Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Hansu, we finally meet!

Only brief scenes but I'm already drawn into him! :wub:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Apple TV+ releases trailer for the highly anticipated series “Pachinko,” starring Academy Award winner Youn Yuh Jung and multi-hyphenate sensation Lee Minho, ahead of its March 25 global premiere

spacer.png

“Pachinko” premieres globally March 25, 2022 on Apple TV+.

Today Apple TV+ unveiled the trailer for “Pachinko,” its highly anticipated, sweeping drama series told across three languages – Korean, Japanese, and English. Epic in scope and intimate in tone, the story begins with a forbidden love and crescendos into a saga that journeys between Korea, Japan and America to tell an unforgettable story of war and peace, love and loss, triumph and reckoning. The series will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on March 25, 2022 with the first three episodes followed by new weekly installments each Friday during its eight-episode season through April 29, 2022. The series is based on the acclaimed New York Times bestselling novel by the same name and is created by Soo Hugh.

Apple TV+ today debuted the trailer for “Pachinko.”

Filled with universal themes of family, love, triumph, fate and resilience, the series chronicles the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family across four generations as they leave their homeland in an indomitable quest to survive and thrive. Starting in South Korea in the early 1900s, the story is told through the eyes of a remarkable matriarch, Sunja, who triumphs against all odds. It juxtaposes her story with that of her grandson, Solomon, in the 1980s.

“Pachinko” is written and executive produced by Soo Hugh (“The Terror,” “The Killing”), who created the series and serves as showrunner. Kogonada and Justin Chon are executive producers and directed four episodes each, with Kogonada directing the pilot. Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer executive produce for Media Res; Theresa Kang-Lowe executive produces for Blue Marble Pictures; and Richard Middleton also executive produces. Media Res’ Dani Gorin co-executive produces along with David Kim and Sebastian Lee.

The series stars Academy Award-winning actress Youn Yuh Jung as older Sunja; Lee Minho as Hansu; Jin Ha as Solomon; Minha Kim as teenage Sunja; Anna Sawai as Naomi; Jung Eun-chae as young Kyunghee; Inji Jeong as Yangjin; Jimmi Simpson as Tom Andrews; Junwoo Han as Yoseb; Kaho Minami as Etsuko; Steve Sanghyun Noh as Isak; Soji Arai as Mozasu; and, Yu-na Jeon as young Sunja.

https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/news/2022/02/apple-tv-releases-trailer-for-the-highly-anticipated-series-pachinko-starring-academy-award-winner-youn-yuh-jung-and-multi-hyphenate-sensation-lee-minho-ahead-of-its-march-25-global-premiere/

'Pachinko': Watch the Gripping Trailer for Apple TV Plus' Ambitious Adaptation

The first trailer for Apple TV+'s ambitious adaptation, Pachinko, is here.

Based on the 2017 best-selling novel by Min Jin Lee, the eight-episode, multilingual series launches Friday, March 25 with the first three episodes, while subsequent episodes drop weekly. Told in Korean, Japanese and English, the drama is told in two timelines -- beginning in South Korea in the early 1900s, where the tale begins with matriarch Sunja, who triumphs against all odds, and that of the 1980s, which centers around her grandson, Solomon.

Oscar winner Youn Yuh-jung (Minari) plays older Sunja and leads the ensemble cast, which includes Lee Min-ho as Hansu, Jin Ha as Solomon, Minha Kim as teenage Sunja, ANna Sawai as Naomi, Eunchae Jung as young Kyunghee, Inji Jeong as Yangjin, Jimmi Simpson as Tom Andrews, Junwoo Han as Yoseb, Kaho Minami as Etsuko, Steve Sanghyun Noh as Isak, Soji Arai as Mozasu and Yu-na Jeon as young Sunja. The series is written and executive produced by creator Soo Hugh.

