Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

12 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Oh okay, thanks so much. Yeah I see that LOTBS is not on my list anymore:tears:.

@backstreetboysfan  and............I wonder if Netflix has raised its subscription prices there in your side.... They did in Singapore. They have increased the prices for all three of its monthly subscription plans. For SIN out there : (pls see below) - These new prices came into effect on Oct 7, 2021.  I guess existing subscribers to some other regions will be notified by email a month before the new prices will become applicable to them in case, for price increase. This is never a pleasant news for us. This is Netflix's second price increase in under two years in Singapore. Here's hoping that this is the last price increase that we will see for a long while. :tears: 

Old price New price
Basic Plan $11.98 $12.98
Standard Plan $15.98 $17.48
Premium Plan $19.98 $21.98
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  and............I wonder if Netflix has raised its subscription prices there in your side.... They did in Singapore. They have increased the prices for all three of its monthly subscription plans. For SIN out there : (pls see below) - These new prices came into effect on Oct 7, 2021.  I guess existing subscribers to some other regions will be notified by email a month before the new prices will become applicable to them in case, for price increase. This is never a pleasant news for us. This is Netflix's second price increase in under two years in Singapore. Here's hoping that this is the last price increase that we will see for a long while.  

Old price New price
Basic Plan $11.98 $12.98
Standard Plan $15.98 $17.48
Premium Plan $19.98 $21.98

@willenette I don't think our plans changed here is mine.

Basic Plan $9.99 CAD

Standard Plan $ 14.99 CAD

Premium Plan 18.99 CAD

Hi - Netflix prices went up in March in the UK

Basic £5.99

Standard £9.99

Premium £13.99 (19.35 USD)

It looks like The Heirs and BOF are safe for now here- but as I’ve mentioned before LOTBS has never been on Netflix here.

When I first became a fan I bought all his 6 main dramas and the 2 films on dvd and I am so pleased now that I did this (through Amazon and eBay

thankfully all good copies and with subtitles) 
I discovered  Viki later and think it’s great value for money.
I already subscribe to Apple+ because of Ted Lasso - but it’s not cheap being a kdrama fan is it?

On another note the latest scandal involving a recently popular kdrama actor really shows that certain standard are expected from their stars in SK doesn’t it.

It must be quite hard to have a private life there- especially with sites like Despatch watching their every move.

• Like 4

"이민호 Lee Min Ho - Is This Love" in YouTube

The little boy who played the younger version of Lee Min Ho in two hit K-dramas has now become a handsome Kpop idol.

The 2009 drama “Boys Over Flower” not only made waves thanks to the main cast, but the child actors also left a strong impression. Among the young cast who played the younger version of F4 in the flashback scenes, the boy who took on the role of Goo Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho) has now become a popular male idol in a major agency of Kpop – YG. He is Jung Chanwoo – iKON’s youngest member.

Spoiler

photo-1-1634706359588886535932.jpeg

The kid on the right played the child version of Goo Jun Pyo in “Boys Over Flowers”…

collage-16347066017861009476011.jpg

Chanwoo (yellow sweater) is “little Lee Min Ho” in “Boys Over Flowers”

Before making his debut in a drama by playing the younger version of the male lead in “Boys Over Flowers”, Chanwoo also appeared in DBSK’s “Balloons” MV. He acted alongside his senior Changmin. In 2013, Chanwoo had another opportunity to star as “little Lee Min Ho” when he played the teenage version of the character Kim Tan in the highschool series “The Heirs”.

photo-1-16347069710601560707833.jpg

He also played the role of teenage Lee Min Ho in the drama The Heirs ...

https://kbizoom.com/ikons-chanwoo-the-child-actor-who-played-little-lee-min-ho-twice-once-considered-unnecessary-in-his-group/

• Like 4

A handsome portrait of Lee Min Ho's father, a real estate millionaire in South Korea

Jasmine Seppiani
- October 20, 2021

FCM-h-XWUAEspOT?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min Ho / /Instagram.com/@actorleeminho

JakTimNews.com - Lee Min Ho's success as a well-known actor in Korea has garnered a lot of international attention.

Many people admire his beautiful appearance and extraordinary appearance.

Lee Min Ho's fans are known to be very big, especially fans in the international market.

This is what keeps many fans interested in the life this handsome actor lives.

