Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1521B0364FE1F721334086

Spoiler

Episode 8

Choi Young gets dragged away in a cage as a traitor with his hands and feet cuffed. Eunsoo talks with the fire lady about what’ll happen to him and how can she save him, claiming that according to what she read in history books he won’t die this early and that he’ll die old when he’s a grandfather. 

1468944B504CBD911CFBD4

In the palace, the military guards and Gicheol’s private soldiers have taken over. It feels like the king is really imprisoned now. 

Choi Young is now in jail, chained and thinking back of the recent incidents- the death of the exiled young king and Eunsoo :(

1125EE48504A422430636E

Eunsoo is also having flashbacks of Choi Young while she’s confined in her room at Gicheol’s place. When she finally gets to see Gicheol, he shows her Hwata’s tools next to her tools. Surprised Eunsoo asks him about where he got them from. 

The woodalchi who secretly met Choi Young goes to see the king to deliver CY’s message which was “woodalchi general Choi Young couldn’t finish the mission your majesty gave, yet” he said that and was ready to kill himself but was stopped- Yay!! Choi Young predicted that he’d receive a reply and that’s what’ll happen!

Eunsoo tried to make a deal with Gicheol, if he wants to know the rest of hwata’s tools then he’ll have to save Choi Young but Gicheol says it’s not the right trade and that if she wants to save Choi Young she has to give him her heart huh..

Choi Young has been sleeping in his cell for a whole day, his dream with father is a lot changed now.. he doesn’t know what he was looking for and the frozen lake isn’t frozen anymore, it’s a beautiful lake surrounded by trees, grass and flowers with birds chirping. perhaps love has melted his heart? 

19124C34504A3150111579

11121534504A318512993A

When Choi Young wakes up from his dream we see a mouse on his chest eww and his eyes a bit teary. 

The king orders to perform a chingook-the king interrogating the criminal personally- so he goes to see Choi Young in his cell. 

Instead of interrogating him, the king asks Choi Young to teach him how to fight in order to save him and explains why he had to give Eunsoo to Gicheol- his respect and trust for Choi Young is still as it was and I’m loving it. 

Meanwhile, our Eunsoo is teaching the bad guys how to make bomb shots, and calls the fire lady “unni” and Gicheol “ajussi” lmao

Eunsoo won’t give Gicheol her heart easily. 

Choi Young escapes from jail. I feel bad for the mouse and wonder how Choi Young killed it without having any weapon..

Tipsy Eunsoo and Gicheol walk around in the gardens as if they’re dating while Choi Young looks at them from afar. 

Eunsoo tried to escape but her feet slip and would’ve fallen if Choi Young didn’t hold her aww she didn’t look at him in the face tho and didn’t realize it was him

Gicheol finds out that Choi Young had escaped and orders his men to go look for him at the woodalchi’s barracks, and when he couldn’t find him there he realizes that he went to the king. 

When Gicheol arrives at the king’s room Choi Young had already left it, and Gicheol finds Choi Young back at his cell. 

Choi Young had met with the king and said that he should have him first and he’d do the fighting because the king should not fight. I LOVE THEIR RELATIONSHIP!!

124A714A504791B207EC62

194A774A504791B30A8F97

I don't recall minho wearing a hood again after the first episode, he looks amazing

the king goes to see the queen at night and for the first time ever asks for her help.

the next day we see him holding a council which Gicheol and Eunsoo attended, he wore the Goryeo robe in front of everyone and the queen came afterwards wearing a matching goryeo outift ah she’s beautiful.

The king then announces that he will reward those who protected Goryeo in the past 10 years of his absence, and calls them forward… we see our woodalchis entering led by our handsome Choi Young!! 

0220A94E508D6AFB2B0675

credit for the pics and gifs to their rightful owners

• Like 4

One of my favorite scenes in Episode 8 is when Gi Cheol visits CY in prison and CY tells him that he was going to die out quietly but Gi Cheol kept provoking him, waking him up and inspiring him to live. Great turning point for CY in the series!

• Like 5

cr:  as tagged

Sigh, only 209 days.  

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 8

Thank you Latifah for the recap and @msdot for your comments!  And @1ouise lol you posted minutes before me, so I had to edit!

The worst thing for CY in prison, aside from the obvious, is there is too much time to remember the young King dying and ES's hurtful words.  What is in that blue purse that ES has to carry it around?lol.  I do like how the two main female characters are strong women rather than constantly waiting for a man to do something.  What does that single teardrop in CY's eye while in prison signify?  Thank God the light bulb turned on for the King re CY!  I think it re-energized the king to fight.  I really like that the King has a mind of his own instead of simply listening to the loud mouth advisor.  Ugh, i love how the King crouches down to CY, in prison, and lays his hand on CY's wrist.  This is my favorite scene of the episode.  Ah, I love bromances!  It's nice to see Es remembering CY as she looks at the yellow flower.  Wait, did ES know it was CY who saved her from slipping down the embankment?  yay, the King is so happy to see CY after the jail break.    Didn't CY/LMH look especially handsome and commanding as he and the Woodalchi walked in to great the King and Queen in their Goryeo robe?  Hey, CY's hairstyle changed in episode 9, right?  I didn't like the hairstyle in the preview.  