The two-minute trailer sets the tone for the gripping, expansive generations-spanning drama, which promises to bring to life Lee's captivating novel. The series chronicles the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family across four generations as they leave their homeland in an indomitable quest to survive and thrive.

Pachinko premieres Friday, March 25 with the first three episodes. Subsequent episodes will drop weekly.

https://www.etonline.com/pachinko-watch-the-gripping-trailer-for-apple-tv-plus-ambitious-adaptation-179769

‘Pachinko’ Trailer: Youn Yuh-Jung, Minha Kim & Lee Min-ho Embody Min Jin Lee’s Multigenerational Drama

Apple TV+ has unveiled the first footage of its upcoming drama Pachinko, based on the multigenerational novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee.

Set to premiere on March 25, Pachinko is written and executive produced by Soo Hugh (The Terror), who also serves as showrunner and created the vision for the series. The upcoming drama chronicles the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. Epic in scope, intimate in tone, the story begins with a forbidden love and crescendos into a sweeping saga that journeys between Korea, Japan and America to tell the unforgettable story of war and peace, love and loss, triumph and reckoning. The series will be told in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English.

In the trailer, fans get glimpses at the novel’s protagonist Sunja portrayed both by Youn Yuh-Jung and Minha Kim. The clip also teases Lee Min-ho’s Koh Hansu and Jin Ha’s Solomon.

The series also features Soji Ara, Inji Jeong, Kaho Minami, Steve Sanghyun Noh, Anna Sawai, Junwoo Han, Eun Chae Jung, Jimmi Simpson and Yu-na Jeon.

Pachinko will premiere with three episodes, followed by new weekly installments every Friday through April 29, 2022.

Kogonada and Justin Chon are executive producers and directed four episodes each, with Kogonada directing the pilot. Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer executive produce for Media Res; Theresa Kang-Lowe executive produces for Blue Marble Pictures; and Media Res’ Dani Gorin co-executive produces, along with Richard Middleton, David Kim and Sebastian Lee.

https://deadline.com/video/pachinko-trailer-lee-minho-youn-yuh-jung-apple-tv-series/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 7

Pachinko Promises an Epic Tale, and a History-Making Show

Based on the beloved novel, Apple’s new drama series starring an international Asian cast hopes to be embraced as a global show.

spacer.png

In about one month, the project that Soo Hugh has been working on for the past four years will finally make its way into the world. So it’s a bit surprising that when Vanity Fair asks her about the release of her highly anticipated Pachinko drama series, the showrunner describes her general feeling as “bittersweet.”

“You would think I would be bursting with joy at this point, because it’s been four years, right?” she tells Vanity Fair. “But, when you’ve been holding something for that long, in some ways it’s almost like a child—am I ready to let this child go to college and live on its own and cook for itself?”

Hugh, whose previous work includes AMC’s The Terror and ABC’s The Whispers, has a deep emotional connection to Apple TV+’s big-budget adaption of Min Jin Lee’s sweeping 2017 best-selling novel, which debuts its first full trailer today.

As the trailer and the exclusive images debuting here at Vanity Fair show, it’s an epic and visually stunning tale following several generations of a Korean family, beginning with a young woman, Sunja, living in early 1900s Korea. Sunja becomes pregnant, but then discovers her lover is already married, so she chooses to marry another man and travel with him to Japan, all in hopes of creating a better life for her child.

“The book is amazing in terms of not only telling a character story, but also situating it within a historical context that doesn’t make it feel like you’re reading a textbook,” says Hugh of the story, which begins during the Japanese occupation of Korea. Those political tensions that affected the everyday life of Korean citizens play a key role in the story.

Though the series captures a specific setting and community, the multigeneration story line explores deep themes such as identity, acceptance, and responsibilities to one’s family and future generations. Hugh says one of the references for the show was another family saga, The Godfather. “The spotlight that I’m interested in is the question of survival, but at what cost?” she says. “When you are someone who grows up with no safety net, your choices and the ramifications of those choices are so different than those who do have that safety net. It tests all of our characters’ moral fortitude—yes, you can live, but how far are you willing to go?”

