Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

The article about LMH and The King Sejong Institute really highlights how very highly he is thought of doesn’t it. It is such a glowing tribute.

Gosh it’s been a great day hasn’t it with that article, and then the really sweet pictures of him with the little girl, and the Promiz update- he is so compassionate.

As for The L’escape  hotel video- talk about looking good in his 30s -I thought he was breathtaking all the way through the video.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I’ve deleted so I don’t repeat gtLmh0622’s

gorgeous photos from the L’escape  video - but OMG is right!

Wanted to  ask anyone who has been involved in two live threads about how it works- do we keep all The King discussion on that thread - and any comments not related to the drama here. I know CarolynH, who has been so helpful to me  re this thread, told me that Soompi are very strict.

• Like 5

On 9/18/2019 at 2:45 AM, willenette said:

Hi Lindyloo, I couldn't agree with you MORE especially the actors - And you know, the bonus amount that an actor earns for a successful box office hit is more than a billion won. It is the result of the contribution and role of an actor that decides the success of the drama/movie. A guarantee means the actors' basic pay and running guarantee means a bonus. The bonus is the profit divided by an equal percentage. Usually, a drama/movie's fate is decided on who stars in it. It's hard to find someone with strong audience/ticket power no matter how many dramas/movies they've made. They take these facts into consideration when they sign them on for a bonus contract. There are cases when they gave out bonuses to everyone including the cast and the supporting cast but this is exceptional. It's common for the guarantee of the cast to take up most of the production cost. Bonuses are creating a rich-get-richer and the poor-get-poorer cycle. :P

Hi Willenette

Just to say if you get fed up answering my questions please just ignore them!

Your reply was really interesting - so are actors signed on for a guaranteed bonus before a drama begins? That sounds risky but I guess top actors get a lot of offers and if people want them in their drama they have to pay high. I was reading about a very  recent drama where staff said they hadn’t been paid. The drama apparently cost a lot of money to produce, had someone starring who I guess was a top star and has had much lower viewing figures then expected. It must be hard to balance the books sometimes. Does being sold to other countries make a difference money wise? I ask because of the tragedy surrounding Faith- with unpaid actors etc- yet it sold well oversea

especially to Japan.

• Like 5

On 9/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

I haven’t heard of I am your teacher - is that the one also known as I am Sam?

I can’t find Mackerel Run anywhere - does anyone know where it can be seen?

I saw Mackerel Run on YouTube too. I am a little afraid to go to kissasian site as I get safety warnings from my browser. I did like it though parts of it can be really wacky.

@gtLmh0622 I think you said that LOTBS has 27 million views on kissasian? However, is it a site that the producers get credit and payment like Viki or Netflix or is it an illegal site and thus no money is paid to the production company. Furthermore high viewership on a legitimate site would be great for LMH.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I saw Mackerel Run on YouTube too. I am a little afraid to go to kissasian site as I get safety warnings from my browser. I did like it though parts of it can be really wacky.

@gtLmh0622 I think you said that LOTBS has 27 million views on kissasian? However, is it a site that the producers get credit and payment like Viki or Netflix or is it an illegal site and thus no money is paid to the production company. Furthermore high viewership on a legitimate site would be great for LMH.

When I went to kissasian,  there was a re-direct mark appeared and linked to kissasian after 5 seconds but no safety warnings.
And yes, it seems to be an illegal site.

Minho was spotted on 20190920.

EE4SCu8U4AE_at8?format=jpg&name=large

EE4SCe6UYAQkfor?format=jpg&name=medium

Cr.lisa有只鹿得金 via lmh_kig

According to lisa有只鹿得金's another post, this is near to Minho's home. And in this post, she said "LMH just passed by....... I am not anyone's fan, but he is too handsome. "

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi Willenette

Just to say if you get fed up answering my questions please just ignore them!

