Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

cr: as tagged

Spoiler

LBS episode 14

Thanks @CallieP for starting us off!

We just had to see the sad scene from ep 13 again, didn't we?:bawling:

I wonder why the dance scene was cut?  I remember Kris Silvia mentioned it, but I don't think I've seen the episode since it aired.  

It's so sweet that HJJ would want SC to live a happy life it something happened to him.  I'd be mad if I were SC; I'd feel as though he's keeping something from me.  

Isn't it funny that Chi Hyun's hairstyle change does make him look evil?  

The father really is insensitive, isn't he--asking Chi Hyun about HJJ.  

At least we got a couple of laughs with Shi Ah kissing up to HJJ's omma and the beginnings of the bromance between HJJ and Det Mimi:tounge_wink:.  

Just because evil 2nd wife told HJJ's omma not to see HJJ isn't an excuse for not trying to see HJJ.  HJJ's mother seems feisty enough, so I can't believe words would be enough.  And now that she knows Chi Hyun is running the company, she's going to fight?  Yeah, mom you really believed wife #2 was going to take care of your son;  you're that naive?

NamDoo find out SC is a mermaid scene:  Now, would you wait for a while before going in the pool if you were SC, just to make sure the guys were gone?  And, why didn't HJJ take Nam doo and Tae Oh with him to make sure those two didn't return early?  For those who "live" watched LBS, do you remember how the majority thought Nam Doo was a bad guy?  I believe that I thought it was a red herring, so someone other than chi Hyun would be a suspect.  Nam Doo is just greedy; maybe being an orphan made him feel that money buys security.   

If I were SC, I'd be mad knowing HJJ could read my thoughts and not have admitted it.  

Javabeans mentioned that, at this point, HJJ loved SC more than she loved him.  Agreed?

Isn't filming on the King supposed to start soon?  I hope we get some tidbits.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

ok, dumb question--what is a test shot?  

EFc8z3yVAAEN58S?format=jpg&name=900x900

Only last two words I can't read on above picture, so I used Google's photo translation (I found it's a very useful app, but I need to buy a Korean dictionary :)).  And Google said that was "shot".

According to Rufaiminoz's reply on Twitter :
Test shoot not test shot means Private shoot between a actors and director.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

aWK5akm.gif

Spoiler

Thanks for your comments, @CallieP and @CarolynH

When professor was telling Joon Jae to send Sim Cheong back where she came from so as to prevent the tragic ending from repeating, Joon Jae mentioned a very interesting point: "The fact that everything has repeated is not a curse, but an opportunity. An opportunity to change the ending." I think this mindset is exactly what he needs to not be restricted by the tragic end of the past, and defy the belief that history repeats itself. 

AoJkjrL.gif

Cute date scene! Comparing with the dvd release, the scenes indeed were cut short.

lCPM1M7.gif

PFSCemX.gif

RrFay51.gif

When Sim Cheong killed herself after Dam Ryeong died, it was bittersweet that they died in each other's arms. But come to think of it, Dam Ryeong's sacrifice was essentially negated when Sim Cheong killed herself. And this is where Joon Jae is coming from when he insists on Sim Cheong to live a full life if something tragic happens to him. But of course, he doesn't know the full story yet, hence the "mutual silent treatment" (right after the date?) :(

fUo1At0.gif

When professor asked Dae Young on who killed the lovers, the next scene was quite telling. Hmmm. 

CNKXWns.gif

@CarolynH, I agree on Chi Hyun's hairstyle making him look evil. It makes me remember Young Do's hairstyle in 'The Heirs' - with bangs he looks nicer, but with hair brushed back, he looks evil. Heh. (But with LMH, his hair brushed back makes him look hotter!) :wub:
(Wasn't professor freaked out when he found out that the previous lives of both his clients were actually linked?)

Funny scene when Joon Jae hears Sim Cheong mentally cursing at him. 

cwxSnHu.gif

I find Joon Jae and ajusshi's friendship heartwarming. Now, Joon Jae has another reason to go after Dae Young.

qFPJqUJ.gif

I'm weirded out by the civilized exchange between mom and stepmom as the former was leaving the Heo household. They made it look like "mom's turn is over, it's now stepmom's turn!". Was it really that easy to give up her place and entrust her own son to somebody else? Well, stepmom is right, mom is naive.

Oh, cute Tae Oh and his red ears. Joon Jae notices that he's more than delightful to trail Sim Cheong.

