Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

11 hours ago, syntyche said:

Congratulations! Pachinko was nominated for Outstanding Main Title Design in the 74th Emmy Awards! 

https://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2022/outstanding-main-title-design

Pretty disappointed that Pachinko, for such masterpiece series which received majority positive reviews from critics only got 1 Emmy nomination :( 

I've been monitoring Twitter and been seeing so many people, both viewers and critics, also expressed their disappointment, even an Academy member who voted for Emmy also speaking up publicly about this:

I think it's unfortunately that Pachinko timing lapsed with Squid Game, a hugely popular non English language show in the US that they couldn't miss, which made it more difficult for Pachinko to get more stage at the Emmys...

I'm still hoping Pachinko Season 2 will have better chances at Emmys and other Western TV Awards, but regardless, nobody can deny that it is a masterpiece!

• Like 7

This is so disappointing. I feel so sorry for everyone who worked on this masterpiece.

Squid Game was dubbed into English so maybe the Emmy voters didn’t like having to read subtitles with Packinko- who knows.
I really like Lee Jung-Jae and hope he wins the lead actor award.

Fingers crossed now for the other awards that have  nominated Packinko.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Emmys Snubs and Surprises: ‘Pachinko,’ ‘Reservation Dogs,’ and More

"Severance" and "Abbott Elementary" broke through in a big way at the 2022 Emmys, while final seasons and returning (former) favorites struggled.

TV Critic
Ben Travers
Jul 12, 2022

Pachinko.jpg?resize=1280,582

Minha Kim and Lee Min-ho in “Pachinko”

Snubs: Best Drama Series
“Pachinko”

Pachinko-Emmys-Snub-2022.jpg?w=1000

An extremely vocal online fanbase paired with rave reviews couldn’t push the Apple TV+ drama series into Emmy favor, as Soo Hugh’s adaptation scored only one nomination: for Main Title Design, which it absolutely deserved. Still, given the success of Apple TV+ with “Severance” and “Ted Lasso,” as well as the way voters embraced subtitles in 2022 with “Squid Game’s” 14 nominations, it’s hard to point to a specific reason “Pachinko” was widely ignored at the Emmys. It could be stiff competition, could be a lack of overall viewership, could be a lot of little reasons that stacked up at the wrong time. But such a widespread dismissal is hard to swallow.

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/emmys-snubs-pachinko-atlanta-surprise-inventing-anna/pachinko-6/

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I feel everyone's disappointment.  I expected a nomination for Pachinko.  I didn't know if it would win, but man, I would have loved to see LMH in a tux.  Personally, I feel that other awards is like a consolation prize, but I did vote for the Gold Derby awards.  Let's vote!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I feel everyone's disappointment.  I expected a nomination for Pachinko.  I didn't know if it would win, but man, I would have loved to see LMH in a tux.  Personally, I feel that other awards is like a consolation prize, but I did vote for the Gold Derby awards.  Let's vote!

Yeah same, I did as well it is not right.

• Like 4

The number of global audiences & critics experts who are so madly disappointed about #Pachinko got unfairly snubbed in Emmys is insane Pachinko remains as the masterpiece series that touches the hearts of so many people.

Lee Min Ho's dramas taking over OTT, knets react

July 13, 2022

South America Netflix Ranking (feat. Boys Over Flowers)

1657723501039206-0.png

The number of countries with the Korean version Boys Over Flowers entering the TOP 10 gradually increased and appeared in Mexico as of yesterday

Netflix TOP 10 (June 24)

Bolivia 2nd
Peru 3rd
Ecuador 3rd
Chile 4th
Salvador 8th
Guatemala 9th
Dominican Republic 7
Honduras ranked 9th,
Mexico 9th place

Comments:

-I really like foreign girls. When foreign girls start BOF, they turn into a Lee Min Ho fan and it's over.

- Is it because Lee Min Ho is popular?

- It's fun, I can understand why it's popular.