Your reply was really interesting - so are actors signed on for a guaranteed bonus before a drama begins? That sounds risky but I guess top actors get a lot of offers and if people want them in their drama they have to pay high. I was reading about a very  recent drama where staff said they hadn’t been paid. The drama apparently cost a lot of money to produce, had someone starring who I guess was a top star and has had much lower viewing figures then expected. It must be hard to balance the books sometimes. Does being sold to other countries make a difference money wise? I ask because of the tragedy surrounding Faith- with unpaid actors etc- yet it sold well oversea

especially to Japan.

Hi Lindyloo, selling video rights to other countries will make more money indeed! They say that exports of Korean series yielded three times higher than the amount earned in domestic. There are some dramas that nearly half of the budget was spent to cast a couple of actors playing leading roles.  My understanding is that in this spending structure some Producers found it difficult to pay others. Most of the time it was largely due to "inflated" payments to big name actors and actresses. The producer usually needs extra money to fully compensate others. To that end, they need to sell the drama in various ways, but there are some, which are not always successful. This is the reason why we always read reports of amount of unpaid wages from time to time.  :P

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

When I went to kissasian,  there was a re-direct mark appeared and linked to kissasian after 5 seconds but no safety warnings.
And yes, it seems to be an illegal site.

Minho was spotted on 20190920.

Cr.lisa有只鹿得金 via lmh_kig

According to lisa有只鹿得金's another post, this is near to Minho's home. And in this post, she said "LMH just passed by....... I am not anyone's fan, but he is too handsome. "

Hi gtLmh/CallieP, so many are not a licensed sites & one of them is - KissAsian, along with gooddrama.net & Dramacool. This is the reason why I usually buy my own DVD copies. In case I can't have them, I only visit Viki, which is a legal one  with fast subbing teams. Thanks for sharing this LMH's sighting. :P This made my DAY! 

• Like 4

Fans are fascinated by Lee Min Ho's appearance and beautiful body

The images in the new ad that Lee Min Ho participated in show him more and more masculine and sexier than before.

Recently, the advertisement that Lee Min Ho performed at a hotel was shared online. In the clip, the actor "Legend of the blue sea" dressed in a beautiful black suit appears extremely attractive.

hut5-ngoisao.vn-w960-h539.jpg

hut6-ngoisao.vn-w960-h540.jpg

hut2-ngoisao.vn-w960-h540.jpg

Spoiler

hut1-ngoisao.vn-w960-h538.jpg

hut3-ngoisao.vn-w960-h539.jpg

hut4-ngoisao.vn-w960-h540.jpg

The images in the new ad that Lee Min Ho participated in show him more and more masculine and sexier than before.

In some other scenes, Min Ho shows a handsome face, no dead angle and beautiful long legs in costumes that exude a manly appearance. It must be said that at the age of 32, Lee Min Ho still has a handsome appearance that is unmatched in a high attitude.

Not only conquering fans by the beauty outside, Lee Min Ho also attracts fans, thanks to his sincere heart. Reportedly, Min Ho's charity fund has donated to Holt International Children's Services. This money is used to buy milk for children for one year.

Lee Min Ho attracts fans thanks to his handsome appearance and kind heart.

Lee Min Ho officially discharged from the army in April. After completing his military service, Min Ho got a new film project. It is known that he and his co-stars participated in the script reading for the drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch". The work will be filmed in the near future and scheduled to air in March next year.

https://ngoisao.vn/hau-truong/chuyen-lang-sao/fan-me-met-truoc-dien-mao-va-than-hinh-tuyet-my-cua-lee-min-ho-274694.htm

• Like 9

Lee Min Ho’s PROMIZ Donates To Orphans Of The Holt Children’s Welfare Association

02-660x400.png 

LEE MIN HO’S PROMIZ CONTINUES TO INSPIRE OTHERS TO SHARE THEIR BLESSINGS.

The actor’s donation platform PROMIZ once again proved that their love for Lee goes beyond the norm. What they did this time was they delivered donations for children waiting for adoption in the Holt Children’s Welfare Association.

Proceeds for the donation were collected through the “Excellence: Draw Milk Beards to Children” campaign that PROMIZ conducted.

