Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Well said Heretorant - totally agree with you. This is an incredible opportunity for him and I personally would love to see him and Pachinko win Emmys and Golden Globes . We all know he considers very carefully what projects he does and if he opts to do Series 2 we should all support him.

• Blob 4

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I’m confused, what’s all this fuzz about not wanting season 2? We haven’t even seen season 1 yet so why are we so upset if he’s part of season 2? Why do I feel like we’ve already casted Pachinko to the side? Half of you seem to dislike it already. 

I have a feeling things will be different if it turns out to be a huge success. 

I don’t mind him being part of season 2. If this show becomes a hit, the more he’s part of it, the better. I’ve also said this before but Pachinko is a highly acclaimed novel and I have hopes the show will be the same. It’s about time lmh acts in something potentially critically acclaimed and perhaps go on to get nominated for prestigious awards. Apple TV plus seems to strive for the emmys and I’m almost certain Pachinko is one of the shows they’ve invested in in hopes to win. 

Screen time may matter more to some of you but to me, quality of project is more important. Pachinko has all the potential. I hope they go on to get nominated and, even better, win some awards! 

When he returns to Korea, I’ll gladly welcome him with open arms but until then, I’m going to focus my energy on manifesting the success of Pachinko. 

Because We are talking according to book , actually Hansu character doesn't seem attractive to me and he has little secreen time. I want LMH plays more attractive different characters. Also you said we didn't watch even S1 , if it will be successful so it is good maybe we will talk and want S2 but if it won't be successful ? What will happen? He will spend almost 2 years for 2S . He can shoot 16 EPs drama in 6 months. But they shot just 8 Eps in 6 moths. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I’m confused, what’s all this fuzz about not wanting season 2? We haven’t even seen season 1 yet so why are we so upset if he’s part of season 2? Why do I feel like we’ve already casted Pachinko to the side? Half of you seem to dislike it already. 

I don’t mind him being part of season 2. If this show becomes a hit, the more he’s part of it, the better. I’ve also said this before but Pachinko is a highly acclaimed novel and I have hopes the show will be the same. It’s about time lmh acts in something potentially critically acclaimed and perhaps go on to get nominated for prestigious awards. Apple TV plus seems to strive for the emmys and I’m almost certain Pachinko is one of the shows they’ve invested in in hopes to win. 

Screen time may matter more to some of you but to me, quality of project is more important. Pachinko has all the potential. I hope they go on to get nominated and, even better, win some awards! 

When he returns to Korea, I’ll gladly welcome him with open arms but until then, I’m going to focus my energy on manifesting the success of Pachinko. 

Agree. Quality is much important than quantity. It’s significant step that LMH take a leading role in a Global TV Series. During the shoot-time in Canada, LMH has show how charming & attractive he is.  Hope to see LMH and PACHINKO win at Emmy Awards, BAFTA Award … etc.

LMH deserve to be an international superstar, not only as a K-Wave actor. 
No matter is Pachinko II or other TV or Movie, believe Minho’s choice is the BEST. :fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, Mui Mui said:

Yes, this second time in 2021. Global Minoz team win the KKing vote on March & April, which awarded the NY Times Square AD on end-Apr to celebrate Minho’s 15th debut anniversary, and this time end-May post to celebrate Minho’s birthday .

This time the AD was designed by Tian Tian (a China Minoz), hope you like it. 

USA MINOZ shooting to identify the NY Times Square AD yesterday.

Thanks so much @Mui Mui and @Lindyloo421!  I thought it was the 2nd time.  wow, that's fantastic!:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

I want both for LMH.  I want him to be showered with praise for his portrayal of Hansu, yet I also want to see him act in something different sooner rather than later.  I think the timing has gotten us a bit surly.  

I finished The Morning Show, which won an Emmy, I believe.  It was definitely hard hitting and very good IMO.  

