Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Netflix: 3 Korean Dramas Starring Lee Min-ho That Will Make You Fall In Love

Lee MinHo is one of the most popular Korean actors and Netflix has worked with him; here are the k-dramas that you can see on the platform

One of the most popular Korean actors internationally is Lee Min-Ho . Many of his k-dramas have crossed borders and have even been dubbed in different languages, such as Spanish. Now thanks to Netflix , his followers can enjoy his work, as his best dramas are in the platform's catalog. 

The 34-year-old actor will soon make his Hollywood debut as he will appear on the Apple TV series  Pachinko. This story is based on a book with the same title which tells the story of forbidden love that transforms into a dramatic saga that travels from Korea to Japan and the United States . 

Meanwhile, his previous work can be found on Netflix, including his latest Korean drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," which was launched in 2020 on the streaming platform and marked his successful return to television after completing his military service. 

Boys Over Flowers

" Boys over flowers " was the drama that launched him to fame because with his character as Gu Jun Pyo, leader of the F4 and successor of the Shinhwa Company, he conquered the hearts of several young people and won the trust of producers and critics. 

The plot centers on  Geum Jan Di,  a humble girl who receives a scholarship from a prestigious school. The girl becomes the target of the F4 and the other students of the school, until Jun Pyo falls in love with her. However, the young man will have to compete against his best friend Yoon Ji Hoo for the love of Jan Di. 

The Heirs

Lee Min-ho's good appearance has given him the roles of wealthy young people, such as in "The Heirs" where he plays  Kim Tan,  the heir to the Jeguk Group and who is forced to live in the United States because his older brother wants to stay with the family business. 

During his stay in the American continent, he meets Cha Eun Sang , who goes in search of his sister and who turns out to be the daughter of his family's housekeeper in Korea. Realizing that he is in love with the young woman, he returns to his country and begins to study at a prestigious school, where she also attends. 

The King: Eternal Monarch

Netflix cast Lee Min-ho to star in one of its original Korean dramas. This is a fantasy story about parallel worlds. In one world lives Lee Gon, the emperor of the Kingdom of Korea, while in the other is the detective Jung Tae Eul, who together with the king solves a series of crimes that involve the two worlds. 

https://heraldodemexico.com.mx/espectaculos/2021/7/23/netflix-dramas-coreanos-protagonizados-por-lee-min-ho-que-te-van-enamorar-319040.html

The 17 Best K-Dramas To Stream On Netflix Right Now

If you’re looking to expand your Netflix queue, consider a foray into K-dramas. After all, Korean content has been dominating the entertainment industry recently. Whether you’re already a fan or new to the genre, Netflix offers a wide range of K-drama titles to suit whatever you’re in the mood for — be it action, horror, comedy, or romance, the cornerstone of K-drama.

There’s much to love about K-dramas: the innovative meet-cutes, the subtlety and slow build of romance, and the endless fashion and K-beauty inspiration. Plus, with titles set against the backdrop of Seoul’s vibrant sights, viewers can do some vicarious traveling. Here are 17 Korean dramas streaming on Netflix. To paraphrase Parasite director Bong Joon-ho at the 2020 Golden Globes, don’t let subtitles get in the way.

The Inheritors

Also known as The Heirs, The Inheritors (2013), set in both Los Angeles and South Korea, follows a group of privileged high school students who also happen to be heirs to the biggest Korean conglomerates. There’s glitz, there’s glamor, and there’s K-drama lead veteran Lee Min-ho. When he moves to L.A., the already engaged Kim Tan (Lee) meets Cha Eun-sang (Park Shin-hye), his housekeeper’s tenacious daughter. Despite having his future all planned out, he has to choose whether to keep his South Korean fortune or allow himself to fall in love with someone unexpected. The series, written by Kim Eun-sook, and its actors bagged several awards.

Boys Over Flowers

The series that cemented Lee Min-ho’s status as a K-drama lead, the 2009 classic Boys Over Flowers is a high-school set romance following F4, a group of privileged boys at an elite school who, yes, named their pack. But bullying from their leader (Lee) has no effect on newcomer Geum Jan-di (Ku Hye-sun), and when she stands up to him, he (surprise, surprise) falls in love. Will he change his mean ways? Will she return his affection? Who named them F4? So many questions. A remake of the Taiwanese megahit Meteor Garden (2001), the series became an instant hit in South Korea.

https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/netflix-korean-dramas-stream

• Like 6

On 7/21/2021 at 3:27 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Does anyone else here have the Reddit app. If so it’s worth reading 

the topic Lee Min Ho Birthday as a contributor on there worked as an extra on Pachinko in Canada. I’m not sure if I am allowed to quote on here but she says some interesting things!