XfyMrRq.gif

Looking forward to the adventures of Joon Jae and Det Mimi!

dbYCnD7.gif

LxaWjPL.gif

Right, Joon Jae should have taken Nam Doo and Tae Oh with him to make sure they won't return early, especially that they have no plans of going out that day. 

jsmT7eO.gif

The scene where Nam Doo was watching Sim Cheong swim in the pool was a bit creepy. Especially when I think about Joon Jae's freaked out reaction when he saw her swimming then. He even intended to close the doors of the pool to give her privacy, in contrast to Nam Doo who just stood there and watched. And who knows what the extent of things he can do to exploit her. On those aspects, the show was successful to distract the audience as to who the real villain is.

0v4Y74g.gif

What a compelling way of revealing to Sim Cheong that Joon Jae can read her thoughts. At the same time, it was also revealed to him that she'll die if he leaves her or this world. Both are confused and stunned. The lovers' quarrel continues.

PQyPgyb.gif

• Like 5

Here’s The K-Drama Man You Should Be Dating According To Your Month of Birth

Find your perfect match.

March

Heo Joon Jae “Legend Of The Blue Sea”

A woman born in March will best fit a man who comforts the woman a lot. Even when the woman is down, the man will be able to bring her up to better spirits.

2TbrJhS0LEDAMPBtJoQrbkEtrGCaa4j8-ZvCNmDO

Heo Joon Jae, played by Lee Min Ho, tugged at everyone’s hearts patiently taking care of Shim Chung when she acted like a curious young kid, since she was a mermaid who didn’t know anything about the human world.

(skipped unrelated)

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/heres-k-drama-man-dating-according-month-birth/

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, syntyche said:

March

Heo Joon Jae “Legend Of The Blue Sea”

A woman born in March will best fit a man who comforts the woman a lot. Even when the woman is down, the man will be able to bring her up to better spirits.

Ah! Since my birthday´s in March, that leaves HJJ for me and about 300,000,000 other women with birthdays in that month! I have to say, though, that my husband always comforts and lifts me up when I´m down, bless his heart!

• Like 7

Lee Min-ho has decorated the cover of the YK edition of magazine L'officiel Hommes.

He showed mature, masculine charm with eyes and expressions that match the atmosphere of autumn. Rumor has it that the collection was applauded by the field staff for its extraordinary and chic energy. 

When asked about Lee Min-ho as a human being, he answers in detail, from his current focus on hobbies to work and love, to his values for happiness that extends beyond them. In particular, the part about maturity draws attention, and he said, “A person who lives close to his / her own self feels mature.” And express well ”. As he describes himself as a "candid person", he is full of unaffected stories of what he thinks and lives. 

Lee has confirmed his appearance in "The King: The Eternal Monarch" by Kim Eun-sook as his next drama, and is set to return to the drama in the first half of next year as the lead male character Egon. 

Although he is entering the 13th year of his debut, he is strengthening his basic skills such as pronunciation and vocalization, as well as taking classes such as horseback riding and adjusting for his work in preparing for his return. 

What do you want to do as an actor? What is the role of Lee Min-ho? His wish, “When I think of a variety of characters from various genres, I hope there's an actor Lee Min-ho at that point,” also feels genuine, making me look forward to the future. 

More pictorials and interviews by Lee will be available in the fall and winter edition of the 2019 edition of L'Officiel Hommes YK Edition, which will be published on Oct. 10. The fall-winter 2019 edition will be pre-ordered today through online bookstores.

0000764924_001_20190930090559322.jpg?typ

0000764924_002_20190930090559368.jpg?typ

0000764924_003_20190930090559402.jpg?typ

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000764924

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

LMH in LOTBS episode 14:

Thanks for all the comments!!

@syntyche  Your post covered everything I wanted to say.  :)

16 hours ago, syntyche said:

When professor was telling Joon Jae to send Sim Cheong back where she came from so as to prevent the tragic ending from repeating, Joon Jae mentioned a very interesting point: "The fact that everything has repeated is not a curse, but an opportunity. An opportunity to change the ending." I think this mindset is exactly what he needs to not be restricted by the tragic end of the past, and defy the belief that history repeats itself. 

The professor is not all-knowing.  Joon-jae is wise enough to understand that he can do something about his future.

tumblr_pyk4t8CBHq1w2zf0ho1_540.png

16 hours ago, syntyche said:

When professor asked Dae Young on who killed the lovers, the next scene was quite telling. Hmmm. 

Showing Chi-hyun directly after the question seems like a pretty straightforward answer.  Also, the up-styled hair should have been another obvious sign that he is a villain.  Yet, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Looking at it now, I think I should have known from his actions as a child.  Still, I pity him.

tumblr_pyk4t8CBHq1w2zf0ho3_540.png

17 hours ago, syntyche said:

the show was successful to distract the audience as to who the real villain is.

