Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Wow, LMH looks so handsome in the early photos from The King.  :D  The blue jacket fits him really well.  I didn't expect to see many photos until closer to March.  

LBS ep 19 weekend folks!

Happy Halloween to my US chingus!

• Like 7

This photographer anstagram_._, would you please post more our King's pictures ? 1 photo per day ? Can't get enough of him. :lol:

EISo2nFXsAABpyV?format=jpg&name=large

I just found this ↓ , Is he looking like a real king ?!!!!

EIREOi9XYAAJ8DN?format=jpg&name=medium

cr as tagged

And here's a video to hear his voice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

LOBS Ep. 19

What an emotionally charged episode this was. The closing scenes with the last meal and the kiss between JJ and SC were so well played. I love how so much of the acting between these two is done with their eyes and not words. I think LMH is incredible in emotional scenes like this.When he says “ if there is another way tell me” I had tears in my eyes. And he so desperately wants her reassurance she will return and she can’t give it him - and he says “My life is longer then my time” -  it was a beautiful scene.

What a fantastic final line Lee Jin-Hoon was given “That you are my mother has been a curse for me” Ouch! 

It was great that we finally saw an heroic side of Nam-doo/Park Moo after the see-saw ride we had with him in the present day. Seeing him in Joseon scenes  not only saving Manager Nam but also being the one who killed Mr. yang and his mistress was great- and then his horrified reaction when Ma Dae - Young recognised him!

I was glad that they moved the romance on between Shi-ah and Tae-oh. According to the wikipedia LOBS page Shi-ah was the wife that Dam-Ryun left on their wedding night but in the actual scene I thought it was a different actress.

It’s going to be sad finishing LOBS next week.

• Like 7

LMH in LOTBS episode 19:

346c65694691d421daabfb584b066315912e253c

It was good to see the various smaller story lines coming to a close, even though the big question of how JJ and SC can remain together isn't yet answered. 

I liked JJ's mom re-telling the folktale of the mermaid and the human.  (LOTBS was inspired by a classic Joseon legend from Korea's first collection of unofficial historical tales about a fisherman who captures and releases a mermaid.)  from Wikipedia

@Lindyloo421 It is a different actress in the wedding scene, but she is the younger version of Shi-ah, paired with Park Jin-young, who is the younger version of Kim Dam-ryung/Heo Joon-jae.

In reading the Wikipedia page last month, I had to edit an inaccuracy.  There was a sentence that listed Park-moo as a traitor!  :o

The favorite shots I chose this week didn't include LMH:

What?!

Spoiler

20cf1f55867730dfb2f5d0e5a0bf9fc39d7d8491

27f21e4019fda0bb4fca734422781680c0089734

04248359231b1fbb2b40c00de0df70de85532b7a

f093b60b51a5ef4d6086e1d32a96aab592f1da56

b389f5cdfa28ce6a3c97ee3a0af6f00884c22b1e

• Like 5

Thank you @1ouise for the info re Shi-ah.

Also can I just say a big thank you to

@gtLmh0622 for the translations that she does. After a long wait  I got the L’officiel magazine today and it was great to have the English translation from a few pages back on here to read whilst swooning at the pics!

Incidentally somebody asked Ice today on YouTube about other countries seeing The King and Ice replied that according to news reports the production company is

arranging the authority with many streaming media’s (such as Netflix and Viki)” and that she is tracking it.

I see Netflix are running at least 2 of the dramas -( and Viki has the Melting one ) which are currently screening in SK so here’s hoping. Everything crossed.

• Like 6

LMH In LOTBS ep 19

LMH is so lovable in this ep. The ending scene where they parted by the pool is also my most favorite. Just everything about LMH’s acting in the last scene has emotionally affected me as an audience ... The way he delicately looked at JJH , his gaze, his deep voice, his hairstyle, his maturity and to finish off with his signature kiss. All truly reflected in the 21% rating. 

Thanks @Lindyloo421 good to hear some tidbits of news on the king . I’m sure you’re having a good time with your magazine, how long did you have to wait? 

I recently ordered some Promiz items for the first time and I was really super impressed by their service. It only took 5 working days from the time I submitted my order to receiving the parcel. That’s from South Korea to Melbourne. I am a happy fan. 

