Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

8 hours ago, happivirus said:

I thought 1 billion WON = 1 million USD.

Hence 900 million = 900, 000 USD. And 1400 million won = 1.4 million USD. please correct me if I am wrong. Also seeing other rising popular actors cf fees already 600 000 USD, cant imagine Mino fees is much less.

Haha ! You're right, 1 billion WON = 1 million USD, I must be addleheaded.   :wacko:

I've corrected my post. Sorry to confuse you.

20180910 on duty.

005DfNRagy1fv45v2c3gsj30yi1pc7wj.jpg

005DfNRaly1fv45zj5lafj30qo1bfq92.jpg

79cb95e3gy1fv4581hcz3j21yx1ukhdt.jpg

Spoiler

005DfNRagy1fv45v4l15qj30u718vqv5.jpg

005DfNRagy1fv45vfdyj5j30yi1pcnpe.jpg

005tUwtjgy1fv49rj98dcj30u011iwiv.jpg

cr Logo

• Like 3

@gtLmh0622:  It is interesting how Heirs is still fairly popular given that the drama aired almost 5 years ago.  

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 5

The King and Queen rock in the opening scene confronting Gi Cheol.  Now I'm confused.  he is the brother of Queen Gi; is Gi Cheol Chinese?  ES is pretty funny too, standing up to Gi Cheol.  I love Dae-man so worried about his captain.  Did CY return from the dead because he promised to protect ES.  I love how bold the Queen is  even talking back to the King.  I think we all suspect Court Lady Choi is related to CY.  Isn't it strange that she never goes to see how he is?  Hmm, do you guys think when CY rescues ES at Gi Cheol that that is the beginning of CY 's and ES's relationship.  They both seem happy to see one another (aside from CY saying that he likes her).  Notice that he allows ES to touch him.  

cr: for photo as tagged via Minoz Mexico Official

PS.  did I insert the photo correctly?  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Reveal hidden contents

FAITH EPISODE 5

The King and Queen rock in the opening scene confronting Gi Cheol.  Now I'm confused.  he is the brother of Queen Gi; is Gi Cheol Chinese?  ES is pretty funny too, standing up to Gi Cheol.  I love Dae-man so worried about his captain.  Did CY return from the dead because he promised to protect ES.  I love how bold the Queen is  even talking back to the King.  I think we all suspect Court Lady Choi is related to CY.  Isn't it strange that she never goes to see how he is?  Hmm, do you guys think when CY rescues ES at Gi Cheol that that is the beginning of CY 's and ES's relationship.  They both seem happy to see one another (aside from CY saying that he likes her).  Notice that he allows ES to touch him.  

Hi @CarolynH, yes, you inserted the photo right. Thanks for the photo. Minho must be feeling hot wearing Choi Young's costume. :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CallieP said:

Can you explain more about "Media Play"? What is it and what does it do? Thanks!

Spoiler

There were lots of actors promoted themselves when/after their dramas aired. Their agency companies were good at making various topics, they issued drafts to medias to state that xxx was most popular, got highest rewards, mentioned or compared others (especially LMH) to raise their own value, and etc. They paid money to SNS accounts for promoting themselves and slandering others, even made fraud views on stream sites.

BTW, donation is an issue as well. When the Sinking of MV Sewol (2014), lots of celebrities announced that they made donations, LMH was attacked by haters that he didn't make donation, but when he got " Happiness Sharing " award in 2016, we finally knew that he immediately donated 100 million won after the Sinking of MV Sewol.

When LOTBS was aired, I wondered why the promotions for this drama/leading actors/actress were so poor. Maybe just because both LMH and JJH are top actors, they don't need promotions and they don't like promote themselves ?!

Fan made video :

cr LUCK2

• Like 5

16 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

900 million won ? Yes, 900 million won = USD 900,000.  ←  but this is the first time I heard that he earned USD 900,000 for 15 min.
And 1.4 billion = 1400 million won = USD 1,400,000.  ← That's exactly, I have read the news for his OSIM endorsement fee before. 

thanx for your reply...i will make article about this in my facebook page and i will be paying to boost my post/my article on my fb page

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

@leeminhosny

KOFICE Global Hallyu Issue Magazine 2018-9+10 Vol. 26
http://kofice.or.kr/b20industry/b20_industry_01_view.asp?seq=989&page=1&find=&search=

From page 49, Hallyu story in Turkey.