When Hugh first read the novel, she wasn’t quite sure how it could be adapted for television, because the story has such a large scope, set across multiple continents and time periods. “I didn’t want to do a Korean Masterpiece Theatre,” says Hugh. “I love Masterpiece Theatre, but I didn’t want it to feel like we were watching a period drama of a time and place that no one is familiar with. And so it wasn’t until I was like, Wait a minute. What if it wasn’t a period show all the way through?”

So she and the writers decided to go back and forth between Sunja’s story and that of her grandson Solomon, who is working for an investment bank in Tokyo. “Sunja’s coming-of-age story line should, pace-wise, feel like lightning. But with Solomon’s story line, it’s over one year, with a deliberate pacing. So there’s not only tension between the story lines, but between past and present—this notion of one generation of burden and sacrifice for another. Even within the structure of the filmmaking, it feels as if the two were clashing at times.”

The show, produced by Media Res and Blue Marble Pictures, features recent Minari Oscar–winner Youn Yuh-jung as the older version of Sunja, and newcomer Minha Kim as the younger version, both of whom deliver emotionally deep work. Devs and Love Life star Jin Ha plays Solomon and the ensemble cast also includes well-known Korean actor Lee Minho and F9 actor Anna Sawai.

Spoiler

spacer.png

It took six to seven months to cast the main actors, with a worldwide search. Hugh and her team had an additional challenge when casting the project because she says auditions are not a standard practice in Korea, and she was asking all her actors to audition for their roles. “It’s not because I don’t think the actors are talented—they’re brilliant actors. But to me, the success of a show is chemistry.”

The toughest role to cast was that of the teenage Sunja. “With Sunja, who’s the heroine of our show, we’ve met so many amazing actresses, saw hundreds of tapes, but we didn’t have her.” But after seeing Kim on tape, Hugh had her come in to audition. “She just has an authenticity—and I don’t mean ‘authenticity’ like she looks like she’s from the 1930s—but there is innately in her this just timeless quality.”

With an eye toward telling this story authentically, Hugh also brought in two Korean American directors, Kogonada, who helmed 2017’s Columbus and the new film After Yang, and Justin Chon, who directed Gook and Blue Bayou. “They’re very, very different filmmakers, and that’s what was so exciting to me,” she says. “Now the question is, were they specifically spotlighted because they were Korean? And the answer is yes and no. Meaning, it’s not that I believe that only Koreans can tell the story, but I think, if you’re Korean you’d understand the heart of the stories differently than a non-Korean.”

Hugh, who is Korean American, reveals that there was going to be a third director, Iranian American filmmaker Ramin Bahrani, who helmed The White Tiger, but she says the pandemic got in the way. “Ramin is not Korean, and he was going to direct a few episodes, and he’s an immigrant,” she says. “And so, I thought that that was also a really important lens for this.”

When the eight-episode first season debuts in March, Pachinko could break through one of the remaining barriers in the American TV space as a show told mostly in a foreign language and starring an almost all Asian cast (of the 637 cast members, 95% are Asian). Hugh says it was a requirement from day one that all the characters would be speaking in their native language, and there was never a conversation about having the characters speak English to make it more accessible for viewers. And while we’ve seen progress in the acceptance and honoring of international films (best-picture-winner Parasite) over the past few years, there has yet to be a foreign-language TV series that’s been nominated in the drama-series category at the Emmys, though Netflix’s Squid Game also could be a likely contender this year. “It’s not the easiest show. Not just because of the language component or the period aspect, but it’s a very deliberate show in a sense that we sort of have to wait a few episodes to get the whole full circle of a story,” says Hugh. “Will that work? Will an audience accept it? Are we going to be marginalized to foreign content or can we really be embraced as a global show?”

