Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Watch: Lee Min Ho Makes Dramatic Return In 1st Teaser For New Kim Eun Sook Drama “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Updated February 29 KST:

In a recent report, a source from production company Hwa&Dam Pictures confirmed that upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” is set to premiere in April.

The source said, “‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ has confirmed its broadcast schedule for April, and will be officially folding into [preparations]. Please look forward the story about parallel worlds from Kim Eun Sook, how she will write the story in a new way, and how it breaks out of the boundaries of standard fantasy romances.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385600wpp/watch-lee-min-ho-makes-dramatic-return-in-1st-teaser-for-new-kim-eun-sook-drama-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, scrawford said:

So has he been learning a different dialect for this role? Or he is learning better pronounciatiom in general? 

I don’t speak Korean so I don’t know if his grammar or pronounciation is off. He always sounds nice and polite to me :)

Previous reports say that he has been learning pronunciation and delivery for this role. Seems like we are hearing now the results!

• Like 6

SBS Drama Official IG Update 022920

"Spring 2020, the Eun Sook Drama we've been waiting for is coming! April! SBS Friday lineup is crazy!" 

New SBS fantasy romance 'The King' starring Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun confirmed to air this April

1582938541-20200228-theking.jpg

SBS's blockbuster fantasy romance 'The King: Eternal Monarch' has finally confirmed its premiere, as a special Fri-Sat drama series this April!

In addition to new of the drama's official premiere this spring, SBS also unveiled a firsthand teaser for 'The King: Eternal Monarch' starring male lead Lee Min Ho, currently unavailable outside of Korea. 

Previously, 'The King' garnered massive attention as the newest production by scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook, the mastermind behind 'Secret Garden', 'The Heirs', 'Descendants of the Sun', 'Guardian: The Lonely and Great God' 'Mr. Sunshine', and more. Starring male lead Lee Min Ho and female lead Kim Go Eun as well as actors Woo Do Hwan, Jung Eun Chae, Lee Jung Jin, etc, 'The King' tells the story of a king whose purpose is the close the ancient, cross-dimensional gate connecting various worlds together, and a a detective who strives to keep the door open for the sake of love and friendship. 

Stay tuned for even more teasers and information leading up to 'The King: Eternal Monarch's premiere this April!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/02/new-sbs-fantasy-romance-the-king-starring-lee-min-ho-x-kim-go-eun-confirmed-to-air-this-april

This is it chingus, our long wait would soon be over! April it is! :heart:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I was going to wait until after I watch Mackerel Run to comment, but I can't wait!  When I first saw @sophieH's post, I thought it was just another fan made video, which is nice, but I rather, at this point, see something from SBS.  Omo, he looks so handsome:w00t:!  And those eyes and voice:heart:.  I've watched the teaser so many times.  

@scrawford:  I don't know for sure what the writers meant about his voice, but I have read comments about a nasal sounding voice.  I also think he has a really soft voice.  Sometimes, I have to turn up the volume to hear him speak (nevermind that I have no idea what he is saying lol)  I also read your comment in The King thread about the teaser not being on DB.  Personally, it's fine with me because, and this is my opinion only, there are quite a few antis on DB and it upsets me to read the comments.  It's fine if he's not your favorite actor, but some of the comments are uncalled for.  I also wouldn't be disappointed if no one recaps on DB The King, but I know that's pretty unlikely.  I respected both Javabeans and GirlFriday, even when they criticized LMH.  I wish they were still around.  

Either way, his voice sounded good!!

i don’t know that about DB. I was just curious, because ever since I rode on a lee min ho train spring of last year, I discovered DB, and always go there to read recaps after I completed a drama, and they had a pretty good response for LOTBS. I do miss girlfriday and javabeans. It really is not the same without them. 

All in all, just really excited to catch one of his drama live this time around and now we have an official timeline. Let’s go April! 

• Like 7

Drama looks like a sureshot blockbuster. What a project he chose for comeback. Kim eun sook knows who are bankable male leads. Even if she is top writer she still needs top A list actors to sell her drama throughout asia and lmh brings sales to drama as well as advertisements plus ratings. I hope its peak ratings touch 30% and become abother global phenomenon of year like CLOY.  