Lee Min Ho is TOP 2 - Hallyu star you want to meet most.

Thanks chingu but I can't understand completely ,why does it mention  specially about Turkey?

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Thanks chingu but I can't understand completely ,why does it mention  specially about Turkey?

I remember that 2018-7+8 was about the survey in America.

I think they issued the report by different area in every vol. Maybe they found the Hallyu story in Turkey was worthy to be reported separately.   :P

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I remember that 2018-7+8 was about the survey in America.

I think they issued the report by different area in every vol. Maybe they found the Hallyu story in Turkey was worthy to be reported separately.   :P

hahaha Thank you :Dyes LMH number one in Turkey:wub:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180911 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

6b9650adgy1fv5ao51mzdj20yi1pcai3.jpg

6b9650adgy1fv5ao72dvrj20yi1pcalk.jpg

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures + the clip. It's autumn/fall right now in Seoul so, I'm not surprised why his get-up is like that now, wearing that windbreaker. It's COOL now in there. Not long after, cold season hits in & winter kicks in ... A/F is short in duration. Although, these seasons are considered the best time to visit Seoul. :P

• Like 2

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=672608&page=2

A man from Pyongyang recently escaped from North Korea
The most popular male star in the city of Pyongyang is Lee Min Ho.
Another North Korean woman panel applauds and they say the same thing in the provinces of North Korea.

https://tv.naver.com/v/4007477

DmyU87eU0AAGrY4.jpg

And the comments about the post of above news in DC.
My English translation is according to Chinese Translation.

DmydYVfUYAEnZxG.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=672608&page=2

A man from Pyongyang recently escaped from North Korea
The most popular male star in the city of Pyongyang is Lee Min Ho.
Another North Korean woman panel applauds and they say the same thing in the provinces of North Korea.

https://tv.naver.com/v/4007477

And the comments about the post of above news in DC.
My English translation is according to Chinese Translation.

DmydYVfUYAEnZxG.jpg

gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. Isn't it there's also a female NK who defected to SK because of LMH? That after watching his drama "The Heirs", she decided to defect the very next day. So amusing that she also wanted to marry him - hahaha. Well, who doesn't want? BTW, thanks for sharing the translation. I feel happy about this popularity of him in that place. :P

• Like 2

SPOTTED: Innisfree Is Finally Opening a Store in Manila

(SPOT.ph) It's finally happening: K-Beauty brand Innisfree is opening their first store in Manila! While most of their products are readily available on K-Beauty shopping websites, it's still good to know that you can finally shop your Innisfree favorites in a physical store.

innisfree-moa-640.jpg

Spotted on the ground floor of SM Mall of Asia's Main Mall.

All we know so far is that the store is "opening soon" (according to the board-up) on the ground floor of SM Mall of Asia's Main Mall and that it's going to be huge, since it looks like it's going to occupy an entire corner. So while we're patiently waiting for more updates, here's a roundup of some of the products we can't wait to get our hands on once Innisfree finally opens its doors:

Spoiler

innisfree-moa-1.jpg

Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask Innisfree website

The Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask is great for people who have oily skin. It absorbs excess sebum and deeply cleanses pores, minimizing its appearance. Plus, it leaves a wonderful cooling sensation that refreshes skin!

innisfree-moa-2.jpg

Green Tea Seed Serum Innisfree website

For a healthy glow, reach for Innisfree's Green Tea Seed Serum. This concentrated serum hydrates skin and is packed with antioxidants from a blend of Jeju green tea extracts and green tea seed oil.

innisfree-moa-3.jpg

Jeju Orchid Enriched Cream Innisfree website

The Jeju Orchid Enriched Cream is an anti-aging product packed with Precious Orchid Elixir 2.0™ (an ingredient extracted from Jeju orchids), an antioxidant that keeps skin looking youthful and radiant. It nourishes the skin, leaves it tight, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and brightens your skin tone. 

innisfree-moa-4.jpg

Bija Trouble Focusing Patch  Innisfree website

Perfect for trouble spots, the Bija Trouble Focusing Patch has torreya seed oil and salicylic acid essence which help target and improve problem areas within eight to 12 hours. 

