Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing the above stills. This year (2020) among K-free networks, SBS has prominent viewership ratings, taking the top spot in most of their dramas. The network showcased stories of different genres & usually using strong male leads. I hope the network will continue its successful trend. :P

• Like 5

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

New teaser!

syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Ye, it's D-7 & it feels like April is flying so fast. All the teasers & stills that I've seen so far make me excited. At first, I thought they won't look good together. I'm glad that this will be on Netflix. :P

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, willenette said:

syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Ye, it's D-7 & it feels like April is flying so fast. All the teasers & stills that I've seen so far make me excited. At first, I thought they won't look good together. I'm glad that this will be on Netflix. :P

They do look good together :P

I can feel my heart beat a lil bit faster only by seeing this teaser. Luv it. B)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

New teaser on yt :P

943ec402e694481a8e983911f12a0c48.jpeg?s=

Watch: Kim Go Eun And Lee Min Ho Search For Answers In New Teaser For “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’s upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared a new teaser ahead of its premiere!

Written by famous screenwriter Kim Eun Sook, “The King: Eternal Monarch” will be a fantasy drama about two parallel universes. One universe is a democracy that resembles modern-day Korea as we know it, while the other is an alternate universe in which Korea is an empire ruled by a single monarch. Emperor Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) teams up with detective Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) to close the portal between the two worlds and save everyone.

The teaser begins with Lee Gon remembering the day in his childhood when a coup was staged against his father. He asks, “Will it be here? The reason I survived that day?” Jung Tae Eul can then be heard asking, “Are you really from a different world?” and Lee Gon says, “It took 25 years for me to see you.” But his words are followed soon after by another voice that rings out with a warning, “You saw something you shouldn’t have.”

Lee Gon says, “I’m not out to catch someone, I’m here to look for a face that only I can find.” The teaser ends with Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul embracing as they say, “Between one and zero. The person I loved.”

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” premieres on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393532wpp/watch-kim-go-eun-and-lee-min-ho-search-for-answers-in-new-teaser-for-the-king-eternal-monarch

"The King: Eternal Monarch" Production Press Conference to be held online on April 16.

Unfortunately, the venue is too small to receive support supplies.   :unsure:

EVPCGnuUcAAHmIs?format=jpg&name=small

EVPCNHWUcAAnDI3?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

"The King: Eternal Monarch" Production Press Conference to be held online on April 16.

Unfortunately, the venue is too small to receive support supplies.   :unsure:

I came here to say that :sweatingbullets: I received an email from the agency(after almost a week of waiting) that they won't be accepting any wreaths

it's all for the best, health comes first!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Latifah_ said:

I came here to say that :sweatingbullets: I received an email from the agency(after almost a week of waiting) that they won't be accepting any wreaths

it's all for the best, health comes first!

Hi Latifah, well, we should be glad at least there's a small gathering between stars & media in these trying times. I'm sure they'll practice social distancing inside in that venue.  :P

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Lee Min Ho And Lee Jung Jin Show A Fairytale Gone Wrong In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Lee Min Ho And Lee Jung Jin Show A Fairytale Gone Wrong In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Drama Preview  Apr 10, 2020                                                                                                                                                          by C. Hong

SBS’s highly-anticipated drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has released teasers of a scene that is a study in extreme contrasts.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is the new drama from acclaimed writer Kim Eun Sook and tells the story of two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one which is similar to the present-day republic. Lee Min Ho stars as Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the worlds, and Kim Go Eun stars as Detective Jung Tae Eul, who teams up with him to protect people’s lives.

Lee Jung Jin also plays a supporting role in the drama as Lee Rim, Lee Gon’s uncle. He was the half-brother of the preceding emperor, Lee Gon’s father. Even though Lee Rim was the oldest son, he was removed from the line of succession at age 13 because he was the son of a concubine, a resentment he still carries in his heart to this day.

In the new stills, Lee Min Ho looks like a fairytale prince as he rides a pure white horse through a bamboo forest dressed in his royal attire. However, this fairytale turns dark with the appearance of Lee Jung Jin, dressed in a modern suit that is liberally stained with blood.

This fateful encounter was filmed back in February in a forest in Gijang County, Busan. When Lee Min Ho and Lee Jung Jin arrived on set, they were impressed by the bamboo forest’s natural beauty, despite the winter wind that made filming cold and difficult. Lee Min Ho was more concerned for the horse than himself, checking frequently to make sure it wasn’t uncomfortable in the cold, while Lee Jung Jin showed a 180-degree change from his character with his warm smile and respectful attitude on set.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” premieres on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393555wpp/lee-min-ho-and-lee-jung-jin-show-a-fairytale-gone-wrong-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

If any chingu likes to watch the press conference on Apr. 16.

