Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

What's the truth about the popular Hanryu princes in the Chinese region, Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun?

leeminho-kimsuhyu2.jpg

Korean actors Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun are extremely popular in China. The drama, which appeared in 2013, became a big hit and gained popularity, but because of this, there were strange rumors about the relationship between the two.

Another common trait that Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun have in common is that they are popular Korean actors of the same class, born in early 1987 and 1988, who are taller than 180cm and play alongside popular actress Jung Ji Hyun. This means that it has gained immense popularity in the Chinese region. Lee Min Ho gained popularity on SBS "Heirs" and Kim Soo Hyun on SBS "You from the Stars".

leeminho-kimsuhyun.jpg

The Heirs, which began broadcasting on SBS on October 9, 2013. In this drama, Lee Min Ho played Kim Tan, a handsome high school student who is full of charisma and is a sergeant in the Imperial Group. Lee Min Ho deeply and painfully acted out the pain hidden in the heart of Tang, who had a secret birth and who grew up in a difficult family environment, and his tearful performance caused "Kim Tang Syndrome."

sh-leeminho-theheirs1.jpg

Right after "Heirs" ended, the next song that started on the same SBS was "You from the Stars". In this drama, which began on December 18, 2013, Kim Soo Hyun played Do Min Joon, an alien who lives on Earth while hiding his identity. Although he looks like a normal person and a university professor, he actually played a strange role with supernatural powers without any discomfort, and Tundel's charm hit the heart of the viewer.

Lee Min Ho had gained popularity in the Chinese region before, but soon after the popularity of the new generation star Kim Soo Hyun skyrocketed, two people who were selling in the Chinese region at the same time became rivals. It's done.

For example, when Lee Min Ho was selected as the new image character for a Chinese model for an electronics company, a competing company from that electronics company chose Kim Soo Hyun as the Chinese model. In addition, the two popular Chinese automakers also chose Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun as their advertising towers, and the rivalry between the two rivals intensified and the roster became more visible.

Spoiler

leeminho-kimsoohyun1.jpg

There was also such a story.

When Kim Soo Hyun appeared on a certain program in China, the Chinese side sent a charter plane to South Korea, but when Lee Min Ho was also invited to an event in Beijing, China provided the charter plane.

There has also been a lot of talk about higher performance fees. When it came to news that one of them had appeared on a Chinese program and received a performance fee of 100 million won, an article appeared stating that, on the contrary, CM alone had made 1 billion won and proved to be popular.

These things matched, and regardless of their intentions, it seemed like the two were suddenly faced with a rivalry, saying, “Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun are looking at each other. It looks like rumors have spread.

Spoiler

leeminho-kimsoohyun2.jpg

Besides, there is something that shows the popularity of these two people even better. This is the 2014 Chinese drama Heirs of the Stars (Stars of the Stars).

As the title suggests, it is a drama with a title that combines the two drama titles starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun. Moreover, the story of this drama resembled a mixture of the content of two dramas in which the male hero, who escaped from the past to the present, became the heir of a large company and fell in love with a selfish heroine. ..

Spoiler

leeminho-kimsoohyun3.jpg

As a result, the drama was suspected of theft, but the Chinese side responded, "The script for this drama was completed before the two Korean dramas aired." “It was originally a different name, but I changed the name to reflect the relevance,” he explained.

Relations between Korea and China are gradually recovering and BTS's (Bulletproof Boy Scouts) hit "Dynamite" is being broadcast in China, where Korean style is currently limited. Expectations are growing that Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun will play an active role in the Chinese region.

Translation from Japanese google

https://danmee.jp/knews/koreandrama/kimsoohyun-leeminho/

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina this is so annoying a article , I have been tired this kind of articles since 2013

@leeminhosny, Forgive me for this post, but I don't think this article is bad. She only provides information about the situation with the actors. I was curious to know the details because I recently discovered Lee Min Ho and Korean dramas. Now I understand that the tension between the actors is created artificially due to the competition in the advertising market. And, most likely, the actors themselves treat each other well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

@leeminhosny, Forgive me for this post, but I don't think this article is bad. She only provides information about the situation with the actors. I was curious to know the details because I recently discovered Lee Min Ho and Korean dramas. Now I understand that the tension between the actors is created artificially due to the competition in the advertising market. And, most likely, the actors themselves treat each other well.

