpose he serves—he fights by the sword so that greater men may rule.--girlfriday

tumblr_pdor7l2XWy1w2zf0ho4_540.png

• Like 6

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 2

Thanks @CallieP  for the recap.  And thanks @1ouisefor your comments.

cr:Lee_min_ho_333 _Yuki

Thanks also for you insights on Faith.  With regard to the criticism of LMH,  I wonder if there would have been fewer comments about his acting being wooden if he described how his version of CY would be portrayed ahead of the drama.  

I admire the King for waiting for CY to return.  Man, the advisor drives me crazy.  I think we all loved the line "A Goryeo warrior's promise equals his life."I think the King is torn because his country's future rests with him.  That roach oil is gross.  I like ES thinking that she is on a movie set asking for taxi, ATM and the big blue bag hoofing it in her high heels.  I think CY/LMH is pretty hot with the ponytail.  Dae-man is a pretty good fighter; I had forgotten about that.  Argh, if ES would have hurried through the tunnel, she would have returned home.   And why isn't she running to the tunnel instead of just standing there.  I love the Queen; she totally understands CY.  I love how the woodalchi are devoted to CY:heart:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

I found Anna Jo's Facebook but I don't know how you managed to find the Song Ji Na's translations. I scrolled down her page for a long time but could not get to the translations. I also clicked on your link above but it said I did not have permission to read that page.

@CallieP, I think you should log in first to FB so you can access it through the link. Anyway, her posts on Song Ji Na's translations are dated 28 Feb 2017.

PMSOTtR.gif

Spoiler

I am loving Choi Young's moral compass and code of honor. Watching PT, CH, and now Faith, I admire his characters in these dramas for their uprightness and integrity. Early on this drama, I can see that Choi Young stands by his principles and is a man of his word. Thus, the devastated look on his face when he had to break his promise in favor of the King's orders. I feel like Choi Young is more principled than the King - well, the King seems to be lacking self-confidence, and considering that he has to make tough choices to lead a kingdom, it would be interesting to see how his character interacts with an upright character like Choi Young. Add to that a Queen with a mind of her own, their dynamics is something to look forward to.

gcgN436.gif

I see Choi Young is warming up to Eun Soo - I like his admiring look at her when she was operating on the Queen. And that slight smile as he carries her. He even gave that majestic bow when he brought her to the portal. With a handsome and gallant warrior like that sweeping you off your feet, I wouldn't go running straight to the portal either. Lol. :lol:

EFfinO0.gif

TWbLnOQ.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

This Is What 20 Of Today’s Biggest K-Drama Stars Look Like In Their First Roles Vs. Their Latest Roles

1.  Lee Min Ho

Debut role: 2003, on Secret Campus as Park Du Hyeon

Dk9YyI9UUAAv9zW.jpg

Latest role: 2016, on Legend Of The Blue Sea as Heo Joon Jae

Dk9YyW2UYAAhJXO.jpg

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/20-biggest-kdrama-stars-look-first-role-latest-role/

• Like 6

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

I think you should log in first to FB so you can access it through the link. Anyway, her posts on Song Ji Na's translations are dated 28 Feb 2017.

Actually, I believe I was logged in and then clicked on your link. I tried both ways logged and not logged but it did not work. Thanks for the date. I know how long to scroll then,

The photo of LMH in Secret Campus and Legend of Blue Sea.He looks pretty much the same except for his hair. It was wild and spikey then. The fashion at that time. He looks just as young or as old ? :P 13 years ago

• Like 2

I found a Lee Min Ho's interview when he's filming Faith re-posting on Weibo today. My translation is according to Chinese translation by Galaxy0401.

"Choi Young's original personality setting is more neurotic and sharper than now. But I think it would be more interesting if Choi Young's character gradually changed in the drama. So, I proposed to Ms. Song, if it would be possible that Choi Young was a little lazy at the beginning? Anyway, how the personality changes, Choi Young's greatest charm is strong and trustworthy. Choi Young is not the kind of person who can express with lines, need to express more feelings with expressions and eyes. This part is really difficult to deal with, so I have always kept in great concentration."