I got my apple tv+ renewal email today- it showed various shows coming up 

(one of them in November) so I got in touch with their customer service to check that Pachinko would be shown in the UK and it will - I also asked if they had a release date but they don’t. 
If they are going to do a lot of pre-release publicity and/or are getting deals 

with countries like Russia (re Syntyche’s post in Pachinko forum) then maybe they are holding on to Pachinko until the agreements are in. I wish we had at least some idea if it will be shown this year.

Thank you to Syntyche,and  Nina-mitrokhina for keeping us up to date with their posts- it’s great to be able to read about him even if he is not very visible!

Since you can't post the link, you can tell us the interesting things she said, it should not be a problem.  You may copy and paste the reddit and give her credit (if you copy from Reddit.)  Do share, we are interested.  Thanks!

• Like 3

Syntyche thank you for posting “ Netflix the 3 LMH dramas that will make fall in love “. BOF was my first LMH drama and I really liked him in that- but that orchard scene in Heirs where he stands there with wet hair and tears in his eyes- OMG  I couldn’t get over how handsome he was- and have never got over it since!!!
Whilst  we have this seemingly endless wait for Pachinko I was wondering 

what the OMG moment was for other people on this forum.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

40 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Syntyche thank you for posting “ Netflix the 3 LMH dramas that will make fall in love “. BOF was my first LMH drama and I really liked him in that- but that orchard scene in Heirs where he stands there with wet hair and tears in his eyes- OMG  I couldn’t get over how handsome he was- and have never got over it since!!!

@Lindyloo421, 'Pachinko' seems like a :"difficult to find" thing to us! Everything about it has remained so highly secret & confidential that we are curious to find more details about the upcoming drama. The last news I heard about it was actor Han Joon Woo will  be joining the drama. This will mark his second collaboration with Lee Min Ho where they worked together before in 'Gangnam Blues'. He has been roped in to play the role of Joseph, a hard-working factory worker who

lives in Ikaino, Osaka. There is no official release date yet.    :rubchin:

• Like 6

Check Out Lee Min-Ho's Top Dramas And Movies You Have To Watch

The Veteran actor is considered as one of the most famous amongst all others in the Korean movie industry.

b8352aa9bc1f50ca7a809d432de27f06?quality

He has featured in so many Movies,which he left his fans in awe with his exceptional talent. Over the years many Nigerians has started developing interests in Korean Movies,with Lee Min-Ho as the central figure of this new inclination.

0a8c55dc84cb60e91fa1d534c1c14c77?quality

Over here in Nigeria, He has managed to sweep most Nigerian ladies over heels in love with him due to his exceptional beauty and skill in acting.He is indeed a very dexterous actor. Over the years, he has featured in both action and Romantic Movies. The Romantic aspect is what he has used to capture the heart of most Nigerian Ladies .Below are some his very interesting movies;

1.Bounty Hunters

Spoiler

e32369af81631b630d742e5ff48eae52?quality

63d85a6e3872e1ba54d3ca64112047ef?quality

2. Gangnam Blues

Spoiler

619504fe18ea5aae142a8b4cecdf4bda?quality

a4d58667885d424431bb184b18b298ef?quality

3. Boys Over Flowers

Spoiler

ad46e64855c9dfc14f4e9d147bdf2998?quality

d11c1a21dd830483372c2e1e82c1f89e?quality

4. Personal Taste

Spoiler

aba5dea48f89ddd94220e26d74289159?quality

7d3ac698d4798ecb2e3613d2f2538631?quality

5. City Hunter

Spoiler

aa32825d470d54bf631960d170fc32e9?quality

86a4eb8759827e8003898598021614d6?quality

6. The Heirs

Spoiler

1accf8a3d6433d6dc53dd064f6e966fa?quality

bcf45d539f5c763598c6c344a25c1349?quality

7. The Legend Of The Blue Sea

Spoiler

6e9bcf72834b39af6005a527affeeb6d?quality

2cb49467c72374f97240413ae66c38e0?quality

https://za.opera.news/za/en/entertainment/a365e2cd2633bef755fd78e61db56855

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Good question @Lindyloo421.  I think there's an OMG moment in all his dramas.  My first drama was Faith.  I thought he was good looking when I first saw him, but wasn't really interested until he was stabbed and in pain lol.  TKEM OMG moment--the first trailer.  He looked so incredibly handsome.  I'm sure my mouth was wide open 

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Friends

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

Ranking of 20 best Korean dramas of all time voted by the audience

Recently, a vote on "The best Korean dramas of all time" on the Ranker site has attracted the attention of a large audience. With the participation of nearly 150,000 people and more than 1.7 million votes, the top 20 best Korean dramas of all time have gradually revealed themselves after more than a month of opening the voting portal.