Incidentally, PROMIZ celebrates its 5th anniversary this 2019. Throughout their existence, they have continuously organized campaigns aimed for different causes. They have held campaigns for the environment, the children and even the animals. Through the donation platform, the true kindness and joy in generously sharing is consistently seen. Their kind hearts not only inspire others to donate to their cause, but actually raises awareness for the cause itself.

EXCELLENCE CAMPAIGN

The current “Excellence” campaign in particular, aims to raise awareness for adoption. Initiated in 2018, PROMIZ wants to highlight the plights of orphans who are waiting for new families.

Admirably, they utilize the “S” shape to get their message across. This symbolizes the milk marks left on the babies’ mouths after drinking milk. The “Excellent” campaign, which linked their product design with the purpose of their campaign, also won the 2019 ‘Social Campaign’ category of the German-based iF Design Award, one of the world’s top three design awards.

Actor Lee Min Ho has always been interested in socially vulnerable groups and has been promoting the “Excellence” campaign. He has also expressed eagerness to actively take part in PROMIZ’ social contribution campaigns.

PROMIZ will not only deliver donations but will continue to conduct “Excellence” campaigns to bring about awareness to the reality of children waiting to be adopted.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/lee-min-hos-promiz-donates-to-orphans-of-the-holt-childrens-welfare-association/

• Like 7

Kim Sang-joong praised the actors who starred as his children.

"All of the younger actors who appear as my children are doing well. "...Lee Min-ho also came out as my son in a drama. I'm just thankful for all of them because they've grown up to be good actors."

420682.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

(skipped unrelated)

http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=103884#05KU

• Like 7
  • Love 1

bluesea13-00228a.jpg

Spoiler

A lot happening this episode. now its SC turn to think that Se Hwa is someone else, Hee!Hee! SC is like a super woman and she helps JJ's mom. JJ loves hearing SC singing JJ loves me. Nam Doo being jealous of SC and upset that JJ is abandoning their con artists work. Hmm, what will Nam Do do, now that he is disgruntled.  He feels rejected like an ex-girlfriend :D. LIke a jealous girlfriend he asks when drowning whom will JJ save, Nam Doo of course if not SC will save him instead, thinks JJ.  So many pivotal scenes, Mom realizing that she has been cooking for ex-husband. Shi-Ah finding out that ajumma that she is so rude to is the mother in law she has been trying to locate, karma to her ill treating the help. JJ acting like a prosecutor, the parallells of those in the past and the present. JJ's mom already having an affinity with SC much to Shi-ah's chagrin. How to change and be nice to mom now???

Next arc to the story, step mom watching dad fall down the stairs and Chi Yuan comes in and sees what happens. He calls emergency and worries about dad but when dad only calls JJ, he leaves in anger, and sadness. Chi Yuan really loves dad and wants to be his son so this is a slap in the face. He burns photos. He gives up on the relationship and probably allows mom to kill his step-dad.

Lastly, omg, DY tries to rescue Se Hwa and they both die and sink to the ocean's depth. Saddest scene. LMH scores in this episode as DY and JJ.

I know why this is Carolyn's favorite episode.

• Like 7

cr:  as tagged

Spoiler

LBS episode 13

As I mentioned last week, this is my favorite episode even though the end just kills me.  It's beautifully filmed.  I think this PD films tragic scenes really well.  The beginning is pretty lighthearted to prepare us for the tragedy at the end:bawling:

It seems that LMH and JJH had fun filming the opening scene.  it's good to see that they were getting along.  I've enjoyed Jin Joo all along, but more so now that she is forging a friendship with HJJ's omma.  I think  Chairman Heo's  wife is more a villainess than Ma dae Young.  I do feel bad for Nam doo, that SC is replacing him for HJJ.  Rather than HJJ having a job in law enforcement, I think SC should be in law enforcement.  She's strong and fast!  I think it's just hilarious that HJJ orders the detectives.  The one detective seems to realize that he's being ordered around, but Det MiMi thinks he is the one with the upper hand and is using HJJ to catch MDY.    Shi Ah's  realization that their housekeeper is HJJ's omma was also quite amusing.  I think Chi hyun is conflicted now, the father who raised him well vs the father who will leave everything he owns to his biological son.  Oh no, here it comes no ................KDR.....why................and the music makes it even more sad..........KDR's slight smile as he is dying kills me..........pass the kleenex......so sad they die in each other's arms.......but neither could live without the other.  I guess we all knew it was coming, but nevertheless so hard to watch.  

