Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

5 K-drama couples expected to create a sensation on the Korean small screen in 2023

As the end of the year approaches, K-drama schedules for 2023 are being unveiled, and so many couples are already raking up extremely high expectations. 

Many K-dramas planned for 2023 are already beginning production or have announced their cast members, raising expectations for the combinations and chemistry that will blossom. And below are 5 K-drama couples that are already garnering quite the attention for 2023. 

Lee Min Ho – Gong Hyo Jin

lee min ho ask the stars

2023 will introduce K-drama lovers to the sci-fi series “Ask The Stars”, which will feature Hallyu super star Lee Min Ho and the “rom-com queen” Gong Hyo Jin

gong hyo jin ask the stars

Set in a space station, “Ask The Stars” will depict a romantic tale between a space visitor and an astronaut, and is expected to become a blockbuster on the K-drama scenes with its cast lineup and production. 

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://kbizoom.com/5-k-drama-couples-expected-to-create-a-sensation-on-the-korean-small-screen-in-2023/

• Like 5

The 20 Best Korean Dramas Of 2022

So many more dramas, so little time. International audiences had more Korean dramas to choose from in 2022 and they were available on more streaming platforms. Which dramas stood out? The variety of 2022 Korean dramas offered plenty to to enjoy, but the following dramas offered something extra, whether it was a distinctive plot, a fresh take on the inevitable-although-beloved tropes, great action scenes or enjoyable character development

Pachinko: Pachinko might not technically be considered a Korean drama, but it’s a Korean story with major Korean stars. It’s based on a bestselling novel by Korean American author Min Jin Lee and features You Yuh-jung, Lee Min-ho and newcomer Kim Min-ha. Why see it? Pachinko is a sensitive retelling of the novel’s moving story of displacement. It’s a family saga of survival in the face of hardships and discrimination. Gorgeous visuals, great acting and Lee Min-ho really ups his game with this role. On Apple

spacer.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2022/12/11/the-20-best-korean-dramas-of-2022/?sh=2f4ab6b7ea3f

• Like 6

*** "Pachinko" has been named one of the best TV programs of the year by the American Film Institute (AFI). The film organization announced this year's recipients of the AFI Awards, Saturday, recognizing 10 films and TV programs.  :thumbsup:

credit : Korea Times

• Like 4

The Top 10 Most Googled K-Dramas In South Korea This Year

What got the nation Googling?

Google recently launched its “Year In Search 2022” review, showing the key search interests in different parts of the world. According to the general categorization of the data, some of South Korea’s primary interest areas included politics, soccer, game, K-Pop, and dramas. So, what are the top 10 K-Dramas that got the country the most curious this year?

10. Pachinko

sOyZIxmLqb-_rniq5wJjvv0aNBaceLZMmDQHQoVkS6hXOfNnqyDMRWtVyE0nQUeXoFDx4Q5_UZGMjRnxUdYklDwB-G4MqAJAiA2nBk8dPmWtfA=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Based on the New York Times bestseller with the same title, this series chronicles the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family across four generations. The show follows the journey of the family members as they leave their homeland in an effort to grow and live a better life. Pachinko was nominated for 20 Primetime Emmy awards, and it ended up winning seven. There are a total of eight episodes — the first one premiered on April 1, 2022, and the last one on April 29, 2022. Since the show streams only on Apple TV, the highest search queries related to it were about its Torrent links!

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/top-10-googled-k-dramas-in-south-korea-2022/

• Like 5

How on earth can a drama that has been raved about in reviews, voted in top ten dramas of the year by multiple publications, and won awards all over the world be shunned not just by the Emmys but now by the Golden Globes?

Are these voters unable to read subtitles?
I am so disappointed for Minho and the cast and crew.

• Like 3

19 Best Romantic Comedy K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

2. "Legend of the Blue Sea"

19 Best Romantic Comedy K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

When: 2016-2017

Cast: Jun JiHyun, Lee MinHo

Summary: It tells the romance of a mermaid and a son of a rich businessman turned into a con-man.

For: Viewers looking for a fantasy drama with funny characters and a beautiful love story.

Why watch?: First of all, the drama is a fantasy drama on the original subject of mermaids. Also, the two top Hallyu actors were cast in this high-budget drama. The drama caught attention with hilarious scenes, the love line, and magical elements.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-romantic-comedy-kdramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

How on earth can a drama that has been raved about in reviews, voted in top ten dramas of the year by multiple publications, and won awards all over the world be shunned not just by the Emmys but now by the Golden Globes?

Are these voters unable to read subtitles?
I am so disappointed for Minho and the cast and crew.

I'm not surprised that Pachinko was snubbed by Western Award Bodies like Emmys, HCA and now Golden Globes. Racism and corruption play big roles in these awards. I was reading about how 'Emily in Paris' bribed the Golden Globe voters to get nomination and recently saw how HBO sent such extravagant PR packages to critics/voters for 'White Lotus.' These Awards show are now far from fairness and objectivity, politics is more dominant.

