Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

I am really curious what the meeting is about?  I was hoping a drama but if he is thinking of Ask the stars... then perhaps not.  Maybe a commercial in the US? One can only hope.  He still has the Huntington Beach clip to show I think and the LACMA.  So LMH Episode 3 coming soon.  Yaay!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

LEE MIN HO REVEALS WHAT WE DIDN'T SEE FROM HIS TRIP TO LOS ANGELES

A few weeks ago, the Korean actor set foot on American soil, now he presents a glimpse of his adventure

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho had a good time in the United States and relaxed visiting some parts of Los Angeles, fans can learn details of his trip with a new clip starring the actor. On several occasions, Lee Min Ho has shown how much he enjoys his hobby as a video editor, but also uses this ability to show his fans some of the activities that are part of his day to day or of a particular experience.

Recently, the actor from The King: Eternal Monarch was invited to be part of Art + Film Gala 2021, an event where stars from different parts of the world attended. Although after a few days he shared some photographs taken at the film ceremony, he also let us know that he had stayed in Los Angeles for a while and now he has revealed more of his days in that place.

LEE MIN HO RELAXES IN LOS ANGELES

The video begins by showing us the beautiful view in the Hollywood Hills, a knock on the door was the call for the actor and he finally appeared after waking up. The protagonist of The Heirs enjoyed his breakfast in an atmosphere surrounded by music and a light conversation with his companions, but the adventure was just about to begin. Lee Min Ho fulfilled his exercise routine by walking through a park in Beverly Hills, where he ran and played tennis until he was exhausted. The Korean celeb returned only for a moment to the place where he stayed, because he had some plans on his agenda that he did not want to miss.

THIS IS HOW LEE MIN HO PREPARED FOR THE ART + FILM GALA 2021

In the final part of the vlog, the Personal Taste actor briefly introduces us to how he took care of his skin, his hair and his outfit for the gala event, he admitted that it was a bit strange for him because it had been a long time since he could attend to such an event. Looking spectacular, Lee Min Ho walked over to the already waiting car to transport him to where he would meet other familiar faces in the event.

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/Lee-Min-Ho-revela-lo-que-no-vimos-de-su-viaje-a-Los-Angeles-20211209-0020.html

4 Luxury Houses Become Locations for Filming Korean Dramas

Several luxury houses often appear as the backdrop for Korean dramas. For drama lovers, you must be familiar with some of these luxury homes. Summarized by Okezone, the following are luxury homes that are often the location of drama shootings:

The Hill House

This building is the setting for the family home of Kim Tan (Lee Min-ho) in the drama The Heirs. The building was erected in 1990 under the management of Hotel Yangpyeong. Inside there are two hotel buildings, five restaurants, meeting rooms and a beautiful garden.

spacer.png

https://travel.okezone.com/read/2021/12/08/408/2513819/4-rumah-mewah-jadi-lokasi-syuting-drama-korea-ada-tempat-persinggahan-favorit-presiden

Boys Over Flowers: What happened to the actors in the drama years later?

A decade ago, the so-called Hallyu Wave exploded in Korea, a phenomenon that included K-Pop and K-Dramas.

In 2009 the drama "Boys Over Flowers" , one of the most successful Korean series of this phenomenon, was released. It was the second adaptation of the manga "Hana yori dango", being the most popular so far. What has become of your leading actors after years?

Lee Min Ho was the actor who played the character of Gu Jun Pyo, a role that catapulted his fame worldwide and with which he positioned himself as one of the most important actors in Korea. The drama has had several adaptations after BOF, a Chinese one and soon "F4 Thailand" , one of the most anticipated premieres of December 2021 . 

After 12 years of its premiere, Boys Over Flowers is still one of the most watched series, it is currently available on Netflix . Its main cast has taken several different directions in the industry. Check out the before and after of the actors who gave life to this drama . 

Boys Over Flowers: Before and After Actors

Lee Min Ho

The most popular actor in Korean dramas is still alive and well on the small screen. His last work was " The King: Eternal Monarch" , Netflix series. In addition, next year he will premiere "Pachinko" on Apple TV, he has his YouTube channel and has starred in several dramas throughout his career. 

https://heraldodemexico.com.mx/espectaculos/2021/12/9/boys-over-flowers-que-ha-sido-de-los-actores-del-dorama-anos-despues-361184.html

11 Cute And Sweet High School Romance K-Dramas

There is something about a K-drama set in high school that gives us so many feelings of nostalgia and longing. The innocence of the characters and passion in which they love are endearing and charming to say the least. Seeing the journey of the characters become adults and experience love for the first time will give anyone butterflies. With winter and the holidays right around the corner, what better way to spend the time than snuggling up to some sweet high school K-dramas?

