Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

cr:  MinozNoonasForever

It makes me happy to see LMH so happy at the SBS awards.  And, so handsome--an added bonus.  

Spoiler

HEIRS EPISODE 20-GOOD BYE KIM TAN!  25.6% rating

Finally 20 weeks later, we reach the final episode.  Regardless, of your opinion of this drama, it did raise the cast into a higher level of popularity, so it can't be all bad.  

KT meet with an attorney to change his guardianship changed to Won for the purpose of defeating Chairwoman Jung in the fight for Jeguk.  At the board meeting, only two members show up to support Won; the remainder side with Chairwoman Jung.  Chan Young tells ES that KT's father had a stroke.  KT is with Sec Yoon to secure votes from the foreign shareholders. [I don't understand why KT knows he is the especially loved son of Chairman Kim.  ] KT leaves a sweet note and stuffed owl for ES.  YD has an awkward dinner with his father to discuss what will happen to Hotel Zeus after his father turns himself into the police for tax fraud and embezzlement.  [his father seems more human in this exchange].  Remember the kid in YD's first scene, the one YD threw a baseball at and proceeded to bully?  Well, YD goes to the school and apologizes.  YD goes to and sees his mother at the shop where she works.[Aw, YD needs his mom!] Finally KT returns to SK.  Won praises KT for securing some shareholder's votes.  Won and KT return home; two brothers finally under one roof.  Won asks KT to ask YD for YD's father's vote.  ES runs into KT's arms [aw so sweet]  KT sees YD to secure the vote.  YD asks KT for forgiveness for the things he said about KT's omma.  Hey hey Sec Yoon visits Rachel's mother to secure her vote.  Because he is charming, she agrees to sign the declaration.  Sadness fills the room when they part ways.  Won secures the vote of his wife- t-o be's father.  the room is tense as the votes are cast.  The Kim boys have enough votes to avoid Chairman Kim's dismissal!  Chairwoman Jung tells won, he may have won today, but it's not over yet.  Sec yoon gets the call that Father is awake and surgery is scheduled.  Madam han weeps in relief when they received the news that Father is ok [she loves the old goat!].  YD and his omma finally meet in a touching reunion.  Hyo Shin gives ES his book of test questions.  ES asks if Hyo Shin is going somewhere to which she replies in the affirmative.  Rachel's mom also makes amends with her daughter.  Rachel bumps into Hyo Sin at the medical clinic where Hyo Shin tells her that he's joining the army.  Rachel asks if he has a girl to wait for him.  KT runs to train station?   where Hyo Shin is about to leave for the army.  Hyo Shin tells KT he's running from his parents.  Aw, KT embraces Hyo Shin {oh, the bromance--I love it!] Chairman Kim tells Chairwoman Jung that they should divorce, but she tells him she gets half of Jeguk.  Next KT and ES visit.  ES brings Father books [sweet].  [Can't Father look at KT in the eye, if KT is his favorite son?]  I love Chan Young and his father, a happy healthy relationship.  KT is so cute when Won learns KT got 50th place.  Sec Yoon asks won if KT knows that Won is getting married.  Poor Hyun Joo reads the engagement news on her phone while waiting for her bus.  The two meet one last time to break up [sadness] [that's a weird looking wishbone]  Won asks KT to stay by his side [aw, brotherly love]  Won now sitting at the chairman's desk takes out the broken wishbone and begins to weep.  The kids begins their senior year in high school.  ES asks KT what he wished for on his birthday.  he replies to make everyone he knows, happy.  He wants to hold a party 10 years from now.  We see the cast 10 years later.  [my video pooped out 9 minutes before the end:tears:sorry]  The show ends with KT and ES while snowing is fallingl

Farewell, Kim Tan--Love is the Moment....

Next week, no recap of Gangnam blues [I think it will be too hard to recap unless someone wants to try]  At the end of the week, those who want to comment can post.  I found GB on YouTube.  Not sure where else you can watch the movie. 

@kiklaminHo:  Welcome back chingu!  Hopefully you'll visit from time to time.:)

• Like 7

On 6/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, Kris Silva said:

I posted this Forbes article in the drama thread and writer says...

“So far it’s known that Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon in one world, but not much is known about his proposed role in the alternative world—or even if he has one. As the emperor he will try to shut the door between the worlds.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2019/06/05/anticipated-k-drama-the-king-forever-sovereign-casts-charismatic-a-list-stars/amp/

i really don’t  care if he has a single or dual character in the drama. If he has 1 then it  would just mean he will be the one who will be  passing thru the door to the alternative world. Pretty much like Daejang in Faith. 

Wow! Forbes has an article about LMH. I am impressed. It is a business magazine. LMH should try the US next.

Hopefully, he will have a role in the other universe. As I said it is similar to the JK Simmons series Counterpart.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Wow! Forbes has an article about LMH. I am impressed. It is a business magazine. LMH should try the US next.

Hopefully, he will have a role in the other universe. As I said it is similar to the JK Simmons series Counterpart.

It dosen't come to me as a surprise to be honest. LMH is top 15 one of the most followed actors in the world despite being from a non-english speaking country. 