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Thanks so much @Mui Mui and @Lindyloo421!  I thought it was the 2nd time.  wow, that's fantastic!:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

I want both for LMH.  I want him to be showered with praise for his portrayal of Hansu, yet I also want to see him act in something different sooner rather than later.  I think the timing has gotten us a bit surly.  

I finished The Morning Show, which won an Emmy, I believe.  It was definitely hard hitting and very good IMO.  

Also we shouldn't forget he will be praised but also he will receive so many criticism because of this character, if LMH becomes noname actor yes everyone talk about drama quality but unfortunately not, LMH's popularity will surpass quality of drama, yes new viewers might talk about quality but at least 30million fans will talk about LMH's secreen time .He spent 6 months also he will receive so many critism I hope it is worth. Actually I want just premiere date, I don't think about its success now because waiting is already stressful. So I wait for next project. If we think success of drama now it will be more stressful.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, I would like Pachinko to be highly acclaimed and win awards.  I also want him to get an award but it might be that the drama wins awards but not the actors. He is at the prime of his life and should act in as many as possible.  In between seasons if he is in Season 2.  Not waste two years or more with only  16 episodes.  A five episode drama or a movie in between could work.  Why must he tie himself to Apple waiting months for Pachinko and twiddling thumbs.  He could do other movies in between.  Just hoping.  If he is in Season 2.  That is good too but he should fit other movies or dramas in between.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Because We are talking according to book , actually Hansu character doesn't seem attractive to me and he has little secreen time. I want LMH plays more attractive different characters. Also you said we didn't watch even S1 , if it will be successful so it is good maybe we will talk and want S2 but if it won't be successful ? What will happen? He will spend almost 2 years for 2S . He can shoot 16 EPs drama in 6 months. But they shot just 8 Eps in 6 moths. 

We don’t know if it will be successful but we can hope it will be. I’d rather not spend my energy thinking about it failing. Why not use that energy to hope the best for it? 

It may have taken them 6 months to film 8 episodes but that means it’s probably quality work. Keep in mind, movies take longer to film than dramas and movies are only 2 hours long. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

I saw many tweets from K Minoz that they also prefer a local work from Lee min Ho. In my opinion, Lee min Ho can definitely do critically acclaimed movies and dramas in his own country. He can do many more works. But if he does S2, then no local work for a long long time. It’s not only Apple TV plus that makes those shows. Also spending a long time for just 1 work isn’t worth the risk. Korea has a super fast market. I would love Lee Min Ho to take more movies and dramas. He can do many different genres and characters. Also It would be nice to see him back in the local prestigious Korean awards and for that to happen he should do local Korean works.

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

13 hours ago, Heretorant said:

We don’t know if it will be successful but we can hope it will be. I’d rather not spend my energy thinking about it failing. Why not use that energy to hope the best for it? 

I think you can't see our hopes, we are talking about his better career, we use our energy for this for hundred years.(thousands of pages)  So we want his more project, this is best him. Also I didn't talk success of Pachinko. You started about it. We never said that Pachinko won't be successful. But we hope more project from him ,this is summary.

3 hours ago, Nikaa said:

I saw many tweets from K Minoz that they also prefer a local work from Lee min Ho. In my opinion, Lee min Ho can definitely do critically acclaimed movies and dramas in his own country. He can do many more works. But if he does S2, then no local work for a long long time. It’s not only Apple TV plus that makes those shows. Also spending a long time for just 1 work isn’t worth the risk. Korea has a super fast market. I would love Lee Min Ho to take more movies and dramas. He can do many different genres and characters. Also It would be nice to see him back in the local prestigious Korean awards and for that to happen he should do local Korean works.

Also if I should say facts, when News of Pachinko aired first time , this wasn't hot topic in Korea. Sorry but Koreans even don't know that LMH's shot Pachinko. 

