Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

cr:  

Abhijeeth Sasikumar

Spoiler

HEIRS EPISODE 13

The ratings for this episode rose quite a bit to 20%.

ES asks Tan if he is ok.  He asks if the promise she made to run with him if he was in danger is valid in Korea.  She shakes her head, no.  He is crestfallen.  ES reaches up and gives him a big hug. Rachel tells her mother it's not all about math [i.e the money].  Rachel lays into YD for not telling her about KT's birth secret.  YD tells Rachel not to reveal the secret.  YD says it's the best thing that he's ever done [do we give YD a pass?] ES and KT end up at Myung Soo's studio.  ES asks why KT was crying.  He replies that due to global warming, penguins are endangered [huh? say what?].  Myung soo tries to enter, but KT has changed the password.  Es tries to get up, but KT stops her by entrapping her knees with his [1st time I've ever seen this move!]  [such a cute scene].  ES's phone rings.  Guess who?  Yup, YD.  KT answers and tells YD he and ES are more than just friends and hangs up on YD.  ES prepares to study while KT sleeps on the couch.  ES looks at KT, thinking he is asleep and wishes him sweet dreams.  KT replies that his dreams are sweet because she is with him.  the next morning, as the two leave for school, Myung Soo is outside taking pictures of them.  As the 3 ride to school, Myung Soo between ES and KT, KT tries to get the film from Myung Soo.  KT tells Myung Soo to give him the film because MS has no idea what KT can do with a spoon [@syntyche, did you get the city hunter reference.  I read about it before the episode, otherwise, it probably would have gone over my head.  Curiously, DB made no mention of it either.  People surmised the reason is that javabeans did not like Heirs.]  MS asks what the two were doing in his studio all night.  KT pursues his lips in a kiss.  [  You can see that LMH covers his mouth, presumably because he was ready to laugh  ].  KT and ES walk up the school driveway in silence.  He asks ES if it feels different because they spent the night together--wifey?  ES protests .  KT holds out his hand.  ES slowly takes it [everyone knows about them so what's the big deal?]  But poor Rachel sees.  And who do they run into--YD!  KT tells Es to go to the broadcast booth.  Rachel arrives in the broadcast booth and slaps KT.  ES gasps.  KT tells Rachel not to pick on ES.  Rachel tells him to shut up because he's just an illegitimate child.  [I think Rachel is cruel because she's hurt].  Kt waits for ES outside the women's bathroom where she had been crying.  KT finds out that ES spent the night at Bo Na's house and thrilled he gives Bo Na a high five.  Bo Na is aghast that KT touched her and flees yelling for Chan Young lol.  Ye Sol tells Bo Na to break up with Chan Young because he is just a secretary's son.  ye Sol replies she is just protecting Bo Na for when ES steals CY from Bo Na just like ES stole KT from Rachel.  Rachel pulls out her ace and asks about Ye sol's mother being a hostess.  Rachel and Bo na make Ye sol sit at the social welfare table.  Bo na looks uncomfortable as Ye sol cries.  Chan Young sees Bo Na .  KT pushes Ye sol away and sits at the table.  The crowd watches as KT stuffs his face.  YD tells KT that he cannot because the rule and pours curry on KT's jacket.  Here we go...KT throws the jacket in YD's face and tells him to wash it.  ES grabs KT and pulls him away while CY grabs Bo Na.  CY asks Bo Na if she is embarrassed by him and the two fight.  KT arrives home where father kicks him out, taking his wallet, phone, and coat.  KT arrives at ES's workplace by cab and asks Es to pay since he doesn't have his wallet and whacks KT lol.  ES asks KT what he's going to do since he has no money.  KT gathers, Hyo shin, CY and Myung soo to ask who will let him sleep at their house, give him a ride or buy him food.  The three stare back at KT with no offer haha [why can't he stay at Myung soo's studio?] Hyo Shin's mother gives him a suit for the college interview.  He asks if he really needs to take his life for her to understand.  She says it was a bluff.  [Man, she's some piece of work.  Es may not have money, but at least she has a loving mother]  madam Han arrives at ES's work place and tells her to return home.  KT shows up and his omma whacks him [poor LMH got hit a lot the last 2 episodes]. ES agrees to return with Madam Han but KT will not.  Thankfully his omma brought his jacket and phone.  KT shows up at Won's asking to spend the night.  won slams the door then immediately opens it.  As KT happily enjoys dinner [so cute that KT is happy to be with won]Won receives a call from Sec Yoon who tells him that Ji sook's shares that will be given to Tan hurt won the most.  Tan overhears and is hurt when won's throws KT his credit card because he cannot be with KT.  KT tries to check in at YD's hotel but can't because YD drew a picture of KT telling the front desk not to allow KT to stay at the hotel. Tan ends up back at Won's hotel room.  Tan wants to talk, but Won feigns sleep.  Won drops a very happy Tan off at school the next morning [I think won's harsh exterior toward Tan is crumbling]  Won sees  Hyun Joo,  who is a new teacher at Jeguk High.  In a humorous moment she tells YD to lower his eyebrows.  Chairman Kim tells JI sook and Sec Yoon to prepare for ES to continue school abroad since he believe she is the reason Tan broke off the engagement.  At school, Tan and ES talk while ES chomps on donuts.  She asks Tan if he wants one.  Tan bites the other side of ES's donut [here's our donut kiss] and of course, ES wacks him.  We learn that Hyo Shin has missed school.  He's at the college interviews looking miserable.  Tan, concerned, tries to call.  Chairwoman Jung beckons Tan to her office to tell him that what he's done creates fights in the family.  At work, the cafe is closed because YD and reserved the entire cage for a couple of hours so that he can spend time with ES.  Because she doesn't pay attention to him, he spills his drink on the floor to get her attention.    YD is very close to pleading with ES to talk to him, answer his calls [It is sad to this when we are use to YD as the bully].  At school, YD takes to the mic in the broadcast room and starts to reveal KT's secret.  ES runs to the broadcast room to stop him.  [Wouldn't you think the Chairwoman would listen to what is being broadcast?] YD keeps ES in the broadcast room; KT walks by and sees YD.  The episode ends with KT trying to kick the door open.

• Like 5

Spoiler

I enjoyed this episode. Watching the beginning when KT with tears rolling down his face, looks so crushed when ES  said no to his question but that was short-lived as she immediately hugs him and he in wonderment returns her hug. I liked that scene. He revealed his illegitimacy and there was no turning back. Was she still going to reject him. Frm then on, it gets humorous. KT back to his cheeky self teasing ES and even grabbing a bite of her donut as in the Youtube video above. :D.

Spending the night together in Myung Soo's hideout and his flashing his camera at them, calling them out. Liked those lighthearted scenes. KT is jealous and possessive, thinking that ES was with YD makes him anxious and he wants to know who she was with.

This episode also shows the machinations of the very rich, ways they use even marriage to make money and manipulate the stock market, everything is so mercenary that even hardened Rachel is astonished at her mother's decision about this personal business. Class, money and prestige is such a important thing in Korean society. I think this drama does well in highlighting that ugly side.

The other good scene is when Ye Sol due to her sniping makes Rachel reveal her mother's profession. I don't blame her for that. She however wants to punish her at the social table and kudos to KT to save her even though she does not deserve it. He wants to end the practice that he started. It is interesting that as a kid, he bullies welfare kids because they are poor yet he falls for the poorest girl he knows, his mother's maid. You wonder if he was a snob or what was his reason? He has a secret, as an illegitimate child he would probably be put at that seat as well, not that his lineage is pure so what was his motive in starting that practice? Any guesses?

KT goes home and his father kicks him out of the house with nothing but the shirt and pants on his back. Hilarious that he takes a taxi and asks ES to pay, famously says that he will pay her back, then thinking he can work to earn money." Last in class" smirks ES. His idea of being independent is to sponge on his friends who ignore him. He goes to his brother, more embolden because he realizes his brother does not really hate him. It is sweet that he still wants to be close to his brother and so happy that he can. Kim Won's reaction is also humorous.

YD had to book the coffee shop for 2 hours to get time with ES. It is sad. He wants her to answer his phone calls, say hi and talk to him. She says she realizes that he likes her but she is rejecting him. YD is not willing to let go yet and threaten to hurt others close to her. I do feel sorry for him. There is something poignant behind his bravado.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

3DHvOEE.gif

Spoiler

Thanks, @CarolynH for the recap, and @CallieP for the comments!

Very touching scene with Eun Sang mirroring Kim Tan's tears without even knowing what happened. Who can resist from giving that handsome boy a hug?