“Boys Over Flowers”

spacer.png

Goo Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho) has got all the characteristics needed to be a chaebol. He’s good-looking, charming, popular, has a lot of friends, and is pretty arrogant, so it’s no wonder when Geum Jan Di (Ku Hye Sun) transfers to his school that he treats her horribly. He bullies her, which in turn makes his fellow classmates bully her too. It takes a destined event and transformation for Jun Pyo to realize that his hate for her may not actually be hate but genuine feelings of affection.

Seeing an ice-cold Goo Jun Pyo go from being very mean to the new girl to following her around like a love-sick puppy, “Boys Over Flowers” will have you intrigued. The series is a classic. It has brought in a large wave of K-drama viewers and deservedly so! There is an adorable main love story and an epic love triangle that the K-drama world continues to talk about to this day. You’re bound to get sucked into their whirlwind romance!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1502366wpp/11-cute-and-sweet-high-school-romance-k-dramas

• Like 6

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/10074237/lee-min-ho-10122021-thumbnail-780x470.png

Lee Min-ho revealed his daily vlog while in the U.S for the LACMA Art+Film Gala

December 10, 2021

Actor Lee Min-ho revealed his vlog filmed in LA, the U.S.

On December 9th, a video titled “LA California EP.2” was uploaded on Lee Min-ho’s Youtube channel. At 7 a.m, a staff appeared at Lee Min-ho’s accommodation in Hollywood Hills, LA. He knocked on the door to wake Lee Min-ho up, saying, “Bro, it’s time to get up!”. In response, Lee Min-ho said, “I already woke up”. However, the staff kept on knocking on the door. Couldn’t stand the noise, Lee Min-ho reacted intensely, saying, “I told you I’m up, you idiot!!”, making the staff laugh hard.

LA California EP.2

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/10071804/lee-min-ho-10122021-1.jpg

After that, Lee Min-ho said, “Why am I starving? I haven’t done anything yet”. He enjoyed the scenery from the outdoor terrace while eating bananas. After finishing his breakfast with some Korean food, the actor went jogging, played tennis and did exercises at Beverly Hills. After the meeting, he had a delicious dinner and spent time taking a walk at night.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/10071759/lee-min-ho-10122021-3.jpg

On the next day, Lee Min-ho began preparing for the ‘LACMA Art+Film Gala’ held at the LA County Museum of Art in the U.S. Putting on a mask pack, Lee Min-ho laughed loudly and said, “Looks like I’m wearing some kind of glasses”. While getting his hair styled, he said, “It’s been so long since I last attended an event like this. It feels so long ago because of the pandemic”, expressing his feelings. Then, Lee Min-ho dressed up in a suit and headed to the event venue, showing off his appearance.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/10071757/lee-min-ho-10122021-4.jpg

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/10071753/lee-min-ho-10122021-5.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho is considering the offer to star in a new drama called “Ask The Stars”.

https://kbizoom.com/lee-min-ho-revealed-his-daily-vlog-while-in-the-u-s-for-the-lacma-artfilm-gala/

• Like 6

6 weeks passed, and Nobody talks about Dr. Brain in Korea, articles of drama are so little ,even you count easily. This is result Apple Tv's poor promotion in Korea.Nobody didn't talk drama. I never saw a post about Dr. Brain . I am worried about Pachinko too.Disney made so much noise while they enter in Korea. But nobody talks about Apple Tv in Korea..It seems Apple Tv isn't best decision.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Here we are again Friday!  Join the rewatch of Heirs ep 14!

cr:  SBS via Timepass Paisa Wasool

I think Apple TV should have launched in SK earlier so Koreans could see what good shows Apple TV has secured.  I've liked almost everything that I have seen on Apple TV.  A lot of big stars have shows or movies on Apple such as Jennifer Aniston, Tom Hanks, Paul Rudd (and soon LMH :grin:with any luck!).  I might extend my subscription because Leonardo Di Caprio's ( with Robert DeNiro) movie will also be on Apple.  Those are big names, so Apple must be doing something right.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Here we are again Friday!  Join the rewatch of Heirs ep 14!

