Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

@willenette:  I also think GJP is my favorite character that LMH has portrayed.  As javabeans mentioned in the flower boy article @Kris Silva posted, GJP forced LMh to be ON all the time.  I think my 2nd is Jong Dae, although I didn't care for the movie as a whole.  

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 7

Thanks @CallieP.  I can tell that you are passionate about this drama.  And thanks, @1ouise for your comments.  It's interesting how the 3 of us find this episode very powerful and moving.  

Overall, a powerful episode.  True, I'm not a big fan of Faith, but I did enjoy rewatching episode for the most part.  

We see the relationship between ES and CY deepen in the scene where they are hiding out and ES offers CY her shoulder so he can get some sleep.  I'm surprised that he took her up on her offer.  

Boy, that advisor needs a good kick in the pants!  I think that I hate him more than Gi Cheol.  

And, the cutest moment ES putting the flower in CY's hair.  Definitely a flower boy!  lol.  

So so touching that the young King loves CY so much that he took the poison to save CY.  Wah:bawling:  

In response to your query, @CallieP, I do think ES should have been more understanding.  She saw how fond CY was of the former King and he wouldn't hurt him.  She, as a MD should know pain the death would be for the young King.  

• Like 6

On 9/20/2018 at 1:57 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

Choco's story on 20180912, choose your favorite character of LMH. The results were announced yesterday and Choi Young won all votes of Minoz - K/J/C.   :w00t:

cr Minoz official via minoz-依妈

@gtLmh0622 it is interesting that Faith has the lowest ratings of all his dramas but the character Choi Young is the most upright, loyal and honest person, brave and strong. Fans love those qualities and LMH made those qualities real to them. Straight as an arrow, no guile, no pretense. Pure in his love for Eun Soo.

• Like 4

2018 Asia Artist Awards, please vote for LeeMinho. 

https://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/preVote.html?type=mactor#none

5 votes per SNS account everyday. Voting Period : 2018.09.20 10:00 ~ 10.12 17:00 (KST)

LOGIN first (each SNS account 5 votes everyday, you may login/logout different accounts e.g. google/fb/tw to vote more than 5 votes. :P) and agree the terms, then return to the page and "Vote".

• Like 5

zvNMAb2.gif

Spoiler

Thanks @CallieP for the recap, and @CarolynH and @1ouise for your comments.

I like the cute scenes in this episode - Choi Young laying his head on Eun Soo's shoulder, and her putting a flower on his hair. His walls are slowly tumbling down because of her. And another adorable smile! Unexpected smiles coming from a warrior like him are really treasure.

CzYkAHG.gif

0rZTLu6.gif

vC0Azjl.gif

jX3ppfx.gif

Now on to the serious stuff. Indeed, this is a powerful episode. It reveals so much depth on the drama's plot and characters. We have seen Ki Chul go to great lengths to deceive and manipulate an entire kingdom just to achieve what he wants. And in the process, confronts and threatens relationships - that between Princess Noguk and King Gongnim, King Gongnim and Choi Young, and Choi Young and Eun Soo. Gongnim mistakens Noguk's plans for her fondness over Choi Young, Gongnim doubts Choi Young's loyalty, and Eun Soo perceives Choi Young as a murderer. Now the theme "faith" of this drama is affirmed - having faith in a person despite the circumstances telling you to do otherwise.

On Eun Soo's reaction to Choi Young's stabbing the king. I feel that this episode built up to that moment. When Eun Soo learned that the blood on Choi Young's face is not his, she showed some displeasure, and made him wipe it off. She smelled the blood on him when he lay his head on her shoulders. She put a flower on his hair to mask the smell of blood on him. She asked him to go to heaven with her, where he wouldn't have to kill anybody. And she heard him say bluntly that he would have to kill Gyung Chang if he asked him to help him get his crown back. That little kid to whom she took on a maternal role to, and have been attached to by now. So when she comes back to his lifeless body that was just alive minutes ago albeit in pain, her emotions building up to that moment got the best of her, and made her turn her back on Choi Young.

P2j83u9.gif

We have seen Choi Young's character unveiled - from a lazy and unmotivated warrior to an older brother figure who feels and weeps. It must have been excruciating to see Gyung Chang, the little king who brings out his humanness, suffer in pain for him. So ending that pain by taking his life on his hands must be a harrowing experience, to which he would have to live with. 

XId2ueT.gif

yw4JDUK.gif

E8WbeFM.gif

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing. I agree this is such a powerful episode. CY’s stoic facade crumbling with his heartache at having to kill the former king and Eun Soo’s rejection. And then imprisoned. This sets up the next episode , a major turning point in the series, with a major decision by Choi Young to wake up.  Love these two episodes!

• Like 5

Welcome @msdot!  I hope that you enjoy commenting about Faith with the rest of us.  I'm sending you a PM--nothing serious just a FYI.  

I read that SPAM is a popular Chuseok gift.  I wonder if LMH likes SPAM.  The article that I read said all South Koreans like SPAM.  I ate SPAM growing up, even though I hated it, because my parents grew up in Hawaii and all Hawaiians like SPAM lol.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Welcome @msdot!  I hope that you enjoy commenting about Faith with the rest of us.  I'm sending you a PM--nothing serious just a FYI.  

