Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

More wonderful news. Pachinko has won an award at the C21 International Drama awards. To quote “the awards recognise the best in global

scripted creativity through one of the most highly regarded awards shows in the business” Pachinko got it for best non-English language drama.

Isn’t it fantastic?!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

5 Korean actors with outstanding successes in 2022, known for visuals that age like fine wine

2022 introduces fans to a lot of successful K-dramas and movies, and below are some notable actors with outstanding works within this year. 

Lee Min Ho

If Hyun Bin made an outstanding return on the big screen, then Lee Min Ho achieved a big breakthrough on the small screen via his role of Koh Han Su in “Pachinko”. The series ended up receiving huge critical acclaim and well-deserved awards at prestigious award ceremonies. 

In addition, it was known that to secure the role of Koh Han Su, Lee Min Ho had to audition for the first time in 13 years. The actor has been receiving casting offers instead of seeking out opportunities and auditioning since the success of “Boys Over Flowers”.

In “Pachinko”, Lee Min Ho transformed into a cunning businessman with a dark past. He is a great lover and flirt, but never put love over his ambitions. 

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source  :https://kbizoom.com/5-korean-actors-with-outstanding-successes-in-2022-known-for-visuals-that-age-like-fine-wine/ 

• Like 4

Does anyone know what injury LMH suffered when he was young (5th grade?) that cause him to abandon his dream of becoming a soccer player?  I'm watching the World Cup although I know very little about soccer and I began to wonder about his injury.  My guess would be something with his legs.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Does anyone know what injury LMH suffered when he was young (5th grade?) that cause him to abandon his dream of becoming a soccer player?  I'm watching the World Cup although I know very little about soccer and I began to wonder about his injury.  My guess would be something with his legs.  

@CarolynH he broke his arm in a match in the fifth grade of elementary school. You see, when it comes to injuries, especially during sports, the old days of "just suck it up" or "play through the pain" are over. Doctors, trainers, and most coaches know that playing through a sports injury can cause damage that keeps you on the bench longer. Playing through an injury may even end your sports career entirely. Continuing to play if you have an injury can make that injury worse. A small stress fracture that might have healed quickly can grow into a more serious, more painful fracture that will take longer to heal. In addition to worsening an existing injury, playing when you're already injured means you also can get hurt someplace else. That's because you may be playing in a way that's not natural for your body — it protects the injured area but puts other areas at risk.  So, I guess this is the reason for him to abandon his dream.   :bawling:

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, willenette said:

@CarolynH he broke his arm in a match in the fifth grade of elementary school. You see, when it comes to injuries, especially during sports, the old days of "just suck it up" or "play through the pain" are over. Doctors, trainers, and most coaches know that playing through a sports injury can cause damage that keeps you on the bench longer. Playing through an injury may even end your sports career entirely. Continuing to play if you have an injury can make that injury worse. A small stress fracture that might have healed quickly can grow into a more serious, more painful fracture that will take longer to heal. In addition to worsening an existing injury, playing when you're already injured means you also can get hurt someplace else. That's because you may be playing in a way that's not natural for your body — it protects the injured area but puts other areas at risk.  So, I guess this is the reason for him to abandon his dream.   :bawling:

Thanks @willenette!  Now that I think about it, I asked this question before!  Maybe the last time the World Cup was played.  

My guess for the next IG is just before Christmas or New Years.

• Like 1

*** Yesterday, December 6 local time, the Critics Choice Association revealed the nominees for the 28th Critics Choice Awards. "Pachinko" was nominated for the Best Foreign Language Series category. The Critics' Choice Movie Awards is an awards show presented annually by the American-Canadian Critics Choice Association to honor the finest in cinematic  The event will take place on January 15 (local time) in Los Angeles at the Fairmont Century

Plaza Hotel. Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Pachinko”!   :popcornjackson:

202212071057131797_d_20221207105902795.jpg?type=w540

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=052&aid=0001822780

• Like 4

Two Korean dramas nominated for Critics Choice Awards

Main poster for "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" [ENA]

Main poster for "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" [ENA]

Two Korean-language dramas, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" and "Pachinko," have been nominated as best foreign language series for this year's Critics Choice Awards.

According to the nominations announced by the Critics Choice Association on Monday local time, Korean legal drama "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," aired on local cable channel ENA and available on Netflix, and Apple TV+ original series "Pachinko" were listed in the TV category, along with seven other series.

"Woo" revolves around a lawyer named Woo Young-woo (Park Eun-bin), who is brilliant with an outstanding memory but lacks social skills and empathy due to being on the autism spectrum.

Main poster for "Pachinko" [APPLE TV]

Main poster for "Pachinko" [APPLE TV]

"Pachinko," based on the 2017 bestselling novel by Korean-American author Lee Min-jin, is a sprawling, multilingual epic that examines four generations of a Korean family during the Japanese occupation of Korea and the subsequent racism that followed.

Winners will be announced at the 28th Critics Choice Awards gala in Los Angeles on Jan. 15.

Last year, Netflix sensation "Squid Game" won the best non-English language TV series to become the first Korean show to receive the prize given by a group of 500 film and TV broadcast critics in North America. Its lead actor Lee Jung-jae won the best actor award in a drama series.

credit Yonhap/ JoongAngDaily

• Like 4

Willenette’s  reply about Minho’s football injury made me think what a

challenging life he has had. That injury meant  one big dream was lost and then in 2006 just when he was embarking on an acting career he was in that dreadful car accident which killed two of his friends and badly injured him and his best friend Jung il-woo. He must have been in despair. And then just three years later his life turned around with BOF. Talk about a rollercoaster.