GnkwAyS.gif

I like cheeky Kim Tan in this episode. That scene where he was entrapping her knees with his, reminded me of that timely, recent teaser of 8 Letters with Choco. Oh these lucky beings who get to be that close to LMH. :P

MKFaY1Z.gif

RymFOIK.gif

DX3HOUd.gif

Myung Soo is hilarious camping out until morning and taking photos paparazzi-style. And when he asked about what they did that night, Kim Tan pursed his lips and then covered his mouth from laughing. Haha. @CarolynH, about the spoon and City Hunter reference, yup, I did notice it. 

1Znn8dX.gif

I like Kim Tan and Eun Soo's walk onto campus. I like how he lovingly looks at her. I really love to watch LMH portray a man in love. I think I also mentioned that in Faith. His mere gazes are enough to express his love. And it just draws you into him. :wub:

Attagirl for Eun Sang for taking the leap and taking Kim Tan's hand. She's finally letting herself go and shows her care for him. Also like that scene where she wishes him sweet dreams.

jfi8FgV.gif

So finally he learns that Bo Na was the one hosting Eun Sang. To his delight, he gives her a high five, and to her shock, she runs off to Chan Young. Haha. Her thinking that he's still into her is too cute.

nFhUvbd.gif

Rachel's knowledge of the true work of Ye Sol's mom got in handy. Mean girl Ye Sol got beat by b*tchy Rachel, who now takes the place of bully Young Do. Props to Kim Tan for breaking the rules he himself made (and apologizing first to Eun Sang before he threw his jacket at Young Do).

DL1rcep.gif

I admire the courage of Kim Tan leaving that mansion and his belongings. But I wonder how long he could last. Heh. I guess with a little help from his friends. Or hyung! I forgot about his hyung who lives in a hotel. I'm glad they finally had that alone time. Although no sincere talk yet, but I also want to think that Won would soon warm up to him.

VrF35j2.gif

clGksum.gif

So Dad moves on to Plan B - send Eun Sang abroad. The obstacles for our lovers are piling up.

Donut kiss - there's no stopping our lover boy from getting close to his girl. But how many times did he get whacked again?

oELjJZj.gif

Eun Sang finally expresses her rejection to Young Do's face. For a second, I like it when he said that he can't harass her anymore, because it hurts his heart. But then he adds that he's just going to torment everyone else. Young Do, the poster boy for bullies. 

And he's at it again with the PA system. You're right, @CallieP, shouldn't Chairwoman have an override on the PA system, or at least hear its broadcast? Well, it seems that he did that to lure Eun Sang to the broadcasting room, as well as Kim Tan. Oh, the horror on Kim Tan's face when he sees Eun Sang locked up inside with Young Do.  

Jph220k.gif

D-4! Our Minho will be back THIS WEEK! I can't contain my excitement! :heart: 

• Like 5

Hello!

Happy Easter, Passover or whatever you may celebrate!:D  I hope all our chingus in Sri Lanka are safe and well.  

So, I've been thinking about what we can do to pass the time waiting for LMH's 1st project after MS.  I already planned to do the list of favorites, similar to what we did in the LBS thread, for all his dramas and movies.  I thought one long list after the rewatch of GB (are we rewatching BH or LBS?), but after some head scratching, I think one question a week will keep the thread going longer and consistently.  Additionally, you wouldn't have to keep returning to a certain page to find the questions.  I have a couple of the obvious favorites, such as favorite drama, favorite character.  If you have any "favorites" you want to submit, let us know!  Now that our "newbie" @syntyche will have watched all his dramas, I'm interested in her answers.  

@gtLmh0622:  Have you heard any rumors about potential projects?

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Hello!

Happy Easter, Passover or whatever you may celebrate!:D  I hope all our chingus in Sri Lanka are safe and well.  

So, I've been thinking about what we can do to pass the time waiting for LMH's 1st project after MS.  I already planned to do the list of favorites, similar to what we did in the LBS thread, for all his dramas and movies.  I thought one long list after the rewatch of GB (are we rewatching BH or LBS?), but after some head scratching, I think one question a week will keep the thread going longer and consistently.  Additionally, you wouldn't have to keep returning to a certain page to find the questions.  I have a couple of the obvious favorites, such as favorite drama, favorite character.  If you have any "favorites" you want to submit, let us know!  Now that our "newbie" @syntyche will have watched all his dramas, I'm interested in her answers.  

@gtLmh0622:  Have you heard any rumors about potential projects?