Hugh, who adds that the plan is for the series to run for four seasons, feels the responsibility of shepherding a barrier-breaking show and what it could mean if it fails after its debut, not just for the future of this series, but for the fact that it means other shows like this one could lose out on the opportunity to be made. “I wish I could say that it was just a question for Pachinko to bear, but just because we are on the vanguard of this, I feel a lot of responsibility, of not wanting to be the show that sunk it all for a while.”

For Hugh and the team behind Pachinko, the wait is nearly over.

Pachinko premieres March 25 on Apple TV+ with the first three episodes, followed by new weekly installments each Friday during its eight-episode season through April 29. This feature is part of Awards Insider’s exclusive spring TV coverage, featuring first looks and in-depth interviews with some of this coming season’s biggest contenders.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/02/awards-insider-pachinko-first-look-trailer-photos

A teaser indeed! :D

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, Areumdaun said:

The trailer is awesome, I’m intrigued! And Hansu is meaner than I imagined it looks like. I am excited to see LMH in this role. Can’t  wait for March 25th. 

I just watched the trailer a few minutes ago @Areumdaun 
I am totally shaking here and taken - awesome, captivating 2.34 minutes trailer!   I could watch it a few times.

:gangnamstyle:

Finally !  Now where can i get that AppleTv+ 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

41k views so far!  Let's keep watching! 

Good to see you too @Min2206

43 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I am totally shaking here and taken - awesome, captivating 2.34 minutes trailer!   I could watch it a few times.

I'll be requesting and collecting information on where you can get Apple TV+, hopefully, for free.  I'll post on the first page, because it's going to get lost otherwise.  I believe Apple TV+ does have a free trail period, but not sure about the duration.  Sometimes, companies have promos which include a streaming site; for example, my cousin has netflix for free when she signed up at her bank.  

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4

Watch: Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Kim Min Ha, And More Experience The Highs And Lows Of Life In New “Pachinko” Trailer

spacer.png

A new trailer for the upcoming drama “Pachinko” has been released!

“Pachinko,” which features a large number of world-renowned actors, is a global project produced in English, Korean, and Japanese. Starting on March 25, an episode will be released on Apple TV+ every Friday until April 29 for a total of eight episodes. The show is based on Min Jin Lee’s best-selling book of the same name.

The story starts with a tale of forbidden love and depicts a chronicle of war and peace, love and separation, and victory and judgement across Korea, Japan, and the United States. The cast includes Lee Min Ho playing the role of Hansu, Kim Min Ha as the role of Sunja in her teens, Youn Yuh Jung as the role of Sunja when she is older, Soji Arai as Mozasu, Jin Ha as Solomon, Jung In Ji as Yangjin, Minami Kaho as Etsuko, Noh Sang Hyun as Isak, Anna Sawai as Naomi, Han Jun Woo as Yoseb, Jung Eun Chae as Kyunghee, Jimmi Simpson as Tom Andrews, Jeon Yoo Na as the role of Sunja when she is a child, and more.

The beginning of the trailer shows Sunja’s birth, childhood, life as a teenager, and current life as an old woman. The difference in her lifestyles from when she was young to when she is older is illustrated through shots of her carrying a basket on her head and cooking with a gamasot (traditional cauldron) as a child to her older self opening a modern rice cooker.

Brief clips of the people Sunja encounters throughout her life flash by. Another scene depicts Sunja as an elderly woman sitting next to another bedridden woman. The old lady in the voiceover asks, “Have you ever thought about what your life would be like if you chose differently?” as the screen shows Hansu encountering Sunja as a teenager. The trailer shows the many experiences and hardships the characters go through as they live their lives. Parallels between the past and the present are drawn as the characters experience the euphoric highs and the devastating lows of life.