- BOF first hit the big hit in Korea and got the Gu Jun-pyo syndrome. After that, Lee Min-ho's Hallyu wave started to explode. Even now, Lee Min-ho is so popular that many people who are interested in Hallyu abroad say that he starts hallyu syndrome as a Flower Boy.

- They must be like it.

- Wow, that's great. Lee Min Ho's popularity is also great hahaha.

- Every OST is addictive hahahaha.

'The Heirs' made it to number 9 on the HBO World chart

Public comment saying that Lee Min-ho is the guarantor and God haha

1657723497906957-1.png

Comments:

- The whole world will see Do I Like You?

- Wow, I watched the video of the heirs on YouTube yesterday too, so fun haha.

- Wow heirs are still hot

- The heirs are fun, I'll watch it again often hahaha

- Lee Min-ho's dramas resurrecting like a zombie abroad is so funny.

- This is Lee Min Ho.

- Heirs, BOF were so fun, everyone see it a lot.

- Hahaha It's a drama that's almost 10 years old

- But the heirs are fun, so I see it every year hahaha

- Really, Lee Min Ho is amazing. HBO industry admits it. BOF and Heirs are hot.

- That's why Lee Min-ho has a strong Hallyu wave. Heirs to BOF is famous.

- Honestly, it's better than most foreign teens.

- Do i like you.

- Wow, daebak Lee Min-ho is amazing.

- Lee Min Ho's dramas keep resurrecting like zombies.

- I look for it sometimes too lol Lee Min-ho is amazing

- Lee Min-ho doesn't have to worry about his fans for the rest of his life. He'll get new fans every day.

- Wow, Lee Min-ho is great. Heirs was so fun haha. Seing it a lot

- The heirs are well made and it’s fun to look for them sometimes ㅋㅋ

- Lee Min-ho is amazing, really.

- Lee Min-ho is so popular.

- But it's really fun hahaha

- Honestly fun.

- Lee Min-ho's power hahahaha

- It's so fun I watch it several times.

- I really enjoyed it.

- Kim Tan, the man of my life ㅠ

- The HBO public comments are raging with Lee Min-ho these days in South America.

- Honestly, it's fun.

- Lee Min-ho is great.

- Lee Min-ho is the guarantor and God hahaha

- Lee Min-ho is really cool.

- It was fun hehe Even though it was a drama 10 years ago, it doesn't look old-fashioned now. Lee Min-ho is great.

- Minho did a great job.

https://leeminhotrends.blogspot.com/2022/07/lee-min-hos-dramas-taking-over-ott.html

• Like 7

The No.1 Most Buzzworthy Korean Drama Actors Year 2020-2022

In this article, we have listed 40+ Korean actors who topped the list or took no.1 in the Most Buzzworthy Drama Actors from year 2020 to 2022. The ranking is determined by Good Data Corporation, a Korean research organization that specializes in the analysis on what is most buzzworthy Korean dramas and drama actors of the week. The data is collected from social networking services, online news, blogs, videos, as well as community group reactions and media mentions.

The following stars also took first place in the list of Most Buzzworthy Drama Actors 2020-2022, in alphabetical order:

Lee Minho: #1 Most Buzzworthy Drama Actor for The King Eternal Monarch in the 1st and 2nd week of June 2020.

https://korean-binge.com/2022/07/13/the-no-1-most-buzzworthy-korean-drama-actors-year-2020-2022/

• Like 8

img-0784-1657808294.jpg?crop=0.502xw:0.9

Park Seo Joon Ahn Lee Min Ho!  The Seven Handsome Actors Known as the Tenno of the Fourth Korean Wave > Subscription: Who are the Tenno of the Fourth Korean Wave?

As the Netflix-produced Korean drama became a big hit during Corona Whirlpool's stay at home, it became popular in K-POP, Korean gastronomy, cosmetics, fashion, etc. wave boom.

If you think about it, the first Korean wave boom was around 2004 when "Winter Sonata" caused a big boom.  At that time, Bae Yong-jun, nicknamed "Yong-sama", Jang Dong-gun, Lee Byung-hun, and Won Bin were known as "Hanryu Shitenno" and dominated the world.  Now that the number of young and male fans of the Korean wave has increased since then, who are these four heavenly kings who represent the boom of the 4th Korean wave?  This time we will choose seven popular actors who are called "Shinhanryu Shitenno"...