No, not at all, we need to wait patiently.
I'm afraid we won't see his new work even when we complete re-watching LOBTS, GB, BH and DMZ.  ;)

By the way, since he still is the spokesperson of Seven Luck, Good Base, Lotte Duty Free, and etc. May be we will see the new pictures or advertisements ? They have already used the old pictures for 2 years. (Thanks they even used old pictures instead of finding new spokesperson. The power of LMH.   :lol:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20190422 on duty. D-03,  heard that there were more than 150 girls at Suseo this morning.   :w00t:

Reveal hidden contents

8f44dea2gy1g2b6iav7hhj21401rc7fg.jpg

005GTDNLgy1g2b5niwvjfj30ku0kuwog.jpg

8e0b6e7bgy1g2b6s1pwr9j20pb1901kx.jpg

006y44tEgy1g2b5zu1ovbj30tk0tkju3.jpg

006y44tEgy1g2b5zup7saj30kx0tq76k.jpg

006y44tEgy1g2b5zvcn3gj30ms0tstb9.jpg

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. Wahhh..................so near................just a few sleeps away! Wow, there were many of them there this morning, huh! :P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20190423 on duty.

Wow! Lots of Minoz gathered at Suseo - this is getting more exciting for Thursday!

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Recovered and enhanced picture of our lovely bb by  a function of We-chat.  Look his beautiful eyes.   :heart:  

cr 羊-啊-羊

Love those beautiful eyes! Already good-looking at such a young age :heart:

• Like 3

20190423 K-news.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003205334

Google translation :

Lee Min Ho returns ... Call D-2, agency "quiet without event"

201904231408752185_1_20190423142306536.j

The actor Lee Min-ho (32) is about to be released.

Lee Min Ho, who is serving as a social worker (formerly a public service employee), is about to cancel the summoning on the 25th.

On May 12, 2017, Lee Min-ho, who worked as a social worker for the first time in the Gangnam District Office, has served at the Suseo Social Welfare Center.

At that time, Lee Minho first started his service in accordance with the 'Social Service Personnel Service' system and joined the Nonsan Training Center in March last year and received basic military training for 4 weeks.

An agency official at his agency, MYM Entertainment, said on the 23rd, "He will be quietly finished without a special event."

In 2006, Lee Min Ho suffered a serious injury to his thighs in a traffic accident, and received a social service agent judgment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20190423 K-news.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003205334

Google translation :

Lee Min Ho returns ... Call D-2, agency "quiet without event"

The actor Lee Min-ho (32) is about to be released.

Lee Min Ho, who is serving as a social worker (formerly a public service employee), is about to cancel the summoning on the 25th.

On May 12, 2017, Lee Min-ho, who worked as a social worker for the first time in the Gangnam District Office, has served at the Suseo Social Welfare Center.

At that time, Lee Minho first started his service in accordance with the 'Social Service Personnel Service' system and joined the Nonsan Training Center in March last year and received basic military training for 4 weeks.

An agency official at his agency, MYM Entertainment, said on the 23rd, "He will be quietly finished without a special event."

In 2006, Lee Min Ho suffered a serious injury to his thighs in a traffic accident, and received a social service agent judgment.

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. LMH wants his discharge to happen discreetly, so there will be nothing special. :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Recovered and enhanced picture of our lovely bb by  a function of We-chat.  Look his beautiful eyes.   :heart: 

cr 羊-啊-羊

gtLmh,  ohhh...............this was him when he was a kid? He's so CUTE! Thanks for sharing this. :P

5 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20190423 on duty.

Reveal hidden contents

ed70e4dcgy1g2cash766uj22dc35re7y.jpg

e3970d78gy1g2camubu2fj20u00u04a4.jpg

ad823339gy1g2c9hdst6aj20x4145wo5.jpg

005GTDNLgy1g2cavu7f01j31bz2007wo.jpg

005GTDNLgy1g2c85zun4xj33402c0b2b.jpg

8c4edf01gy1g2c4t8evh2j23k02o04qs.jpg

cr Logo

*** Also, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. :D

• Like 1

Actor Lee Min Ho to be discharged from the military this week

20190422-leeminhojpg.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ho will be discharged from the military later this week.

According to reports, Lee Min Ho has been serving as a social service worker in the Gangnam District since May of 2017, and the actor will be officially ending his military duties on April 25. On the 23rd, MYM Entertainment stated, "He'll be quietly ending his service with no special event."

Lee Min Ho previously injured his thigh in a car accident in 2006, leading him to serve as a public service worker.

Stay tuned for updates on Lee Min Ho.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/04/actor-lee-min-ho-to-be-discharged-from-the-military-this-week

"Lee Min-ho is known to have consistently received movie and drama love calls even during his alternative service. However, the next film has yet to be decided. As a result, attention is being paid to Lee's comeback."

