Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

7 hours ago, Snoe Whyte said:

According to Wikipedia the story will focus on Hansu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko_(2021)

The name refers to a pachinko gambling machine. Although, the adaption of the novel in the TV series, the series will also unfold the dark side of Hansu, silent leader of the yakuza.

Above Wikipedia page was deleted. But I will not be surprised the change of story leading by Koh Hansu.
The gap of subscribers between Netflix and Apple TV+ is quite big. Referring to the success of TKEM on Netflix, it's smart and fast to get numerous new subscribers by way of LMH's huge popularity worldwide.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

8 hours ago, Snoe Whyte said:

According to Wikipedia the story will focus on Hansu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko_(2021)

The name refers to a pachinko gambling machine. Although, the adaption of the novel in the TV series, the series will also unfold the dark side of Hansu, silent leader of the yakuza.

Oh yay, that is awesome eh :).

• Like 3

Paulo Coelho also fell in love with this... 'K Content' that holds the world

Following the K zombie craze brought by "Kingdom," a number of works, including TVN's "Crash Landing on You" and JTBC's " Itaewon Class," gained popularity overseas, and even Paulo Coelho left a review saying he had watched the entire series of "My Mister." Recently, actor Lee Min-ho has been confirmed as the main character of the local drama "Pachinko," produced by Apple TV Plus (+) in the U.S. Korean Wave stars have steadily entered the English-speaking world, but this time they are attracting more attention in that they have been selected as the main actors.

https://www.hankyung.com/life/article/202010232814H

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CallieP said:

Me too CH did it for me.  I love the action scenes in CH and the fact LMH did most of them himself, made it even more awesome.  I love the story line and his character in the drama.  His cheekiness and fake arrogance were entertaining too..

Yes, the mud scene in GB is one of the best action scenes I have seen too.  Many damaged suits :D.  They fact they used regular stuff as weapons.  LMH with his umbrella striking brutally at his attackers. The look on his face and his action scenes were unbelievable.  Never though he had it in him to be so brutal.  Was impressed. He said himself he had to dig deep to create that character.  

What are the US based verified accounts hyping LMH's Pachinko?

I was not a fan when I watched BOF, only after CH.  Came to enjoy him in BOF much later. :)

Oh yes, watching Gangnam Blues was the one defining moment that made me LMH's fan. After watching him in TKEM as a regal handsome / charming King, I was amazed to watch him as Kim Jong Dae, ruthless and brutal gangster, totally different from Lee Gon, he became the character he played, its a sign of a great actor. 

I did enjoy him as Gu Jun Pyo in BoF also, LMH literally carried that drama on his shoulders, he did justice to his role and he was just 22 at the moment. Two things that I loved about BoF, LMH's acting and the drama OSTs. :D 

About the US based verified accounts who were tweeting about Pachinko, there were many, here are just some of them:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 6

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Above Wikipedia page was deleted. But I will not be surprised the change of story leading by Koh Hansu.
The gap of subscribers between Netflix and Apple TV+ is quite big. Referring to the success of TKEM on Netflix, it's smart and fast to get numerous new subscribers by way of LMH's huge popularity worldwide.

@gtLmh0622, I couldn't agree with you more, dear....... That's why, I'm happy for LMH that he’s making his Hollywood debut now with this Apple TV “Pachinko”. :blush:

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho has officially joined the cast of Apple TV+’s Pachinko!

Filming commences on-location in Korea on October 26 with plans to film in Canada.

cap.png

It was reported that Lee Min Ho has been confirmed for cast of global drama Pachinkospanning across Korea, Japan and United States. It is based on Min Jin Lee’s best-selling novel of the same name and the story is about four generations of a Korean immigrant family and their saga that unfolds across Korea, Japan and the United States. Pachinko is a global project that will feature Korean, Japanese and English and it spans over eight episodes.

Filming commences on-location in Korea on October 26 with plans to film in Canada. According to Korean news reports, Lee Min Ho’s character Hansu is a “rich and powerful merchant with ties to organized crime.” They go on to state, “He’s an opportunist who’s true to his own desires while wanting to be pure when it comes to love. He’s a mysterious character who hides a secret and pursues a forbidden romance, and he plays an important role in the story.”

white-228x300.png

Variety states that Lee Min Ho joins a cast that also includes Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Kim Min Ha, Soji Arai, and Kaho Minami. The drama’s showrunner, executive producer, and main writer is Soo Hugh, and Kogonada and Justin Chon will each be directing four episodes.

