Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 8/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, SophieH said:

I'm glad i found this amazing thread while googling LMH.

Welcome, SophieH! That's how I found this thread too. This is a great place for all things LMH! One thing that helped me over the long absence were the thousands of photos, hundreds of youtube videos, and of course all his series and movies. I've just been a fan for two years, so many of the things I just mentioned were new to me. I admire all of you who have been fans for a long time who toughed it out during his MS!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@SophieH:  A late welcome from me!  I started the same way as you, reading all the pages, lurked for a couple of months then finally joined.  I joined right after Heirs, so there was almost constant CFs and ads.  I also ended up reading the threads for the dramas, except Faith.  My plan was to read the Faith thread during his MS, but we ended up recapping the dramas, so that, along with seeing him during the weekday kept me busy.  My theory is that he is "transforming" himself (losing weight, changing hairstyle); that's why he is MIA.  Have you seen the DMZ documentary?  Question for everyone--can we still watch DMZ (I start to type "DMV"-Dept of motor vehicle here in the US:lol: argh) Maybe on youtube?  I'd love for him to narrate another documentary.

video via ICE Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

It's LBS ep 7 weekend gals!  Feel free to comment after watching the episode.  SophieH, please feel free to provide your comments as well.  There's no right or wrong, as long as we're all civil, anything goes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome !

Appreciate all the tips and videos ...also glad I found a place to share my fangirling phase...he is seriously addictive ! 

Anyway, I just finished the last episode of Faith .. I can finally understand why this was one of the most loved drama of him... choi young has certainly left a mark in my heart tonight. *sob sob* . 

@CarolynH yes I’ve seen DMZ which I discovered it from this thread !!  he was so natural in it, hope he will do another one too.   I’ll definitely start rewatching LOTBS again now that I finished Faith hehe. 

• Like 7

This making of LOTBS  is by a Russian person. Lots of laughter with LMH and JJH. Don't think I have seen them so in tune with each other. Nice. I like it when he sticks his tongue out, just like a little boy. So cute.

@SophieHWelcome

Hope you will comment about LBS, more the merrier.

Spoiler

Episode 7 is a fun and interesting episode with a lot of new things happening. I liked it when Dam Ryeong found Se Hwa being beaten up for her tears. How it hurt him so much, he threw the pearls , picked her up and carried her and said (taken from Dramabeans episode 7 "He picks her up and carries her in his arms, and as they approach the water’s edge, he says in a shaky voice, “You liked hearing about my dreams, right? In my dreams we’re reborn, we meet again, and we’re together. You come to see me from the ocean of a faraway land. I don’t remember you, but in my heart I already love you.”

She doesn’t respond. Dam-ryung struggles to hold back his tears, saying, “Se-hwa, won’t you listen to more of this story?”

So touching, Dam Ryeong knows JJ loves SC but is still self-unaware. It is interesting how the both stories intertwine.

Then to modern day JJ is jealous of his own self. LMH really excelled in his acting, looking at his expression and frustration, calling himself a lustful jerk, getting excited that the guy got her ramyun. :D. Cute. In the bedroom too unable to sleep, he gets hurt and prissy at the same time. Love seeing LMH act jealous and prissy, changing his expression from one to the next. He also looks terribly handsome in this episode. I also love Tae Ho with his death glare. Another jealous person.

When SC asks the guys what work do they do, like the way JJ tries to explain conning people without using the word con men. Ha!

SC meets the little girl again and rescues her from Elizabeth, and how the mom gets so entranced with her complexion and fashion sense.That is another hilarious scene. Love the little girl who is so mature and so vulnerable at the same time, understanding that people change and that causes divorces but yet equating it with losing her mom's love if she does not study hard. So innocent and so worldly at the same time.

We now know how JJ met Nam Doo and became a con man and also the brains behind the new team. Nam Doo is just a small time crook but JJ made it big time.