It has been 7 Months but I didn't see any expectation post in Korean forums. There aren't any post about Pachinko. I guess Korean think Pachinko as Western project. So They don't anticipate.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Korean Actors – Famous Movie & K-Drama Stars in the South

May 28, 2021

South Korea is known for K-pop and its high-quality movies and dramas starring Korean actors and actresses. Rather than relying on showing mainly Hollywood-produced TV series and movies on the television or cinema, Koreans are constantly creating films for their domestic market.

This creates a lot of opportunities for amazing actors and actresses to rise to stardom. New artists are always rising to fame, but this list is for the best of the best.

Here are our picks for the best South Korean actors.

Korean-Actors-min.png

Famous South Korean Actors

Below are the most popular South Korean actors known for their superb performance in playing their roles in K-dramas.

이민호 Lee Min Ho

Recommended to watch in: City Hunter

Lee Min Ho shot to stardom overnight when he began starring in the popular Korean drama Boys Over Flowers, a remake of Japan’s Hana Yori Dango.

479px-140120_minho_lee_c-min.jpg.webp

Other known dramas that Lee Min Ho had leading roles for were City Hunter, The Heirs, Legend of the Blue Sea, and his most recent Korean drama, The King: Eternal Monarch.

Lee Min Ho enlisted for mandatory military service in March 2018 and was discharged in April 2019. After which, he worked on more dramas and reprised his title as one of the top South Korean Actors of all time...

https://www.90daykorean.com/best-korean-actors/

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Yes, he can totally be apart of a korean drama that’s critically acclaimed but for now, he chose Pachinko. The matter of the fact is, if he’s tied down to Pachinko, he probably can’t film anything else yet. 

10 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Also if I should say facts, when News of Pachinko aired first time , this wasn't hot topic in Korea. Sorry but Koreans even don't know that LMH's shot Pachinko. 

It has been 7 Months but I didn't see any expectation post in Korean forums. There aren't any post about Pachinko. I guess Korean think Pachinko as Western project. So They don't anticipate.

Hmmm... but Minari is an American film about a korean family and it did very well and even got recognition in the korean industry. The korean actress in Minari is pretty hot right now, both worldwide and in Korea. Koreans couldn’t be more proud of her. 

Just because Pachinko is American produced does not mean Koreans will shun it. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I think we are all jumping the gun.  Let's wait and see if LMH will be in season 2 of Pachinko.  Even if he is, I think he can either do a cameo in a drama or be in a variety show.  Neither require much prep (not really unless you're ultra competitive), so both are a possibility.  A cameo would be great; LMH can try a character that may be a bit controversial and see how people react.  A lot of the top actor have done at least one or the other; LMH is the only one I know who has done neither.  

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I think we are all jumping the gun.  Let's wait and see if LMH will be in season 2 of Pachinko.  Even if he is, I think he can either do a cameo in a drama or be in a variety show.  Neither require much prep (not really unless you're ultra competitive), so both are a possibility.  A cameo would be great; LMH can try a character that may be a bit controversial and see how people react.  A lot of the top actor have done at least one or the other; LMH is the only one I know who has done neither.  

no no variety show please. he would be better off being tied down to pachinko than going for a variety show after his image in korea after tkem. he would seem unserious, sorry.....I would also want him to play an image changincy character, just anything apart from chaebol or lover boy god :bawling:

On 5/29/2021 at 4:14 AM, Heretorant said:

It may have taken them 6 months to film 8 episodes but that means it’s probably quality work. Keep in mind, movies take longer to film than dramas and movies are only 2 hours long. 

not true, a typical movie will take 3-4 months to film, shorter than pachinko and it would have been out sooner than pachinko except it's a war movie or movies with special training

pachinko production is painfully slow, don't compare it to a movie because you're wrong, he could have taken up a drama also, I don't understand why he wants to tie himself down with this pachinko work......he is approaching his 40s soon he won't be able to do some type of roles, he still has yet to show us diverse roles...... please we just want the best for him. I don't care about pachinko being successful anymore, it surely will be, I just want it to come and go already. so much time wasted on it :rage:

and some of y'all just keep talking about international awards this that, of course that would be great but you do know he is yet to win some of those in his own country. any actor would want to be recognised and acclaimed in their own country first before anything. ok after all the winning of emmys and everything and he decides to come back to korea, what next?! he still won't have local critical acclaim which can only be done by doing as much projects as possible like other actors. just look at psj.....he is working his way to being recognised now, working hard like a cow