He really suits American-action and superhero films that are recently dominated by the Box office. His primarily an action actor and the Drama has never been him imo. His more of a western based actor who is suited for the western style movies where one cowboy is all to powerful type of scenarios or a hero, villain etc etc

Edited by Joanna Alfson
  • Like 6

Lee Min Ho received a handwritten fan letter in Korean, from a fan in Canada who enrolled in a Korean language class to learn the language.

She wrote about how she became a fan, how she learned Korean, asked if Min ho intends to have a fan meeting in the US and Canada, and if he plans to star in a drama with his bestfriend, Jung Il Woo

"Your smile makes my day happy," she said. 

D8bD4JzUYAEETvQ.jpg

D8bD4ZiUEAAX992.jpg

D8bD4paU8AAqdbQ.jpg

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001543857

• Like 7

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

I’m from England and think it would be great if LMH does an English speaking film.

in the meantime I hope Viki or Netflix will be showing The King the eternal monarch so we get English subtitles. I haven’t been a fan for very long as only discovered him on Netflix in The Heirs and BOF last year but I bought all his series and the two films on dvd and think he is a wonderful actor who can play any part brilliantly. I’m really excited to be able to read about this new drama right from the start. Can you tell me at what stage do they do a press conference- is it before filming starts?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2019 at 8:13 PM, Kris Silva said:

Here’s the link to the new drama thread: 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/435525-upcoming-drama-2019-the-king-the-eternal-monarch-더-킹-영원의-군주-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun/page/4/

I also posted a comment and video in LOTBS, please visit/ read the post...if someone knows Korean, please translate for me, thanks! 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/387268-drama-20162017-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-푸른-바다의-전설/?do=findComment&comment=21511452

@Lindyloo421Syntyche started a thread for the new drama from the beginning . Click on the link above to start. Hope that helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, Joanna Alfson said:

It dosen't come to me as a surprise to be honest. LMH is top 15 one of the most followed actors in the world despite being from a non-english speaking country. 

He really suits American-action and superhero films that are recently dominated by the Box office. His primarily an action actor and the Drama has never been him imo. His more of a western based actor who is suited for the western style movies where one cowboy is all to powerful type of scenarios or a hero, villain etc etc

@Joanna Alfson:  Welcome! :D I agree that initially LMH would be best suited for action roles in Hollywood movies.  But, IMO, he also very good in dramatic roles.  I wasn't quite sure he could pull off comedy, but he proved me wrong in LBS.  

On 6/7/2019 at 1:41 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

I’m from England and think it would be great if LMH does an English speaking film.

in the meantime I hope Viki or Netflix will be showing The King the eternal monarch so we get English subtitles. I haven’t been a fan for very long as only discovered him on Netflix in The Heirs and BOF last year but I bought all his series and the two films on dvd and think he is a wonderful actor who can play any part brilliantly. I’m really excited to be able to read about this new drama right from the start. Can you tell me at what stage do they do a press conference- is it before filming starts?

@Lindyloo421: Welcome to you too!  :D  I'm sure either Viki or Netflix will pick up The King.  I have Viki basic and have been disappointed with how they try to force people to upgrade, so I think Netflix may be a better vehicle to watch The King.  A group of us are watching Gangnam 1970 /Gangnam Blue ('GB") this week and commenting on LMH's portray of his character next weekend.  Why don't you watch GB with us and give us your thoughts?  If you don't already know, his character in GB is 180 degrees different from Kim Tan.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've been able to determine, the press conference for a drama (I think same with movies) is within a week of the premiere of the drama.  

• Like 6

Spoiler

Thanks  Carolyn for the recap. This is the last episode and things get settled. It is interesting that the kids in this elite school are not happy and have thoughts of suicide. Seems like it is a big issue in SK. Teen suicide. Even in the US, I think. Myung Soo has such suicide thoughts was surprising to ES. She is the poorest there and yet does not have thoughts of suicide. Wonder if KT was one of those who also paint sprayed a silhouette of a dead body when ES left him.

The saddest person is Won who gave up the love of his life for power, that is the price of his crown, that he is sad every night. A marriage to someone he dislikes. I wonder if his wife continues her affair with her boyfriend. Does she even really love her boyfriend. Same as Rachel's mother. She likes her old flame but not enough to marry him. Are the Korean rich so class conscious or wealth conscious they are happy with a marriage of convenience when they have someone they love? Won did not want to go against his dad at first but put off marrying the woman then to save his power, he finally agrees but he is not happy. Is the price worth it?  At least KT puts love as his most important issue and does not hanker after power. He is happy to let  his brother have it.

I liked the part when Won told KT about their deal and his going to the US. KT looked crestfallen. He thought maybe his brother would forget about that deal. That he would have to leave SK and would ES follow him. Then his brother actually wants him to be by his side and study hard. That must have been a relief. He should have had a bigger reaction like hug his brother. Wonder if he gets to be first in class and beat Chan Yong. He says he does not do things half way. :D

Finally KT learns about the cut-throat reality about power and the business world where families fight each other for money and power. He got a dose of reality when he was out helping his brother against the power grab.

Now Won also knows that he can trust KT to not steal from him.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@Joanna Alfson:  Welcome! :D I agree that initially LMH would be best suited for action roles in Hollywood movies.  But, IMO, he also very good in dramatic roles.  I wasn't quite sure he could pull off comedy, but he proved me wrong in LBS.  

@Lindyloo421: Welcome to you too!  :D  I'm sure either Viki or Netflix will pick up The King.  I have Viki basic and have been disappointed with how they try to force people to upgrade, so I think Netflix may be a better vehicle to watch The King.  A group of us are watching Gangnam 1970 /Gangnam Blue ('GB") this week and commenting on LMH's portray of his character next weekend.  Why don't you watch GB with us and give us your thoughts?  If you don't already know, his character in GB is 180 degrees different from Kim Tan.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've been able to determine, the press conference for a drama (I think same with movies) is within a week of the premiere of the drama.  

Agree with @CarolynH 

I love LMH more in dramatic role :)).

He has such an amazing eyes that would definitely support that kind of role. don't get me wrong. He is also really good in action role. But still, I prefer the dramatic one :D.

And GB, that movie was mind blowing for me. From Kimtan, high schooler, suddenly over the night he became a gangster with those intense dan deep emotions that should be delivered. kudos to him. salute. was a brave and  brilliant choice from him 

• Like 8

T3DVpGP.gif

Spoiler

Thanks, @CarolynH for all the recaps! And @CallieP for all your comments.

Good to see Tan and Won working together. They finally settled their differences, especially Won, who trusts Tan now. @CarolynH, I recall in one of the early episodes where it was mentioned that Tan is Dad's favorite son. I just don't remember what episode exactly.

nbpgAv9.gif

High schooler Kim Tan steps up to the plate and goes on a business trip to meet up with shareholders. And he's all exposed to his family's cutthroat world of business. That must be nerve-wracking. Good thing he has the support of VP Yoon and his hyung.

pHp3slU.gif

A39AS3F.gif

baj7zYI.gif

IgtLJxe.gif

Choi Young Do's character has matured a lot. He shows his care and respect for his father, and now is humble enough to ask for forgiveness. Touching moment with his mother. All he could say is "omma." He longed for his mother so bad.

CFuC2Kq.gif

So I guess we won't see a reconciliation between Kim Tan and Young Do. But Young Do asking for forgiveness from Kim Tan, even asking about his father, is a huge step away from his old bully self. They may not be the best of friends again, but at least they get to be a friend when the other needs it.

rvYiFeX.gif

sDV5Wdu.gif

I like Kim Tan and Hyo Shin's bromance, too! Aww, Tan all worried about his friend.

093DxFx.gif

Okay, so Chairman Dad accepts Eun Sang's gift. On the road towards giving his approval to her and Kim Tan. Won, on the other hand, pays the price of getting to the top. "He became strong, but at night he cried." Heartbreaking. :tears:

00yCZn7.gif

ZQuDlIP.gif

Father and son VP Yoon and Chan Young are just the cutest. I also like the tandem of Won and VP Yoon. Won eventually trusted the candid VP Yoon. 

ei9CuIb.gif

rusAQv2.gif

Kudos to Kim Tan for overcoming a huge obstacle in his life. By standing his ground, he gets to keep his girl, while bearing the weight of his crown.

ZGpGp8M.gif

uaR4keB.gif

NtBFTuE.gif

tiyLKIR.gif

Vz6mN0N.gif

• Like 6

21 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Thank you so much for the welcome. I will definitely re-watch GB this week. 

I am excited about sharing thoughts on his work with other fans.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

Agree with @CarolynH 

I love LMH more in dramatic role :)).

He has such an amazing eyes that would definitely support that kind of role. don't get me wrong. He is also really good in action role. But still, I prefer the dramatic one :D.

And GB, that movie was mind blowing for me. From Kimtan, high schooler, suddenly over the night he became a gangster with those intense dan deep emotions that should be delivered. kudos to him. salute. was a brave and  brilliant choice from him 

I agree with your comment about GB, It was an immensely well made movie and I think it was a good choice, moved away from his usual genre and to me he shone in the role. More on the movie next week.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, syntyche said:

Lee Min Ho received a handwritten fan letter in Korean, from a fan in Canada who enrolled in a Korean language class to learn the language.

She wrote about how she became a fan, how she learned Korean, asked if Min ho intends to have a fan meeting in the US and Canada, and if he plans to star in a drama with his bestfriend, Jung Il Woo

"Your smile makes my day happy," she said.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001543857

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this + the link. For sure, he was amazed by this - I hope to hear about his reply on US FM & Canada & working with his buddy, JIW. :P

• Like 1

Minoz_China Official Fanclub Update 061119

As of June 10, we received a total of 55 letters from China, Hong Kong S.A.R., Macau S.A.R. and Taiwan. Today we sent these love letters to Lee Min Ho. Hope that these letters that sail thousands of miles away will bring him the best of the world. 

D8xqk7YUcAA6J0d.jpg

cr:lmh_kig

• Like 3