Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Apple TV+ Series ‘Pachinko’ Season 2 Complete Filming Schedule Revealed [Exclusive]

The complete filming schedule for the second season of Apple TV+ Drama ‘Pachinko’ has been officially revealed. Just like the first, Season 2 production will also take place in two different locations, but instead of Vancouver, it will be Toronto, Canada, and instead of Busan, South Korea, it is Japan.

‘Pachinko’ Season 2 will begin filming on January 9th in Mississauga, Toronto and after almost three months it will wrap the Canada shoot on March 27, 2023. The Japanese shoot is expected to begin on March 27th, which will wrap on June 16, 2023.

The first season of Pachinko premiered on Apple TV+ on March 25 of this year and was renewed a month later for a second season. The multi-language series has received stellar ratings from both the critics and the audience. It has a 98% critics score and a 94% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

https://moviesr.net/p-apple-tv-series-pachinko-season-2-complete-filming-schedule-revealed

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. The S1 is not an easy-watch but, a worthwhile one. For me, the one episode that actually stands out is the best happens to be episode 7, which is a chapter that explore more of Hansu’s back-story. And among the many smart choices in “Pachinko”, is its joyful opening credit sequence where each of the major actors dances down the aisle. I have read the book so, sometimes while watching it I was distracted by several structural changes. The TV “Pachinko’s story moves on multiple time tracks, moving constantly between past and present, and

large chunks of story have been added. :wut:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Thank you for the post about filming schedules Syntyche - looks like we have a long wait to see him in either drama. 

Re the amount he gets for Instagram -so if he posts and includes Boss or Fendi or Cuckoo etc ( all the ones he is ambassador for) he gets paid that amount each time? Wow it just shows how much influence and fame he now has. Good for him! 

I am so pleased his Ask the stars co-star got married- it means we won’t get years of Tweets, YouTube etc about him dating her!

I bet his fans in Vancouver are disappointed Pachinko filming has been moved to Toronto. They posted so many great pictures and videos last year.

Hope everyone has a great weekend 

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

I decided to rewatch Vincenzo this week and was surprised to find it had been dubbed into English. It definitely wasn’t dubbed when it first came out. 
I wonder if Netflix are going to do this to more popular dramas, especially as Squid Games was dubbed from the start which probably  helped its popularity.
I don’t like the thought of TKEM being dubbed as LMH has such a nice voice. What do the rest of you think?  Willenette you are always really knowledgeable about the Kdrama world- do you think dubbing into English is  going to happen more and more? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I decided to rewatch Vincenzo this week and was surprised to find it had been dubbed into English. It definitely wasn’t dubbed when it first came out. 
I wonder if Netflix are going to do this to more popular dramas, especially as Squid Games was dubbed from the start which probably  helped its popularity.
I don’t like the thought of TKEM being dubbed as LMH has such a nice voice. What do the rest of you think?  Willenette you are always really knowledgeable about the Kdrama world- do you think dubbing into English is  going to happen more and more? 

@Lindyloo421  Netflix has indeed helped K-dramas taken the world by storm. Now, it's a choice between subtitles vs dubbing. I remember Hwang Dong-hyuk, who is the creator of Squid Game was interviewed by Good Morning America. He told fans to watch the series with subtitles, not dubbed.  The reason, he said, was that it was best enjoyed with the original actors’ voices. I guess some agreed… and some did not!  The same debate also came up after the film Parasite won an Oscar for Best Picture. There are many reasons why people might prefer movie/drama subtitles vs dubbing. In the end, it is really about personal preference. Dubbing can be distracting. First of all, the voices of the original actors are often replaced with voices that are not as well-known or familiar. This can make  difficult for audiences/viewers to connect with characters. Additionally, if dubbing is not done professionally, the lip-syncing can be inaccurate – causing further disconnection. Dubbing removes all of the actor’s original expressions and intonation, which can change the entire meaning of a line or scene. While subtitles allow us to read along with the movie/drama, which can help us to follow the plot more easily. For me, I prefer subtitles. :sweet:

The use of English on Korean TV 'is growing because of the increasingly cosmopolitan story settings'. This can be seen in Korean dramas in which the story is partially set in an English-speaking country and/or involves English-speaking foreigners, itself a growing trend in Korea. And there are so many voice overs on Netflix because they push to expand international programming where I guess they believe that dubbing helps make more of their shows and films accessible to viewers who do not like to or can't read subtitles. Well, aside from Vincenzo as you said, The Sound of Magic & Kingdom were also dubbed in English. I think this will going to happen more & more. You see, Netflix likes it dubbed. For one “dubbing material into English immediately increases the sales potential of the product”.  