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, desy said:

not true, a typical movie will take 3-4 months to film, shorter than pachinko and it would have been out sooner than pachinko except it's a war movie or movies with special training

Depends on which movie we’re talking about but even 3-4 months and just for 2 hours of a movie? Pachinko took how many months to film 8 episodes? Conclusion, it took less time to film than a movie. And why does it even matter anyway? They will take as long as they need to complete the show. It’s inevitable. 

56 minutes ago, desy said:

just look at psj.....he is working his way to being recognised now, working hard like a cow

psj is already a recognized actor. Stop comparing him and lmh. Whatever he does has nothing to do with lmh. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I can definitely understand why many fans would like to see him in more projects and of course at an increased frequency.

However, there could be many reasons why LMH is going at the pace is he going at. Maybe the scripts he’s getting do not appeal to him. As an established actor/celebrity, maybe he’s waiting to find a role that is not only different but one that also challenges him as an actor. Although Pachinko is not out yet, the role he’s playing does sound a bit different than any role he seemed to have played before.

Honestly, when I take a step back and look at what he’s been doing recently, especially with his movie vlog and the project with Lee Seung-Gi… I feel like he wants to explore doing things other than acting like producing or directing. I also feel like he wants to go out and live his life and have fun because he can without really having to worry about needing to work to put food on the table or a roof over his head.

As much as I want to see him in more shows, I want him to do what makes himself happy and will support whatever project he works on. I can only imagine the pressure and stress a celebrity has where everyone is watching and waiting for your next move.

• Like 7

Park Bo Young has acted with many famous male gods with top visuals throughout her career

Let's take a look at the Korean male idols who have worked together with Park Bo Young:

Lee Min Ho

Even when Lee Min Ho was not yet famous with Boys Over Flowers, he and Park Bo Young had collaborated in two school dramas called Mackerel Run and Secret Campus. This is the work in the early period of both actors with the story revolving around school life. Although the two are not the main stars in the film, they attracted attention because of their cuteness and outstanding beauty. This is the launch pad for both their careers. At that time, Lee Min Ho and Park Bo Young took a lot of lovely photos together, to this day, fans still hope for them to meet again in a new film.

spacer.png

https://thegioidienanh.vn/ngam-dan-hau-cung-toan-nam-than-hang-dau-han-quoc-cua-park-bo-young-52786.html

7 Main Lead Actors We Would Love To See As Villains In A K-Drama

There are K-drama actors that we consistently come across in main lead roles who usually play the good guys. They’re loveable, charming, handsome, and are most likely to make anyone fall for the characters they play. Some actors have played villain roles in the past, but there are also a bunch that have never crossed over to the villain side. It would definitely be cool to see them playing roles that are more dark and mysterious. Here are seven K-drama actors who we would love to see play a villain in their K-drama career.

Lee Min Ho

We’ve grown accustomed to seeing Lee Min Ho play the strong and swoonworthy male lead in a lot of his classic K-dramas. From Gu Jun Pyo in “Boys Over Flowers” to the noble and romantic King in the “The King: Eternal Monarch,” Lee Min Ho is no stranger to playing the good guy and has proven that he does it pretty darn well.

spacer.png

With this being said, it would be a pleasant surprise to see Lee Min Ho take on a role where he plays a villain. Although it’s a long shot given his status and popularity, seeing Lee Min Ho as a ruthless, savage villain would be a refreshing change. Not only would it be cool to see him in such a different role, but he could very well pull it off. We got a glimpse of his savageness in the movie “Gangnam Blues” as he played a gang member, and if he could channel that energy into a full out bad guy, it would be worth the watch.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469337wpp/7-main-lead-actors-we-would-love-to-see-as-villains-in-a-k-drama

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

What do you think about the Korean drama "The Heirs''?