"I practiced riding only two or three times. So I didn't have much confidence to ride a running horse, it was OK if just walking. And I was a little anxious about the martial arts because I only practiced for one month, but actually it was quite handy to do it. After Episode 8, I couldn’t keep holding the shield, I felt very lonely just like my girl friend suddenly disappeared. Furthermore, if I don’t have a sword in my hand, I feel like I went to school but without the schoolbag.”

"Eun Soo who crossed from the modern time to Goryeo finally will go back to where she came from. What will Choi Young decide? "Choi Young will not follow Eun Soo to modern. Choi Young is not the kind of unresponsible man to give up all in Goryeo and go to the modern just for the women he loves. If it have to be only one between work and love, Choi Young will choose the work."

"Please pay attention to Choi Young's new hairstyle!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is my translation of the comments by Galaxy0401 :

My reasons for appreciating Min Ho include Min Ho's understanding for the character. From BOF to Faith, Min Ho’s understanding for his role is exactly the same as I thought. What Min Ho played was what I felt. This means that Min Ho's thinking will be reflected in his acting skills, and fans can realize what kind of character and theme he wants to express from his real acting skills.

Finally, for those who love Min Ho from Faith, I provided the comments from the crew and Korean media after he became hot after BOF in 2009. I deliberately revisit old things, and some people will have "feeling".

First, the reason why the PD of BOF chose the unnamed Lee Min Ho to play GJP. "The 2nd lead is played by the idol who first time challenge acting, so the lead must be played by a talented orthodox actor."

Second, in 2009, the Korean media called Lee Min Ho "a super newcomer who will appear once every 20 years." This honor "a super newcomer who will appear once every 20 years" has never been appeared on Korean website after that. So I have to emphasize it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 8/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

I found a Lee Min Ho's interview when he's filming Faith re-posting on Weibo today. My translation is according to Chinese translation by Galaxy0401.

"Choi Young's original personality setting is more neurotic and sharper than now. But I think it would be more interesting if Choi Young's character gradually changed in the drama. So, I proposed to Ms. Song, if is would be possible that Choi Young was a little lazy at the beginning? Anyway, how the personality changes, Choi Young's greatest charm is strong and trustworthy. Choi Young is not the kind of person who can express with lines, need to express more feelings with expressions and eyes. This part is really difficult to deal with, so I have always kept in great concentration."

"I practiced riding only two or three times. So I didn't have much confidence to ride a running horse, it was OK if just walking. And I was a little anxious about the martial arts because I only practiced for one month, but actually it was quite handy to do it. After Episode 8, I couldn’t keep holding the shield, I felt very lonely just like my girl friend suddenly disappeared. Furthermore, if I don’t have a sword in my hand, I feel like I went to school but without the schoolbag.”

Eun Soo who crossed from the modern time to Goryeo finally will go back to where she came from. What will Choi Young decide? "Choi Young will not follow Eun Soo to modern. Choi Young is not the kind of unresponsible man to give up all in Goryeo and go to the modern just for the women he loves. If it have to be only one between work and love, Choi Young will choose the work."

"Please pay attention to Choi Young's new hairstyle!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is my translation of the comments by Galaxy0401 :

My reasons for appreciating Min Ho include Min Ho's understanding for the character. From BOF to Faith, Min Ho’s understanding for his role is exactly the same as I thought. What Min Ho played was what I felt. This means that Min Ho's thinking will be reflected in his acting skills, and fans can realize what kind of character and theme he wants to express from his real acting skills.

Finally, for those who love Min Ho from Faith, I provided the comments from the crew and Korean media after he became hot after BOF in 2009. I deliberately revisit old things, and some people will have "feeling".

First, the reason why the PD of BOF chose the unnamed Lee Min Ho to play GJP. "The 2nd lead is played by the idol who first time challenge acting, so the lead must be played by a talented orthodox actor."

Second, in 2009, the Korean media called Lee Min Ho "a super newcomer who will appear once every 20 years." This honor "a super newcomer who will appear once every 20 years" has never been appeared on Korean website after that. So I have to emphasize it.

@gtLmh0622 thank-you very much for always bringing interesting LMH related stories. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed and appreciated your effect.

Upon reading the story 'Super New Comer', I came across a similar article that I wanted to share with everyone. 

Congrats, You’re a Break-out Star. Now What?

Jan 20, 2015

by radioplayon

Every year K-dramas produce a cluster of fresh-faced actors and actresses that make a bang in the K-drama universe. These are the newly arrived stars, the nobodies suddenly turned somebodies whose faces no one can escape, appearing on every kind of commercial and magazine advertising the latest brands of outerwear and soju, and everything in between. These newcomers are bestowed the charming and sometimes perfunctory title of “break-out star.”

Not all break-out stars’s careers, however, are created equal.

Some of them shine brightly in a drama or in a role, only to fade quickly from the scene, never quite being able to re-capture the magic that launched them into the K-drama stratosphere. Others, burdened by the pressure to perform, go to the opposite extreme shunning the character for which they are so well-known. Being known as a “break-out star” is both a blessing and a curse for many, and it is interesting to note just how these select few deal with the fame, the burden, and, ultimately, how it affects their projects post-breakout.

Lee Min Ho

When I think of “break-out stars,” the actor who comes immediately to mind is none other than Lee Min Ho, whose career, I think, provides an interesting case study for one of the most successful actors to ever navigate the waters with the title of “break-out star.” The guy practically came out of nowhere as the perfectly coiffed Goo Jun Pyo in 2009’s “Boys Over Flowers” and subsequently swept Korea up in a dizzying frenzy that spread well beyond the country’s borders. It would be difficult to overstate just how big the “Boys Over Flowers” phenomenon was, how important the drama was for the spread of Hallyu, or how this drama about a girl out of her element and an infamous group of 4 friends catapulted a young cast into levels of popularity usually reserved for more seasoned actors. And there was no bigger star than Lee Min Ho.

He was a perfect combination of physical attributes (tall, dominating, handsome, with a memorable perm to boot), endearing awkwardness (on the red carpet and in interviews you can practically see the deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes), and overwhelming, captivating talent. I recently re-visited “Boys Over Flowers” and while I still find it ridiculous and…shrill, in many ways Lee Min Ho saved that drama. He gave Goo Jun Pyo a level of sensitivity and vulnerability that made us sympathize with his character, even a character as difficult as Goo Jun Pyo. It is the case where he was able to capture the attention of audiences by making the character his own, by making the character more than what the script maybe initially called for. He so completely defined that drama to the point where, today, “Boys Over Flowers” is distinguished by its association with Lee Min Ho (and not the other way around).

With that much attention and instafame, everyone, and I mean everyone, was waiting for his next project after the completion of “Boys Over Flowers.” We all wondered if Lee Min Ho was the real deal, if he was worth all the endorsements, the attention. Needless to say, the expectations and speculations were high. This is often the most fragile time for break-out stars because the follow-up project is, in some cases, more important to a career than the “break-out drama.” To his credit, Lee Min Ho took quite some time to select his next project, and his choice was… conservative. I remember thinking at the time that “Personal Taste” was not the drama that I wanted to see him in, but in hindsight it was probably the smarter choice since he was able to show that he could play a breadth of roles without completely alienating his target audience.

Tracing Lee Min Ho’s drama career reveals something interesting. In 2009 he had his break-out role in “Boys Over Flowers.” In 2010 he had a respectable but unmemorable turn as an aspiring-architect-assumed-gay roommate in “Personal Taste.” But, in 2011 he came back with one of that year’s best dramas, “City Hunter,” playing a reluctant vigilante and reaffirming his role as one of Korea’s top stars. Only to come back in 2012 with the lackluster historical time-traveling drama, “Faith.” Then in 2013 he swept us all up, again, in the immensely popular “Heirs,” playing that rich and privileged Kim Tan.

When we look at Lee Min Ho’s career, he is the most commercially successful with every other drama that he does. Yet the roles where he is the most daring, the roles that seem to challenge him more as an actor, are the dramas between his hits. If we take Lee Min Ho as, arguably, the most successful of these “break-out stars” in terms of creating a sustained career, he has done so through a careful selection of roles that allow him to develop as an actor, and thus avoid being typecast, while also never losing sight of his large and demanding audience and the kinds of dramas that best appeal to them.