Ofcourse actors treat each other but this kind of articles start fanwars and I am tired that somebody refer LMH name with other actors every year because they make higher their name .You started new but we are tired these article for years.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CallieP said:

Should actually be Grapevine. ( I heard it through the grapevine)

I did realize that , I was sleepy when I wrote it Grape and Wine had to be Grapevine became Grapewine Lol. Autocorrect Sucks.

I agree with @leeminhosny, even if the Actors themselves did not have anything wrong amongst them, the initial treatment and Articles was what had started the Fanwars. Moreover articles can be bought by certain xyz sections , Fanwars and fan contributing to popularity and Anti fans cyber bullying is what the outcomes are for these so called Informative Comparative Articles. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Ofcourse actors treat each other but this kind of articles start fanwars and I am tired that somebody refer LMH name with other actors every year because they make higher their name .You started new but we are tired these article for years.

Fan wars are meaningless to begin with. Each person has their own personal preferences and their idols. It depends on the fans whether they adequately relate to other preferences or not. It seems to me that everyone is capable of evaluating this or that information himself and forming his own opinion. But it seems to me that it is not wise to constantly look back at biased fans and be afraid of their condemnation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I did realize that , I was sleepy when I wrote it Grape and Wine had to be Grapevine became Grapewine Lol. Autocorrect Sucks.

I agree with @leeminhosny, even if the Actors themselves did not have anything wrong amongst them, the initial treatment and Articles was what had started the Fanwars. Moreover articles can be bought by certain xyz sections , Fanwars and fan contributing to popularity and Anti fans cyber bullying is what the outcomes are for these so called Informative Comparative Articles. 

I can't remember exactly but Somebody ask to LMH anything about KSH in 2013 or 2014 in China ,ofcourse he said beautiful things but Media added a new actor name LMH beside as "LMH's rival"  every year since 2009 , a new actor enter sector every year and they changes every year but LMH stayed on Top. Media uses LMH name for celebrity.

1 minute ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Fan wars are meaningless to begin with. Each person has their own personal preferences and their idols. It depends on the fans whether they adequately relate to other preferences or not. It seems to me that everyone is capable of evaluating this or that information himself and forming his own opinion. But it seems to me that it is not wise to constantly look back at biased fans and be afraid of their condemnation.

I am not afraid I don't want about that actor anything. I am tired his fans.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Fan wars are meaningless to begin with. Each person has their own personal preferences and their idols. It depends on the fans whether they adequately relate to other preferences or not

In an Ideal World Yes, In an IDOL world unfortunately Fanwars do have a certain impact.

We can only chose to ignore it, but has this ever stopped Media from Cooking The Gravy nope, TKEM might be the latest example for that. The rating war of all  Hallyu returns , which one suffered the most cyber article brutality? We all know that.

It pains a certain section to accept LMH Does have the advantage over rest. The more they try to Overtake , the more He emerges.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

On 12/27/2020 at 9:24 AM, Nikaa94 said:
pls help me find LMH in the group picture 
can you spot LMH ??
filming in SK has ended

some minoz on instagram say that lmh is the one wearing a cap under the board "ELEOS" but i cant really tell if its him or not

anyone here with a good eyesight that can confirm if its him or not?

Edited by Jillia
Please don't quote pics.
  • Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

17 minutes ago, lupeace said:

some minoz on instagram say that lmh is the one wearing a cap under the board "ELEOS" but i cant really tell if its him or not

anyone here with a good eyesight that can confirm if its him or not?

Lol he is ajussi :lol: LMH isn't here, his filming ended last week 

• LOL 3

On 12/27/2020 at 6:22 AM, Nikaa94 said:

Omg :lol: I feel bad for MBC, why is that? can they not afford to get good writers and star power? 

I think SBS is the most powerful one among channels considering how much they spend on taking LMH’s dramas away from all channels including cable ones. But I hope tvN can take LMH’s next drama. They should save money to buy and afford LMH’s drama B)

I think pachinko episodes will be released all at once  I think I will finish all episodes in a day or two. :( 

does anyone know how Apple TV plus release episodes? 

Yes I think the last big hit for MBC was W drama. MBC contents are not loved by local audience. Their shows have nowadays the lowest rating.  Since 2013 SBS is the channel that aired the most hit dramas for public broadcasting.

• Like 4