The Heirs (Heirs)

spacer.png

The Heir is an SBS drama released in 2013 with the participation of Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin

The Legend Of The Blue Sea

spacer.png

This features Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho

https://saostar.vn/dien-anh/bxh-20-bo-phim-truyen-hinh-han-quoc-hay-nhat-moi-thoi-dai-do-khan-gia-202107250848533921.html

• Like 5

The Best Korean Dramas on Netflix to Watch Right Now

A guide to some of the Korean sci-fi, horror, supernatural, crime thrillers, dramas and comedies available to stream on Netflix

By Kayti Burt

South Korea is one of the world’s biggest exporters of popular culture. From K-pop to K-dramas, Parasite to BTS, the East Asian country knows how to reach an international audience. Korean TV, especially K-dramas, have long been of interest to western markets, but it’s no longer just the Korean diaspora or romance drama fans underserved by western markets checking out K-dramas, international watchers of Korean dramas have become much more “mainstream” in the last few years, especially with Netflix’s increased focus and investment in the region.

Netflix has played a major role in this expansion of Korean TV into the global market. The streamer has not only scooped up an impressive backlog of Korean originals as a global distributor, but, since 2016, has been investing in the Korean TV industry at the production level. At the beginning of 2021, Netflix released an official statement announcing the leasing of two production facilities outside of Seoul, citing the move as “another important example of our continued commitment to investing in Korea’s creative ecosystem.” According to the release, from 2015 to 2020, Netflix invested over 700 million dollars in Korean content. The company also has multi-year content partnerships with CJ ENM/Studio Dragon and JTBC.

Suffice to say, Netflix has a solid Korean TV section, filled with some of the best K-dramas around, both new and old. If you’re new to the world of Korean TV or if you’re simply looking for your next watch, why not try out one of the following…

Boys Over Flowers (2009)

Boys Over Flowers - Boys Over Flowers aka Boys Before Flowers: Highlights (Official)

Unassuming high school girl Jan-di stands up to — and eventually falls for — a spoiled rich kid who belongs to the school’s most powerful clique.

A K-drama classic, Boys Over Flowers follows working class student Geum Jan-di as she arrives at the elite Shinhwa High School on scholarship, only to meet and be unimpressed by a group of privileged boys known collectively as F4 who rule the school. The drama follows Jan-di as she goes from bullying target of F4 leader Jun-pyo to the object of his obsession. It’s a classic enemies-to-lovers set-up, and one that while cliche, is still worth a watch over a decade later... 

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/best-korean-dramas-netflix/

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Boys Over Flowers could be very different, would it have another protagonist?

Sunday 25th July 2021

medium_2021-07-25-72fd49959f.jpg

Hana Yori Dango’s story came to Korean entertainment with the drama Boys Over Flowers, but maybe you didn’t know that the production planned something different for the episodes.

When it comes to a adaptation, there are many things that can change in the plot, some characters may not be included or maybe new ones appear, the scenes can vary significantly and the characters can even be given a different direction and that was about to happen in this popular K-Drama.

Boys Over Flowers recreated the love triangle that takes place in the manga and that we have seen in other versions around Asia. The dynamics of the characters are usually the same, the protagonist is in love with the boy with the best personality in the F4 and at the same time she faces the leader of this group of friends, but suddenly she is involved in a great dilemma and her heart chooses this last character.

In the korean version, this boy was Jun Pyo, a character played by Lee Min Ho, but the youth love story was designed to have a change and the protagonist would transform.

Jun Pyo or Ji Hoo? The main character of Boys Over Flowers

In addition to a great cast, the drama was developed with Jun Ki Sang directing and Yoon Yi Ryun in the script, when they revealed details of the plans they had for this story they gave the fans a big surprise, because the romance in Boys are better than flowers it was going to be very different.