I think Apple TV should have launched in SK earlier so Koreans could see what good shows Apple TV has secured.  I've liked almost everything that I have seen on Apple TV.  A lot of big stars have shows or movies on Apple such as Jennifer Aniston, Tom Hanks, Paul Rudd (and soon LMH :grin:with any luck!).  I might extend my subscription because Leonardo Di Caprio's ( with Robert DeNiro) movie will also be on Apple.  Those are big names, so Apple must be doing something right.  

Did you see South Korea Netflix TOP 10? Koreans watch almost just Korean dramas and show , Top 10 almost full of Kdramas , so they don't care so much foreign dramas.Also They watch mostly shows on Wavve , TOP 20 full of Korean shows.And Apple TV has just Dr. Brain. Drama started and ended nobody talked about it. Disney bought Running Man and has so many Kdramas now .

Top Ten Best K-Dramas to Make Your Christmas Merrier

Holidays are all about enjoying and having unending fun. Spice them up with K-dramas suitable for different moods and taste!

Christmas is just a few weeks away, and we genuinely hope you already have everything sorted out for the holidays. Spending time with family and friends, having a good laugh together, and dancing merrily to cheerful Christmas tunes— you deserve a much-needed relaxation at the year-end. However, if you are going to be away this winter from your home, that doesn’t mean you should sit back with a sulky face. You can celebrate your own kind of holidays this Christmas sprawled on your couch, wrapped in a blanket, accompanied by some good comfort food and an engaging selection of K-dramas!

We have listed out the top ten best K-dramas that you should watch this Christmas to make your day a little merrier! The series have been selected based on the cool winter setting and cozy warm feels that are perfect for this festive season. Happy reading!

1. The Heirs (2013)

Screenwriter: Kim Eun Sook
Director: Kang Shin Hyo, Boo Sung Chul
Starring: Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Ji Won, Kang Min Hyuk
Total Number of Episodes: 20
Where to Stream: Netflix, Prime Video, Viki, We TV

Looking for an old-school drama this Christmas with a cliché but addicting storyline? ‘The Hiers’ starring Lee Min-ho and Park Shin Hye might be your pick! The story revolves around a group of teenagers attending the same high school, classified by the social position of their families. Kim Tan was sent away from Korea by his half-brother when he was fifteen to prevent him from meddling in the family business. However, when Kim Tan meets a poor girl from South Korea, Cha Eun Sang, he cannot help but keep falling for her in spite of being engaged to the daughter of a wealthy family.

spacer.png

He finally returns and realizes that Eun Sang’s mother has been working at his place while he was away. And now begins the epic, impulsive and passionate love story of the two while also being strangled with corruption and a love triangle.

Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)

Screenwriter: Park Ji Eun
Director: Jin Hyeok
Starring: Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho, Lee Hee Joon, Shin Won Ho, Moon So Ri, Shin Hye Sun
Total Number of Episodes: 20
Where to Stream: Netflix, We TV, Viki, Hulu

The year 2016 was the golden year for the K-drama watchers as multiple memorable Korean series were produced and ended up occupying a huge place in our hearts. One of them is ‘Legend of the Blue Sea—’ a show centering on the love story of a mermaid named Shim Chung and a con artist, Heo Joon Jae. Despite an unusual first meeting and Joon Jae trying to fool her into giving away her jade bracelet to him, the two eventually get along owing to a turn of events.

spacer.png

However, their bond isn’t just based on coincidences but also an incomplete past story of which they are yet to know. While Shim Chung adapts herself to the new environment, she realizes that the world isn’t full of pure-hearted people like her.

https://otakukart.com/top-ten-best-k-dramas-to-make-your-christmas-merrier/

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I agree with what you wrote about Apple TV  CarolynH - there are some good shows on- I am enjoying some of the dramas and films and being British I love Ted Lasso!  I struggled with Dr. Brain. 

Because Pachinko is very much based on Korean’s history I am hoping that will boost SK subscriptions, as well as the great cast. I seem to recall that Netflix 

subscriptions in SK really went up because of TKEM.

I feel really excited about 2022- we’ve got Pachinko- we may have the space drama  and he had those meetings in LA. Everything crossed!

