Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 10/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, Min2206 said:

cr as tagged

@Min2206, thanks for sharing this. The speculations have turned true that Lee Min Ho is likely to open his own  production house. Finally.................he shared the final logo, the font he has chosen for his production house following the reply of his fans. So, he chose the cursive writing, which is the fourth option. But he's yet to make an official announcement about his production house. :blush:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Lee Min Ho sends a food truck to Tale of the Nine Tailed sets to support Boys Over Flowers co star Kim Bum

Lee Min-ho had fans of Boys Over Flowers screaming in delight as The King: Eternal Monarch star sent over a food truck to show his support to Kim Bum for his ongoing tvN drama Tale of the Nine Tailed.
Written By Karishma Shetty  32006 reads  Mumbai  Updated: October 28, 2020 03:07 pm
Lee Min Ho sends a food truck to Tale of the Nine Tailed sets to support Boys Over Flowers co star Kim Bum
  •  
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Kim Bum made his monumental return to dramas after four years; since starring in SBS' 2016 show Mrs. Cop 2, with the ongoing tvN series Tale of the Nine Tailed as the charismatic Yi Rang. Fans have indeed been loving Bum's performance alongside Lee Dong-wook and Jo Bo-ah. However, for many, Bum will always be remembered as the bad boy with a heart of gold So Yi-jung in the iconic K-drama Boys Over Flowers.

Speaking of Boys Over Flowers, the 31-year-old actor is extremely close friends with his co-star Lee Min-ho, years after starring in the KBS series together. To show his support for Bum's recent project, Min-ho sent over a customised food truck to the sets of Tale of the Nine Tailed. Dressed in all-black attire, a dapper-looking Bum proudly flaunted his friend's gift by posing in front of the coffee truck and taking selfies with stickers attached to his face, which he shared on his Instagram page. In his caption, Bum made sure to thank his friend for the kind gesture which gave him strength during the shoot.

Check out Kim Bum's IG post where the actor poses in front of the food truck sent over by Lee Min-ho below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG4PfXnAXvO/?utm_source=ig_embed

F4 is alive and thriving and we couldn't help but adore this bromance!

Screenshot-2020-10-28-15-09-37-899-com-i

ALSO READ: Lee Min Ho's Pachinko sets to follow strict COVID 19 precautions; Food trucks and site visits RESTRICTED

Meanwhile, during the press conference for Tale of the Nine Tailed, Bum had spoken candidly about playing Lee Rang. "I think it would be hard to simply call Yi Rang a villain. Rather than a villain, I think he’s someone who becomes very focused on something and hooked on it," Bum

theorised via Soompi.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/lee-min-ho-sends-food-truck-tale-nine-tailed-sets-support-boys-over-flowers-co-star-kim-bum-570954

• Like 13
  • Wiggle 1

Annyeong chinggus !! 

So I read Pachinko this past weekend and finished it in like 3 days. I enjoyed reading it and was very engrossed with the story. I am excited and looking forward to how LMH will portray Hansu.  But I do wonder how much we will see LMH in the drama adaptation when the novel seems to cover so many characters with Sunja being the center of it all.   I am curious how the screenplay will be written, will it stay close to the book or not, but I do hope it will be the former. The book has a lot of fans and straying from the book might have a negative reaction from viewers and the book's fans.  

I also started watching videos of Lee Min Jee. Not sure if someone has shared this video but check it out at minute mark 57:37  where a student from Amherst asked LMJ what she thought  of Hansu. Her first reply is spot on ... that's definitely our boy !  LOL.  Anyway,  I hope you watch the whole video of her speech as it is very moving and fascinating.    

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, Kris Silva said:

Annyeong chinggus !! 