• Like 6

Spoiler

LBS ep 19

Thanks @Lindyloo421, @1ouise and @SophieH for your comments!  @1ouise:  I liked your favorite scenes! I would add the ending scene at the pool.

I felt bad for CH as he cried in the bathroom before he took the poison.  It's not his fault that he had a horrible mother and birth father.  But then again, he apparently was brought up well and in charge of his own fate.  

One of my favorite scenes-the heart to heart talk between HJJ and Nam do --"Cheong...protected my Joon Jae.  My Joon Jae" followed by SC telling Nam Do that HJJ is hers.  Cute!

Oh, I like LMH as a Dr.  

So funny that Shi Ah's sister in law and her brother had to see HJJ's house.  Oh, i forgot that our conmen tried to con them lol

The last scene with HJJ and SC is so lovely.  "My love is longer than my time"  awww The music is so touching:bawling:

Isn't this about the time 3 years ago when LBS began airing?  I remember being so excited.  

I think, this time, @Lindyloo421, I may watch ep 20 with a lighter heart.  I also remember watching the last episode of LBS with a heavy heart knowing it would be the last time seeing LMH for a couple of years (although little did we know we'd see him almost daily:tounge_wink:)

cr for video clip above as tagged

I hope that we'll see more this week from The King!  have a great week chingus!

Ok, I had to add this, so I had to edit my post--I kept laughing about it:  SophieH said to Lindyloo "I'm sure you're having a good time with your magazine..." my mind went in the gutter:tounge_wink::innocent: ok, over and out!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Good morning from a wet and misty England. @CarolynH your comment did make me laugh. @SophieH - the magazine took 3 weeks which seemed ages compared to the Minoz membership parcel which came very quickly. I was surprised how heavy the magazine was.

Does anyone know what the Bali photo shoot was for. 

There are a few comments on twitter today from people who were at the filming site - one said that LMH looked serious and dedicated and there was 3 hours of shooting and someone else said on their blog that he was ‘unreal’ and the most handsome actor in Korea!

CarolynH am I ok to put twitter quotes on here?)

I was going to say ‘have a good Sunday’ but with time differences I guess Sunday will be nearly over for some of you! So have a great week everyone!

• Like 6

7JROipF.gif

Spoiler

Thank you for all your comments!

When Joon Jae assured Sim Cheong that their fate won't repeat the tragic ending of Dam Ryeong and Se Hwa, we hoped that they would live a happy ending. Indeed, the fate of Dam Ryeong saving Se Hwa did not repeat, but ironically, it was Sim Cheong who saved Joon Jae this time.

Thinking of her super strength and healing powers gives me hope that she will heal and get through all these. But her repeating Joon Jae's words of wishing her to live a long and normal life even after he's gone, makes the scene more poignant.

R2AjVGR.gif

JJPW4rY.gif

One of the best scenes of Chi Hyun, when he locked himself in the bathroom and cried in defeat. Seeing that spare vial of poison is foreboding of what is to happen next. Chi Hyun's feeling of being trapped in an ill fate is more evident, as Ma Dae Young, his father, wished that his life isn't like his; more so as Chi Hyun utters his last words to his mom, "...that you're my mother,  it was a curse for me."

After getting the hang of the manner of storytelling of this drama, I only realized now that Shi Ah is the young bride whom Dam Ryeong left at the night of their wedding. Ah, poor Shi Ah. Good thing she gets her own love storyline with Tae Oh.

Finally knowing Joseon Nam Doo's real intentions was indeed satisfying. Add to that ajhussi calling Nam Doo by his Joseon name. I've said before that I like the friendship between ajhussi and Joon Jae - so it was very nice to hear Joon Jae appreciate that friendship, which began even in the Joseon era.  

xmHGNZq.gif

It was oddly satisfying to see a conman like Nam Doo stand by his principles. I am loving the care that he has for Joon Jae, even to the point of cheesiness. 

After all those distractions that lead the audience into thinking that Nam Doo is a villain, it was a nice turn in the story to see him avenge his father and Dam Ryeong, and kill off the true villains, Ma Dae Young and his gisaeng (stepmom in the present). 