Lee Min Ho who acted in The King: Eternal Monarch has become the first Korean celebrity to surpass 20 million followers on Instagram. He also garnered 20 million followers on Facebook.

Lee Min Ho’s agency confirmed that the actor has set a new record with his social media account. He hit the 20 million followers mark on Instagram. This remarkable milestone came just a few weeks after The Legend of the Blue Sea star reached 20 million followers on Facebook as well.

Aside from Instagram and Facebook, the actor also has more than 28.63 million followers on Weibo and three million followers on Twitter.

In other news, Lee Min Ho completed his first series, The King: Eternal Monarch after finishing his compulsory military training. Lee Min Ho was featured in a number of commercials since the end of the drama.

/TISG

credit : https://theindependent.sg/lee-min-ho-has-officially-joined-the-cast-of-apple-tvs-pachinko/

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1

15 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

And also they should give LMH/ WDH best bromance Award :unamused::approves:Actually LMH should win 4 awards , Really I wanted that WDH can attend with LMH to Ceremony :tears:

@leeminhosny, I think this will happen in case it would coincide WDH's vacation leave inside the camp. Like you, I also wanted that he can attend the event with LMH in case. :blush:

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

Paulo Coelho also fell in love with this... 'K Content' that holds the world

Following the K zombie craze brought by "Kingdom," a number of works, including TVN's "Crash Landing on You" and JTBC's " Itaewon Class," gained popularity overseas, and even Paulo Coelho left a review saying he had watched the entire series of "My Mister." Recently, actor Lee Min-ho has been confirmed as the main character of the local drama "Pachinko," produced by Apple TV Plus (+) in the U.S. Korean Wave stars have steadily entered the English-speaking world, but this time they are attracting more attention in that they have been selected as the main actors.

https://www.hankyung.com/life/article/202010232814H

@syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Apple TV Plus is an ad-free subscription video-on-demand web television service unlike its toughest competitor Netflix. It's just that Netflix, which is available to over 190 countries worldwide, Apple TV Plus is only accessible to about 100 countries. This could be one of the driving factors behind Apple TV+ rumored plans to expand into the South Korean market. Well, they are on the right track for tapping someone as celebrated as Lee Min-ho. :blush:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

8 minutes ago, noor ul ain said:

Congratulations everyone today we got no 1 spot in Daily ranking for AAA voting :glasses:

Yes @noor ul ain  Can't believe our eyes and fingers ... every minoz is so happy in the AAA chat!

@Aleumdaun @SophieH LMH is at no 1 on TODAY real-time ranking !   @Nikaa94 were you there .. I didn't get your hearts LOL

Thank you @leeminhosny for the post - yay !  17Million !

Congrats Minoz and thank you for the hard work. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2

3822062026.jpg

Lee Min Ho Participates in Drama 'Pachinko', Involved in Forbidden Love

Lee Min Ho is one of the actors who will play a role in the series "Pachinko ", as announced by Apple.

Reporting from ANTARA, "Pachinko" will be produced starting October 26. This series is an adaptation of the novel by Min Jin Lee of the same title. This series is about the four generations of Korean immigrant families.

This story starts from forbidden love and continues on a story of travel between South Korea, Japan and America.

It also tells stories of war and peace, love and loss, and victory using three languages, namely Korean, Japanese and English.

https://fixbanjarmasin.pikiran-rakyat.com/hiburan/pr-39871045/lee-min-ho-turut-berperan-dalam-drama-korea-pachinko-terlibat-cinta-terlarang

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Yes @noor ul ain  Can't believe our eyes and fingers ... every minoz is so happy in the AAA chat!

@Aleumdaun @SophieH LMH is at no 1 on TODAY real-time ranking !   @Nikaa94 were you there .. I didn't get your hearts LOL

Thank you @leeminhosny for the post - yay !  17Million !

Congrats Minoz and thank you for the hard work. 

Me too.I was so nervous in last few seconds dropping my remaining ever hearts.Alhamdulillah we made it on top today.also today's plan was good and today was Sunday that's why more people were active :issohappy:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

4 hours ago, noor ul ain said:

Me too.I was so nervous in last few seconds dropping my remaining ever hearts.Alhamdulillah we made it on top today.also today's plan was good and today was Sunday that's why more people were active 

I am more calmer with the AAA voting now .. just that bit kinda tensed - afraid server lag or hang.  Now we have to start from ground zero  LOL

Good to see you there @noor ul ain - Syabas!  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1