So I read Pachinko this past weekend and finished it in like 3 days. I enjoyed reading it and was very engrossed with the story. I am excited and looking forward to how LMH will portray Hansu.  But I do wonder how much we will see LMH in the drama adaptation when the novel seems to cover so many characters with Sunja being the center of it all.   I am curious how the screenplay will be written, will it stay close to the book or not, but I do hope it will be the former. The book has a lot of fans and straying from the book might have a negative reaction from viewers and the book's fans.  

I also started watching videos of Lee Min Jee. Not sure if someone has shared this video but check it out at minute mark 57:37  where a student from Amherst asked LMJ what she thought  of Hansu. Her first reply is spot on ... that's definitely our boy !  LOL.  Anyway,  I hope you watch the whole video of her speech as it is very moving and fascinating.    

Thanks so much for sharing the video @Kris Silva  Though I have heard Author Lee speaks previously, I still feel so impressed by the way she speaks and the words she used.  And yes, Hansu is hot and bad, and because they (referring to people like Hansu) can make ___ happens , something about them, they radiate heat - quote Lee Min Jee.      
Wow! Can't wait to see LMH in that role soon!

Earlier, I was reading @Missprincesa post below, Kris.  I feel comforted by it.  Perhaps the viewers / book's fans may not feel so negative after all. 

10 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

And, in this case, where it seems like the original work is going to be changed and adapted, I found specially interesting to read the novel first, because some times they can change the characters and the plot, but the same feeling remains and the original message is crearly respected and conveyed. 

It is difficult for me to explain it in English, but I strongly believe that reading the original material first is always a plus and makes my mind widen when watching the adaptation. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Min morning/evening/night Minoz 

i have gotten hold of a copy of ‘Pachinko’.. thanks to our wonderful public libraries here. I was not expecting it this soon, so now I am on the fence about reading it .. would it spoil the drama for me? Or would it add more meaning to it? 

What is your opinion lovely Minoz?

Ultimately, do what you want  @Aleumdaun.  I tend to watch when I'm eating; at times, I'm really not paying attention.  So, for me, I think reading the book will increase my understanding.  If there was a book for TKEM, it definitely would have helped.  Poor @1ouise , @syntyche and others had to explain much of what I was watching at our watch party :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

22 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

https://www.laineygossip.com/production-apples-adaptation-min-jin-lees-book-pachinko-began-yesterday-south-korea-intro-october-27-2020/67342

tmb_730x450_pachinko-open-27oct20.jpg

Intro for October 27, 2020

Lainey
Posted by Lainey
on 2020/10/27 at 9:00 PM

Dear Gossips, 

In 2017, Min Jin Lee’s Pachinko was released to critical acclaim, regarded as one of the best books of the year.

Roxane Gay named it her favourite book of 2017. In August 2018, after a bidding war involving multiple outlets, Apple acquired the rights to adapt the book to series with showrunner Soo Hugh writing the script and executive producing in partnership with production company Media Res, the same company that co-produces The Morning Show, with Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. The Pachinko deal is big – reportedly with a budget similar to The Crown. And it has to be because Panchinko is a sweeping story that will be told in Korean, Japanese, and English about four generations of a Korean family and takes place in Korea, Japan, and the US. 

:highonflowers:

Wow, with a budget similar to the Crown (and the Crown is excellent TV!), this has got to be the most anticipated production for 2021! Exciting news for Cast and Crew of Pachinko!!!:fullofhearts:

• Like 6

23 hours ago, willenette said:

@Aleumdaun, if you don't really mind spoiler like me, I'm sure it will add more meaning to you............... :blush: You know, spoilers make you enjoy stories MORE - Intuitively, killing the surprise seems like it should make a narrative less enjoyable. Yet research has found that having extra information about what you're watching/reading can make them more satisfying, as can the predictability of an experience. Spoilers actually are enhancers. When people go to see a particular drama/movie, they usually say - ‘Don't tell me how it ends!’” - For me, there isn't any thought that knowing the ending is going to ruin them. The point is, really we're not watching these things for the ending. Spoilers help you know the purpose of the overall narrative, so you’re able to better incorporate all of the details and plot points that get you to the end of the overall narrative, so you’re able to better incorporate all of the details and plot points that get you to the end. If you know the ending as you watch it, you can understand what the filmmaker is doing. You get to see this broader view, and essentially understand the story more fluently. Some familiarity with a work of art enables you to enjoy it more. Extra knowledge about a work of art makes it more enjoyable. :blush:

Thanks at @willenette. I sometimes wonder if you are a supercomputer - you are indeed a wealth of information as usual. There are some books I have enjoyed as movies first, and vice versa but sometimes wish they didn’t make the book into a movie at all. But, I have been encouraged enough to start reading the book and happy to report I’m intrigued so far. 

@Aleumdaun, if you don't really mind spoiler like me, I'm sure it will add more meaning to you............... :blush: You know, spoilers make you enjoy stories MORE - Intuitively, killing the surprise seems like it should make a narrative less enjoyable. Yet research has found that having extra information about what you're watching/reading can make them more satisfying, as can the predictability of an experience. Spoilers actually are enhancers. When people go to see a particular drama/movie, they usually say - ‘Don't tell me how it ends!’” - For me, there isn't any thought that knowing the ending is going to ruin them. The point is, really we're not watching these things for the ending. Spoilers help you know the purpose of the overall narrative, so you’re able to better incorporate all of the details and plot points that get you to the end of the overall narrative, so you’re able to better incorporate all of the details and plot points that get you to the end. If you know the ending as you watch it, you can understand what the filmmaker is doing. You get to see this broader view, and essentially understand the story more fluently. Some familiarity with a work of art enables you to enjoy it more. Extra knowledge about a work of art makes it more enjoyable. :blush:

Thanks at @willenette. I sometimes wonder if you are a supercomputer - you are indeed a wealth of information as usual. There are some books I have enjoyed as movies first, and vice versa but sometimes wish they didn’t make the book into a movie at all. But, I have been encouraged enough to start reading the book and happy to report I’m intrigued so far. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

Annyeong chinggus !! 

Like you said, we can't really tell how much we will see LMH. Since it is Sunja's story.  Lee Min Ji says he is hot but bad, a Yakuza gangster.  However, someone, maybe @gtLmh0622translated a review by someone in Weibo who recently read the book and she had a very good opinion of Hansu, and mentioned his goodness not his badness. That he is a sympathetic figure.  I am a bit confused as how she could read the book and come up with a different interpretation from the writer about Hansu. 

Just because of LMH, she has a lot of new readers.  I had never heard of her book and now I am interested. The power of LMH :doggie:

I am like you, I don't mind knowing the ending so I understand the overall narrative and can appreciate the story more. Only in a few cases, I prefer not to know the ending

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

Read it. Dramas and films are good in transmitting emotions through images, photography, music and acting and can be very touching and van get us to be very emotional. But literature is another thing, is a different language, a different way of presenting emotions and as readers we can get really invested, because what we can't see, we imagine it, putting a lot of ourselves in creating those images. 

Even if the film/drama is a faithful adaptation, I always try to read first the original work, because it gives me a different feeling and I know that things are going to be different from what I will see in the screen, because my point of view is necessarily different from the director's, actors' and so on. So, even if it is the same plot, I enjoy rediscovering it through the eyes of others. 

And, in this case, where it seems like the original work is going to be changed and adapted, I found specially interesting to read the novel first, because some times they can change the characters and the plot, but the same feeling remains and the original message is crearly respected and conveyed. 

It is difficult for me to explain it in English, but I strongly believe that reading the original material first is always a plus and makes my mind widen when watching the adaptation. 

Thanks @Missprincesa. You have written it beautifully. There were many instances that I had watched a movie first without realizing it was a book first but then read the book and fallen in love with it even more. 

Some directors and actors just elevate the story to another level and it does leave an even more lasting impression than the book which has made me wonder in awe how much grander their imagination and perception is. 