201904231454381910_1_20190423152310911.j

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000096117

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Actor Lee Min Ho to be discharged from the military this week

Actor Lee Min Ho will be discharged from the military later this week.

According to reports, Lee Min Ho has been serving as a social service worker in the Gangnam District since May of 2017, and the actor will be officially ending his military duties on April 25. On the 23rd, MYM Entertainment stated, "He'll be quietly ending his service with no special event."

Lee Min Ho previously injured his thigh in a car accident in 2006, leading him to serve as a public service worker.

Stay tuned for updates on Lee Min Ho.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/04/actor-lee-min-ho-to-be-discharged-from-the-military-this-week

"Lee Min-ho is known to have consistently received movie and drama love calls even during his alternative service. However, the next film has yet to be decided. As a result, attention is being paid to Lee's comeback."

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000096117

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I hope for a drama to be his comeback project. I want to see him MORE on the screen this time. I missed him so much! In case, he decides to do a movie for his comeback well, I will always support him all the way! :P

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho To Be Discharged From The Military Very Soon

He is coming back!

qarN8RJs89gjWhUkYBabafqN5RbgYjxSRG1XPOoH

Actor Lee Min Ho will be discharged from the military very soon!

After beginning his military service as a public service worker on May 12, 2017, Lee Min Ho is finally set to be discharged on April 25. He has been working at the Suseo Social Welfare Center.

minho4

Lee Min Ho began his service before reporting to the Nonsan Training Center in March last year for his 4-week basic military training, in accordance with regulations relating to public service workers.

minho2

Lee Min Ho’s agency, MYM Entertainment, stated that he is planning to complete his service quietly.

(He) plans to complete (his service) quietly without any special events.

ㅡ MYM Entertainment

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho was given judgment on becoming a public service worker for his military service after he suffered major injuries from a car accident in 2006.

minho5

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/lee-min-ho-discharge-military/

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I hope for a drama to be his comeback project. I want to see him MORE on the screen this time. I missed him so much! In case, he decides to do a movie for his comeback well, I will always support him all the way! :P

Hi @willenette, yes, more screen time for our bb please!  We missed him so much!

On 4/22/2019 at 12:27 AM, CarolynH said:

Now that our "newbie" @syntyche will have watched all his dramas, I'm interested in her answers.  

Hi @CarolynH, uhm...I'm quite pressured now! I basically like anything with Minho in it! :P But I do have my favorites. I remember you mentioning 'favorite sidekick' before? Or maybe favorite pair?

• Like 3

The Top 10 Most Romantic K-Dramas That Will Make You Swoon

Most Covetable: Heirs

In the iconic drama Heirs, Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) is supposed to be the unlucky girl whose life handed her sour lemons. As the daughter of a housemaid, she’s the poorest student in her privileged high school, she works multiple part-time jobs to support her family, and the guy she ends up liking is already betrothed to a rich, pretty hotel heiress. Yeah, life sucks for her … if your glass is half empty.

From another POV, Eun Sang is caught up in a love triangle with two seriously good-looking high school students, Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) and Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin). Poor thing stresses about having to choose between the inhumanly handsome pretty boy and the bad boy every good girl dreams of, but if that were us, we’d drink that lemonade any day. Both studs are heirs to empires in their own right and both are not at all shy about their affections for her. Case in point, this scene below when Young Do throws Eun Sang into the pool. Not a conventional way to a girl’s heart (unless you’re 10), but if you’ve seen it, you know why. If you haven’t, you gotta watch to find out!

The battles between the two ex-friends over Eun Sang’s love are enough to make any girl green with envy. Who wouldn’t want to be part of a double (yes, double) wrist grab?

most romantic K-dramas

Best Fits of Jealousy: The Legend of the Blue Sea

One way Korean dramas prove just how head over heels a character is over the love interest is a series of often hilarious jealousy scenes. These charming moments offer comedic relief in the midst of whatever problems the couple is going through, which is usually a whole lot.

In The Legend of the Blue Sea, Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho) is so adorably jealous over Shim Cheong (Jun Ji Hyun). Some of his possessiveness is revealed before he even lets on that he likes her, so it was pure entertainment for us to see him so vulnerable and his friends so befuddled over his strange behavior. Not gonna lie, it also made us wish we were the little mermaid for the first time in a long time since we were kids!

most romantic K-dramas

https://beautytap.com/2018/02/top-10-most-romantic-k-dramas/

skipped unrelated

• Like 4