Moreover, Li Ming Guo's family never had any information.

However, as reported by lovekpop95, Lee Min Ho's family photo has been leaked.

The portrait of his father managed to attract the attention of many people.

4196654387.jpeg

Plus, Lee Min Ho's mother and sister are very beautiful.

Even the news that Lee Min Ho's father is a real estate millionaire in Korea.

Lee Min Ho's father is a businessman who does not like publicity, which is why he is rarely seen with Lee Min Ho.

There is no doubt that Lee Min Ho's parents are millionaires in the real estate sector in Korea.

It is reported that in 2017, Lee Min Ho bought a luxury villa worth $ 3.4 million, or 48 billion rupees, for his parents.

However, the official business of his parents is still in question for fans.

Lee Min Ho also has an older sister named Lee Yoon Jung.

Lee Yoon Jong also works in the Korean entertainment industry.

Lee Yoon Jung is known to be the CEO of MYM Entertainment, Lee Min Ho's agency.

Lee Min Ho's beautiful portrait of his mother and sister also managed to catch the attention of the public.

Spoiler

loat-anh-hiem-cua-me-va-chi-gai-lee-min-

loat-anh-hiem-cua-me-va-chi-gai-lee-min-

89915063fedcfe9701ed8a5c92d264d3.jpg

Lee Min Ho's family portrait / lovekpop95

Lee Min Ho's mother said that Lee Min Ho is slightly taller than other children of his age.

As a child, Lee Min Ho also ate little.

However, he spoke 3-4 months earlier than the average child. (JTN)

Translation from Indonesian google

https://jaktimnews.pikiran-rakyat.com/infotainment/pr-892840347/potret-tampan-ayah-lee-min-ho-yang-seorang-jutawan-real-estate-di-korea-selatan

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi - Netflix prices went up in March in the UK

Basic £5.99

Standard £9.99

Premium £13.99 (19.35 USD)

It looks like The Heirs and BOF are safe for now here- but as I’ve mentioned before LOTBS has never been on Netflix here.

When I first became a fan I bought all his 6 main dramas and the 2 films on dvd and I am so pleased now that I did this (through Amazon and eBay

thankfully all good copies and with subtitles) 
I discovered  Viki later and think it’s great value for money.
I already subscribe to Apple+ because of Ted Lasso - but it’s not cheap being a kdrama fan is it?

On another note the latest scandal involving a recently popular kdrama actor really shows that certain standard are expected from their stars in SK doesn’t it.

It must be quite hard to have a private life there- especially with sites like Despatch watching their every move.

@Lindyloo421 very right you are - South Korea is famous for expecting its celebrities to have spotless personal records. So when actors get involved in messy divorces, drunk driving, bullying or other scandals, it’s not unusual for the brands they endorsed to cut ties, or for TV shows they starred in to replace them. Even if the accusations aren’t proven, management companies take drastic steps in preemptive damage control, quickly distancing themselves from any negative impressions. Married celebrities get served “divorce clauses” in their acting series contracts, where they will supposedly pay a fine if they get divorced while the show is still airing. So, a tarnished personal record is a big no-no in the Korean entertainment industry. Koreans have a strong tendency to take sides. It's reflected in how they react to celebrity scandals spread on social media. So when an unpleasant issue surfaces, people are quick to come together to voice their opinions on the matter. So, TV networks and businesses respond by cutting ties like canceling advertising deals with celebrities to distance themselves from negative opinions. In my opinion, it's a bad thing. They should focus on what the scandal is about, like if it's a criminal charge or if it's a personal issue. Right now, there are no boundaries to such scandals… they should keep an eye out for what's appropriate. What's hilarious is - Dating is considered a scandal in the K-pop industry because of the mindset of some fans that think they “own" their idol. :sweet:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Home care brand LBB, Daimaru Department Store in Japan.

High-end home care brand LBB (La Boutique Blue) announced that it will start targeting overseas markets in earnest, starting with the entry of Daimaru Department Store in Tokyo, Japan. 

LBB is scheduled to enter Daimaru Tokyo, a department store located at Tokyo Station on the 20th, followed by Nagoya Matsuzakaya and Daimaru Shinsaibashi. Matsuzakaya Nagoya branch is a department store under Daimaru, which boasts the largest store area in Japan, and Daimaru Shinsaibashi branch is also a major department store.

The company explained that it was an unusual achievement in about a month after the launch of LBB in September and the selection of actor Lee Min-ho as a muse.

Lee Soo-jin, CEO of LBB, said, "We are happy to be officially recognized for LBB brand and product power in Japan through the entry of Daimaru Department Store, a global major market. We plan to raise K-beauty's status in various global markets starting with this entry into Japan."

https://www.sentv.co.kr/news/view/603248

spacer.png

• Like 4

6 beautiful Korean drama actor names

Friday, 22 October 2021

Lee Min Ho

617260b73cce8-lee-min-ho_663_372.jpg

The prettiest Korean actor to star in the Heirs is really popular with dragon lovers from all over the world. Lee Min Ho is the king of Korean dramas who drives all women crazy with his figure. High posture and handsome face make Lee Min Ho the idol of all women.

He just starred in her latest drama, King Eternal Monarch, which made a splash among viewers. In the drama, Lee Min Ho bumped into filming with Kim Go Eun. Lee Min Ho, who plays the Korean royal emperor who loves women from a parallel world.

His acting in Lee Min Ho's drama "The Eternal Monarch King" made the audience melt. When he rides a horse, it makes Lee Mi Ho's beautiful aura even more unusual and charming. The actor, born on June 22, 1987, successfully graduated from Konkuk University with a degree in art... 

Lee Min Ho's success in The Eternal Monarch King earned him the 2020 SBS Drama Awards Best Miniseries Category for his role as King Lee Gong in The Eternal Monarch King.

Translation from Indonesian google

https://www.intipseleb.com/korea/22026-6-nama-aktor-korea-tertampan-versi-drama-korea?page=3

• Like 5

Wait a minute.  The same actor played the younger LMH in BOF and Heirs?  I didn't know that!  Speaking of which, now that some of us are losing Heirs on Netflix, we are switching gears to start Heirs (yay found one with the infamous wetsuit woo hoo :partyblob:

cr: SBS via Andrea Y

@willenette Thanks for the info about licensing.  But here's what I don't understand.  I don't recall either Viki or the late Dramafever losing shows because the end of the license. 

Here's another thing I don't understand.  I find it interesting that LBB will begin marketing internationally beginning with Japan given how the two countries feel about each other.  

@Lindyloo421 Is your DVD of Faith PMP Entertainment?  At first, my DVD was fine, but now I can't watch certain episodes.  Maybe I wore it out from watching it too much?:tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Hi- CarolynH - in answer to your question my dvd of Faith is PMP;

so is City Hunter and Personal Taste. So far no problem with them.

I wanted to thank Willenette - I learn so much about SK from her posts. 

I have asked this question on the Pachinko thread but will ask it on here as well- I keep  reading about Apple TV talking with SK Telecoms- does anyone know who they are and why would Apple talk to them?

Another question - if you were marooned on a desert island and could only have one LMH drama with you which one would you pick? For me it would have to be LOTBS with City Hunter a close second.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I have asked this question on the Pachinko thread but will ask it on here as well- I keep  reading about Apple TV talking with SK Telecoms- does anyone know who they are and why would Apple talk to them?

Another question - if you were marooned on a desert island and could only have one LMH drama with you which one would you pick? For me it would have to be LOTBS with City Hunter a close second.

@Lindyloo421 SK Telecom is a South Korean wireless telecommunications operator; it is part of the SK Group, one of the country's largest chaebols. SK Telecom is South Korea's largest wireless carrier. As far as I know, Apple is reportedly discussing a potential partnership with SK Telecom to ask for a support in distribution of Apple TV+ content in the country. We know that the premium Apple streaming service is not currently available in South Korea. So, Apple is looking into establishing content distribution partnerships in the region. Currently, Netflix dominates the streaming industry in South Korea, and Disney+ is eyeing a launch in the country. As of now, I hear that SK Telecom is reportedly pursuing a partnership with Apple TV+ to provide original films and shows to its customers. The partnership could see an Apple TV+ subscription bundled with SK Telecom carrier plans, similar to collaborations in the U.S. between Verizon and Disney+. SK Telecom has partnered with Apple in the past, the reason why they were able to bring the iPhone4 to South Korea some years ago. :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Wait a minute.  The same actor played the younger LMH in BOF and Heirs?  I didn't know that!  Speaking of which, now that some of us are losing Heirs on Netflix, we are switching gears to start Heirs (yay found one with the infamous wetsuit woo hoo :partyblob:

@willenette Thanks for the info about licensing.  But here's what I don't understand.  I don't recall either Viki or the late Dramafever losing shows because the end of the license. 

