Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

*** Ahn Jinyoung, a reporter for Munhwa Ilbo and a Youtuber, revealed the appearance fees of top actors on his Youtube some days ago. First, the reporter revealed that Song Joongki, Lee Jongsuk, Ji Changwook, Kim Soohyun, and Lee Minho were actors who opened the way for a Korean actor to be able to get paid around KRW 300 million (around USD 244,000) per episode for drama on terrestrial channels. In other words, they receive approximately KRW 4.8 billion (almost USD 4 million) in appearance fees for a 16-episode drama. In the case of Kim Soohyun and Lee Minho, who have high popularity overseas, receive incentives on top of their appearance fees, per the reporter's words. He added that actresses still tend to earn less than actors. Jeon Jihyun and Song Hyekyo were said to receive the highest appearance fee among actresses, which is said to be KRW 200 million (around USD 163,000) per episode. As for actors who appeared on OTT, which is known to pay more, Lee Jungjae is said to be the star with the highest appearance fee. "In October last year, it was reported that the amount Lee Jung Jae got paid for one episode had risen to KRW 1 billion (USD

813,000).   :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2023 at 6:47 PM, CarolynH said:

Wow, I'm surprised Timothee Chalamet knows who LMH is.

Wow, the Dune star is praising LMH.  I am impressed.  LJJ won the Emmy awards, etc and Squid was a big hit so he is riding high now. Lucky devil. :smile:

On 1/29/2023 at 7:31 AM, willenette said:

@CallieP I was referring to the Critics' Choice Award. For SAG 2022, Netflix's Squid Game nabbed nominations and Lee Jung-jae.   :kaching1:

I saw Actors Guild Awards mentioned somewhere and I was wondering aloud if Pachinko received any nominations?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Wow, the Dune star is praising LMH.  I am impressed.  LJJ won the Emmy awards, etc and Squid was a big hit so he is riding high now. Lucky devil. :smile:

I saw Actors Guild Awards mentioned somewhere and I was wondering aloud if Pachinko received any nominations?

@CallieP  only Squid Game made history by becoming the first non-English series and first Korean series to be

nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.  :rubchin:

• Thanks 1

Here Are The 15 Highest Paid K-drama Actors in 2023

The South Korean media continues to grow bigger every year with its slew of high quality projects from outstanding stars.

Apart from their versatility and unrivaled visuals, most K-drama actors are also offered a handsome amount of salary for their hard work.

4. Lee Min Ho
One of the most popular stars is Lee Min Ho who gained popularity in the domestic and overseas channels after starring in “Boys Over Flowers.”

Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho’s net worth isn’t also modest as it amounts to 26 million USD this year.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2023/02/03/here-are-the-15-highest-paid-k-drama-actors-in-2023/

• Like 2

Ask the stars shooting seemed to go on for months and months.

and now I guess he will have to get down to working on Pachinko- he must be tired.

I see another of his contemporaries has announced  his marriage - Lee Seung Gi is getting married in the Spring. I wonder when it will be LMH’s 

turn! He is such a huge star  that it most be difficult for him to date privately especially when people like Despatch are around.

Willenette - any sign of Ask the Stars going onto to a streamer?

Amazon Prime has just put Payback with Lee Sun kyun on -which is 2023- so perhaps they are getting more involved in showing new  kdramas. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Ask the stars shooting seemed to go on for months and months.

and now I guess he will have to get down to working on Pachinko- he must be tired.

I see another of his contemporaries has announced  his marriage - Lee Seung Gi is getting married in the Spring. I wonder when it will be LMH’s 

turn! He is such a huge star  that it most be difficult for him to date privately especially when people like Despatch are around.

Willenette - any sign of Ask the Stars going onto to a streamer?

Amazon Prime has just put Payback with Lee Sun kyun on -which is 2023- so perhaps they are getting more involved in showing new  kdramas. 

@Lindyloo421 this drama will also be on Netflix aside from tvN. As far as I know, this will be also Eng subbed on Amazon Prime Video online. Yes, I noticed since last year that Amazon Prime Video are expanding its Korean drama slate. Please note that just like any other streamers, Amazon Prime video buys the rights to show the TV shows and Movies created by others on their platform for a specific period. Once the contract period with the original creator is

over Amazon Prime will remove that content from their platform.   :rubchin:

• Like 3