SC meets fellow merman and learns the tricks of living on land and the value of the tears, crying into plastic bags watching Kdramas, Ha! Ha!. Now we have the fake boyfriend and we see JJ being jealous. The epilogue is interesting, he learns from the fake BF and thinks of being a civil servant for his Sim Cheong, so sweet. The next day, JJ tries to keep SC from leaving the house to see her BF. Does he realize he is a goner, his heart is already with her.

Nam Doo does his own investigation on SC and learns about Dam Ryeong from Shi Ah. JJ confesses that he is returning the bracelet to SC but is intrigued by the name Dam Ryeong as he just dreamed about him and his ajusshi who was hurt in the dream

Is Nam Doo going to double cross JJ because of his greed???

JJ sees SC in the pool and on to next week...

• Like 6

CallieP thank you for the Russian YouTube video- it’s lovely to see what a good relationship they had.

I agree with everything Callie said about this episode. I read somewhere on an Heirs thread about LMH being a very controlled actor and I thought that was a good description because he never overacts- he  obviously considers every scene carefully and whatever emotion he expresses he does it perfectly. 

In the scene with Tae Oh where he tells him about meeting Nam - Do, who was then a sleazy trickster, we learn how JoonJae changed both their lives by using his intelligence to turn them into a formidable and wealthy pair of conman. This made me understand Nam-Do’ s extreme affection for JJ and also his panic that the mastermind of the team would be swayed by Cheongi into quitting their scams.

There are numerous  times during this series where LMH looks so incredibly gorgeous- he must easily be one of the most handsome actors in the world.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lindyloo421 said:

CallieP thank you for the Russian YouTube video- it’s lovely to see what a good relationship they had.

Lindy, And thank you for mentioning MinoBoiz_ICE. I used to watch her videos and then she deleted them from YouTube. When you mentioned her again, I checked YouTube and found the amazing  "Making of Gangnam Blues Part 1 and 2 by her and with Eng subs as well. I bought the GB DVD which had the director's cut, the movie version and BTS but did not have these two by her. They were really good, don't you think?  I posted it for all to watch. I love it. You can see he does his own kicks, he complained about the heat and hating hot weather. He got hurt on the back on on the head being hit by the 2 by 4 and being told by the director to show anger. He looks so serious and suddenly he breaks into laughter so cute. Love the BTS. Later in the interview he talked about the mud scene and that many were hurt, including himself. He broke or hurt his toe. That was a really harsh scene and you see him bring out a lot of anger and violence and vengeance in his acting as he attacks and kills using an umbrella and high kicks. Truly memorable scene. He felt that too.

• Like 5

cr: as tagged

Spoiler

LBS ep 7

I enjoyed this episode.  I loved the scene when Dam ryeung found Se-hwa and carried her.  The scenes, before and after, the ski lodge where HJJ jealously questions SC about ramyun are comedy gold.  I like what girlfriday in DB wrote "I love that he [HJJ]  thinks he's being clever, because his foolish pride makes him really relatable and endearing." I think at this point HJJ's hyung is still basically a good person.  I have to ask again, how would HJJ's omma recognize him after years of not seeing him.  Even if ajusshi sent her pictures of HJJ, i still dont think she'd recognize him.  I'll have to listen carefully in the later episodes if ajusshi sent photos of HJJ to his omma.  I really don't recall.  I think it's rather sad watching the scenes of when young HJJ met Nam doo-where again was HJJ's oppa-not caring where his son lived or if he had enough to eat.  Maybe initially he'd be angry, but shouldn't he be concerned after a day or two?  IMO, the best cameo with the merman.   This leads to one of my favorite scene with HJJ meeting the merman and SC.  LMH really does a good job, clearly jealous of the merman.  The epilogue between HJJ and the merman is my favorite.

@Lindyloo421 I agree that LMH looks exceptionally handsome in this series.  One being the scene where Jin joo rear ends HJJ's car.  Sometimes he looks so handsome that I just stare with my mouth open.  

Thanks y'all for the info on where to watch the DMZ doc.  