His look has become rough which i always liked over his flowerboy look during heirs era. I feel his next step will be movies after drama.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

Previous reports say that he has been learning pronunciation and delivery for this role. Seems like we are hearing now the results!

Such good news. All those haters who bash him for his acting should knows thid. When an actor adds new accent dialects,  it shows thier skill as an actor.  

• Like 3

" The King : Eternal Monarch " announced that the drama will premiere in April as a new SBS drama. As a result, it has been confirmed as a successor to the currently airing " Hyena."

Meanwhile, the first teaser for " The King : Eternal Monarch " was released on the 28th. The 30-second teaser also features Lee Min-ho, who says, " I'm the emperor of the Korean Empire and my name is Lee Gon. " An overwhelming display of aura.

Soon after the first teaser was released, ' The King : Eternal Monarch ' cheered many fans who had been waiting for the drama. Although the teaser was short, the interest in it was literally huge. Few dramas get this much response just from the teaser. It is a testament to the keen interest of " The King : Eternal Monarch".

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003273261

• Like 4

LMH's power in China within 23 hours on Weibo :

1) Hot search tag #李敏镐新剧预告# (The teaser of LMH's new drama) 0.23 billion views.

2) 5.45m views of account me2day's video.

3) 6.3m views of another media account's video.

ER8sInkUcAAmiaA?format=jpg&name=900x900

ER8sMt0U0AIPFuZ?format=jpg&name=medium

ER8sPa6UEAMCRAL?format=jpg&name=medium

cr.  金牛座的倔牛-

• Like 6

Hi- just wanted to say a big thank you to gtLmh0622 and Syntyche for keeping us up to date with English translations of all the great news about The King.

I agree with what was said here about Dramabeans- I thought it was better when Girl Friday and Javabeans owned it but apparently they had to hand it over to others as they also had to work full time. I’m also a bit reluctant to read Koala as there are some anti LMH people who comment negatively every time and even bring his name into things that aren’t even about him. I’ve been  watching a few other drama whilst waiting for The King but even if I am not keen on one or two of the leads I wouldn’t dream of going onto a website and being horrible about them- especially knowing how upset  I get when people write negative things about LMH.

Not long to go now!
Stay safe everyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Don't go to koalas and such other blogs. . it is filled with his ex's fans, rivals fans who keep bashing him. We don't need anyone's approval for his success and skills. He keeps topping govt polls and is considered as face of second hallyu wave and till to this day he remains most popular korean actor overseas. We have nothing to prove to anyone.

This drama's success will speak for itself. He is already slaying in teaser and i hope it becomes huge success. I have trust in both writer and lee min ho to create another huge show! And people say he doesn't do diverse roles. He has done faith , city hunter, movies with diverse roles. Just his most popular roles  become phenomenon and who doesn't wants success? If he gets best writers and dramas, he will do it. Who doesn't want it? Will he reject kim eun sook to do some low budget artsy drama to satisfy some people? Lol! Their fave don't get such dramas years after years, so bitterness shows up.  Who doesn't want advertisements after such successful drama or future big projects? They are just bitter than even after 11 years since boys over flowers, he remains as popular as he was during 2009 to 2016. And topped government poll again..

• Like 6

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Starring Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun Secures Premiere Date

Wielding immense anticipation from K-Drama fans, The King: Eternal Monarch is finally set for a Spring airdate

Garnering raves after releasing its teaser video recently, the Kim Eun Sook drama hypes the excitement by slating its official broadcast schedule.

5a6b9f7c-a853-4b28-8123-8ed7565a48c2.jpg

On February 29, star writer Kim Eun Sook announced that the eagerly-awaited fantasy-romance drama will begin in April 2020. No specified date has been revealed yet.

Previously, SBS unveiled a teaser featuring Lee Min Ho to the delight of its anticipating fans. The quick video trailer introduces the character of the actor with a peerless gaze and enigmatic aura.

Powerhouse Cast & Creative Team

Reuniting with the esteemed writer, both lead stars of the series have worked with Kim Eun Sook before. Lee Min Ho starred in youth romance drama, The Inheritors. 

Notably, writer Kim has produced acclaimed and top-rating series including: Mr. Sunshine, A Gentleman’s Dignity, City Hall and Lovers in Paris.