Isn’t it great that Pachinko is being nominated for awards- it’s seems like there is a new one each week. Fingers crossed for the Golden Globes- which  I think is in the New Year.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

challenging life he has had. That injury meant  one big dream was lost and then in 2006 just when he was embarking on an acting career he was in that dreadful car accident which killed two of his friends and badly injured him and his best friend Jung il-woo. He must have been in despair. And then just three years later his life turned around with BOF. Talk about a rollercoaster.

Isn’t it great that Pachinko is being nominated for awards- it’s seems like there is a new one each week. Fingers crossed for the Golden Globes- which  I think is in the New Year.

@Lindyloo421 yes, it's set on January 10 next year. The winners will be handed out live on NBC and Peacock.   :Ohboy3:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

10 Famous Romance K-Dramas Which Have A Thai Drama Adaptation

The popularity of Thai dramas has been rising worldwide for the past few years, and not only with its BL dramas which are loved by many across the globe. One of the reasons for an increase in interest could be that Thailand is adapting legendary dramas from different countries and including many K-Dramas.

Early this year, the Thai adaptation of "Hana Yori Dango" ("Boys Over Flowers" for the Korean adaptation) into "F4 Thailand: Boys Over Flowers" gathered a lot of interest and views on YouTube. The first part of the first episode reaching over 14M views (07/12/2022 data), and actors of the series are gaining millions of followers on Instagram.

For those new to Thai dramas and want to try them, it has a lot of its content that can be watched legally and fully subtitled on YouTube or your usual OTT (Netflix, Viki, etc).

Note: K-Dramas adapted from other countries are also included.

9. "Hana Yori Dango" (2005) -> "Boys Over Flowers" (2009) -> "F4 Thailand: Boys Over Flowers" (2021)

10 Famous Romance K-Dramas Which Have A Thai Drama Adaptation

KBS / GMM25

Based on the Japanese manga "Hana Yori Dango", the story of the handsome and elite boys F4 and the poor girl attending their rich school has been made into several adaptations. One of the famous adaptations was the Korean one in 2009 starring Gu HyeSeon, Lee MinHo, Kim HyunJoong, Kim Beom, and Kim Joon. The 2021-2022 Thai version made waves online. It is acted by Tu, Bright, Dew, Win, and Nani.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-famous-romance-kdramas-which-have-a-thai-drama-adaptation/

• Like 1

Top 10 K-Drama OSTs Of 2022

best-kdrama-ost-2022.png

2022 is almost coming to a close, which means now is the perfect time to look back at the year in review. When it comes to K-Dramas, the industry has seen unprecedented success this year, with several international accolades and awards coming its way. One of the most crucial contributors to a K-Drama's immersion is the OST.

A colossal amount of hard work goes into creating the perfect OST.

Of course, that includes the featuring artists, their interpretation of the emotions the OST is trying to convey, the lyrics of the songs, the genre, style, and flair, but also the music editing, production value, composition, music direction, mixing, arrangement and so on and so forth.

Each song on an OST has a very unique purpose, and the fulfillment of the drama's intention is hinged on the same. Even the slightest misplaced tune can drastically change the narrative. At the same time, the coherence of the complete OST is what evokes the essence of the drama. You might have one or two songs stuck in your head, but what truly brings out the ethos of the story is the unity of it all.

After all, when it comes to soundtracks, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

With that said, let's celebrate some of the best OSTs of 2022 with due appreciation for all the artists who worked hard on the same and discuss what makes them so special.

Here are the top 10 best K-Drama OSTs of 2022!

1. "Pachinko"

Top 10 K-Drama OSTs Of 2022

Apple TV+

Contributing Artists: Nico Muhly, The Grass Roots, Talking Heads, BaBe, Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, Luamel, Tetsuji Hayashi, Dieter Reith, Andrea Monorchio & Gun Kawamura, OXZ, Shep Fields And His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra, Hibiki Kaoru, LEENALCHI, Dan Mangan. 

Prevalent Mood: Fated change, Overwhelming emotion, Timelessness, Joie de vie.

Rank Rationale: "Pachinko" is easily one of the greatest dramas of 2022 and, inarguably, will remain legendary for years down the line. This historical saga of love and loss, betrayal, and belonging is told with the help of the most poignant soundtrack that posits an immeasurable joy against the backdrop of endless struggle and crisis. It stands for the bliss and pain of survival, often both at the same time, and helps to forge a deep connection with the characters and perhaps even the viewer's own life. It is irreplaceable and magnificent, to say the least, and undoubtedly deserves the top spot.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-kdrama-osts-of-2022/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I think I'd take the subway every day :joy:

@CarolynH  hahaha - But, you know, there are some K-celebrities however are still spotted using public transportation like subways once in a while like ordinary citizens, Park Bo Gum is one. G-Dragon has a Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce and Bentley but still rides the train. Although, most famous celebrities have their own cars or are provided vehicles by their

companies when they need to get around, they still ride on subways.   :rubchin: 

On 12/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

@Lindyloo421  expectations are high that "Pachinko" will be able to receive recognition on the world stage again for the 28th Critics' Choice Awards.   :kaching1: