Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

29 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20190207 on duty.

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing the pictures. No wonder..............It's his 1st day to work again after the Lunar New Year. :lol:

10 K-Drama Male Characters We Wouldn’t Actually Date IRL

e628387b0ca84be4a8274790f82a4c2c.jpeg?s=

When you watch a K-drama, it really takes no effort at all to fall in love with the male character. They’re (most of the time) handsome, charming, and know how to woo the main female character, which in turn, woos us. It’s easy to get caught up in the fictitious world of love triangles, back hugs, and epic confessions or proposals, but are these characters actually dating material in real life? Here’s a look at 10 male characters who would be pretty difficult to actually date in real life.

Disclaimer: I loved each and every one of these K-dramas despite the opinions on this feature. 

Heirs” – Kim Tan

At first glance, Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) seems like an amazing catch. I mean, there’s a reason why this series was such a mega success in South Korea. He is super persistent when it comes to winning over the woman he loves and he is not going to let anything get in the way of being with his girlfriend. Women dig this kind of loyalty and romance, right?

lee-min-ho.gif

But when it comes to intense male K-drama characters, Kim Tan takes the cake. He’s got a lot of baggage, which in turn has made him pretty possessive when it comes to his girlfriend. Even when things are getting rough with Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) and Kim Tan’s father exiles her out of Seoul, Kim Tan doesn’t let her go. There is hardly any room for her to breathe and have space from him even after she repeatedly asks him for time.

heirs.gif

More so, the fact that Kim Tan’s father is so crazy about who his sons are marrying would probably put any girl into mental breakdown mode. It’s not a situation anyone would be jealous about!

Watch “Heirs”:

Watch Now

Boys Over Flowers” – Gu Joon Pyo

Gu Joon Pyo (Lee Min Ho) pretty much has got his prep school in the palm of his hands, so when a poor girl named Geum Jan Di (Ku Hye Sun) transfers to his school, he makes sure to make her life a living hell.

lee-min-ho1.gif

Yes, he eventually falls in love with her, but he’s still a huge jerk. His character is a bully who will make sure you suffer if you do anything remotely wrong to him. He’s unforgiving, unreasonable, has a temper, and is totally irrational. Remember that time he sent men to kidnap Jan Di?! And he sent a group of other students to “scare” her. Yeah, I’d prefer if my future boyfriend didn’t do these things, thank you.