Here's another thing I don't understand.  I find it interesting that LBB will begin marketing internationally beginning with Japan given how the two countries feel about each other.  

@Lindyloo421 Is your DVD of Faith PMP Entertainment?  At first, my DVD was fine, but now I can't watch certain episodes.  Maybe I wore it out from watching it too much?:tounge_wink:

@CarolynH of course, shows expire on Viki. They acquire licensing rights for TV shows and movies for a certain period of time, not indefinitely. It's just that sometimes they can't acquire a global license. The reason why they can't get most of their shows the license while the content is airing on TV. This means they're only able to show certain shows in select regions or countries, or show it when the content is no longer on TV in its home country. In some cases, another company may have exclusive rights to certain countries for a certain period of time, after which it's the only time that they can get these shows. They had shows that flopped in their home country, but found millions of fans on Viki. As you can see, globally licensing content is a complicated process — the reason why they introduced Viki Pass Standard and Viki Pass Plus so, the shows are first made available to subscribers of these plans. You see, typically, to license content is quite a long process, discussions start a month or more ahead of a show’s airing date, sometimes discussions lasted for over a year. It can take a while because there are many details, including which countries to stream, when, for how long and on which platforms — Like on Viki's case, they are allowing fans to subtitle the content. ( the fact is they rely on volunteers, which most do 3 or 4 episodes of maybe two shows then quit, & leave rest without subtitle, then falsely mark as Subtitled.) Rakuten Viki legally licenses all of its content. And TV stations & Producers sell licenses to the highest bidder. :sweet:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Thanks for the info about licensing.  But here's what I don't understand.  I don't recall either Viki or the late Dramafever losing shows because the end of the license. 

I don't know about Korean but Chinese shows do end up leaving the platform if License ends on Viki, my fav shows did after few months when I wanted to do a rewatch :D 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I think I would pick CH first, LOTBS second.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Good question @Lindyloo421  For me LOTBS definitely first.  I have to think about 2nd-maybe BOF.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

For that desert a island - I will have Faith first and Heirs second- Faith because I really love LMH’s portrayal of the General and the love and trust between the leads.  The only second leads I have ever liked in KDrama are the King and Queen. Faith is heart tugging while Heirs is breezy. 

hope you have a good weekend as well! 

• Like 4

Lee Min Ho and Hyun Bin are neighbors, take a peek at the two luxury apartments

spacer.png

Two popular South Korean actors , Lee Min Ho and Hyun Bin, apparently live in the same neighborhood.

The stars of The King: Eternal Monarch and Crash Landing On You are enjoying the high life in one of the most expensive properties in Seoul.

This luxury high-rise apartment located in the Heukseok-dong neighborhood offers panoramic views of the city.

Through a news program on the Korean variety show TMI News via Metro Style, one of the episodes featured Mark Hills.

It was previously known to the public that Lee Min Ho and Hyun Bin did occupy the apartment complex.

The spacious residence that reportedly has only two units on each floor offers stunning views of the Seoul skyline.

In this level dubbed 'The Residence of the Stars', only a handful of celebrities are able to reside in the location.

Hyun Bin and Lee Min Ho share the same residential address as Jang Dong gun, Go So Young, Krystal Jung, Jessica Jung and also Big Bang's Daesung.

The convenient location and exclusive and luxurious property features combined with tight security facilities make Mark Hills truly ideal for the elite.

No wonder, these two top-class actors chose the location of the residence because the facilities provided were indeed very classy.

If you're in South Korea, maybe you'll be lucky to see these two top actors around this luxury apartment complex .

If you're lucky, maybe you'll get to see Hyun Bin and Lee Min Ho in person!

https://jaktimnews.pikiran-rakyat.com/internasional/pr-892861089/lee-min-ho-dan-hyun-bin-ternyata-tetanggaan-loh-intip-apartemen-mewah-keduanya?page=3

spacer.png

I'd also choose LOTBS to watch if in a deserted island.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1