• Like 6

LOTBS just keeps pulling us in as it continues.  Nice acting from LMH when as Dam Ryeung he finds and rescues Se Hwa. And I like the storyline with the timeline parallels that keep emphasizing the point that everything repeats, clear down to the tangerines! There are several hilarious scenes in this episode; my favorite was SC and the merman crying into their black plastic bags to create pearls. Would that we could all do that! 

I also agree that LMH looks terrific in this series. Both he and the role are a little older, so I find him more attractive as a man than I did in BOF or Heirs, for example. I don't think I've ever literally gasped at an actor's beauty the way I do fairly frequently when looking at him.

I'm always amazed that he seems to be so full of laughter and relatively modest,  at least in public, and shows such appreciation for fans. It would be so easy to become a conceited jerk with his looks and talent. I read somewhere that his costar in Faith, who was 10 years older than him, said that she'd never met someone so young who was also so kind. He seems to have kept much of that attitude.

• Like 6

LMH in LOTBS episode 7:

Thanks for the comments (so far) @CallieP @Lindyloo421 @CarolynH @MsDot2 !

This show is so much fun to watch!  Jo Jung-suk's cameo was great.  Little Yoo-na is adorable (and wise).  The Tae-oh sound effects are a hoot.  The plot parallels are intriguing.  Cheong-i is delightfully vague.  And HJJ is entertainingly jealous.  LMH's facial expressions are perfect and hilarious!

tumblr_pw1u0taASu1w2zf0ho1_540.png

I liked learning how Joon-jae and Nam-doo met.  And they are still together.  It made me think about what makes a good person.  HJJ's father has the appearance of a "good" person, but abandoned his wife and child.  And Joon-jae has become a con man, yet from what SC knows, she believes he is good person.

tumblr_pw1u0taASu1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_pw1u0taASu1w2zf0ho3_540.png

• Like 4

15 hours ago, CarolynH said:

: as tagged

Reveal hidden contents

LBS ep 7

I enjoyed this episode.  I loved the scene when Dam ryeung found Se-hwa and carried her.  The scenes, before and after, the ski lodge where HJJ jealously questions SC about ramyun are comedy gold.  I like what girlfriday in DB wrote "I love that he [HJJ]  thinks he's being clever, because his foolish pride makes him really relatable and endearing." I think at this point HJJ's hyung is still basically a good person.  I have to ask again, how would HJJ's omma recognize him after years of not seeing him.  Even if ajusshi sent her pictures of HJJ, i still dont think she'd recognize him.  I'll have to listen carefully in the later episodes if ajusshi sent photos of HJJ to his omma.  I really don't recall.  I think it's rather sad watching the scenes of when young HJJ met Nam doo-where again was HJJ's oppa-not caring where his son lived or if he had enough to eat.  Maybe initially he'd be angry, but shouldn't he be concerned after a day or two?  IMO, the best cameo with the merman.   This leads to one of my favorite scene with HJJ meeting the merman and SC.  LMH really does a good job, clearly jealous of the merman.  The epilogue between HJJ and the merman is my favorite.

@Lindyloo421 I agree that LMH looks exceptionally handsome in this series.  One being the scene where Jin joo rear ends HJJ's car.  Sometimes he looks so handsome that I just stare with my mouth open.  

Thanks y'all for the info on where to watch the DMZ doc.  

(I meant to reply to this without repeating the LOBS video that CarolynH posted but don’t know how to cut it. I’m using an iPad -please  can someone tell me what I do?)

I know exactly what you mean about staring with your mouth open! My first experience of this was in Heirs (which was the 2nd series I watched) It was the orchard scene where he just stands there- getting wet with tears in his beautiful eyes and I just was gobsmacked - I couldn’t believe anyone could look so gorgeous.

of course there’s been lots of those moments since- sigh! Even in DMZ where he is in the worst of conditions and you might expect him to look a bit rough he still looks great.

Apart from his looks I think he comes across as a lovely, kind person like MsDot2 mentions. I have been a fan of other people in the past but never to this extent. I mean he lives thousands of miles away, has never done anything in English and yet I feel such loyalty to him- I really want everything to go well for him and hate it when people on the net have a go at him. I think Dramabeans once called it Lee Min Ho mania!!