I have started with Pachinko - I’m not necessarily picturing LMH while reading this because the story in itself has held my interest so far. Appreciate your encouragement. 

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

Ultimately, do what you want  @Aleumdaun.  I tend to watch when I'm eating; at times, I'm really not paying attention.  So, for me, I think reading the book will increase my understanding.  If there was a book for TKEM, it definitely would have helped.  Poor @1ouise , @syntyche and others had to explain much of what I was watching at our watch party :lol:

Thanks @CarolynH. I decided to read it after the kind encouragements by fellow Minoz. I get what you say about TKEM. I still regret that SJN didn’t continue to write Faith. Even though @msdot did soothe that ache with her lovely recap/adaptation. I still would have liked to read what she wanted to say.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

How has ‘Boys Over Flowers’ remained so popular over the years?

boysoverflowers-lede-2-1300x975.jpg

Korean culture has gone global thanks to our beloved streaming services many of us couldn’t live without. K-drama Boys Over Flowers was one of the first media productions from Korean culture to lead the Hallyu wave to the West.

In 2009, the K-drama world was taken over by Boys Over Flowers, a South Korean TV show about the high school world, giving the teen romance genre new life. Based on the 90s manga, the series is about a working-class girl who gets tangled up in the lives of a group of wealthy young men in her high school.

boysoverflowers-01-2.jpg

Boys Over Flowers aired for 25 episodes on KBS2 from January 5 to March 31, 2009. The show quickly became one of the first K-dramas to gain international acclaim. In fact, the show is credited with launching the career of its lead actor, Lee Min-ho, who previously appeared in a small number of low-budget high school dramas.

After many years, Boys Over Flowers still remains one of the best Korean dramas for newcomers to enjoy. 

Trendsetter

Boys Over Flowers attracted high viewership ratings & buzz throughout South Korea during its broadcast in 2009 and created a huge Korean Wave throughout Asia – which eventually led to Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Nepal, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Sri Lanka . . .(Okay, you get the point, it’s POPULAR.)

The K-drama was so successful, cast members held tons of sold-out events across Asia such as concerts & meetings. According to Korea Herald, the enormous success of Boys Over Flowers sparked a fashion & grooming trend among Asian men due to it’s well-groomed metrosexual male characters.

A trip down memory lane

Boys Over Flowers is appreciated for its honest depiction of the high school world. The series reveals how high school is more than just academics; it’s a life full of obstacles one must overcome. 

As stated in Korea Herald, viewers say the show is nostalgic, bringing them back to their own high school days. 

What’s their popularity secret?

It’s 2020 and the show is just as popular as it was when it first aired in 2009. Stars in the K-drama believe the 2009 show is still relevant & popular today. According to K Drama, “With distribution through KBS World, DramaFever, Hulu, and availability on services like Amazon, Boys Over Flowers is an ubiquitous series that has served as the gateway show for many new Korean drama fans.” 

If this show is a gateway to most uninitiated anime viewers, that means that most people who start watching anime will watch Boys Over Flowers. Thus, the show stays popular & relevant with new generations even after a decade.

All hail streaming services

Thanks to Netflix, many hidden movie & TV gems have made their way back to the surface. Since Boys Over Flowers is streaming on Netflix, the show was able to remain popular and expand to western countries such as the United States. 

As stated in Elle Magazine: “Boys Over Flowers was ranked #6 (out of 10) on the October 2020 10 Best K-Dramas To Binge-Watch On Netflix list.” Elle’s popularity could have been influential to anyone reading the magazine. 