The audience was more than distracted by Nam-doo.  Everyone believed that he was a traitor--no benefit of the doubt for him.

It was disappointing to see that JJ's mom was so defeated when she was kicked out that she just gave up.  (I guess it had to be this way for the plot.)

I don't usually watch on Viki, so it's interesting to know what has been changed due to licensing and copyrights.  I guess I'll keep watching on sites-that-must-not-be-named.

tumblr_pyk4t8CBHq1w2zf0ho5_540.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Where to buy the new L'OFFICIEL HOMMES :

https://global.yes24.com/search?q=L'OFFICIEL HOMMES

Need to buy 3 for different covers ? :P

20190930 Lee Min Ho : Minoz FB updated :

<L'Officiel Hommes YK Edition> The cover of the 2019 fall and winter issue was decorated by actor Lee Min Ho.

This issue shows his mature and masculine charm!
More photos will be available from October 10 with Lee Min Ho's attractive interviews.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

LOTBS Ep. 14

I thought LMH looked particularly fetching in this episode, and expressed a wide range of emotion, from  crying over seeing DR's death and his inability to protect his love, to his cool anger with his step-brother, his growing friendship with the detective, to his fear for SC, enjoying himself with SC while they do the first stage of love, to his distress and yelling at SC at the end, when he's hearing her thoughts about having to die if he does. I just thoroughly enjoyed watching him.

Not exactly on topic: In this series I can see the small flaws in his face that I have come to enjoy. The small horizontal slash mark on one cheek, the small round scar high on the other cheek. I even like his weird left ear that looks like someone took a small bite out of it. But in his recent photo shoots and even in his Instagram posts, he's either wearing heavier make-up or the photo is air-brushed to death. I guess I like a slightly more natural look. I'm not complaining, exactly; he looks great no matter what. Just expressing a preference.

• Like 6

Netizens comments :

(+105,-1) Woah I like Lee Minho's atmosphere ㅎ

(+90,-1) Ah I stop breathing .

(+81,-1) I'm looking forward to seeing the power of acting and the power of the eyes, the visual, the gorgeous Minho , I will look forward to The King!

(+78,-1) Omg finally .

(+70,0) Crazy crazy ㅋㅋㅋ So cool!

(+31,0) Even the interview is so good. Lee Minho is Lee Minho who's so honest.

(+24,-1) Overwhelmed by the atmosphere!! It's been a while since you had an interview.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8542b2147b3a459db2890a9c892c4ff6.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho Candidly Talks About Who He Is As A Person And An Actor

Lee Min Ho looks charismatic in his new photo shoot for L’Officiel Hommes YK Edition!

During the interview for the photo shoot, Lee Min Ho talked about his values on work, hobbies, love, and happiness. On maturity, Lee Min Ho shared, “I feel as if people who live life close to their real selves are mature.” He continued to explain that he’s working hard to express himself as he is after trying to figure out what being himself means while understanding his thoughts, dispositions, and appearance. Accurate to his self-description as an “honest person,” Lee Min Ho shared candid stories of his thoughts and his personal life.

Lee-Min-Ho-2.jpg

Previously, it was announced that Lee Min Ho would make a drama return with Kim Eun Sook’s new project “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (working title) as the main male lead Lee Gon. Although he’s an experienced actor, Lee Min Ho shared that he’s still taking lessons on horseback riding, pronunciation and vocalization, and more to support his acting skills since this drama will be his first project following his discharge from the military.

Lee-Min-Ho.jpg

Lee Min Ho also talked about his responsibility as an actor to portray his character well, saying, “When [viewers] think of various genres and diverse characters, I hope actor Lee Min Ho is there.”

More photos, along with other parts of the interview, will be revealed through the Autumn/Winter 2019 issue of L’Officiel Hommes YK Edition on October 10.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355821wpp/lee-min-ho-candidly-talks-about-who-he-is-as-a-person-and-an-actor

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 9/29/2019 at 6:59 AM, syntyche said:

Hi @CarolynH, a test shot is reportedly scheduled this October 2

cr: tina_minoz

Hi syntyche, ohhh..........thanks for this info - I wonder why they still have this "test shot', huh? :o

On 9/29/2019 at 11:17 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

Only last two words I can't read on above picture, so I used Google's photo translation (I found it's a very useful app, but I need to buy a Korean dictionary :)).  And Google said that was "shot".

According to Rufaiminoz's reply on Twitter :
Test shoot not test shot means Private shoot between a actors and director.