Lee Min Ho

lee-min-ho-attends-the-red-carpet-event-

Lee Min Ho, including a break from "Boys Over Flowers", has created numerous works such as "City Hunter", "Heirs" and "Legend of the Blue Sea".  Lee Min Ho's "New Hanryu Four Tenno", which became a hit, is not to be missed!  From a handsome, clear-nosed image in his early twenties, he has grown into a talented actor who competes in acting ability.  He is also a "kissing master" like Park Seo Joon.  The scene of a male kiss always excites me on the screen!

ザ・キング: 永遠の君主 | 公式予告編 |  Netflix

Featured Feature: Starring Kim Go Eun, which became a hot topic in "The King: Eternal Sovereign" and "Dokkebi," this feature is a fantasy love story with a parallel theme.  World.  Lee Min Ho plays an emperor who came to modern Korea from a parallel world.  A noble image suits him perfectly.  There is also a breathtaking love scene in the play where Kim Go Eun kisses his neck!

Translation from Japanese google

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/jp/celebrity/celebrity-buzz/g40355468/korea-drama-king-220715-hb/

• Like 3

We never got to this poll that I had in mind, so I have to ask @syntyche to disclose your favorite LMH drama.  I remember you hadn't seen many LMH dramas when we were doing the rewatch.  I meant to ask, at the end of the rewatch, which one is your favorite.  I'm guessing either TKEM or LOTBS.  Am I correct?

• Like 3

On 7/17/2022 at 9:06 AM, CarolynH said:

We never got to this poll that I had in mind, so I have to ask @syntyche to disclose your favorite LMH drama.  I remember you hadn't seen many LMH dramas when we were doing the rewatch.  I meant to ask, at the end of the rewatch, which one is your favorite.  I'm guessing either TKEM or LOTBS.  Am I correct?

Apparently I have different taste, after watching all LMH dramas several times, my favourite now is Pachinko and Personal Taste, LOL. I loved him in romcom, so happy that we will have Ask The Star soon! :partyblob:

While Pachinko, him as Hansu was just iconic and legendary, with Hansu he proved that he has range to play unconventional type of characters too. I wish he will also do more 'dark type of roles' like this again! 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

If you look at the recruitment of extras-specialty assistants, hospitals, doctors, nurses, mothers, nurses, paramedics, taxi drivers, emergency room patients, etc. The recruitment of hospital-related people continues to be frequent recently. On the day of the shooting, when many executives in their 40s and 50s were recruited, three paramedics were also recruited, so for some reason, executives or representatives of MZ Group?

I don't know how much the weight of the gynaecologist teacher and space tourist Gong Ryong will come out, but I'm looking forward to seeing more hospitals.
Since there are so many variables and unpredictable situations, I think Minho will show off his coolness in an urgent and tense emergency. I don't know what month the program will be released, but I hope teacher Gong Ryong comes soon

https://m.dcinside.com/board/minho/710850

On 7/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, CarolynH said:

Haha @CarolynH that question is so random. Well, he's excellent in all his works. And I like to see him in various genres to flex those acting muscles. :) But my go-to drama is LOTBS. I lost count on the times I've watched it. 

• Like 6

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2022-aafca-tv-awards-winners-1235181780/

Abbott Elementary,’ ‘Ozark’ Top AAFCA TV Awards (Exclusive)

The African American Film Critics Association has announced the main competition winners for its 4th annual AAFCA TV Honors, which will be presented at an in-person luncheon on Aug. 20 at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles.

The winners of the AAFCA TV Honors, which recognize outstanding achievements in television and streaming, are chosen by a jury of select members and were announced on Monday.

“We are deeply honored and proud to celebrate the excellence from the creative community at this year’s AAFCA TV Honors,” said AAFCA co-founder and president Gil Robertson in a statement. “The medium of television and streaming is ever-changing and we look forward to bringing everyone together to celebrate the incredible art that has made this year in entertainment so exciting.”

