Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

cr: Kpop&Kdrama

Did we all watch this scene this weekend?  I had fun with chingus watching ep 9 and 10 this morning.  But, I missed the best part in ep 9 - LG/LMH with that low threatening voice LEE LIM! :tears: 

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

Two reasons LMH is in Busan. 

• He loves the art and it opened only in Busan and not Seoul so he has no choice but to travel there.
  • He is preparing for a drama or movie as an artist or art thief like Lupin

Let's hope it's the latter!  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

16 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Did we all watch this scene this weekend?  I had fun with chingus watching ep 9 and 10 this morning.  But, I missed the best part in ep 9 - LG/LMH with that low threatening voice LEE LIM! :tears: 

Superb voice acting :wub:

I need to see him acting again. Palli, palli, come back! 

:sparklyeyes:

• Like 6

Delicious product placements in Kdramas that make us drool: Fried chicken & more!

It's so difficult to keep your cravings in check while watching K-Dramas, isn't it?

spacer.png

Not sure about you but, at times, watching Korean dramas can be scary. No! Not the ghosts and gore. The food. Every time they eat something, we start craving it. You might not even particularly like what they're eating, but they eat with such gusto that you start craving it.

Here are some mouth-watering foods that made us ravage the pantry at home.

Fried Chicken

Is there any fast food food in K-Dramas that is as advertised as fried chicken? Chimaek (chicken+beer) all the way! Somewhere during the 1960s, a chicken store sold whole chicken grilled in an electric oven. Later on, one fried chicken store started coating their product with a sweet sauce. The popularity of fried chicken in Korea grew with the arrival of KFC in 1984. But it wasn't until the 2002 FIFA World Cup that chimaek became the most popular dish in Korea. In fact it is so popular that according to a study and statistics in February 2019, Korea has approximately 87,000 chicken eateries which surpasses some fast food chains like McDonalds worldwide! In The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min Ho's character eats fried chicken for the first time while travelling in a parallel world. The fried chicken brand featured in the series sold over 550,000 sets of its fried chicken in a month during that time.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/delicious-product-placements-kdramas-make-us-drool-fried-chicken-subway-more-739163

• Like 4

RM, Lee Min Ho, Ssamdi and Im Seul-on have also bought art?

Article registration 2021.05.17

NISI20210517_0000748198_web.jpg?rnd=2021

[Seoul = Newsis] Trainee Reporter Choi Jin Kyung = News that BTS's RM, actor Lee Min Ho and rapper Simon Dominik (Ssamdi) attended Art Busan, which ended on the 16th.

Bulletproof Boy Scouts RM has a particular interest and affection for the arts, such as visiting local art museums when there is no timetable, even when he goes on overseas tours. He visited Art Busan on the morning of the 15th, and on the 16th, he also posted a photo taken on the Busan beach on BTS's official social network.

RM visited the Mo Gallery booth at the Art Fair a few years ago without revealing his identity and it became a hot topic. He is known to have recently started collecting art and has a wide range of works from contemporary masters to works by unknown artists.

Ssamdi also visited Art Busan in his hometown of Busan. Ssamdi showed her paintings of Seung Chola Ok on MBC's I Live Alone. The artist Oak rose to fame for reconstructing images by transforming and synthesizing animated characters. Artist Ok has also exhibited at Art Busan, and the reservation was closed prior to opening

NISI20210514_0000746524_web.jpg?rnd=2021

[Seoul = Newsis] On the 13th, Art Busan 2021 opened at BEXCO, Busan. Despite Lee Min Ho's mask and sunglasses, his height and beauty stood out and attracted attention. 2021.5.13. photo@newsis.com

Lee Min Ho was also caught visiting Art Busan on the 13th. Wearing dark glasses and goggles, a blue jacket, white T-shirt and jeans were ordinary clothes, but, according to an eyewitness, it stood out.

In addition, it is known to have been visited by celebrities such as Sohee An, Seulong Im, Donghui Li, Hira Ha, as well as celebrities such as Taeyang Oh and Mark Teto.