I don’t understand why people sit down to watch a K Drama and expect it to be something else, like normal American fare. That is like going to a Korean restaurant and ordering Kentucky Fried Chicken.

(Photos are screenshots)

main-qimg-811321ebbd830f11ae7ddf25c185ff

Many Korean Dramas will have

Rich dominating business people.
Poor attractive girl that catches the eye of the son of a rich dude.
A competing rich or less rich dude that wants the same girl.
If the rich guy is going to get the girl, he has to change his ways and undergo personality changes.
Parents who object to the paring.
This maybe formulaic, but it works for me, and K Dramas have liberated me from American TV boredom.

main-qimg-bd8dc21d1dc876d052e0421ab6dbc9

I liked The Heirs. The backstory of the character Lee Min Ho played was a first, the son of the concubine who is given the same status as the natural born son. This produces sibling rivalry. The love interest is the character played by Park Shin-hye. By happenstance, she gets to go to an elite school with people above her perceived station in life and she is totally overwhelmed. Trying to please all these rich people, she becomes a worse version of herself. Is this not believable? The Lee Min Ho character understands the Park Shin-hye character, because he was born to a secondary wife. He tries to act like her shield, as he falls in love with her.

Spoiler

main-qimg-17e9fa66b8d0a5a51d4bbf906a174c

The most appealing characters are the ones played by Kim Woo-bin as the ultimate Bad Boy and Kim Mi-kyung who plays the deaf mute mother of Park Shin-hye. Kim Woo-bin has an interesting character, who has not figured out how to love, but knows that something is disturbing his being. Who would not find interesting the scene where he trips up Park Shin-hye, catches her to keep her from falling, then let’s her fall into the pool? When asked why he let the girl fall into the pool, he said that he wanted to see how that would make him feel. This guy knows so little about love that his measure of love is to see how he feels if he hurts the one he thinks that he loves. I could write a book just about that emotionally starved being.

Park Shin-hye’s mother, Kim Mi-kyung was the star of the show and the most memorable character. Communicating by writing on a pad of paper and discovering that because she is a deaf mute, people relax around her and reveal all their secrets. Later, she learns to use the information to blackmail the rich and she gets them to do her bidding. Did you know that she was not deaf or mute? I did not and was totally shocked to find out that she was not when I saw Kim Mi-kyung in something else. What a fine and memorable performance she gave.

To see the Lee Min Ho and the Kim Woo-bin characters undergo personal growth as persons through the series was the price of admission to me. I loved the series.

The one thing I did not love and none of the top answers addressed was the manhandling of woman in the series. A couple of times, I wanted to go through the TV screen and pop Min Ho or Woo Bin if they snatched Park Shin-hye one more time. If viewing with teenage girls or if you know that your teenage girl viewed the series, have a mommy and me talk about how men should treat women. It does seem that there are fewer scenes of manhandling in recent years for K Dramas, thankfully.

I gave The Heirs an 8.7 out of 10 and feel that it is a series to put on your check list.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-about-the-Korean-drama-The-Heirs

Selfie pa more: Ben Chan fanboys Lee Min Ho

5 years ago

Billyonaryo-10.jpg

Bilyonaryo Ben Chan, owner of homegrown clothing brand Bench, couldn?t resist taking a selfie with Korean superstar Lee Min Ho and posting it online.

To think, this is not the first time Bench has brought the K-pop star to the Philippines.

The South Korean heartthrob was in the country over the weekend for meet and greet sessions as part of his contract with Bench.

A Bench endorser since 2012, Ho is said to be the only foreign artist with the longest contract with Bench .

He has been to the Philippines five times. The last time he visited the country was in February 2015 to grace the opening of Kyochon, one of Korea?s biggest fried chicken chains.