It is said that for this adapted version the option of converting to Ji Hoo in the hero, so in the end he would probably succeed in his mission to win over Jan Di and stay by her side.

Accordingly, that would be the reason why special attention was paid to the planning of the scenes of Jan Di and Ji Hoo, characters who were played by Goo Hye Sun Y Kim Hyun Joong respectively.

In the end they chose to stick to the original story and the result captivated us, but better tell us, who did you want the protagonist of this to stay with?

https://today.in-24.com/entertainment/celebrities/amp/81437

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/23/2021 at 1:07 PM, Jiyuu said:

But there's something special in Faith that once I got through the first 7-8 episodes (I almost stopped watching completely), I slowly started enjoying their interactions more and by the end of the series I loved his pairing with Kim Hee Sun so much that I'm planning to watch it again. I wonder if anyone here enjoyed Faith as much? 

Oh goodness yes, @Jiyuu!  It's the first LMH drama I saw and I've watched it umpteen times. Still watch it. He is just fabulous in it and it's such an incredibly sweet romance.  Have you checked out the Faith thread?  It's the longest series thread on Soompi. 

If you want to read the story it's also available at: https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61317304

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

11 hours ago, msdot said:

Oh goodness yes, @Jiyuu!  It's the first LMH drama I saw and I've watched it umpteen times. Still watch it. He is just fabulous in it and it's such an incredibly sweet romance.  Have you checked out the Faith thread?  It's the longest series thread on Soompi. 

If you want to read the story it's also available at: https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61317304

Welcome @Jiyuu, yes sweet romance.  The romance was the thing that made this drama so loved and he gets more and more fans watching this.  As msdot said, check Soompi Faith , it has the record for the most pages over 4000 pages, a record.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:03 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

My OMG moment was CH, he was on the elephant and then several years later in South Korea by the statue.  He is most romantic in Faith.  He love is just so straight forward, no games, no guile, just honest love.  No wonder all the females fell for the general Choy Yong

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/25/2021 at 1:03 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

spacer.png

@Lindyloo421, indeed, the orchard scene was an OMG moment for The Heirs! He just have that power to draw you in.

In LOTBS, an OMG moment was when Dam Ryeong arrived at the village and had a banquet with the nobleman. Swoon!

In our BOF rewatch earlier, I mentioned that my OMG moment for BOF was when he waited out in the cold that long for Jandi. That heartwarming gesture signified the change that is to happen to the great Jun Pyo. 

7 FIRST KISSES, THE DRAMA WITH LEE MIN HO AND MORE

'7 First Kisses' is one of those unmissable dramas for its romantic and magical plot, and also for its ensemble cast.

To give you an idea of the celebrities that appeared in the K-drama, we will start with Lee Min Ho known as the King of Hallyu for his popularity, series and successful films.

The drama with Lee Jong Suk Lee Min Ho, Lee Joon Gi, Park Hae Jin, Ji Chang Wook Taecyeon Kai, Lee Cho Hee, and Choi Ji Woo was for Lotte Duty Free Store promotions and quickly became quite a success.

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/7-first-kisses-el-drama-con-lee-min-ho-lee-jong-suk-y-mas-20210725-0006.html

8 AMAZING FANTASY DRAMAS YOU CAN WATCH ON VIKI

The legend of the Blue Sea

Don't miss out on this incredible drama starring today's highly acclaimed actor Lee Min Ho.

spacer.png

https://www.nacionrex.com/8-asombros-dramas-de-fantasia-que-puedes-ver-en-viki-t202107250005.html

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 10:09 AM, nina_mitrokhina said:

Asian male god Lee Min Ho was re-elected as global representative of Zhengguanzhuang for the third time

2021-07-21 Pan Miao Instagram

The Asian male god Lee Min Ho was well known for the Korean version of Meteor Garden. Later, "The Heirs," "The King: Eternal Monarch," and other representative Korean dramas won the hearts of all Asian women and established worldwide fame. the status of the male gods of the Korean drama. Popularity has not declined for 15 years, and the number of followers on Instagram has even exceeded 25 million, which is almost equal to the total population of Taiwan! Lee Min Ho not only attracted a lot of attention with theatrical performances, but was also frequently invited to numerous international boutique events.