Apple TV was not doing anything extravagant to promote Pachinko during the awards season, they only did it for Severance, so its not surprising that Pachinko won't receive nominations from major awards. We as LMH fans just have to accept this fact and it's best that we don't have high expectations on this. :)

I really agree to what this Minoz said bellow:

Pachinko is not a K-drama but it's also not really accepted as 'Hollywood' show, it is something on its own. LMH has been a trendsetter since the beginning, so we just need to be happy and support what he chooses, especially Pachinko, as it is a very meaningful work for him. LMH said himself that he's happy and satisfied to see viewers responses to Pachinko.

• Like 4

The Heirs, My First First Love and more: 6 coming of age K-Dramas that will warm your heart

Here are some coming of age K-Dramas to watch. Read ahead to know more.

The Heirs Poster; Picture Courtesy: SBS

Coming of age K-dramas is a genre that focuses on the psychological and moral growth of the protagonist from youth to adulthood. The journey from youth to adulthood is a bittersweet experience for most of us so here is our curated list of dramas :- 

The Heirs 

Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) is the heir to Empire Group who has been sent to study abroad in the U.S. In reality it's a form of exile, as his elder half-brother back home schemes to take over the family business. While in the States, Kim Tan meets Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), who arrived from Korea in search of her older sister. He feels himself falling for her, never realizing that she's the daughter of his family's housekeeper. When his fiancée Rachel Yoo (Kim Ji Won) arrives to bring him back to Korea, his heart is torn between love and duty. When Kim Tan returns to Korea, his former best friend turned enemy Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) begins picking on Eun Sang to irritate Tan. Tension ensues when Young Do also falls in love with Eun Sang, and Kim Tan is forced to choose between his responsibility of pursuing the family business or love.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source ; https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/the-heirs-my-first-first-love-and-more-6-coming-of-age-k-dramas-that-will-warm-your-heart-1203130

• Like 3

JoannaID - thank you for your reply re the big award bodies. I guess we should be thankful that other award bodies like Edinburgh Tv Festival,

Gotham and AFI still award on merit.

Has there been any news about what streamer Ask the Stars will be on.

Willinette you are so knowledgeable about these things- how do some dramas go to Netflix and others to Viki and IQIYI etc. is it based on money offered or on the relationship between the streamer and the originating

channel? 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Has there been any news about what streamer Ask the Stars will be on.

Willinette you are so knowledgeable about these things- how do some dramas go to Netflix and others to Viki and IQIYI etc. is it based on money offered or on the relationship between the streamer and the originating

channel? 

@Lindyloo421  as far as I know, no updates yet what streaming service will be for this upcoming drama. Wait & see.....  It's definitely based on "money" offered. Netflix purchased a great big chunk of their content. They order more K-dramas and other Asian shows because of their popularity. All these streaming platforms entered into licensing/distribution/broadcasting agreements as well as acquired production facilities in South Korea for more Korean content on the channel. These titles may only be available in certain countries or for a limited time. Like Netflix buys shows at a rate of the cost of production plus about 30 percent of production costs, but it retains most of its future licensing rights. This is different from how networks typically license shows, which often only covers 60 to 70 percent of production. Netflix even started producing their own Korean drama and movie originals. For me, NETFLIX is the best for K-dramas but it is a paid platform. So if you want paid subscription then Netflix is good as it gives HD content but if you want free service without HD content then you can choose Viki. To compare Viki and Viu, I'd choose Viki.   :luvarrow:

• Like 2

7 Celebrities Who Continue To Suffer From The Effects Of Serious Permanent Injuries

Some of these idols are lucky to be alive.

3. Lee Min Ho

In 2006, actors Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo were in a major car accident that left the driver of the car and the front seat passenger dead. Lee Min Ho suffered injuries that left him in the hospital for months.

YdeOlNYAfRUXQih5PYT7ZdN_I8FDgX8vs-o-BJvIcIx3WZcqpDj90kLdZeQlrVqa9Eh4lNUuUFVxgeYtZihcH8-6zm5NcMXgCQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

His list of injuries stemming from the accident included fractures in his ribs, thigh, and ankle, and torn knee cartilage. He needed to have a 46cm metal rod put into his thigh. He was also in a coma for a month, and then bedridden for several months afterwards.

Even though he took an entire year off of his acting career due to his injury, because of his busy schedule, he was unable to receive sufficient treatment and still suffers the aftereffects of these injuries to this day. Some of his scars can be visible in his dramas after his recovery.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/7-celebrities-continue-suffer-effects-serious-permanent-injuries/

• Like 3

Gon Hyo Jin and LMH seem to have a good working relationship. :heart:

Trying to get a little convo going...

Why do you think Gong Ryung is sweating?  (i saw this question on Twitter)

-My guess is that there's something wrong with the space ship.  Or maybe he's trying to fix something having to do with the space ship (hence the helmet).  Yeah, you don't need a helmet if you're in the space ship, right?  I know that space suit is bulky, but there must be some ventilation so you wouldn't sweat, right?  Ok, I'm babbling, so let's your ideas!

• Like 3

cr: 郑三三-工作室

Lee Minho! so excited! I was revising papers at school until eleven o'clock, and I saw Lee Min Ho filming in our school! ! In the end, we were less than one meter away, smiling at each other!

South Korea

(Gachon University Global Campus)

spacer.png

• Like 4