• Like 6

On 8/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, MsDot2 said:

I'm always amazed that he seems to be so full of laughter and relatively modest,  at least in public, and shows such appreciation for fans. It would be so easy to become a conceited jerk with his looks and talent. I read somewhere that his costar in Faith, who was 10 years older than him, said that she'd never met someone so young who was also so kind. He seems to have kept much of that attitude.

I agree, the charm of LMH is that he is so famous and popular but you never ever see him conceited or being a jerk ever, like so many of western young stars are e.g. Justin Bieber. He always seems so kind and humble. It could be he hides it well but I doubt it.

About LOTBS,  Watching the short video clip CarolynH attached, I laughed as I am reminded when JJ called himself a girly man and lustful.  LMH comedic timing is great here.

• Like 2

Kim Eun Sook’s New Drama Starring Kim Go Eun And Lee Min Ho Shares Broadcasting Details

265b3b7ba9ba4703a8f509edac37ae4f.jpeg?s=

Kim Eun Sook’s highly-anticipated next drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal title) has been confirmed to air on SBS in 2020!

On August 12, Hwa&Dam Pictures and Studio Dragon announced, “Kim Eun Sook’s new drama ‘The King: The Eternal Monarch’ is set to premiere in the first half of 2020 and we have decided to air the drama on SBS.” With the televising rights being sold to SBS, “The King: The Eternal Monarch” will air first on the broadcasting channel and will then be distributed across various platforms through Hwa&Dam Pictures and Studio Dragon.

Kim Eun Sook has penned numerous hits such as “Descendants of the Sun,” “Heirs,” “Goblin,” and “Mr. Sunshine.” The upcoming drama will reunite her with “Heirs” lead Lee Min Ho and “Goblin” lead Kim Go Eun. “The King: The Eternal Monarch” will be a fantasy drama about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

The drama is set to air in the first half of 2020. Are you excited for this drama?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1344918wpp/kim-eun-sooks-new-drama-starring-kim-go-eun-and-lee-min-ho-shares-broadcasting-details

• Like 8

20190811 Lee Min Ho on Hong Kong newspaper.

005DCUQYly1g5wluzt7izj32c0340hdv.jpg

And the website edition :

http://hd.stheadline.com/life/ent/realtime/1564951/即時-娛樂-韓男神退役回歸力拼收復失地-李敏鎬狂吸6-000萬-金秀賢自立門戶

Besides those contents we already know, the news reported that LMH received over 20 scripts of invitations for his come back work. And only 3 months after his discharged, he signed several contracts of ambassador/spokesperson and earned HKD 60 million (around USD 7.65 million). Don't know where they got these information that MYM or K-news had never revealed. -_-

• Like 9

0XtFQCe.png

Spoiler

Thanks for all your comments!

Dam Ryeong has an impressive line of questioning with the tangerines to corner and pin down Lord Yang for the death of the shipping merchant. This gives the impression that Dam Ryeong is a wise and capable town mayor.

8pGhuai.gif

BLdge8s.gif

Dam Ryeong finding Se Hwa all tied up and battered in a storeroom with a large basket of pearls beside her has got to be one of my favorite scenes in these entire drama. I may have been entranced by LMH's visual as Dam Ryeong, but it was at this point that I was impressed by his acting skills. He need not say a word for you to feel his emotions - his expressive eyes and acting are more than enough to draw you into the moment. His shift of emotions from anger towards Hong Ran to heartbreak upon seeing Se Hwa, is on point. Watching him carry her away as he struggles to hold back tears makes you feel his deep sorrow.

ylr6JNF.gif

gNtVxTR.gif

I can't get enough of Joon Jae geting all jealous with the Ramyun guy! I've watched this scene countless times, and yet it never ceases to make me laugh. LMH's delivery of lines is just superb. Kudos to his comedic performance.

hPocg8Q.gif

What makes this jealousy on Ramyun guy more amusing is that they're both clueless about Joon Jae's jealousy. At this point, he is not aware that he is feeling some jealousy, and she seems to not know yet the human emotion of jealousy. She just simply answers the questions of this amnesiac guy about another guy who is in fact one and the same. Heh. (Maybe when Joon Jae gains back his memory and looks back at the nasty things he said against Ramyun guy, he will either bury his face in his hands with embarrassment or laugh so hard 'til his stomach hurts :lol:).

nYQgfpw.gif

RyW9Hcr.gif

Joon Jae is hilarious making up this elaborate story about the work they do. And we see those subtle expressions of LMH which reveal that he's only making it all up. Controlled acting, indeed. 