I post the procedure how to watch it by kakaotv app on "The King" thread (page 35).   :)

thanks @gtLmh0622 I followed the steps but when I tried clicking one of the video it says access is prohibited from my location. :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SophieH said:

thanks @gtLmh0622 I followed the steps but when I tried clicking one of the video it says access is prohibited from my location. :bawling:

Maybe you need to use VPN to change your location to Korea.

Just informed by @scrawford on "The King" thread.

It should be working on kakao TV Website and need not to register as a member :  https://tv.kakao.com/

Fan art.

72f858d3ly1gdowzi8ixyj20hs0vm4qp.jpg&key

5fd08de3ly1gdoykzddgtj20u01hcwrk.jpg&key

5fd08de3ly1gdoyl07rgij20u01hch54.jpg&key

cr Logo

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

D-6  :love:

LMH spotted in a white navy uniform in the filming of The King! :wub:

cr: polarisx_jino

EVSDMVZUYAAH1NB?format=jpg&name=small

EVSDMVbVAAAk_ua?format=jpg&name=small

************************************************************************************************

10 hours ago, SophieH said:

I was able to watch all The King videos on the Kakaotv app after using a VPN.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Minho in the naval suit is my weakness

I'll never get tired to see him filming aboard that ship, send him there everyday :P:wub:

I was even stuck at this part from the last teaser

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, SophieH said:

my region is excluded for content too :( it'd be nice if MYM decides to livestream it on the official youtube channel

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

7ZMo3hYnH0k3637221991437834413.jpg

xZjxXYXNTvN7637221992381155696.jpg

dfOt8ALK7PLA637221992562720205.jpg

Hide contents

bANrPHcNx5RS637221991250173525.jpg

ficcsjP0gZtT637221991347517256.jpg

AKQ2D7SgWZYU637221991524400375.jpg

XDIGindbVIgq637221991610962879.jpg

nscM607QtBhk637221991730971331.jpg

9aZtz9MWFuRN637221991825346332.jpg

RV083pHEEyag637221992201138565.jpg

u5EixI6WALaf637221992282388571.jpg

04DD7ozFlVAY637221992480063938.jpg

A8luqjniFbQo637221992649449083.jpg

b6BN0LTiB1ue637221992735386601.jpg

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" has unveiled its latest trailer to mark the birth of a heartbreaking romance.

"The King-Eternal Monarch" unveiled a 28-second preview on Friday, sparking over-indulgence among viewers. First of all, the video, which began with a panoramic view of the Korean Empire on a dark night, marked the beginning of the incident with dark red blood, broken ceilings and chaotic figures.

And "Will it be here? The reason why I survived that day," narrates Lee Min-ho, who is behind Lee Gon's low voice, as a young Lee Gon who tries to hold back his tears in mourning turned into a mature and calm present Emperor Lee Gon . Lee Gon, who had been standing in a bamboo forest that exuded mysterious energy, then gave a mournful look to Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) upon meeting her, who said, "Are you really from another world?" He replied, "It took 25 years for me to see you," displaying his affectionate eye contact, heralding a beautiful and fantastic romance.

It was followed by Kang Shin-jae (Kim Kyung-nam), who is holding back his intense anger with a serious face, Koo Seo-ryeong (Jung Eun-chae), who smiles coldly at something, and Lee Rim, who exudes intense poison, behind Lee Rim's meaningful voice saying, "You saw something you shouldn't have seen." In addition, Cho Young (Woo Do-hwan), who was left alone in Lee Gon's study, expressed regret with a face full of rain, saying, "Where are you?" while Lee Gon stares at Jeong-tae in a space full of fallen leaves. "I'm not out to catch someone, I'm here to look for a face only I can find." Jung Tae-eul, who cast a lonely feeling with dewy eyes, was lost in thought and raised curiosity.

In the next scene, the two, who finally faced each other in the imperial family, looked at each other faintly with Jung Tae-eul's words, "between one and zero," and held each other tightly in their arms in another world. As Lee Gon, who swallows sorrow by hugging Jung Tae-eul tightly, ended with the words "My beloved one," raising expectations for a thrilling and bitter parallel world romance.

"The preview is just the beginning of the story that 'The King-Eternal Monarch' will tell," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please watch 'The King-Eternal Monarch' as it gives you a vast amount of excitement."

Meanwhile, SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch'" will premiere at 10 p.m. on Friday, April 17.

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=269078

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/280599

1 hour ago, Latifah_ said:

Minho in the naval suit is my weakness

I'll never get tired to see him filming aboard that ship, send him there everyday :P:wub:

I was even stuck at this part from the last teaser

Hi @Latifah_, maybe that should be his next drama/movie, a full-time navy captain :P He looks dashing in uniform, be that a pilot or navy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just think, next week this time, we'll be watching the King! 

There was a lot of discussion about watching the presscon in The King thread.  I guess each drama is different, but I was trying to remember how I watched the presscon for LBS.  I don't recall downloading any app.  And I remember seeing it either live or pretty close to it.  Any of my US chingus remember?  BTW, I heard from pixie0622 last week.  She texted me out of the blue to find out if The King was going to be on Netflix.  

I hope the OST from The King is good.  LBS had a lot of good music-some of the best I've heard in a kdrama.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @Latifah_, maybe that should be his next drama/movie, a full-time navy captain :P He looks dashing in uniform, be that a pilot or navy.

remember when minho said he wanted to try the marine or navy captain suit someday? he got his wish fulfilled

this guy knows exactly what outfit would explode his already explosive charms :P 

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

Just think, next week this time, we'll be watching the King! 

There was a lot of discussion about watching the presscon in The King thread.  I guess each drama is different, but I was trying to remember how I watched the presscon for LBS.  I don't recall downloading any app.  And I remember seeing it either live or pretty close to it.  Any of my US chingus remember?  BTW, I heard from pixie0622 last week.  She texted me out of the blue to find out if The King was going to be on Netflix.  

I hope the OST from The King is good.  LBS had a lot of good music-some of the best I've heard in a kdrama.  

during LotBS the presscon was streamed live via SBS' official page(facebook I think), we later got various short clips from different media outlets/news

it's been a while since pixie logged in right? it's about time she comes back! let all of us watch and analyze this drama together xD

I heard so many kminoz have recently subscribed to Netflix just to watch The King, idk if netflix is as popular and mainstream in Korea as it is anywhere else but this is huge as they can just opt out to watch it on sbs

friday come fasterrrrr

99D85A3C5E695B660E

cr. holyground

• Like 9

Lee Min Ho is a tragic king searching for his love in 2nd teaser for 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

SBS's upcoming blockbuster Fri-Sat drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' has released a 2nd teaser, unveiling more details surrounding the story's tragic male lead Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho). 

According to the 2nd teaser above, the Korean monarchy's current king Lee Gon survived a tragic accident as a child before taking his place on the throne. Then, traveling through a supernatural, dimensional door as an adult, he reveals that he has been looking for someone for 25-years. 

Other characters such as Lee Rim (played by Lee Jung Jin), Goo Seo Ryung (played by Jung Eun Chae), Jo Young (played by Woo Do Hwan), and more also appear with varying expressions, still veiled by mystery. Finally, Lee Gon arrives in a dimension where Korea is a republic rather than a monarchy, where he meets detective Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun). 

Interested to find out more? SBS's 'The King: Eternal Monarch' is set to premiere in just one more week, on April 17 at 10 PM KST! Look forward to a thrilling supernatural romance by scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook!

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2020/04/lee-min-ho-is-a-tragic-king-searching-for-his-love-in-2nd-teaser-for-the-king-eternal-monarch

A Complete Guide To Lee Min Ho's Past Movie Roles

lee-minho-past-movies-shows-1586092671.j

As we all know, Lee Min Ho's new drama, The King: Eternal Monarchwill be hitting our small screens this April! We're sure you've already binge-watched his well-known dramas such as Legend Of The Blue Sea (2016), The Heirs (2013), City Hunter (2011), and Boys Over Flowers (2009) in preparation for his role as an Emperor from a parallel universe. 

Our bb boy, although he hasn't starred in many films yet, has had some memorable movie roles since 2008. Check them out below: 

1. Public Enemy Returns (2008) 

Genre: Drama/Action 

Lee Min Ho's role: Jeong Ha-yeon, a young "gangster" 

What the movie's about: The Korean Film Council tells us that in this film, a detective named Kang Chul-jung (Sol Kyung Gu) has been fighting crime for 15 years, but "he leads a financially insecure life." Meanwhile, there's Lee Won-sul (Jung Jae Young), the wealthy honcho who recruits young boys to work for him AND forces them to take the fall whenever his crimes are discovered. Chul-jung makes it his mission to take him down.

Fun fact: The film is the sequel to Public Enemy (2002) and Another Public Enemy (2005). 

Spoiler

2. Our School's E.T. (2008) 

Genre: Drama/Comedy 

Lee Min Ho's role: A high school student named Oh Sang-hoon

What the movie's about: According to the Korean Film Council website, a gym teacher named Chun Sung-geun (Kim Soo Ro) is called "E.T." by his students. He works at a competitive private high school, but he's not exactly the most hardworking teacher there. So, when a parent requests that the school get rid of the "useless gym class" and expand the hours for English classes, Sung-geun does his best to become an English teacher in two weeks in order not to lose his job.

The website writes: "His only weapon is his amazingly incomparable physical strength and with the help of a few students who understand his warm heart, he starts a perilous and knee-slapping journey to become the schools E.T." 

Fun fact: The movie also stars well-known K-drama personalities like Park Bo YoungBaek Sung Hyun, and Moon Chae Won

3. Gangnam Blues (2015)

Genre: Action/Drama 

Lee Min Ho's role: Kim Jong-dae, the adopted son of a former gang leader

What the movie's about: The movie is set in the 1970s, during the height of political corruption in Gangnam, Seoul. Gangnam Blues' Korea Film Council description goes like this:

"Childhood friends Jong-dae (Min Ho) and Yong-ki (Kim Rae Won) struggle to get by, until their shanty homes are demolished by local thugs. Desperate for cash, they get involved in violent political clashes, and are separated during one of the skirmishes. Three years later, Jong-dae lives as an honest man with former gang leader Kil-su. Meanwhile, Yong-ki has joined Seoul's most powerful criminal organization and fights over the lands in Gangnam, all in the name of putting together secret political funds that drive up the value of the city." You can stream the movie on Viu

Fun fact: Soompi writes that Min Ho also filmed a sex scene with actress Kim Ji Soo, but it was edited out of the movie. 

Spoiler

4. Bounty Hunters (2016) 

Genre: Action/Comedy 

Lee Min Ho's role: San, a martial arts expert 

The sitch: The Chinese + Korean film tells the story of five bounty hunters who travel all over Asia in search of money. Soompi writes that Lee Min Ho's character is incredibly skilled in martial arts, but he still maintains his charming and cute personality. The film takes place in many locations across Asia, including Korea, China, Hong Kong, and Thailand.

Fun fact: According to SBS, the movie made 50 million Chinese Yuan (P357.76 million) on its opening day. WOW!

Spoiler

BONUS: Lee Min Ho had a ~*cameo*~ in the 2018 film Believer

"My seat was right next to Lee Min Ho...His face is smaller than mine!" Watch the funny scene here: 

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/lee-min-ho-movies-guide-a2520-20200410

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

On 10 April 2020 at 9:25 PM, myhun_ said:

Drama Preview  Apr 10, 2020                                                                                                                                                          by C. Hong

SBS’s highly-anticipated drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has released teasers of a scene that is a study in extreme contrasts.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is the new drama from acclaimed writer Kim Eun Sook and tells the story of two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one which is similar to the present-day republic. Lee Min Ho stars as Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the worlds, and Kim Go Eun stars as Detective Jung Tae Eul, who teams up with him to protect people’s lives.

Lee Jung Jin also plays a supporting role in the drama as Lee Rim, Lee Gon’s uncle. He was the half-brother of the preceding emperor, Lee Gon’s father. Even though Lee Rim was the oldest son, he was removed from the line of succession at age 13 because he was the son of a concubine, a resentment he still carries in his heart to this day.

In the new stills, Lee Min Ho looks like a fairytale prince as he rides a pure white horse through a bamboo forest dressed in his royal attire. However, this fairytale turns dark with the appearance of Lee Jung Jin, dressed in a modern suit that is liberally stained with blood.

This fateful encounter was filmed back in February in a forest in Gijang County, Busan. When Lee Min Ho and Lee Jung Jin arrived on set, they were impressed by the bamboo forest’s natural beauty, despite the winter wind that made filming cold and difficult. Lee Min Ho was more concerned for the horse than himself, checking frequently to make sure it wasn’t uncomfortable in the cold, while Lee Jung Jin showed a 180-degree change from his character with his warm smile and respectful attitude on set.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” premieres on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393555wpp/lee-min-ho-and-lee-jung-jin-show-a-fairytale-gone-wrong-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

Hi myhun, thanks for sharing this. Ohhh... I almost forgot that LJJ is also in the drama. :P

• Like 1