Watch “Boys Over Flowers”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

cr:Timepass Paisa Wasool

Spoiler

HEIRS -EPISODE 3

ES responds that KT probably doesn't like her because he's engaged.  Es is so excited when learns she is in Hollywood.  KT sulks when ES tells him not to take her to the Hollywood sign because he's already done so much for her.  She tells him that she will leave.  But, he grabs her suitcase and brings it in the house.  Chan Young has sent ES a message to meet him, but KT doesn't tell ES.  KT tells ES that she can stay at his place until her friend messages her.  Sec Yoon calls KT and tells him to go to a business meeting with Won, orders from the father.  Bo Na complains to Sec Yoon that Chan Young isn't calling her.  Bo Na arrives at the studio where Hyo Shin entertains 2 fangirls who prepared food for him.  KT dressed up tells ES that he has to go somewhere.  KT takes ES with him because crazy Jay arrives at the house.  At the country club, Madam Han tells ??? (DB says her sister, but I think it's another character's mother)     her woes about living with the Ji Sook.  Madam Han hires as PI, trying to be discreet in the wine cellar, but Hee Nam is also in the room,  An amusing conversation between the two ladies ensues.  KT gives ES to look around, but beware of the coldest looking person around (Won).  The business meeting is at an almond orchard where Won is wooing businessmen.  When KT shows up, Wond's smile disappears and excuses himself to talk to KT.  Won tells KT to follow him.  ES wanders around the orchards where she stumbles upon the brothers.  KT says it's been a long time.  Won asks who told him about the meeting.  Won tells KT that kids are tiresome.  Poor KT tries to tell Won how he's changes.  Won tells KT to leave.  In one of the best scenes, KT deals with Won's rejection, trying not to cry.  ES hears the convo and feel badly for KT.  She approaches KT who is getting wet from the sprinklers.  ES asks KT if he's ok; he replies that he is not.  He asks if she eavesdropped on the convo with Won.  ES tells KT that they would run if KT was in danger. He asks why she didn't because he was in danger in entire time.  KT walks away alone.  On the way home, KT is reflective and quiet.  ES looks at him, worried.  KT tells ES to forget what she saw.  KT and ES wreck the car and become stuck outside town.  Ok, why is ES pushing the car while KT is at the steering wheel; shouldn't it be the other way around?  lol  ES fears they will be killed after watching so many horror movies.  They end up in a motel where KT buys t-shirts "I love California".  KT unbuttons his shirt :heart:.  While eating, KT tells ES that Won is the person he likes most in the world. Too bad Won doesn't feel the same about KT.   KT tells ES to watch him until he falls asleep--haha such a baby.  KT asks ES when she will return to Korea when she finds her friend.  She says ASAP.  KT ends up watching ES sleep.  Arriving back at KT's house, Chan Young finds ES.  ES is ecstatic.  KT becomes angry and storms in his house.  ES thanks KT.  KT asks ES to stay.  It turns out that Chan Young and KT know each other.  Chan Young and ES leave leaving poor KT alone again.  Chan Young tells ES that KT is not a nice guy.  Chan Young and ES have fun, but are yelled at by a jealous Bo Na lol. ES sees an I Love California t-shirt--hmm, I not sure if ES is somewhat intrigued by KT.  The future in laws, Esther and Ji Sook meet, complimenting the kids.  Cut to Young do competing with his father in judo.  His father soundly beats him.  The reason Young Do loses is that he's never beaten his father and he attacks excessively on and off the mat.  We finally see KT and Rachel together shopping or rather Rachel shopping and KT carrying her bags.  KT and Rachel end up at the same restaurant as Chan Young and ES.  Rachel tells ES that she and Chan Young have never spoken before because he's in a lower social class.  We learn that KT is Bo Na's former boyfriend. KT tells Rachel that he always thought she was smart, but she told KT that he is a baby compared to Won. Rachel bumps into Won at the hotel and together they go to Won's mother's grave.  Won's mother was from America and made wine.  One of the wines was called "Won".  Sec Yoon bumps into Rachel's mother and Dong Wook in the elevator.  We learn that Sec Yoon and Esther know each other, romantically.  KT learns that Chan Young is Sec yoon's son.  KT calls Chan Young and asks to talk to ES.  KT stares at his cell willing it to ring.  KT finds ES's socks hanging on the door (why?  to dry?).  KT arrives at Rachel's hotel to take her to the airport.  Rachel asks KT if he will return to Korea.  He replies he wants to but lacks courage.  Rachel hugs KT, KT starts to put his arms around Rachel but stops, and who does he see?  Yup, ES!  End of episode 3!

@msdot:  I'm watching a j-drama about a criminologist.  I think a role such as that might be interesting for LMH, something different.

• Like 4

a604511cgy1fzzmsi4ijjj20vk2bcqka.jpg]

This was posted on weibo by wettedO today. But it was an old Taiwan program aired on 20180912, and sorry that I don't know who she is. She was talking about her school - Kookmin University in Seoul. Her major was performance and lots of celebrities were her seniors or juniors in same school, when MC asked her giving an example for the most famous, she said Lee Hyori and Lee Min Ho.

a604511cgy1fzzmsmd38xj20vk1l7qe8.jpg

MC : Lee Min Ho !!! Really ? My boyfriend.

Guest : When did he become your boy friend ?
MC : He always is.
:lol:

a604511cgy1fzzmsvcqg9j20vk3lpno3.jpg

And then she said one of her friend had met Lee Min Ho in the elevator (in the school), she asked him "Why are you here ?" And LMH answered : "I come here to class." They were chatting a while and after went out the elevator, she cried out. Why ? Because she realized she just chatted with a big star and breathe the same air as him in the elevator.  :lol:

(all pictures credit to wettedO)

Now we know our boy indeed went to the graduate school for his classes.   :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

https://youtu.be/WBKVm87k-6o

Spoiler

I liked it that he asked ES if he likes her, that in Hollywood Love at first sight works. She is surprised that she is in Hollywood. I grew up watching movies made in Hollywood and it seemed so glamorous so the first time I visited LA on a tour and was taken around Hollywood, it was somewhat a let down. It was normal and kind of scary at some areas, not glitzy and glamorous as one would think.