Chan pioneered the use of celebrities, local and foreign, to endorse the Bench brand in order to attract more consumer attention.

https://bilyonaryo.com/2016/04/05/selfie-pa-more-ben-chan-fanboys-lee-min-ho/

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kdramatic said:

I can definitely understand why many fans would like to see him in more projects and of course at an increased frequency.

However, there could be many reasons why LMH is going at the pace is he going at. Maybe the scripts he’s getting do not appeal to him. As an established actor/celebrity, maybe he’s waiting to find a role that is not only different but one that also challenges him as an actor. Although Pachinko is not out yet, the role he’s playing does sound a bit different than any role he seemed to have played before.

Honestly, when I take a step back and look at what he’s been doing recently, especially with his movie vlog and the project with Lee Seung-Gi… I feel like he wants to explore doing things other than acting like producing or directing. I also feel like he wants to go out and live his life and have fun because he can without really having to worry about needing to work to put food on the table or a roof over his head.

As much as I want to see him in more shows, I want him to do what makes himself happy and will support whatever project he works on. I can only imagine the pressure and stress a celebrity has where everyone is watching and waiting for your next move.

so you're saying if he has to work he won't be happy? he should just retire then and live his life without keeping fans in waiting, I really don't understand some of y'all sometimes. you talk as of he has been working hard before in the past and now he finally wants to rest which is actually far from the truth, us wanting him to work hard doesn't mean he can't live his life

3 minutes ago, desy said:

so you're saying if he has to work he won't be happy? he should just retire then and live his life without keeping fans in waiting, I really don't understand some of y'all sometimes. you talk as of he has been working hard before in the past and now he finally wants to rest which is actually far from the truth, us wanting him to work hard doesn't mean he can't live his life

he can direct, do whatever he wants, date, get married, have kids and more, we all want that for him. he just has to say it so some of his fans can decide if they want to keep stanning an inactive person or not. bottom line is everyone will be happy for him and respect his choice

12 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Depends on which movie we’re talking about but even 3-4 months and just for 2 hours of a movie? Pachinko took how many months to film 8 episodes? Conclusion, it took less time to film than a movie. And why does it even matter anyway? They will take as long as they need to complete the show. It’s inevitable. 

psj is already a recognized actor. Stop comparing him and lmh. Whatever he does has nothing to do with lmh. 

huh? 

I will be unfollowing this topic, I can't stand to see some "fans" not want better for their fave especially the shippers, try and remove the rose coloured glasses from your eyes before it's too late, criticising or wanting better for someone doesn't mean you don't want said person to live their life especially when that person hasn't even been working hard

i hope you all have a good day

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

2 hours ago, desy said:

huh? 

I will be unfollowing this topic, I can't stand to see some "fans" not want better for their fave especially the shippers, try and remove the rose coloured glasses from your eyes before it's too late, criticising or wanting better for someone doesn't mean you don't want said person to live their life especially when that person hasn't even been working hard

i hope you all have a good day

I’m not sure why you always have to bring up shippers. No one talks about shipping here except you. You constantly bring up shippers and other actors in lmh’s thread. 

Seems like you think you know what’s best for lmh more than he does for himself. Sorry, we’re just one fan out of many and he knows where he wants to be next. I’ll let him navigate his life however he wants, INCLUDING who he wants to be with and which project he wants to sign on to.  

Were you even paying attention to what we were talking about? FYI, we were talking about Pachinko season 2. If he has to film season 2, he is working whether you like the project or not. And quite frankly, your response to what I wrote makes absolutely no sense. It’s clear to me you just wanted to attack me and pull anything irrelevant to the conversation. 

I want the best for lmh. I want Pachinko to do well for him. Unlike you, you seem to not support Pachinko. I can’t stand to see “fans” who claim they want the best for him but constantly spew negativity over anything he does, especially someone who spends most of their time putting down his projects.

Good day to you too. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2