Hi gtLmh, some dramas but not all are doing this practice..... This is critical to ensure everyone understands the nature of the scene and the director's goal. Given that the proper preparations have been done – shots were planned, actors were rehearsed, the department heads had a chance to visit each location to determine the shots and lighting, locations were dressed, parking and transportation had been set-up and the cast and crew are on their way, the process of shooting the drama begins. :P

On 9/29/2019 at 10:10 AM, CarolynH said:

ok, dumb question--what is a test shot?  

Hi CarolynH, this refers to photographs that are taken at the beginning of a photoshoot to determine the correct exposure, and lighting levels required to capture a specific pre-determined set of final images. :P

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho Proves He Is The King In Upcoming L’Officiel Hommes Photo Shoot

NOBODY CAN DO IT LIKE THE KING.

Lee Min Ho is certainly back in the spotlight where he rightfully belongs. Kicking off his return with an announcement for his upcoming drama, he resumes activities meant for top-tier stars like him. Starting off, Lee graces the magazine cover of L’Officiel Hommes, basking in the mysterious aura of the handsome actor.

Featuring three separate covers, Lee lends an aura of sophistication made possible through his ensemble and accessories. His aristocratic energy gives a tone of finesse and elegance to the cover. A feat that the actor can effortlessly do.

Furthermore, there seems to be something slightly different about Lee Min Ho. A more mature magnetism replaces his usual boyish charm. His chic energy in how effortless he can carry the wardrobe during the shoot is the reason why he has graced so many magazine covers in the span of his career.

And speaking of career, Lee is entering his 13th year in the industry. He continues to slay in his chosen industry, armed with boundless talent and undeniable charm. In his own words, he thinks himself as candid. He brims of stories and is outspoken. Lee believes that a person who is true to himself tends to mature quicker than the rest. And he cites himself as an example.

WHAT’S NEXT FOR THE ACTOR

Fans are eager for Lee’s upcoming drama, fit to his current stature as the one of the hottest Korean actors.

In The King: The Eternal Monarch, Lee challenges himself further as he takes on a dual role. He pairs up with powerhouse actress, Kim Go Eun. Filming is currently ongoing, and Lee should serve up his drama by the first half of 2020.

To finalize, Lee talks about his wish for himself. Specifically, he thinks about the variety of characters he’s portrayed so far. He reflects about his sincerity in his portrayal of each role. And it’s his sincere wish that fans feel his genuine heart in every project he has had.

More of Lee’s interview and photo shoot is in the October issue of L’Officiel Hommes.

https://www.hellokpop.com/fashion/lee-min-ho-lofficiel-hommes-october-2019/

• Like 7

Oh my goodness gracious me ! he is so charming in the magazine covers, far beyond my imagination. I am so on cloud 9...I’ve been staring at these covers all day, peeking in between work, cooking and stuffs.  he makes my heart ❤️ flutters !... I hope being so madly in awe with Lee Min Ho doesn’t mean I’m cheating on my other half right? :blush:  It’s a different kind of virtual love. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=101&oid=015&aid=0004216634

Partial translation by Google :

The Kakao M, which is planning to open its business in the future, has provided investment opportunities for them to strengthen their relationship with their celebrities and executives.

According to Kakao M on the 30th, the company held a board meeting on the 24th and decided to increase the third party's paid-in capital increase of 680 billion won (issued 56,871 shares, issued price 12,2695 won per share).

In the paid-in capital increase, 17 individuals including celebrities and executives of Kakao M's subsidiaries and two institutional investors participated.

Lee Min-ho, a member of MYM Entertainment, who is currently discussing strategic cooperation with Kakao M, invested 2 billion won, and GM Group, an investment company of MYM Entertainment, invested 4 billion won.

Kakao M explained, "The individuals who participated in the paid-in capital increase voluntarily set the amount."

In the investment banking industry, the capital increase, which has been conducted since June, is also interpreted as giving stock options to stock participants. If Kakao M is listed in the future, they can expect profits.

Kakao M is aggressively acquiring content producers such as entertainment companies and film companies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that MYM will not be acquired by Kakao M, only be the relationship of strategic cooperation. Anyway, Minho is smart and always has good plan for his career, just trust him and his any decision.

• Like 3

Oh my goodness what a day it’s been.

SophieH I laughed out loud at your comments cos that is exactly how I feel - it definitely is a different kind of virtual love!  

I thought the photos from the hotel were incredible but these from the magazine are just awesome. He looks so professional and sophisticated- and then you get the one of him with the grape in his mouth- how can you not adore him.

Perhaps it’s me being dense but I don’t quite understand the Kakao bit- so LMH and MYM have purchased shares in Kakao but MYM are remaining independent is that what it means?

I hope he stays safe on that horse.

• Like 5