Interestingly, Kim is also set to collaborate again with PD Baek Sang Hoon. They worked together in runaway hit romance series – Descendants of the Sun. Director Baek includes Love in the Moonlight, Who are You: School 2015 and Secret Love to his portfolio.

Billed to be one of the highly-anticipated dramas of 2020, The King: Eternal Monarch boasts an impressive cast lineup. 

Based on the initial story sketch, the series features two settings following its parallel universe concept. It is also billed to showcase romantic moments for the main leads.

Set to play dual roles, Lee Min Ho suits up as Korean emperor. He is trying to close the dimension to ward off the villain intent to wreak havoc in the kingdom he leads. His other character in the parallel world struggles to protect the people he loves from the projected antagonist.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-spring-premiere/

• Like 5

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/mackerel-isolated-on-white-background-vector-1168171177

cr: to owner.  Couldn't find any videos of Mackerel run so I pasted a photo of a mackerel 

Spoiler

MACKEREL RUN EP 8

finally our short run of Mackerel run comes to end along with our drama rewatch.  Thanks again for everyone who participated.  Geez, we just had enough of his projects to make it through 3 long years.  

Chung Ah is so cute.  Haha  the only replacement for Baek Hyun is Gong Chan.  The director is so unreasonable.  It's not like they are getting married.  She's awfully childish for someone her age and in her position.  Gong Chan is smart to allow Yoon Seo see Baek Hyun alone.  Poor Gong Chan, he has no clue what is coming:bawling:.  I'm glad Sae Mi became a bigger person and made up with Yoon Seo.  The director beame a little more likeable when she said good bye to Yoon seo.  How sweet and unusual couple mackerel necklaces haha.  

I like how they wrapped things up with this final episode; the kids much more mature than the adults.  In the end, I'm glad that I finally watched the drama.  Now I wonder what they had planned if this drama had its full run.  

The best thing... well next to best thing (the best of course is seeing LMH in a drama!) is we don't have to figure out what to do while waiting for The King.  I had really wanted to save the favorites game until after the King and now we can!  I do think we need something to pass time in March.  Should we post the good day series or the trivial question game?  I think nothing is needed in april, since we'll be going crazy counting the days and we'll see more teasers, trailers etc.  Thoughts?

• Like 4

LMH in Mackerel Run episode 8:

3dcaa60c8719394f268054004f56e75cbf8564c2

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I like how they wrapped things up with this final episode; the kids much more mature than the adults.  In the end, I'm glad that I finally watched the drama.  Now I wonder what they had planned if this drama had its full run. 

@CarolynH  It does make you wonder what the original story plan was, but I think they ended it well, considering it was cut short. 

Watching this highlights for me a major reason I am a LMH fan, and that is that he started out like many others and worked and learned and made himself better and better.  He was not just handed super-stardom.  I feel like a proud parent watching my child grow and mature and succeed, and with dignity and class.  :lol:

For anyone interested in watching another LMH oldie while you wait, you can watch Get Up (a TV movie from 2008) on YouTube.

But I Don't Know too (나도 잘 모르지만)

• Like 5

2020/02/28 Korea Tourism Organization updated :

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/AKR/FU_EN_15.jsp?cid=2649043

[Korea] What do Foreigners Think of Korea?

2649043_1_1.jpg

Survey respondents picked President Moon and BTS as the most leading public figures of Korea. In addition, the best image that represents Korea was K-pop and Korean singers.

The Ministry of Culture, Sports, & Tourism and the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) conducted this survey from July to August in 2019. 8,000 foreigners from 16 countries, including Korea, answered questions such as, “Who comes to mind when you think of Korea?”, “What image best represents Korea?”, and “What keyword defines Korea?”

In the public figure poll, President Moon (7.9%) ranked first followed by BTS (5.5%), actor Lee Min-ho (4.3%), actress Song Hye-kyo (4.1%), and singer Psy (3.6%).

In the national image poll, K-pop and Korean singers (12.5%) ranked first followed by Korean food & food products (8.5%) and Korean culture & cultural heritage (6.5%). Furthermore, respondents answered that popular culture (37.8%) as the keyword that defines Korea, followed by economy (16.8%), national security (13.9%), and cultural heritage (10.5%).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing that K-drama is not in the Top 5 images of Korea, but LMH and SHK ranked in 3rd and 4th of representative of Korea. :)

• Like 7