Lee Min Ho wasn’t just a face, he wasn’t just boyishly charming, and he wasn’t just the latest hottest issue. If that were the case, I don’t think we would still be talking about Lee Min Ho today, never mind still so interested in him. No, because at the end of the day, even as the F4 demand was at its most obsessive and widespread, Lee Min Ho was able to deliver on all the hype surrounding him. And through some smart career moves, has been able to make the most of his “break-out star” status.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

20180822 Asia Minoz FB updated :

20180804 Project : Be Friend To Our Earth , Let's Do It Together by participating in local Ocean Cleanups
Place : Tioman Island Malaysia
Period: until Further Notice
Our future generations deserve a beautiful Ocean Too .

39922681_941486782709601_164190262501834

39777200_941486842709595_316155143690754

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, heloise215 said:

Oh boy, the grinning toothy smile :D :D :D :D :D

Hi heloise, thanks for sharing these pictures.  A celebrity should have a beautiful set of teeth. ... You can't make it being a celebrity without that perfect smile. Most celebrities have false teeth, some get their teeth straightened.  Good smiles are super importantGood teeth can change your entire face. That's why, most of them have dental implants or cosmetic dentistry.  Perfect teeth seem to be a top priority for celebrities; For celebrities, looking beautiful and popular and wealthy is expected, even necessary. Successful leading men and ladies all have in common: Beautiful white teeth! ... There’s one thing we’ve noticed after famous faces rise to the top – their teeth transformation. :P

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing the pictures for the last (2) days. Aish...................I was not able to visit this thread since I was so busy with work. ^_^

• Like 3

On 8/21/2018 at 9:07 PM, happivirus said:

Jan 20, 2015

by radioplayon

Lee Min Ho

When I think of “break-out stars,” the actor who comes immediately to mind is none other than Lee Min Ho, whose career, I think, provides an interesting case study for one of the most successful actors to ever navigate the waters with the title of “break-out star.” The guy practically came out of nowhere as the perfectly coiffed Goo Jun Pyo in 2009’s “Boys Over Flowers” and subsequently swept Korea up in a dizzying frenzy that spread well beyond the country’s borders. It would be difficult to overstate just how big the “Boys Over Flowers” phenomenon was, how important the drama was for the spread of Hallyu, or how this drama about a girl out of her element and an infamous group of 4 friends catapulted a young cast into levels of popularity usually reserved for more seasoned actors. And there was no bigger star than Lee Min Ho.

He was a perfect combination of physical attributes (tall, dominating, handsome, with a memorable perm to boot), endearing awkwardness (on the red carpet and in interviews you can practically see the deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes), and overwhelming, captivating talent. I recently re-visited “Boys Over Flowers” and while I still find it ridiculous and…shrill, in many ways Lee Min Ho saved that drama. He gave Goo Jun Pyo a level of sensitivity and vulnerability that made us sympathize with his character, even a character as difficult as Goo Jun Pyo. It is the case where he was able to capture the attention of audiences by making the character his own, by making the character more than what the script maybe initially called for. He so completely defined that drama to the point where, today, “Boys Over Flowers” is distinguished by its association with Lee Min Ho (and not the other way around).

With that much attention and instafame, everyone, and I mean everyone, was waiting for his next project after the completion of “Boys Over Flowers.” We all wondered if Lee Min Ho was the real deal, if he was worth all the endorsements, the attention. Needless to say, the expectations and speculations were high. This is often the most fragile time for break-out stars because the follow-up project is, in some cases, more important to a career than the “break-out drama.” To his credit, Lee Min Ho took quite some time to select his next project, and his choice was… conservative. I remember thinking at the time that “Personal Taste” was not the drama that I wanted to see him in, but in hindsight it was probably the smarter choice since he was able to show that he could play a breadth of roles without completely alienating his target audience.

Tracing Lee Min Ho’s drama career reveals something interesting. In 2009 he had his break-out role in “Boys Over Flowers.” In 2010 he had a respectable but unmemorable turn as an aspiring-architect-assumed-gay roommate in “Personal Taste.” But, in 2011 he came back with one of that year’s best dramas, “City Hunter,” playing a reluctant vigilante and reaffirming his role as one of Korea’s top stars. Only to come back in 2012 with the lackluster historical time-traveling drama, “Faith.” Then in 2013 he swept us all up, again, in the immensely popular “Heirs,” playing that rich and privileged Kim Tan.