The full list of winners follows:

BEST TV COMEDY – Abbott Elementary (ABC)
BEST TV DRAMA – Ozark (Netflix)
BEST NEW SHOW – Bel-Air (Peacock)
BEST DOCUMENTARY – Black and Missing (HBO)
BEST LIMITED SERIES/SPECIAL – Women of the Movement (ABC)

BEST INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTION – Pachinko (Apple TV+)

BREAKOUT STAR – Quinta Brunson
BEST ENSEMBLE – Swagger (Apple TV+) & Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty (HBO)
BEST WRITING – A Black Lady Sketch Show (HBO)
BEST TV DIRECTING – Salli Richardson, The Gilded Age (HBO)
BEST TV ACTING (Female) – Patina Miller, Power Book III: Raising Kanan (Starz)
BEST TV ACTING (Male) – Courtney B. Vance, 61st Street (AMC)
IMPACT AWARD – Insecure (HBO)

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

23 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Apparently I have different taste, after watching all LMH dramas several times, my favourite now is Pachinko and Personal Taste, LOL. I loved him in romcom, so happy that we will have Ask The Star soon! :partyblob:

While Pachinko, him as Hansu was just iconic and legendary, with Hansu he proved that he has range to play unconventional type of characters too. I wish he will also do more 'dark type of roles' like this again! 

One of the few who have PT at the top of their list.  Anyone else now have Pachinko that the top of their list of favorite LMH dramas?  If so, what did it replace?

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

Haha @CarolynH that question is so random. Well, he's excellent in all his works. And I like to see him in various genres to flex those acting muscles. :) But my go-to drama is LOTBS. I lost count on the times I've watched it. 

KDR really must have made an impression on you!  Is KDR your favorite LMH character?

4 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2022-aafca-tv-awards-winners-1235181780/

Abbott Elementary,’ ‘Ozark’ Top AAFCA TV Awards (Exclusive)

The African American Film Critics Association has announced the main competition winners for its 4th annual AAFCA TV Honors, which will be presented at an in-person luncheon on Aug. 20 at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles.

The winners of the AAFCA TV Honors, which recognize outstanding achievements in television and streaming, are chosen by a jury of select members and were announced on Monday.

“We are deeply honored and proud to celebrate the excellence from the creative community at this year’s AAFCA TV Honors,” said AAFCA co-founder and president Gil Robertson in a statement. “The medium of television and streaming is ever-changing and we look forward to bringing everyone together to celebrate the incredible art that has made this year in entertainment so exciting.”

The full list of winners follows:

BEST TV COMEDY – Abbott Elementary (ABC)
BEST TV DRAMA – Ozark (Netflix)
BEST NEW SHOW – Bel-Air (Peacock)
BEST DOCUMENTARY – Black and Missing (HBO)
BEST LIMITED SERIES/SPECIAL – Women of the Movement (ABC)

BEST INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTION – Pachinko (Apple TV+)

BREAKOUT STAR – Quinta Brunson
BEST ENSEMBLE – Swagger (Apple TV+) & Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty (HBO)
BEST WRITING – A Black Lady Sketch Show (HBO)
BEST TV DIRECTING – Salli Richardson, The Gilded Age (HBO)
BEST TV ACTING (Female) – Patina Miller, Power Book III: Raising Kanan (Starz)
BEST TV ACTING (Male) – Courtney B. Vance, 61st Street (AMC)
IMPACT AWARD – Insecure (HBO)

Thanks @Kris Silva.  Initially, I kept looking at the list wondering why you posted it.  I slowly went up and down the list (several times!)--finally, I saw the reason in bold letters lol :hwaiting2:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

There was filming at the hospital.

Lee Minho and Gong Hyojin are the main characters. Lee Minho came that day. 

I didn't see Lee Minho, but I saw the other members. 

I saw Kim Eung-soo for an hour. But it took more than 2 hours to shoot one scene

https://m.blog.naver.com/erln30/222819060365

@Carolynh, I love KDR!

• Like 5