• Like 4

I read that one of the places in the 2nd ep of the vlog is Eva Chow's (co-chair of the LACMA event) home in Holmby Hills.  It's the room that, to me, looks like a museum.  The place where the meeting took place looks, to me again, like the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Waiting for Minoz investigation as to the meeting place lol.

Wow, the price of a ticket to the LACMA event was $10,000; tables $100,000!

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/fashion/eva-chow-the-culture-queen-of-los-angeles.html

Ok, I think the switch went on in my brain.  Eva Chow's husband owns the Mr Chow restaurant where LMH had dinner.  Finally, we are connecting the dots!

• Like 3

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas With Considerably Trigger Free Central Plotlines

Part of what has made Korean dramas so popular globally in recent years is its amalgamation of fantastic idealism and the realism of modern society coupled with its representation through varied lenses. However, sometimes all you need is a good laugh, especially one that is undisturbed by feelings that are uncalled for. If you're looking for a K-Drama that you can watch without worrying about triggers, here are 10 that will be perfectly up your alley!

photo1402794.jpg

"The Legend of the Blue Sea"

A male lead who believes in taking from the rich and getting rich in turn and a female lead who is quite literally a mermaid make for a romantic comedy that is one for the K-Drama history books. Lee Min-ho and Jun Ji-hyun's electric chemistry is unbeatable and there are no two ways about it.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

• Like 4

11 Korean Dramas That Will Make You Believe In Love Again

These K-Dramas will make you want to find a special someone of your own!

K-Dramas are opportunities for people, especially viewers, to imagine a world where things seem more beautiful and interesting, sometimes too beautiful and interesting that it seems unrealistic. But even so, they do make its viewers feel like they’re the ones experiencing the drama because of attachment they feel towards the characters.

Here are 10 K-Dramas you can watch that will make you believe in love again!

9. Legend of the Blue Sea

Legend of the Blue Sea is a magical story about a mermaid who finds the man she loves and experiences life out of the ocean. It’s a drama that teaches its viewers to love despite the differences!

o58QRrPVH8ZgzMZTzxVTtzwzOh2asigygOWrk85xHqQBSxFXO7HEw-vcvoypnOi_EWYfaFgHqf0n_goN6wxwoSmCh_fTo9sW8Q=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 5

Love fantasy genre K-dramas? Then you don’t wanna’ miss this! 

There is nothing quite like the supernatural, mythical and otherworldly. Get the scoop now on these fantasy K-dramas and begin your journey into a world beyond time & space...

I’m not sure about you, but the fantasy genre is one of my favourites when it comes to films, dramas, and books.

There is nothing quite like the supernatural, mythical and otherworldly. Here are some of my favourite fantasy K-dramas for you to check out.

The Legend of the Blue Sea

lobs.png

Photo: YouTube screengrab/lobs

This drama series stars Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho. It is inspired by a classic Joseon legend from Korea’s first collection of unofficial historical tales about a fisherman who captures and releases a mermaid. The Legend of the Blue Sea is a romance between a con artist and a mermaid who travels across the ocean to look for him.

Jun Ji-hyun plays Shim Cheong, a mermaid, while Lee Min-ho plays Heo Joon-jae, a witty con artist. The series revolves around rebirth, fate, and unrequited love. Shim Cheong and Heo Joon-jae’s story is juxtaposed with the parallel story of their Joseon-era incarnations, the mermaid, Se-hwa, and town head, Kim Dam-ryeong.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : The Independent News & Media - Singapore

• Like 6

LMH IG update!

a small party meeting

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Top 10 Richest Korean Actors with their Net Worth

South Korean film industry is now known all over the world for its content. The Korean film industry has grown leaps and bound in the past two decades. There are Korean films that are remade in the United States.

Most of the Korean actors have a huge fan following both online and offline. One of the main reasons for their popularity is because the South Korean movies, as well as dramas, have spread across the world and have been receiving abundant love from viewers and fans. The Busan International Film Festival is now one of the largest in the Asian continent and most important as well.

Today we will cover a list of the richest South Korean actors in terms of net worth in our article. 

Lee-Min-Ho

Net Worth: $26 Million

Lee Min Ho is a South Korean actor, singer, and model who is the fourth-richest actor with an estimated net worth of 26 million dollars. He shot to fame not only in Korea but also in Asia for portraying the character of Gu Jun-Pyo in the 2009 film “Boys Over Flowers”.