The sign was the only interesting thing. :lol:.

At the theatre, he stares at her intently. It can be disconcerting for ES and she avoids answering him. The rest of the time, he tries to keep her with him and does not want her to leave. Poor lonely KT. He has really fallen hard for her. Rachel is really snarky, and Kim Do fierce. Woo Bin does Kim Do really well but I don't find him good looking. He has a good body though. I prefer Chan Young. I like the part where Chang Young sends out a photo of him and ES and Bo Na called in 3 secs exactly as he predicted. Ha! Ha! He knows his girlfriend and she calls his father Father-in-law.

KT was not very gentlemanly by giving ES the couch instead of the bed. Bad KT.

I also liked the part where he was anxious to see his older brother, expecting to be dismissed like he was but still hoping that his brother might be kind. His hopes were dashed, so hopeful but in the end disappointed.  I liked his deflated look

and trying not to cry as ES watched him in the Almond farm. Wonder why he loves his brother so much when his brother was always mean to him.

"In one of the best scenes, KT deals with Won's rejection, trying not to cry.  ES hears the convo and feel badly for KT.  She approaches KT who is getting wet from the sprinklers.  ES asks KT if he's ok; he replies that he is not.  He asks if she eavesdropped on the convo with Won.  ES tells KT that they would run if KT was in danger. He asks why she didn't because he was in danger in entire time.  KT walks away alone. " Agree with this quote by @CarolynH.

ES and her Hollywood Horror movies fetish. is cute. I also liked when ES said, I should have looked when KT took off his shirt in the motel at California.

• Like 4

9aCf5Vo.gif

Spoiler

Thanks, @CarolynH for the recap and @CallieP for the comments!

hUtSYOw.gif

Kim Tan is now really into Eun Sang; he won't let her go and keeps on making excuses for her to stay.

eeaOjJe.gif

BDr41Wk.gif

5x2wAHS.gif

The scene with Kim Tan dealing with Won's rejection is indeed one of the best scenes. Little brother hopes for hyung's acceptance, but gets heartbroken with his rejection. With the sprinklers, I did not notice Kim Tan's teary eyes at first. But upon rewatching the scene, there was LMH's captivating eyes again expressing all that emotion.

YgieRO0.gif

It's nice of Kim Tan to instinctly protect Eun Sang with his arm when they were about to hit the fallen rocks. Yet he lets her sleep on the couch. I don't know if he's just teasing her. Well, he does tease her, when he unbuttons his shirt infront of her. I must say, he's honing his protective instincts - he grabs her before she was about to fall from the barstool. And catches and cushions her head when she falls asleep.

IBIn5Jm.gif

z0u7t1r.gif

HEh9g1h.gif

WIemFRu.gif

8JU1Uq2.gif

He does not only protect her from physical harm, but also protects her from Rachel's spiteful ways. And I'm glad he could call Rachel out and talk some sense into her.

uKJmgPr.gif

AhzX2J1.gif

TmuOYbv.gif

bS4v084.gif

Of course, Eun Sang and Rachel would be at the airport the same day. Heh. Well, good for lovestruck Kim Tan.

O0EEdrI.gif

• Like 7

LMH in Heirs episode 3:

Thanks @CarolynH @CallieP and @syntyche !!

I agree.  This is a really great scene--my favorite from this episode.  I feel a lot of sympathy for Kim Tan.

tumblr_pm28isAxjH1w2zf0ho1_540.jpg

I think Won is being too harsh, but he has more experience and is more cynical (or realistic?) about the world they live in.  The 1% of the 1% don't live the way the rest of us do.  :mellow:

I like the gleam in his eye.  What is he thinking?  

tumblr_pmpve8qNjs1w2zf0ho1_540.png

• Like 5