:popcornjackson:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I don't like it dubbed.  Remember LMH's voice was dubbed in Bounty Hunters?  

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Willenette thank you for your response about dubbing. I agree with you and 
CarolynH - I don’t like dubbing either.  I had forgotten about Bounty Hunter. After five years of watching Korean and occasionally Chinese dramas I have got so used to reading subtitles - although sometimes they go by a bit too fast.

Some people are so witty- that tweet about Wi-Fi and LMH’s head was so funny.

• Like 4

On 10/25/2022 at 10:31 AM, CarolynH said:

Yikes!  The price of everything is rising.  I read that Apple TV+ is raising the monthly price from 4.99 to 6.99!

@CarolynH  you're right - for the 1st time. While the annual plan will jump from 49 per yer to 69 per year. Apple said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter that they introduced Apple TV+ at a very low price because they started with just a few shows and movies.   :kaching3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min-ho will meet viewers of the small screen in the first half of next year.  

Lee Min-ho, who showed off his acting skills as well as his global box office power through "Pachinko," will return with tvN's drama "Ask the Stars."

He will work with Gong Hyo-jin in a full-fledged "space romantic comedy" genre that travels between the space station and the Earth.

The drama is known to have a production preparation period of five years and a production cost of 50 billion won, drawing keen attention.

It was directed by Seo Sook-hyang, a master of romantic comedy such as the drama "Pasta" and "Jealousy Incarnate," and directed by Park Shin-woo, who proved his skills through "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" and "Lovestruck in the City." Filming began in April with the goal of simultaneous on-air for global OTT.

Lee Min-ho plays the role of "Gong Ryeong," a missionary obstetrician and gynecologist who leaves for the space station as a space tourist in the play. K-drama fans around the world as well as domestic fans are looking forward to what kind of fateful meeting they will draw against the new background of the universe.

Above all, attention is being paid to whether Lee Min-ho, the No. 1 global Korean Wave influencer, will be able to make this his life work, who received hot reviews from foreign media with "The Heirs," "The King: The Eternal Monarch," and the recently released Apple TV+ original "Pachinko."

https://m.mk.co.kr/star/headline/view/2022/10/946630/

• Like 7

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Pachinko” And Kim Min Ha Earn Nominations For The 2022 Gotham Awards

“Pachinko” has been nominated for this year’s Gotham Independent Film Awards!

On October 25 local time, the 32nd annual Gotham Awards announced the nominees for this year and “Pachinko” has earned two nominations.

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name by MIn Jin Lee, “Pachinko” is a multi-generational saga of war and peace, love and separation, and victory and judgment that spans Korea, Japan, and the United States. The star-studded cast includes Youn Yuh JungLee Min HoKim Min Ha, and more. Earlier this year, the series was confirmed for a second season.

“Pachinko” has been nominated for Breakthrough Series – Long Form (over 40 minutes). The show’s star Kim Min Ha has also snagged a nomination for Outstanding Performance in a New Series.

“Pachinko” will be going up against “Severance,” “Station Eleven,” “This is Going to Hurt,” and “Yellowjackets.” Last year, the Gotham Awards eliminated gendered acting awards for the first time, so Kim Min Ha is nominated alongside both male and female actors. She is up against Bilal Baig (“Sort Of”), Ayo Edebiri (“The Bear”), Janelle James (“Abbott Elementary”), Matilda Lawler (“Station Eleven”), Britt Lower (“Severance”), Melanie Lynskey (“Yellowjackets”), Zahn McClarnon (“Dark Winds”), Sue Ann Pien (“As We See It”), and Ben Whishaw (“This is Going to Hurt”).

Last year, “Squid Game” made history as the first Korean drama to win at the Gotham Awards after being awarded for Breakthrough Series – Over 40 Minutes.

The 32nd annual Gotham Independent Film Awards will be held in New York City on November 28 at 7 p.m. local time. Check out the full list of nominees here!