innisfree-moa-5.jpg

My Foundation 2.4 Innisfree website

Innisfree's My Foundation 2.4 lets you choose from over 50 formulas depending on your skin's moisture level, coverage, and shade so you'll totally walk home with a foundation that's perfectly formulated for your skin type.

https://www.spot.ph/shopping/the-latest-shopping/75057/innisfree-store-opening-manila-a00023-20180910

• Like 2

Everything You Need To Know About Lee Min Ho

It's time to brush up on your LMH knowledge!

lee-min-ho-1536647912.jpg

PHOTO: Instagram/actorleeminho

The South Korean actor, singer, and model dubbed as "King Of Ads" and "Long-Legged Oppa," has made us swoon non-stop after more than five successful dramas, multiple visits to the Philippines, and that ~adorable~ smile. And because we've fangirled over him for more than a decade, here's a refresher course on Lee Min Ho's early career, pivotal roles, past relationships, and notable awards.

Early Life And Career

Lee Min Ho was born on June 22, 1987, in Heukseok-dong, Seoul, South Korea. We don't know much about Lee Min Ho's parents, because they tend to keep their personal lives private, but we do know that his sister, Lee Yun Jeong, is the CEO of MYM Entertainment, Lee Min Ho's current agency.

Lee Min Ho was going to be a professional soccer player, but an injury during elementary school made him shift to acting. By his final year of high school, he was signed by Starhaus Entertainment. 

Most of us first saw Lee Min Ho as Gu Jun Pyo in the 2009 series Boys Over Flowers, but how exactly did the Korean oppa get started in the acting industry? Before getting his big break, Lee Min Ho officially made his acting debut on May 10, 2006, through the show Secret Campus. He also had roles in television dramas such as Mackerel Run, I Am Sam, and Get Up, and for films Public Enemy Returns and Our School E.T.

Notable Acting Roles

Boys Over Flowers (2009)

In this Korean adaptation of the manga Hana Yori Dango, Lee Min Ho played Gu Jun Pyo (his first major lead role), the leader of F4 and heir to the Shinhwa Group, one of the biggest companies in South Korea. He's hot-tempered and unable to express his feelings well. He torments Geum Jan-di (Ku Hye Sun) but ends up falling in love with her.

Lee Min Ho auditioned for the role along with hundreds of other actors, and actually found out about his casting through a newspaper!

Personal Taste (2010)

This romantic comedy tells the story of furniture designer, Park Kae-in (Son Ye Jin), who lives with architect Jeon Jin-ho (Lee Min Ho) because she's under the assumption that he's gay.

City Hunter (2011)

This action series features Lee Min Ho as Yoon-sung, whose ultimate goal is to avenge his father's killers. He assumes a double life by using the identity of a Korean-American teenager, graduating from MIT with a doctorate degree, and landing a job at South Korea's presidential palace where he meets presidential bodyguard Kim Na-na (Park Min Young), with whom he falls in love.

P.S. Lee Min Ho actually suffered from a car accident while filming the series.

Faith (2012)

It's about a modern-day plastic surgeon (Kim Hee Sun), who is kidnapped and travels back in time to the Goryeo period, 700 years in the past. There, she falls in love with her kidnapper, Lee Min Ho's character, a warrior and the leader of the royal guard.

The Heirs (2013)

The series follows a group of rich, privileged high school students as they are about to take over their families' business empires. Lee Min Ho played Kim Tan, a member of the elite who falls for poor girl Cha Eun-sang (Park Shin Hye). He is later forced to choose between the responsibility of pursuing the family business or ~love~.

Gangnam Blues (2015)

This South Korean noir action film is set in the 1970s against the backdrop of the real estate development of Seoul's Gangnam district amidst socio-political turmoil and terrorism. Lee Min Ho gets caught in battles between political powers and criminal organizations. 

The Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)

Inspired by a classic Joseon legend from Korea's first collection of unofficial historical tales about a fisherman who captures and releases a mermaid, this drama tells the love story of a con-artist (Lee Min Ho) and a mermaid (Jun Ji Hyun) who travels across the ocean to find him.

Bounty Hunters (2016)

This action comedy movie features highly-skilled bounty hunters pursuing fugitives in Korea, China, Hong Kong, and Thailand. Lee Min Ho plays San, a martial arts expert.

Singing Career

Lee Min Ho's first album, My Everything, is dedicated to (who else?) his fans, and it consists of a variety of ballads and upbeat tracks. When he released it in 2013, he also went on a fan tour, going to Asian countries such as Malaysia and the Philippines to perform.

Notable Awards

• 2009 Best New Actor at the Baek Sang Art Awards for Boys Over Flowers
  • 2013 Best Couple Award with Park Shin Hye, Top Excellence Award (Actor in a Drama Special), and Best Dressed at the SBS Drama Awards for The Heirs
  • 2014 Prime Minister Award at the fifth Korean Popular Culture & Arts Award
  • 2015 Most Popular Actor (TV) at the Baek Sang Art Awards for Gangnam Blues
  • 2016 Most Anticipated Action Comedy Actor and Asian Movie Pioneer at the first Weibo Movie Awards for Bounty Hunters
  • 2017 Best Couple with Jun Ji Hyun at the SBS Drama Awards for The Legend of the Blue Sea

What He's Up To Now

Lee Min Ho is currently away from the spotlight as part of his mandatory military service. His hiatus began in May 2017 when he was assigned at the Suseo Social Welfare Center in Gangnam District Office and worked as a public service officer. Lee Min Ho got an exemption from active-duty service after his car accident in 2006 with fellow actor Jung Il Woo wherein he was hospitalized for a broken thigh and ankle bones.

In March 2018, he entered his military training at the Korea Army Training Center in Nonsan, South Korea and returned to public service duty after four weeks of basic military trainingHe will be discharged in May 2019.

Fun Trivia: 

• He's actually a little clumsy (awww). He's tripped on the red carpet a couple of times and it's been caught on tape!
  • He's a philanthropist! He even has his own fundraising and social donation platform called PROMIZ, which he founded in 2014. 
  • He has a wax figure at Madame Tussauds in Shanghai, which was unveiled in 2013.

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/lee-min-ho-facts-movies-shows-a2520-20180911-lfrm

• Like 5

7 K-Dramas & Films With Con Artists Who Never Fail To Charm Us

Heo Joon Jae, Jo Nam Doo, and Tae Oh in “The Legend of the Blue Sea”

The-Legend-of-the-Blue-Sea.jpg

These three are at it from the get go! Using hypnosis, charm, and technology, this trio has no qualms about scamming money from the wealthy who abuse their power. However, we can’t exactly call them modern day Robin Hood characters, because instead of giving back to the poor, they use their reward money to fund all their personal vacations.

It’s also Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho)’s solo con against Shim Cheong (Jun Ji Hyun) that gets him tossed into the world of mermaids, reincarnation, and the whereabouts of his estranged parents! It all starts with that damn jade bracelet. Even when he promises Shim Cheong that he will step away from his promiscuous lifestyle, we still find him turning back to his old ways with Nam Doo (Lee Hee Joon) and Tae Oh (Shin Won Ho). He has good reason though, because if his conning is successful then his family, friends, and him will have a happily ever after! “The Legend of the Blue Sea” offers what anyone would want in a drama: romance, fantasy, and heists!

Tae-Oh.gif

(skipped unrelated)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1222191wpp/7-k-dramas-films-con-artists-never-fail-charm-us

• Like 5

On 9/10/2018 at 6:21 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

Lee Min Ho is TOP 2 - Hallyu star you want to meet most.

Who is #1? You can answer under spoiler. I am curious.

@CarolynH

It is strange I could not see it using Mozilla Firefox but I could see it using Microsoft Edge. :o

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

Who is #1? You can answer under spoiler. I am curious.

Spoiler

TOP 1   PSY
TOP 3   Park Shin Hye

Above are in Turkey.

ps. From 2014 to now 2018, no other names appeared on Global TOP 1 and TOP 2. Always PSY and LMH were TOP 1 or TOP 2.  (The survey was begun from 2013 and the data of 2014 was the result of survey in 2013)

LMH is the only one male actor on the list for 5 years.

(Global data by summary of surveys in different continents)
005DCUQYly1fpqk67yybdj30ot08njt4.jpg

cr as tagged

20180912 on duty :

• Like 4