• Like 4

Unfortunately, 209 days plus a year until whatever he decides to do is completed and shown. Rats!

As a “Faith” fan, I think that the role of Choi Young was very different than any role he’s done before or since.  Wish he’d do another role as compelling!

• Like 4

In Faith, LMH is a seasoned warrior but he looks so innocent and vulnerable in so many scenes. Even at the final scene when he enters to the hall with his wul dal chi, he still manages to look so innocent. Cute.

@msdot

Yes, CY is a different role for LMH.CY is a simple uncomplicated person. Straightforward and honest. No guile, he is a brilliant general in the art of war, yet he remains, untouched and uncorrupted by all the ugliness around him. Pure and simple. Many yearn for a character like that.

Spoiler

So he is thrown in jail and he sleeps :lol: but you see the awakening of CY. He wants to live now, he sees color and he confesses to  Ki Chul, that because Ki Chul caused the young king's death and kept irritating CY that now he wants to stop being meek and mild but alive and roaring and he is after Ki Chul. The lion is awake.

Ki Chul on the other hand still believed CY can be bought and that he killed the ex-king for his own safety. He got our warrior so wrong. Ha! Ha!

Remember I commented earlier about CY staring at the flower on the ground? Our romantic warrior picked it up and put it in his aspirin bottle , the two gifts from ES that he cherishes. So sweet and pathetic. He looks at it in prison and relives those painful moments again. Poor CY.

Our king too is dumb and smart at the same time. He cannot see that his queen adores him and is jealous. He caught on that CY sent him a coded message and that he is still loyal to him. I love the way he connived his way into getting to meet CY in prison. Makings of a smart and wise king. The actor is great in this role. I also like the relationship between CY and the King. Their conversation in the jail and when CY visits him in his chamber. LMH looks so cool in the hood and cloak :)

So now CY decides to devote his loyalty to the king, no more thoughts of leaving the Wul Dal Chi.He has made up his mind.

The end is awesome as the king changes in to his Goryeo king style of dressing and the queen follows suit. The music in the background is grand then CY and his men walk in in their armor so majestic. What a great ending.

If you noticed the trailer for the next week, CY has a new hair style which I thought was pretty nice. Makes him look more mature. However, when you see next week's show, his hairstyle is totally different. I guess they re-filmed it with a new hair style. I wonder why. When you watch next week's , give me your opinion on which is better and why do you think they changed his look? Did fans complain? Did LMH protest that he did not like the other style????

• Like 6

D09iZFr.gif

Spoiler

Thanks, @Latifah for the recap, and everyone for your comments!

u5Ifrq0.gif

EdZhjU2.gif

It's sweet and thoughtful that Choi Young had kept the flower Eun Soo gave him. Now I see why the bottle of aspirin was quite bigger than I expected. :D

t5E4Dth.gif

I am liking the development of King Gongnim's character. There is still some hint of insecurity, but he's self-aware and is gradually showing wisdom and commanding power. He's wise enough to decode Choi Young's message, and won't let his subjects stop him from meeting him personally. I'm also loving the scene where Choi Young bows before the king. And the King's gesture of him crouching down to his eye level, then puts his hand on his arm, says a lot on the King's trust on him. Choi Young then responds by busting out of prison then tells the King to have him, and he'll do the fighting. Nice!

lggqbrJ.gif

VS0RpaT.gif

KY3VC5J.gif

VFWlHvj.gif

During the course of the first few episodes, it appeared to me that Eun Soo would be the one reason that would make Choi Young want to live. But his declaration now that Ki Chul's provocation wakes him up and inspires him to live on, adds more meaning to his awakening, for a warrior who vows to protect the king and his people. Frozen and on-autopilot Choi Young has been revived and a warm-hearted warrior ready to kick a$$ is unleashed.

eoFYyuY.gif

Choi Young does look dashing in that cloak! And him marching in with the Woodalchi is badass.

dVl8R7r.gif

RMEnNM8.gif

• Like 5

@msdot Boy, I hope it  doesn't take that long until we see him.  I figure about a month before he's discharged, we'll hear something about a project.  I do know that there tends to be a huge gap between when we hear about a project until we see it.  I'm hoping that he'll do at least 2 projects per year; maybe one movie one drama.  It seems fall/winter seems to be the "prime time" for dramas so maybe it will be a long time.  I was wondering if we'll have time for the full Heirs rewatch, but I guess we mostly likely will be able to watch it in its entirety.  

• Like 4

It's now October, and in only six months, Minho's MS will be over. Time flies fast. We may not see any of his new works soon, but I hope we'll have news about him and his upcoming projects.

Innisfree October wallpaper

cr: Innisfree

DoV-cIvUYAAeSko.jpg

DoVj3g5VAAEQouK.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/1/2018 at 6:20 AM, leeminhosny said:

I think  before LMH's ms is over we will see his new works offer news but after MS is over ,new works comfirm generally 

Hi leeminhosny, normally, this usually happens for those who are in MS. (3) months prior their discharge, scripts, offers come their way so that upon discharge they already have a confirmed project. :P

• Like 2