“Pachinko” And Kim Min Ha Earn Nominations For The 2022 Gotham Awards | Soompi

• Like 7

10 K-Drama Stars Who Take Risks To Perform Their Own Stunts

Some have suffered injuries for bravely doing their own stunts.

K-Drama stars will inevitably encounter risky scenes to shoot, for which they may need a stunt double to avoid getting hurt or injured. However, some actors and actresses choose to do the actions themselves to maintain the scene’s credibility despite the risks of injuries.

Here are ten actors and actresses who bravely do their own stunts and diligently prepared for their risky scenes. Some have even succumbed to injuries as a result of their actions.

3. Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho refused to work with a stunt double for his action scenes in City Hunter. He flew over cars, fought with eight stuntmen, and succumbed to a few injuries. City Hunter’s martial arts director Yang Kil Young was all praises for him.

While Lee Min Ho’s tall height is a disadvantage for stunts, his agility and reflexes help him create superb action scenes. Additionally, he puts in a lot of effort and does not spare himself. Working with him was a rewarding experience, and I enjoyed it.

—Yang Kil Young

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo
https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-k-drama-stars-take-risks-perform-stunts/

• Like 4

On 10/28/2022 at 8:52 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

“Pachinko” And Kim Min Ha Earn Nominations For The 2022 Gotham Awards

“Pachinko” has been nominated for this year’s Gotham Independent Film Awards!

On October 25 local time, the 32nd annual Gotham Awards announced the nominees for this year and “Pachinko” has earned two nominations.

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name by MIn Jin Lee, “Pachinko” is a multi-generational saga of war and peace, love and separation, and victory and judgment that spans Korea, Japan, and the United States. The star-studded cast includes Youn Yuh JungLee Min HoKim Min Ha, and more. Earlier this year, the series was confirmed for a second season.

“Pachinko” has been nominated for Breakthrough Series – Long Form (over 40 minutes). The show’s star Kim Min Ha has also snagged a nomination for Outstanding Performance in a New Series.

“Pachinko” will be going up against “Severance,” “Station Eleven,” “This is Going to Hurt,” and “Yellowjackets.” Last year, the Gotham Awards eliminated gendered acting awards for the first time, so Kim Min Ha is nominated alongside both male and female actors. She is up against Bilal Baig (“Sort Of”), Ayo Edebiri (“The Bear”), Janelle James (“Abbott Elementary”), Matilda Lawler (“Station Eleven”), Britt Lower (“Severance”), Melanie Lynskey (“Yellowjackets”), Zahn McClarnon (“Dark Winds”), Sue Ann Pien (“As We See It”), and Ben Whishaw (“This is Going to Hurt”).

Last year, “Squid Game” made history as the first Korean drama to win at the Gotham Awards after being awarded for Breakthrough Series – Over 40 Minutes.

The 32nd annual Gotham Independent Film Awards will be held in New York City on November 28 at 7 p.m. local time. Check out the full list of nominees here!

“Pachinko” And Kim Min Ha Earn Nominations For The 2022 Gotham Awards | Soompi

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. The Gotham Awards is held every year in New York, sponsored by the Independent Filmer Project (IFP) and is the largest independent film support organization in the United States.   :heart2:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. The Gotham Awards is held every year in New York, sponsored by the Independent Filmer Project (IFP) and is the largest independent film support organization in the United States.   

Your welcome @willenette :), Yeah that is cool.

• Like 2

*** Lee Min-ho offered his condolences to those who died in the Itaewon crowd crush in Seoul on Oct. 29. Yesterday, Oct. 31st, he took to Twitter to express his condolences to those who died and wish for speedy recovery to the wounded. He said - “We offer our deepest condolences to families and friends of victims in the Itaewon disaster and wish the wounded to recover soon.  MYM  also shares the sorrow during the national mourning period. May the souls of the deceased rest in peace. #PrayForITAEWON.”    :weary:

109878.jpeg

• Like 4

China Sparkling support 02.11.2022

He is very busy filming today. He came out wearing casual sweater and slippers. He shook hands with us and said "Hello" in Chinese.  His face is very small, he looks more like an 18-year-old boy than a 35-year-old man.

He asked us if we were cold and if we needed to put on a coat

FgkF_rQagAYmfj0?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Love 3