I read that SPAM is a popular Chuseok gift.  I wonder if LMH likes SPAM.  The article that I read said all South Koreans like SPAM.  I ate SPAM growing up, even though I hated it, because my parents grew up in Hawaii and all Hawaiians like SPAM lol.  

Hi CarolynH this is true - because cans of Spam in Korea is affordable & all Koreans like Spam. So, I'm sure LMH likes it, too! This canned meat holds a unique position in SK as a top-selling holiday gift. During Chuseok and the Lunar New Year the cans nestled in packing straw, line the shelves of both major retailers and local convenience stores. It is “the most universal” present. For Koreans, it's an affordable alternative to fruit baskets and beef sets during the season of giving. Just like in Western countries, Spam is considered a cheap substitute to fresh meat. Like you, I also grew up eating Spam and it remains one of my favorites.  I always have Spam in my food storage. Do you know that Korea is now the second biggest consumer of Spam after US? :P

• Like 4

Highest-Rated Kdramas from 2008 to 2017

Boys Over Flowers (2009) — 25.7 %

Boys Over Flowers Poster 1

• Network: KBS2
  • Schedule: Mondays & Tuesdays
  • No. of Episodes: 25
  • Genre: Romance
  • Director: Jeon Ki-sang
  • Writer: Yoon Ji-ryun

Korea’s version of Meteor Garden is the 8th highest-rated Kdrama from 2008 to 2017. The series, led by Lee Min-ho (Legend of the Blue Sea) and Ku Hye-sun (Blood), attracted high viewership ratings and buzz throughout South Korea (and later, throughout Asia) during its broadcast. It became so popular that broadcast rights for the series were sold to at least 25 countries around the world. Indeed, this series ended up a top-rated show that reached a peak rating of 32.9 percent.

(skipped unrelated)

https://www.kdramapal.com/highest-rated-kdramas-2008-2017/

• Like 4

On 9/23/2018 at 7:56 AM, syntyche said:

E8WbeFM.gif

Hide contents

I want to talk about this picture of LMH. I don't know how to paste this picture myself so I am using your picture so please excuse me.

I really like this particular scene and his expression here. He looks so innocent and handsome in this scene. The way he looks to her for some recognition or encouragement , then looks down disappointed and give a bitter smile. I think he acted this scene perfectly.

Indeed, this is a powerful episode. It reveals so much depth on the drama's plot and characters. We have seen Ki Chul go to great lengths to deceive and manipulate an entire kingdom just to achieve what he wants. And in the process, confronts and threatens relationships - that between Princess Noguk and King Gongnim, King Gongnim and Choi Young, and Choi Young and Eun Soo. Gongnim mistakens Noguk's plans for her fondness over Choi Young, Gongnim doubts Choi Young's loyalty, and Eun Soo perceives Choi Young as a murderer. Now the theme "faith" of this drama is affirmed - having faith in a person despite the circumstances telling you to do otherwise.

On Eun Soo's reaction to Choi Young's stabbing the king. I feel that this episode built up to that moment. When Eun Soo learned that the blood on Choi Young's face is not his, she showed some displeasure, and made him wipe it off. She smelled the blood on him when he lay his head on her shoulders. She put a flower on his hair to mask the smell of blood on him. She asked him to go to heaven with her, where he wouldn't have to kill anybody. And she heard him say bluntly that he would have to kill Gyung Chang if he asked him to help him get his crown back. That little kid to whom she took on a maternal role to, and have been attached to by now. So when she comes back to his lifeless body that was just alive minutes ago albeit in pain, her emotions building up to that moment got the best of her, and made her turn her back on Choi Young.

We have seen Choi Young's character unveiled - from a lazy and unmotivated warrior to an older brother figure who feels and weeps. It must have been excruciating to see Gyung Chang, the little king who brings out his humanness, suffer in pain for him. So ending that pain by taking his life on his hands must be a harrowing experience, to which he would have to live with

Really agree with your comments above.

• Like 6

11 K-Dramas To Turn To When You’re Having A Bad Day

Sometimes when you have a bad day all you want to do is sit down and watch something that is both comforting and that will make you smile. While K-Dramas are mostly known for being a rollercoaster ride for your emotions, there are some out there that are just the right combination of drama and feel-good that are guaranteed to make your day a little bit brighter.

Boys Over Flowers

boys over flowers

Although Boys Over Flowers definitely contains a lot more drama than some of the others on this list, it’s still a great drama to watch when you need to unwind. Maybe it’s something about the blossoming relationship between Geum Jan Di and Gu Jun Pyo or perhaps it truly is all the dramatic happenings in this one, but it’s a classic that just can’t be beaten!

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/kdrama-feel-good-turn-bad-day-good/

• Like 3

Thanks for posting this list. I got hooked on LMH from watching Faith, and watched most of his other shows before watching BOF. There’s a great out-take clip of LMH doing the falling-into-the-pool scene in BOF. It was so cold that ice was forming on the pool. He falls into the pool over and over again, then gets drenched with warm water after each take. Now that’s commitment!

• Like 4