I had hoped we would see photos of LMH going to or returning from the script reading.  I didn't think we would see any photos of the script reading itself;  I suspect everything will be kept under wraps until a month before with teasers of the King.  

I'm surprised that LMH can leave his home with one bodyguard.  It looks like he is wearing a mask, but, for me, it would make him stand out more.  I'd wonder, who is that wearing a mask and stare more, thinking that it is a celebrity or someone with some sort of notoriety.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

It looks like he is wearing a mask, but, for me, it would make him stand out more.  I'd wonder, who is that wearing a mask and stare more, thinking that it is a celebrity or someone with some sort of notoriety.

Yes, I would think that too. But I wonder if a fair number of people wear masks there, either because of the smog or to reduce the spread of germs. If so, he wouldn't stand out so much. I haven't been to Seoul, so this is just a speculation on my part. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

.KDR's slight smile as he is dying kills me.

Why do you think he is smiling? Because he thought he saved Se Hwa or "here it comes my death, a cynical smile, or "I get to see Se Hwa, one last time before my death".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

Why do you think he is smiling? Because he thought he saved Se Hwa or "here it comes my death, a cynical smile, or "I get to see Se Hwa, one last time before my death".

My interpretation is that KDR was happy that he was able to protect Se hwa and that he died in the arms of the one he loved.  I ended up watching it again on my TV (I usually watch on my tablet while I'm on my laptop typing) and cried again.    Oh, I forgot to add thanks for starting us on episode 13!

• Like 5

LOTBS Ep 13

Each episode in this series seems to get better and better, probably because we're being drawn into the story and are becoming fond of the characters. Although I have to say that I start out being pretty fond of any character LMH plays, and it only gets better from there on. 

HJJ's father has been such a jerk to both his sons, his real son since was young and now his stepson as he ignores him and wants HJJ. He's twisted both his son's lives. Heo Chi-hyun's character, the stepson, is interesting to watch as the series progresses. He is truly between a rock and hard place, given a rejecting father who he adored and villainous mother who he also loves. This is slowly turning him into a torn and tormented soul.

I hated to say goodbye to Dam Ryeong in this episode, he was such a great character. I agree with Carolyn H. I thought he smiled slightly just before he died because he was with her at the end. I love the little subtleties in LMH's acting!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

My interpretation is that KDR was happy that he was able to protect Se hwa and that he died in the arms of the one he loved.  I ended up watching it again on my TV (I usually watch on my tablet while I'm on my laptop typing) and cried again.    Oh, I forgot to add thanks for starting us on episode 13!

Yes, I also think that he was able to protect Se hwa and that he died in the arms of the one he loved.

When I first watched this episode on SBS (same time as aired in Korea and without subs), too many tears that I couldn't keep watching clearly, I didn't notice that smile. Rewatched this episode with subs on the next day, I really admired this couple's acting, how come they could act like that in the water ??? 

Spoiler

I'm the one very easily drop tears when I watch dramas/movies/books, but sometimes, some actors' acting can't touch me to drop any tear at sad scenes. I really dropped many tears when watching Minho's each work. I have 20 episodes of Heirs in my computer, once I opened an episodes and randomly dragged to one point to begin my countless rewatching, that's the scene Kim Tan in Kim Won's office and standing in front of Won's desk, I knew what Tan would say to his brother and my tears dropped immediately even I have not begun to watch. The memory of Minho's acting could make me drop tears.

By the way, I love love KDR's simple dressed in white on the boat, can't describe how handsome his face is.    

• Like 6