When we look at Lee Min Ho’s career, he is the most commercially successful with every other drama that he does. Yet the roles where he is the most daring, the roles that seem to challenge him more as an actor, are the dramas between his hits. If we take Lee Min Ho as, arguably, the most successful of these “break-out stars” in terms of creating a sustained career, he has done so through a careful selection of roles that allow him to develop as an actor, and thus avoid being typecast, while also never losing sight of his large and demanding audience and the kinds of dramas that best appeal to them.

Lee Min Ho wasn’t just a face, he wasn’t just boyishly charming, and he wasn’t just the latest hottest issue. If that were the case, I don’t think we would still be talking about Lee Min Ho today, never mind still so interested in him. No, because at the end of the day, even as the F4 demand was at its most obsessive and widespread, Lee Min Ho was able to deliver on all the hype surrounding him. And through some smart career moves, has been able to make the most of his “break-out star” status.

Hi @happivirus, thanks a lot for sharing this insightful article. Indeed, LMH has proven over the years that he is more than just a handsome face and a break-out star. His overwhelming and captivating talent has catapulted him to Hallyu King status. In fact, in other countries, when Korea is mentioned, the first thing that comes to their mind is Lee Min Ho. I can't help but feel proud of our bb! :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LMHolic said:

When his military service will end? 

Welcome back  !! :)
Today is D-246 to end of his military service. 

DlOWrqwV4AATzSK.jpg

Cr. Logo

20180822, the event of "Step donation" in China was closed. Thanks to 2360 Minoz, among total 657 teams, Lee Min Ho team got TOP 1 of accumulated 7.5 billion steps = free lunch x 18831 donated.   :heart:

005DCUQYly1fuiyv3vgscj30hq0ua0ub.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 7

On 8/21/2018 at 6:07 AM, happivirus said:

@gtLmh0622 thank-you very much for always bringing interesting LMH related stories. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed and appreciated your effect.

Upon reading the story 'Super New Comer', I came across a similar article that I wanted to share with everyone. 

Jan 20, 2015

by radioplayon

Every year K-dramas produce a cluster of fresh-faced actors and actresses that make a bang in the K-drama universe. These are the newly arrived stars, the nobodies suddenly turned somebodies whose faces no one can escape, appearing on every kind of commercial and magazine advertising the latest brands of outerwear and soju, and everything in between. These newcomers are bestowed the charming and sometimes perfunctory title of “break-out star.”

Not all break-out stars’s careers, however, are created equal.

Some of them shine brightly in a drama or in a role, only to fade quickly from the scene, never quite being able to re-capture the magic that launched them into the K-drama stratosphere. Others, burdened by the pressure to perform, go to the opposite extreme shunning the character for which they are so well-known. Being known as a “break-out star” is both a blessing and a curse for many, and it is interesting to note just how these select few deal with the fame, the burden, and, ultimately, how it affects their projects post-breakout.

Lee Min Ho

@happivirus  This writer captures what we love about LMH "He was a perfect combination of physical attributes (tall, dominating, handsome, with a memorable perm to boot), endearing awkwardness (on the red carpet and in interviews you can practically see the deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes), and overwhelming, captivating talent."

And captures why I love LMH as GJP.  "He gave Goo Jun Pyo a level of sensitivity and vulnerability that made us sympathize with his character, even a character as difficult as Goo Jun Pyo."

@LMHolic:  Of course we remember you!  Hope you stick around with us!

• Like 5

There will be a typhoon going to Korea through 8/23 ~ 8/24.
Our bb was worrying that fans would wait for him at tempest and cause dangers. He asked for leave these 2 days.

He also asked his fellow worker to inform fans at Suseo that he would be absent and they should go home quickly. 
How sweet !!  Always care about fans.   :heart:

• Like 6

Choco Story update!!

이민호 탐구영역(1)
Date 2018. 08. 22 17: 45: 00 Hit 153

오늘은 민호에 대한 동기들의 애정을 확인할 수 있는 간단한 문제를 준비해봤어!
이름하여 ‘초과장과 함께하는 이민호 탐구영역’
1탄은 어렵지 않은 문제들이니까 부담 없이 참여해봐!
모든 문제를 맞춘 동기에게는 내 사랑을 줄 예정~♥

201808221755351863366996.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1