With such an expansive reach & impressive cultural mark, it’s no wonder Boys Over Flowers has continued to be popular & relevant since its airing in 2009. 

https://filmdaily.co/news/boys-over-flowers-popularity/

• Like 13
  • Wiggle 3

On 10/28/2020 at 10:39 PM, Ilmo yens said:

Kim Bums Instagram post was liked by Woo do Hwan

@Ilmo yens, thanks for sharing this. So NICE for LMH to send a coffee truck to his buddy.   Yes, KB posted this on his IG yesterday, October 28 of himself by the truck. LMH's coffee truck reads - “From Lee Gon to Lee Rang,” (referring to their characters in Lee Min Ho’s drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” and Kim Bum’s drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed.) A banner on the truck also read, “To the actors and staff, enjoy and gain strength!  Please look after Bum.”  This is amazing Lee Gon & Lee Rang - hahaha - I feel glad that they have a long lasting friendship since BOF. This is so adorable! :blush:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho Sends Coffee Truck To Kim Bum On Set Of 'Tale Of The Nine Tailed'

Lee Min Ho sent his 'Boys Over Flowers' co-star a coffee truck as gift on the set of his currently airing show 'Tale of The Nine Tailed.'

The banner personally customized by Lee Min Ho on the truck read, "To the actors and staff, enjoy and gain strength! Please look after Bum." Another banner on the truck quotes a line said by Lee Rang, Kim Bum's character in "Tale of the Nine Tailed," saying, "We've just opened up now! Have a drink with Bum."

On October 28, 2020, Kim Bum posted a host of images on his personal Instagram account, posing beside the truck sent to him by his friend. He referred to Lee Min Ho as 'Hyung' or older brother in his caption, showing their close bond with each other even after all these years. He also said, "From Lee Geon To Lee Rang," referring to their roles in their dramas, respectively. Lee Min Ho previously appeared earlier this year in the mega-hit drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' as the eponymous King, Lee Geon. Kim Bum is currently appearing as the nine-tailed fox Lee Rang alongside Lee Dong Woo's Lee Yeon in 'Tale of the Nine Tailed.'

Fans are absolutely floored at this cute interaction between two of the industry's top actors and cannot get enough of it.

Lee Min-ho is a South Korean actor, singer, and model. He gained widespread fame in Korea and parts of Asia with his role as Gu Jun-pyo alongside Kim Bum in Boys Over Flowers (2009), which also earned him the Best New Actor award at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards. His notable lead roles in television series include Personal Taste (2010), City Hunter (2011), The Heirs (2013), Legend of the Blue Sea (2016), and The King: Eternal Monarch (2020). Apart from his television career, Lee featured in the first lead role in the film Gangnam Blues (2015), followed by his first China-produced film Bounty Hunters (2016), grossed US$31 million and the mini-romance-web-series Line Romance (2014), grossed US$20 million.

Lee's television series' success globally established him as a top Hallyu star with a significant following worldwide, including Asia and western countries, most notably the U.S, France, Australia, Canada, Spain, and Italy. Lee became the first Korean celebrity to have a wax figure made in his image at Madame Tussauds, with figures being unveiled in Shanghai in 2013 and Hong Kong in 2014.

Lee Min Ho has recently been cast in the Apple TV mini-series called 'Pachinko.' This will be Lee Min Ho's first project since 'The King: Eternal Monarch,' and fans cannot wait for this comeback.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 10/28/2020 at 2:52 PM, willenette said:

thanks for sharing this. The speculations have turned true that Lee Min Ho is likely to open his own  production house. Finally.................he shared the final logo, the font he has chosen for his production house following the reply of his fans. So, he chose the cursive writing, which is the fourth option. But he's yet to make an official announcement about his production house. 

That would be great! Thanks for sharing! Happy for him! 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, JoannaID said:

A trip down memory lane

Boys Over Flowers is appreciated for its honest depiction of the high school world. The series reveals how high school is more than just academics; it’s a life full of obstacles one must overcome. 

As stated in Korea Herald, viewers say the show is nostalgic, bringing them back to their own high school days. 

This is the Only point I do not agree with. Honest depiction of Korean High School or any high school???

• Like 1
  • LOL 2