The first episode of “Pachinko” will air on March 25 via Apple+ TV.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1514486wpp/watch-lee-min-ho-youn-yuh-jung-kim-min-ha-and-more-experience-the-highs-and-lows-of-life-in-new-pachinko-trailer

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'll be requesting and collecting information on where you can get Apple TV+, hopefully, for free.  I'll post on the first page, because it's going to get lost otherwise.  I believe Apple TV+ does have a free trail period, but not sure about the duration.  Sometimes, companies have promos which include a streaming site; for example, my cousin has netflix for free when she signed up at her bank.  

That's a great idea. I'll share it in the Pachinko thread as well.

Signing up for an Apple ID at tv.apple.com gives you a free trial for 7 days, and then a monthly charge after that. 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Wow @Min2206 - long time no see my neighbour chingu, hope all is with you :) 

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

You'll get free 12 months AppleTV subscription if you purchase any Apple devices, lol. That's way more expensive than the subscription price it self. :P 

I think everyone even without Apple devices can subscribe to Apple TV using website https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus/ - click on the "stream now" button. Subscription price will vary according to locations, in my location it is not expensive, just around 4 USD per month, you can subscribe for 2 months only when Pachinko is airing :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Good to see you too @CarolynH  Been so busy, work, dating and all
Guess LMH did the charm and lured me out, hahahaha !   Thanks for helping out on the Apple TV+ info.

1 hour ago, JoannaID said:

Wow @Min2206 - long time no see my neighbour chingu, hope all is with you :) 

You'll get free 12 months AppleTV subscription if you purchase any Apple devices, lol. That's way more expensive than the subscription price it self. :P 

I think everyone even without Apple devices can subscribe to Apple TV using website https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus/ - click on the "stream now" button. Subscription price will vary according to locations, in my location it is not expensive, just around 4 USD per month, you can subscribe for 2 months only when Pachinko is airing :D 

@JoannaID chingu!   How can I forget you, when we both got charmed by LMH through TKEM... hehe!
I do come in once awhile, but I can't do all the time like I used to.  But hey, I will be here.  And thanks a bunchie on the info on AppleTV  - dang, me an android user  :P 
I will wait a bit to see whether my local satellite IPTV provider will take it.   

I like his new hairstyle of his and gosh, does he have to put that flower on his lips - so provocative!

• Like 6

Lee Minho, fatal mood...Handsome like a god.

Lee Min-ho's recent status was revealed.

Actor Lee Min-ho posted pictures on his Instagram on the afternoon of the 24th.

In the photo released together this time, Lee Min-ho is posing with a flower in front of his lips.

Above all, Lee Min-ho caught the attention of the viewers by showing off his perfect handsomeness.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho is about to release the Apple Original Series 'Pachinko' on March 25th. Based on the New York Times bestselling book of the same name, 'Pachinko' is a story that begins with forbidden love. .

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202202242008137195483_1&a=99

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

In the latest pics, looks like his curled his hair. Is it for a photo shoot or prep for new drama???

@Min2206 hello, good to hear that you are dating.  Have fun!.  Apple only gives 3 months now for purchasing an apple device. Hubby had to replace his iPhone a month ago and only 3 months free AppleTV.  Dang!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Min2206 said:

:gangnamstyle:

@Min2206  Apple TV is not free. There's a monthly subscription. It's worth it. And it's the perfect option for someone who wants to give a streamer that isn't a part of the big three (Hulu, Netflix, and Disney Plus) a try. Watch Apple TV+ on the Apple TV app, which is already on Apple devices. Just open the app, click or tap Apple TV+, and enjoy the shows and movies. You can also watch Apple TV+ on popular smart TVs and AirPlay‑enabled TVs with the Apple TV app — or watch online at tv.apple.com/ph. Just follow the instructions to complete setup. You can also get Apple TV on Netflix. Just make sure you are on the home screen. From the home screen, select the App Store. In the App Store, search for Netflix to find the app, then select Get to start installation.  :ohboy2:

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@CarolynH  as far as I know, new subscribers can get three months of Apple TV+ for free.   :heart2beat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2