Meanwhile, Art Busan 2021, which ran from the 13th to the 16th, was watched by a total of 8 million people, with sales of 35 billion won, the highest box office ever.

Translation from korean google

https://mobile.newsis.com/view.html?ar_id=NISX20210517_0001443910#_enliple

Bulletproof RM · Lee Min-ho · Ssamdi, found'there' through the rain... 

Art Busan 80,000 people in 4 days
From BTS RM to Lee Min-ho and Samdee
Total sales of 35 billion won, record high

Bulletproof Boy Scouts RM, actor Lee Min-ho, rapper Ssamdi / Photo = Hankyung DB

01.26372816.1.jpg

BTS RM, actor Lee Min-ho, and rapper Simon Dominic (hereinafter referred to as ``Samdy'') visited the event with the news of their visit and ended with the record of the best box office ever.

The 10th Art Busan, which opened with a VIP preview at BEXCO, Busan, Seoul on the 13th, ended on the 16th. It is said that it ended splendidly with the record for the largest number of visitors ever and the largest sales ever. Due to the spread of Corona 19, difficulties in offline events were expected, but it was a'box-office hit'.

More than 1,500 people visited Art Busan only during the VIP preview period. On the day of the preview, Swiss Ambassador Linus von Castelmur visited Art Busan to purchase a total of six works, including art space 3 artist Na Point Soo's work.

Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, a famous European gallery, said it sold Daniel Richter's paintings on the day of preview, including Anthony Gormley's hundreds of millions of sculptures.

Even during the public viewing period, an average of 20,000 visitors a day visited. During the event, more than 80,000 people visited the exhibition hall. This is a number that far exceeds 63,000 in 2019, when the maximum number of visitors was recorded.

It is said that famous stars who are known as'art lovers' visits to Art Busan also led the box office.

Bulletproof Boy Scouts RM, who showed special interest and affection for art by visiting local art museums at times when there is no schedule even when traveling abroad, visited Art Busan on the morning of the 15th. Afterwards, photos taken at the sea in Busan were also released on official social media.

RM visited the Mo Gallery booth at Art Fair a few years ago without revealing its identity, and it became a hot topic. It is known that it has recently started collecting artworks and has a wide range of works from contemporary masters to works by unknown artists.

Ssamdi also visited Art Busan in his hometown, Busan. Ssamdi revealed her paintings by Seung-cheol Ok in MBC's'I Live Alone'. Artist Ok gained fame by reconstructing images by transforming and compositing animated characters. Artist Ok's work was also exhibited in Art Busan, and it is known that reservations were closed before the opening.

Lee Min-ho was also caught visiting Art Busan on the 13th. Although he wore sunglasses, glasses, a blue jacket, white tee, and jeans, eyewitness accounts continued that he showed outstanding presence even among many visitors.

In addition, actors Lee Dong-hui, Ha Hee-ra, Ahn So-hee, Lee Yo-won, and Im Seul-ong went to the exhibition hall on the opening day.

Following last year, Art Busan has set aside VIP viewing hours for the prevention of Corona 19, and restricted admission to general visitors to 5,000 people a day. However, it is known that the 10 special exhibitions prepared for the 10th anniversary of this year have been crowded with visitors, and hotels near Haeundae where the event was held have also been fully booked.

The total sales of works in Art Busan, where more than 100 galleries participated in both overseas and domestic, is 35 billion won. It is known to be the largest sales amount ever in Korean art fairs. The organizer said, "It was confirmed that there are more than 15 galleries with sales exceeding 1 billion won."

The highest price in Art Busan was 2 million dollars (about 2.3 billion won) with Marc Chagall's work'Le Bouquet'. Argentine artist Lucio Fontana and hundreds of millions of American artist George Kondo's paintings were also sold for 1.1 billion won, and Kim Whan-ki's oil painting'Untitled' was said to have been sold for 1.1 billion won.

https://www.hankyung.com/life/article/2021051710397

• Like 2

Another 2.3 billion Chagall was sold ... A new record of 35 billion won at Art Busan between RM and Lee Min Ho

Reporter Jung Ji Hyun
Login 2021.05.17

image_readtop_2021_473502_16212250864647

Actor Lee Min Ho photographs Daniel Richter's 2018 masterpiece Sick Music at the Thaddeus Lopak Gallery booth at Art Busan.

The 10th 'Art Busan', visited by Hallyu stars such as RM (Kim Nam Joon) and actor Lee Min Ho, BTS leader and art enthusiast, set a record sales of over 35 billion won. in 4 days. The number of visitors mobilized for this art fair, held at BEXCO, Busan from 13 to 16, is the highest ever at 80,000 ...

https://m.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2021/05/473502/

Here are the 10 most popular dramas and actors on Kpopmap as of the second week of May.

Kpopmap Weekly: Most Popular Dramas & Actors On Kpopmap – 2nd Week Of May
Laure May 17, 2021

Spoiler

kpopmap-weekly-2-week-may-2021-Lee-MinHo

Are you curious to know what K-Dramas and actors Kpopmap readers are interested in? Welcome to our Kpopmap Weekly ranking. It is released every Monday.

Kpopmap has come out with our very own weekly ranking based on our view counts over a period of one week. Based on the 2nd week of May data, here are the top 10 most popular dramas and actors on Kpopmap.

Let’s take a look below!

Actor category: 1st place

o0600083814943370444.png?caw=750

Drama Category: 1st Place

o0579083814943370447.png

https://www.kpopmap.com/kpopmap-weekly-most-popular-dramas-actors-on-kpopmap-2nd-week-of-may/

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

I'm shocked that LMH is #1 in the kpopmap weekly.  What is kpopmap?  Who votes?  I expect actors with current dramas or movies make the list along with any big stars who recently confirmed.  Probably even more of a surprise is Pachinko.

I finally have my free year of Apple TV+, so I'm set to watch Pachinko whenever it airs.  How do you watch it on the TV?  (yes--I AM asking this question haha) There's no code that I saw to enter like there is with Netflix.  I have chromecast, so I suppose that I can try to cast it.  

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

27 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I'm shocked that LMH is #1 in the kpopmap weekly.  What is kpopmap?  Who votes?  I expect actors with current dramas or movies make the list along with any big stars who recently confirmed.  Probably even more of a surprise is Pachinko.

Kpopmap is a site like allkpop, soompi etc. but they are new so have just 10k followers on TW. But I like this site because if you complain about anything , they answer you .Actually they use this list to rise their followers, because fans love competitive list generally. "Ranking based on our view counts over a period of one week."kpopmap.

First place isn't a big deal because their followers are a little.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Thanks @leeminhosny for the explanation about Kpopmap.  I remember he was near or at the top a couple weeks ago which also surprised me, but now I understand.  

Actually if they share any news about LMH , it got so many views and next week automatically LMH becomes first place.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I finally have my free year of Apple TV+, so I'm set to watch Pachinko whenever it airs.  How do you watch it on the TV?  (yes--I AM asking this question haha) There's no code that I saw to enter like there is with Netflix.  I have chromecast, so I suppose that I can try to cast it.  

I havent try to watch it on tv but i think chromecast was the only solution for now. I try to watch on laptop instead. Its easier.
Patiently waiting for Pachinko to come. :please:

• Like 3

Lee Minho: The “first oppa” of many fans

Chriselle Olaguera
May 17, 2021

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSMcKrbOHM8JrEPRu6DCA

I know I am not the only one when I say that Lee Minho was my first favorite and first “most” favorite oppa at the same time. I have only seen few Korean dramas before knowing him through Boys Over Flowers but it was Lee Minho who pushed me to be a K-drama addict.

As young as eight when I first saw him, I already get so mesmerized and captivated by him and his charms (until now). Who would not fall for him, right?

Actor Lee Minho

We all know how great he is in acting, especially in making our eyes filled with tears! However, acting is only one of the many skills he possesses. Lee Minho is also astonishing in stunts and action scenes! What is most mesmerizing about him is that he has a different way to portray a character; I must say that he knows well on how to nail a role.

It is not being biased but all of his dramas and movies are commendable. He has that magic of showing us the real character in a drama and make us forget that it was actually him in front of us! He has that power to make us invest so much in his role, its background, and emotions while attaching us to the other characters and the story itself.

If you would like to know the dramas and films he took part in, click here.

Home in K-drama

I do not know why I am crying right now while writing this but Lee Minho is a big part of the reasons why I found a home in K-drama— where I have learned a lot of life and love lessons, and have used these to be the best version of myself. Where I have found different yet genuine happiness and enlightenment.

Finding a house is easy for many but feeling at home in it is a different story.

Little by little, I found myself investing in this thing where it also pours me with a lot of important things I would surely not get somewhere else.

The Lee Minho we love

Many people, including me, will surely describe him as a talented and successful individual. Here, I want to highlight the best and top reasons why a lot of individuals are so into him: humble, kind, good and loving child, generous, respectful of others, and has never said any bad thing towards others. He is actually one of the most praised actors in the industry for he embodies a good attitude and wonderful personality!

I hope, he will inspire more people to always choose kindness no matter how hard it is.

As a fan…

I still remember the pain and tears which fall from my eyes whenever I fail to meet him when he visited the country. It was disappointing, I must admit not. Who would not feel so down when you had the chances yet you were not able to go for it, right?

I was still young back then, but now, what I truly aspire is for him to be genuinely happy and at peace, as a fan of him. I want to see him up close of course but what comes first is his happiness.

https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/05/17/lee-minho-the-first-oppa-of-many-fans/

Relive the best of his youthful romance with Lee Min Ho's "Line Romance".

lee-min-ho-line-romance-kpoplat-750x450.

Overcoming language barriers and feeling intense love are some of the aspects that mark the story of 'Line Romance', a drama starring Lee Min Ho that has captured the hearts of hundreds of viewers in just three chapters over the years since its launch in 2014 year.

Lee Min Ho has captivated us with his stage performances for the past 15 years. However, Line Romance turns out to be a special production as it is a short but very charming drama. We'll tell you more about this story below!

Line Romance, referred to in Spanish as “online romance,” is a microdrama based on the story of a Chinese tourist named Lin Lin, who travels to Korea and falls in love with Min Ho, a music producer with such talent and kindness. looks like. Due to the language barrier, two people use the LINE mobile app to communicate with each other and pave the way for a beautiful love story.

Check out the Line Romance trailer with Lee Min Ho below!

Lee Min-Ho - Micro Drama One LINE Romance - Trailer 60s

For fans of short films or those who just want to relive the wonderful moments from Lee Min Ho's career, Line Romance is perfect as you can enjoy it in just a couple of hours.

In other news, actor Lee Min Ho recently celebrated his 15th anniversary of debut, receiving special attention and love from his fans.

Have you already watched Lee Min Ho's "Line Romance"? How do you like it?

Translation from spanish google

https://kpoplat.com/2021/05/17/revive-lo-mejor-de-un-amor-juvenil-con-line-romance-de-lee-min-ho/

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@CarolynH, for me, this is one of the sites worth-checking for. They're based in Seoul, which allows them to get up to the minute news regarding K-Pop. It is very similar to Soompi in its site layout and they also cover K-Dramas and Korean films. You will be able to find the latest trending K-Pop music videos on their main page as well. Think of Kpopmap as a Korean pop blog where you can find a wide range of information. :heart2:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

There are TVN upcoming drama rumors (cast uncorfirmed)

Strange Lawyer (IU, Byun Yohan?)

Unforgetten

Bandit

The Sun Never Set

The Golden Hairpin

After School War activities

Milotary Prosecutor Doberman

Strange lawyer and After School are automatically out of the possibilities. 

''Bandit'' Sounds interesting is there any synopsis on these coming series. With The Golden Hairpin I am getting Saguek vibes not sure LMH wants another saquek since he did Faith. Prosecutor and lawyer shows are not down my alley and you can add to anything that has to do with hospitals. 

We need further infos on Unforgetten, BANDIT and the sun never set. 

Personally my wish is for a 19+ series with TVn being in the picture it limits that while Netflix will be on board for getting 19+ and all to real in the skinship and in every department. Is TvN willing to do 19+? Wait a minute was world of the married not on TvN and it was also 19+ as I recall? 

I hope Bandit is a realistic based gangster series that comes with multiple seasons. (Please no Comedy if they choice bandit I want them to take themselves very serious)  I want it to give some sort of real picture of the Korean underworld so it has to take itself very serious and if it takes that route it will be Award worthy and a lock but the importance is not the awards but reaching mass consumption on netflix both can be attained on that same concept.. One more thing it needs big casting.

Comedy or even over the top comedy is absolutely no no. It has to take itself extremely serious. The vibe I am talking about you only find them in G-movies that take themselves very serious but with this we need to add 19+ and realistic based skinship and where everything flows realistic in order to give a real picture of the ''Korean underworld'' without toning down any elements

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Personally my wish is for a 19+ series with TVn being in the picture it limits that while Netflix will be on board for getting 19+ and all to real in the skinship and in every department. Is TvN willing to do 19+? Wait a minute was world of the married not on TvN and it was also 19+ as I recall? 

We know it because you talk about 19+ almost in every your message :lol: 

I don't want to comedy, I really don't like Vincenzo's comedy part, I think it never could be funny. I didn't like dark comedy like Vincenzo and same writer's another drama The Fiery Priest .I dropped them half. But anyway tv viewers like them , their ratings are high. LMH need serious drama, serious character. So people talk about his acting .

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

We know it because you talk about 19+ almost in every your message :lol: 

I don't want to comedy, I really don't like Vincenzo's comedy part, I think it never could be funny. I didn't like dark comedy like Vincenzo and same writer's another drama The Fiery Priest .I dropped them half. But anyway tv viewers like them , their ratings are high. LMH need serious drama, serious character. 

The comedy was truly over the top in that series It was almost borderline childish somewhat and I didn't like it either. It is not for acting acclodes tho.. I don't think there is any desire to prove anything but I think it will be interesting TV-series and entertaining selection on Netflix. I think it will be to entertain the fans and to open a new underworld where many viewers will find refuge in and find it interesting to see what happens continuously. The target should be entertaining the viewers and fans.. Perhaps reaching mass consumption is bigger goal imho and it breaking out on Social media and start trending ect etc. Despite that it could still grab multiple awards which will be good but I don't think that should be the pririoty but if it happens it is all good.. 

Edit: Correction I meant my idea of this series was not from acclodes point of view but rather from purely entertainment point of view but thinking over it twice it does come with alot of accolades which doesn't hurt either 

• Like 2

Channel unclear dramas

#JamsilDong(#WitchsRomance writer) ParkJiEun’s project #WitchIsAlive(#WomanOfDignity director) #StrangeLawyer(#InnocentWithness writer) #SparklingWatermelon(#ChicagoTypewriter writer) #InYourGloriousSeason(#ThirtyButSeventeen writer)

#SweetBosses

Also there are TVING original dramas (cast uncorfirmed)

Strange

Rose Mansion

The King Of Pig (Animation movie 'The King of Pigs' by Dir. Yeon Sang Ho (Train To Busan; Peninsula) in plans to be made into a TVing drama. It is a work that uses school violence as the main subject. )

cr.kdramacasting

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leeminhosny said:

Channel unclear dramas

#JamsilDong(#WitchsRomance writer) ParkJiEun’s project #WitchIsAlive(#WomanOfDignity director) #StrangeLawyer(#InnocentWithness writer) #SparklingWatermelon(#ChicagoTypewriter writer) #InYourGloriousSeason(#ThirtyButSeventeen writer) #SweetBosses

Also there are TVING original dramas (cast uncorfirmed)

Strange

Rose Mansion

The King Of Pig (Animation movie 'The King of Pigs' by Dir. Yeon Sang Ho (Train To Busan; Peninsula) in plans to be made into a TVing drama. It is a work that uses school violence as the main subject. )

cr.kdramacasting

Can you find any info on that bandit?