3e1T9ps.gif

So we see the backstory of Joon Jae and Nam Doo's con act. And that smart Joon Jae is the brains behind their whole operation of conning the rich. Yet he is driven by the noble act of finding his mom and buying a house for her.   

6SYNcDX.gif

Nam Doo is an intriguing character. He is a friend to Joon Jae, but, he is a con artist to begin with, so the conflict, if any, between his true intentions and the depth of his friendship with Joon Jae is something to look forward to.  

Hilarious scene with the merman! Sticking the plastic bag handles over their ears is such a brilliant and neat way of catching those pearls! And his mermaid 101 with Sim Cheong puts some sense as to why she was brought back to life by the mere grasp of Joon Jae's hand, and also adds a layer to their lovestory. 

uUgo44e.gif

DU3ZtKp.gif

Oh, such fun and cute to watch jealous Joon Jae. He is right, he's been acting weird since he met Sim Cheong. Acting all jealous, and now he's reading up on becoming a civil servant. He's fallen for her, and he doesn't know it yet.

hv68Yzi.gif

• Like 8

Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun’s New Drama Secures Broadcast Spot On SBS

20190520_091104-660x400.jpg

EAGERLY-AWAITED BY DRAMA FANS, LEE MIN HO AND KIM GO EUN’S DRAMA WILL BE AIRED ON SBS.

Arguably, one of the most anticipated dramas next year, The King: The Eternal Monarch penned by Kim Eun Sook, finds home channel for its airing date in early 2020.

LMH-cosmopolitan.jpg2_.jpg3_.jpg

Returning to her roots, Kim began her career in SBS in drama South of the Sun (2003). Thereafter, she has written eight dramas for the network – all highly-regarded for its story and have mostly topped ratings.

Incidentally, the hero of the celebrated writer’s new project also had his last drama on SBS. Before his military service, Lee Min Ho starred in 2017 fantasy-romance The Legend of the Blue Sea.

Based on the narrative overview, The King: the Eternal Monarch features two settings following its parallel universe concept. It is also billed to showcase romantic moments for the hero and chosen female lead.

Fusing traditional and modern times, Lee Min Ho suits up to portray two roles. In one world, he is Korean Emperor Lee Gon, who wants to close the door that connects the two realms. In another world, he is South Korean detective, who protects the lives of the people and his loved ones. Both characters have to confront the Devil, the projected villain of the story.

Following Lee Min Ho’s dual portrayal, the same challenge will be tackled by Kim Go Eun. She suits up for contrasting characters in the two parallel words. In Korean empire she portrays criminal Luna. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea world, she is Jung Tae Eul, a detective who will team up with Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon.

Spoiler

Tasked to present antithesis characters, Kim acknowledged the heavy load but vows to accomplish it.

Particularly, the fact that the series will be aired on SBS is attracting much attention owing to the the special relationship between SBS and Kim Eun Sook. Having worked on remarkable projects together before, the viewers can expect an explosive television production.

Among the renowned dramas Kim wrote for SBS are Lovers in Paris (2004), City Hall(2009), Secret Garden (2010), A Gentleman’s Dignity (2012) and The Heirs (2013).

Building her impressive portfolio, she has received love from the dramas Descendants of the Sun (2016), Goblin (2017), and Mr. Sunshine (2018). All these dramas she has shared the glory with Director Lee Eung Bok, who will also helm the new series.

The King: The Eternal Monarch will be broadcast in the 1st half of 2020.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/lee-min-ho-new-drama-broadcast-spot-sbs/

• Like 6