At the beginning of the year, it was shown in the latest fashion advertisement for the Tambour Street Diver watch of the French boutique LOUIS VUITTON (LV). Oppa was handsome and unstoppable. Easy familiar charm, growing popularity and strong ability to wear goods also won the favor of Zhengguanzhuang, the world's first ginseng brand. And again he united with the main god-man of Asia Li Ming. Huo and has been the Zhengguanzhuang representative all over the world for three years in a row. As of Q2 2021, Taiwan Zhengguanzhuang.com Lutong Road's explosive growth rate reached 132%, a testament to the trust and love of Taiwanese consumers in Zhengguanzhuang!

For the third time, the Asian male god Li Ming Ho became the global representative of Zhengguanzhuang. Zhengguanzhuang's full channel sales growth in the first half of 2021 increased by 150%.

The title of the strongest bearer of Lee Minho remains unchanged.

Taiwan Zhengguanzhuang leads the world. This is exclusive news that for the first time reveals the latest news about Lee Min Ho that fans are most excited about, and announces several of Lee Min Ho's latest fashion photos and side shots. In the new ad, Oppa Lee Min Ho lightly slaps Zhengguanzhuang "Korean Ginseng Essence ALWAYS" that circulates in his hands.

The male god has a strong aura. This time, Lee Min Ho turned into a photo of a dreamy prince in a white suit showing cool and stylish style. In addition, a series of photos of Lee Min Ho wearing a long pink T-look gave fans a welcoming, pillow-like look. Lee Min Ho has a 360-degree view. With a graceful face in a blind corner,

Zhengguanzhuang has truly made fans around the world happy! Entering modern life with a new lifestyle, Chongwangjang and Minho Oppa will work together to protect the health of ginseng consumers!

Reveal hidden contents

zheng0721-04.jpg

Taiwan Zhengguanzhuang leads the world. This is the first exclusive to reveal the latest Lee Min Ho news that fans care about the most. Oppa, who has a series of beautiful photographs, lightly slaps Zhengguanzhuang's "Korean Ginseng ALWAYS" in the latest ad, exuding a powerful male spirit between gestures.

For the fifth time in a row this year, Euromonitor International Ltd, the world's # 1 selling ginseng brand, is driven by the charm of Asia's premier male god, Lee Min Ho. Not only is it deeply loved by Taiwanese consumers, but the various promotional products sold are even more impressive.

In 2020, Zhengguanzhuang's star product 'Korea Ginseng Extract EVERYTIME Series' sold over 13 million packs, and Live Ginseng 28D sales, which immediately regained viability, surpassed 3.7 million bottles, as well as the updated Live Ginseng formula. ... 28D PLUS '' sold over 1.9 million packs. Zhengguanzhuang Quantong's sales growth in the first half of 2021 increased by 150%, indicating that Lee Min Ho's title as the strongest carrier is still not falling.

Reveal hidden contents

zheng0721-01.jpg

The Asian male god Lee Min Ho hopes that everyone can take good care of themselves and use Zhengguanzhuang to protect their health and strengthen their defenses. Looking forward to meeting fans in Taiwan in the near future!

Asian god Li Ming Ho, who was the global ambassador of Zhengguanzhuang for the third time, said, “It is a great honor and pleasure for me to continue serving as the global ambassador of Zhengguanzhuang in 2021. Thanks to the fans who love me for your support and trust along the way. I also hope that I can continue to bring more sparks to Zhengguanzhuang. I hope everyone will cherish this and look forward to meeting Taiwanese fans in the near future! Before that, everyone should cheer and use Zhengguanzhuang to protect their health with me! "

For more details on Lee Min Ho's favorite products and exclusive graphic photos, please visit Zhengguanzhuang's official shopping website: https://www.kgcshop.com.tw/

2021 Exclusive Video of Zhengguanzhuang Global Spokesperson Lee Min Ho (YouTube)

Translation from Chinese google

https://www.stufftaiwan.com/2021/07/21/亞洲男神李敏鎬三度連任正官庄全球代言人廣告花/

@nina_mitrokhina, thanks for sharing this. So, this year marks his 3rd year. This product must be in good hands. The latest batch of CF stills are so COOL! He looks so good. :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

37 minutes ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina, thanks for sharing this. So, this year marks his 3rd year. This product must be in good hands. The latest batch of CF stills are so COOL! He looks so good. :partyblob:

@willenette, I'm glad you liked this news too. It's great that Lee Min Ho will continue to promote the ginseng infusion. I like this beautiful advertisement, especially since the ginseng root is very useful - it helps with a breakdown and strengthens the body.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart326, @agenth, @Lmangla 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1