2OYznZJ.gif

HGh7uQs.gif

H6n6EWl.gif

Doctor Joon Jae! Yet another character of LMH I would love to see more of!

wq4q2j7.gif

lckBqKD.gif

mZ3W6k0.gif

This mermaid Sim Cheong's power to erase memories does come in handy - what a smooth resolution when Jin Joo recognizes Joon Jae's team.

g2rrHz1.gif

OmxDtOi.gif

Aww..looks like that bullet did a lot of damage to Sim Cheong - it did hit her right at the heart. So unfortunately, Joon Jae has come to the point where he is considering to let her go to heal her wound - back in the sea. This seems to be where the conversation is leading to, when she suggests a drink, but he declines (I remember drunk Joon Jae's line: "No one will leave!"). And then, he places the jade bracelet on her wrist (if I remember right, he told Nam Doo he's holding the bracelet for safekeeping and would return it to her when she leaves). 

ynpedlP.gif

As I look back to this couple's journey through lifetimes, I have come to appreciate more the poetry of their lovestory. Despite the ill-fate of Dam Ryeong and Se Hwa, they were together and so they were happy. Tragic end for both, but they're together. However, Dam Ryeong believed that they will be reborn as themselves in the next life and will remember their story. Now, Joon Jae is letting Sim Cheong go to get healed. Sim Cheong is alive, but they're not together. However, Joon Jae believes that they both will be born and meet again. As his love is longer than his time, that love will eventually lead them to a time, when they are both alive and healthy, making a happy ending together.

OiFOajm.gif

• Like 4

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4434520650876509?sudaref=t.co&display=0&retcode=6102

According to 九如一平's Weibo post, the filming was around 3 hours, running back and forth a dozen times in Ginkgo forest. Minho hardly ever dismounted. He reapplied makeup, reviewed the shooting, and communicated with Director/actors on the horse. A serious and dedicated man is most handsome.

EIbF3EnWsAIBNUc?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF3FdXUAApOCu?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF39aXYAAji9C?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EIbF38WW4AEiqel?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF39iXUAAtiHV?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF390XYAAEF2S?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF8ZnWkAAi6mN?format=jpg&name=large

cr as tagged

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Good morning from a wet and misty England. @CarolynH your comment did make me laugh. @SophieH - the magazine took 3 weeks which seemed ages compared to the Minoz membership parcel which came very quickly. I was surprised how heavy the magazine was.

Does anyone know what the Bali photo shoot was for. 

There are a few comments on twitter today from people who were at the filming site - one said that LMH looked serious and dedicated and there was 3 hours of shooting and someone else said on their blog that he was ‘unreal’ and the most handsome actor in Korea!

CarolynH am I ok to put twitter quotes on here?)

I was going to say ‘have a good Sunday’ but with time differences I guess Sunday will be nearly over for some of you! So have a great week everyone!

@Lindyloo421 I think it's fine to add twitter quotes.  I don't think you need to credit anyone since you are summarizing the comments.  I'm not one to read rules :open_mouth: so anyone --correct me if I'm wrong.  

I saw the instagram video of the rowing competition.  Did Lee gon's boat win?  I thought it was the one on the far side.  What is the description of Lee Gon's temperment?  I can imagine if he loses he might have more of a GJP temperament.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2019 at 9:52 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4434520650876509?sudaref=t.co&display=0&retcode=6102

According to 九如一平's Weibo post, the filming was around 3 hours, running back and forth a dozen times in Ginkgo forest. Minho hardly ever dismounted. He reapplied makeup, reviewed the shooting, and communicated with Director/actors on the horse. A serious and dedicated man is most handsome.

Reveal hidden contents

EIbF38WW4AEiqel?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF39iXUAAtiHV?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF390XYAAEF2S?format=jpg&name=large

EIbF8ZnWkAAi6mN?format=jpg&name=large

cr as tagged

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing. This is not open to the public except in the first 3 weeks of October when the ginkgo trees turn into a beautiful yellow color.  This place is quite remote (3-4 hours drive from Seoul). This is a great place to visit, though. Sigh......... The ginkgo forest had been strictly closed to the public ever since. The ginkgo forest is lined with thousands of ginkgo trees planted.  In October, the ginkgo leaves turn yellow and create an unforgettable scene. The best time to visit the ginkgo forest is mid October. A must! You'll enjoy Ginkgo Forest Golden Trail a lot! There are times that it's not so yellow but still beautiful.  :P

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1