He bagged the Best New Actor award for Boys Over Flowers at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards. He is one of the highest-paid actors who charges $58,700 for each appearance.

Spoiler

spacer.png

https://www.thetealmango.com/featured/top-10-richest-korean-actors/

• Like 4

Thank you Syntyche for the IG info. - according to Ice he is meeting designer

Cho Gi-Seok.

I always take articles on LMH’s worth with a pinch of salt!
As we know he never media plays, MYM never disclose his fees

and if the figures surrounding Pachinko are correct he certainly earns a lot more per episode then quoted here. 

• Like 3

7 Recommendations for Korean Men's Hairstyles Similar to Famous Drama Artists

A number of Korean men's hairstyles have indeed managed to attract public attention, looking cooler and cooler, Korean men's hairstyles have always been the dream of women's eyes. Rows of hairstyles displayed by kdrama star oppas, are hairstyles that are mostly made in famous Korean salons.

If you want to look cool and cool like actor Lee Min Ho, you don't have to require a large sum because just by imitating his haircut, you will at first glance look like these actors when viewed from the side. Curious as to what Korean men's hairstyles have succeeded in attracting many women all over the world, here's IntipSeleb , which summarizes the article.

Curtain Cut Hairstyles

spacer.png

The next Korean male hairstyle that has been liked by many people is the hairstyle of the king of kdrama, Lee Min Ho. The 90s generation must have been familiar with the middle part haircut or commonly called a curtain haircut.

Although it looks simple, to be able to get a curtain cut hairstyle, you have to grow your hair thick. This hairstyle is usually often used by people who have tall posture, because it will add a cool and volume effect to the beauty of their hair.

Then, you can shape it by trimming the side of the hair, and make sure it is neatly shaved, yes. This curtain cut hairstyle is back in trend among young people, so it's perfect for you.

Being handsome like Lee Min Ho, there's no need to be bothered and difficult, it turns out, by imitating the shape of his hairstyle we will have a face that is almost similar and can look cool like Lee Min Ho.

So for the men out there, don't be confused anymore if you want to have Lee Min Ho's stylish hair. All you have to do is mention the curtain cut haircut to the barber, then see if you are as handsome and as handsome as Lee Min Ho.

https://www.intipseleb.com/korea/24073-model-rambut-pria-korea?page=1

@Lindyloo421 those are mostly estimates as not all artists reveal them anyway. We can only imagine how really rich the hallyu king LMH is! 

• Like 5

On 12/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, CarolynH said:

I read that one of the places in the 2nd ep of the vlog is Eva Chow's (co-chair of the LACMA event) home in Holmby Hills.  It's the room that, to me, looks like a museum.  The place where the meeting took place looks, to me again, like the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Waiting for Minoz investigation as to the meeting place lol.

Wow, the price of a ticket to the LACMA event was $10,000; tables $100,000!

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/fashion/eva-chow-the-culture-queen-of-los-angeles.html

Ok, I think the switch went on in my brain.  Eva Chow's husband owns the Mr Chow restaurant where LMH had dinner.  Finally, we are connecting the dots!

According to wettedO's Weibo account, his meeting place was in Designer Eva Chow Holmby Hills Showplace Mansion.

https://www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/story/2019-10-03/designer-eva-chow-puts-holmby-hills-showplace-back-up-for-sale-at-70-million

FGbGBBqUcAMTHv3?format=jpg&name=medium

FGbGBBtVEAEOAdk?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

According to wettedO's Weibo account, his meeting place was in Designer Eva Chow Holmby Hills Showplace Mansion.

https://www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/story/2019-10-03/designer-eva-chow-puts-holmby-hills-showplace-back-up-for-sale-at-70-million

And according to caramelhershey, Lee Min Ho also spotted at The Polo Lounge @ Beverly Hills Hotel on his latest youtube video. He came to the restaurant for a meeting, it's a classic in Los Angeles and a must for meetings, lunch or dinner.

9641 Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210

.... Can't post pictures now. Will post pictures later.

It is the Beverly Hills Hotel!  I thought it looked familiar.  I used to go drinking at the Polo Lounge, when I was underage, in college because they wouldn't card people (I know, I was bad :joy:

• LOL 2