Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

14 hours ago, scrawford said:

36. but im reading online so i don't know if it's the same with real book. My real book will come tomorrow :)

Where do you find this online book?

14 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

Not saying there’s anything wrong with his flower boy image/ personality  because that’s how he cemented himself in my heart.  Just that this “branding” can detract from his desire to be considered a serious actor by non-fans.  Some say he’s “too pretty” to be a villain, “too elegant” to portray a poor boy, “too charming” to be evil, etc.  Nothing to do with his skills, just dealing with people’s expectations of him.   Him taking on a serious anti-hero dramatic role is a step toward evolving from the “pretty boy” image into a more versatile actor.  And him doing this in his 30s is a plus.  He has many, many years ahead to try out new things.  

Which brings me to his last IG post>>LMH Films.  What is that about?  Could he be in contract with Netflix or Apple TV to produce his own films/ videos?  I mean, if his company wanted to produce, it could’ve been MYM Films. But LMH Films....why?  I’m excited about the possibilities.

13 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Why don't you just say good looking. Because a flower boy is just a very elusive word. Doesn't itself mean much and in this case is sounds like condescending. There is no crime in looking good. Was kim jung dae or daejong flower boy. In effect most of his characters were grown men 

Flower boy is a term, I think created by Koreans themselves. Young men especially pop groups and young actors who are very fashionable in clothing style, who are extremely handsome to the point of being called pretty, a term which should be reserved for women. So they are called pretty boys instead of handsome.  All the F4 guys in BOF are considered flower boys in Korean society.  I think Japan also have many young men that are considered pretty boys. Some wear make up which is acceptable in Korean and Japanese society.  They are not macho or muscular.  Many popular Korean stars start that way.  LMH did not want to by typecast and strove to move away from the pretty boy or flower boy image.  Pixie was just referring to that when she said flower boy.  I think many equate macho to be someone like Hugh Jackman good looking but not extraordinarily handsome.  Park Bo Geum, Soong Jun Ki, Lee Jong Suk have been considered flower boys too, I think. Perhaps Ji Chang Wook as well.  Just trying to explain how I understand the term Flower Boy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

So you're reading a fake or imaginary book?  Sorry chingu--I couldn't resist!:kiss_wink:

Lol! My real book is coming today and I’m excited to not read on my phone screen. 

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Where do you find this online book?

I just googled “read pachinko online”.  I can’t share here since someone shared a link of the book in one of soompi thread and it was removed by admin. Worried about copyright infringement.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

yes he will be!! LMH will be filming for 7 months!! I’m sure Hansu will be the main character. 

7 months ? Where did you find this information ?

In my opinion, there's a character "Naomi" who is not in the book.
If they can create a new character, definitely they can change the main role to Hansu instead of Sunja.

Yes, I also think they won't offer a supporting role to a Korean "super" star and then put him in the headline of casting news. According to those articles, no one will think his role is just a background or appear only in 3 eps.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

If they can create a new character, definitely they can change the main role to Hansu instead of Sunja.

Yes, I also think they won't offer a supporting role to a Korean "super" star and then put him in the headline of casting news. According to those articles, no one will think his role is just a background or appear only in 3 eps.

Also there isn't a actor/actress who is more popular than LMH in drama  , If she/he is more poular name yes we can think " he may be background"

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 3/2/2017 at 8:09 PM, zinnia said:

MC: Then can we see that 'dirty love' in your next project?

MH: (2:20) In my next project, I want to take a role in an utterly fatal love story [fans screamed at it.] that I have never acted in. I guess that my fans will expect something like a fatal love story from me too.

MC: [To the fans] Are you okay with a fatal love story? [Fans screamed "Yes!"]

MH: Now that I'm in my thirties, I think I should act in a deep love story someday, sometime.

MC: Your eyes are so deep, so I think a fatal love story suits you so well.

MH: (2:53) Personally, I want to act in a film like 'Tokyo Tower'[a Japanese movie] with an actress older than me. [The MC cut in, "I'm older than you."]

MC: Then as a fan, do you have any female sunbaenim in mind you want to act with? As couple of a younger man and an older woman? You worked with JJH-ssi this time, and is there any other female sunbaenim you want to act with in a love story?

MH: (3:27) Um... Oh Yeon-soo sunbaenim [The MC cut in, "She was very good in 'Bad Guy'] and Shim Eun-ha sunbaenim. In a love story that can touch your heart...

MC: Both are beautiful. [Everybody laughed.] Good. We were told about kissing scenes so far. Wow, Mr LMH frankly told us episodes about his kissing scenes. I say thanks to him...

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/82760-lee-min-ho-♥-이민호-♥-ィミンホ-♥-李敏鎬-upcoming-2021-on-apple-tv-pachinko/?do=findComment&comment=20411987

Sharing this post/transcript again from the 2017 fan meeting, The Originality of LMH. 

I guess LMH is finally realizing his wish of acting in a deep love story! I've also posted previously that I wanted him to portray a deep character like Jong Dae in 'Gangnam Blues.' I am so elated that 'Pachinko' is going to be the realization of these wishes! Whenever I read stuff about LMH always playing the rich guy role, I always think they haven't seen how he slayed in 'Gangnam Blues' and how his take on that character debunks that stereotyping. And now he's adding Hansu of 'Pachinko' as proof that he is an exceptionally talented actor who is not afraid of taking on challenging roles beyond what is usually expected of him. B)

I am so ready to have my mind blown by LMH aka Hansu. 

:wow1::wow1:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3

10 hours ago, Min2206 said:

You will meet a lot of people who doubt you.  Heard of this saying -  Let people underestimate you.  That way they will never know for sure what you're capable of.      He has proven them wrong, not that he needs to but he will prove them wrong over and over.   Never underestimate the power of LMH. 

I love that quote @Min2206:kiss_wink:

10 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

BUT I THINK WE CAN GO INTO BUSINESS!   The LMH thread here has gotta start bringing in some revenue

What are we going to buy with the money?

I wonder if LMH's casting in Pachinko alters whatever award SBS is planning at the year end award show.  Even before Pachinko, I would think SBS would give him some award even if it's something made up like the eating award JJH received a couple years ago.  I'm sure it would be something that sounds important, but like I said back in 2016, it's just a way of SBS saying thank you to the actors in the SBS dramas.  

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

9 minutes ago, syntyche said:

I guess LMH is finally realizing his wish of acting in a deep love story! I've also posted previously that I wanted him to portray a deep character like Jong Dae in 'Gangnam Blues.' I am so elated that 'Pachinko' is going to be the realization of these wishes! 

Thanks @syntyche for reposting that interview bit on LMH's "dirty love". You remember!  [ Sorry to cut your post ]   And the MC said "Your eyes are so deep, so I think a fatal love story suits you so well."

Yes, I am ready too!   
:ilike:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, syntyche said:

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/82760-lee-min-ho-♥-이민호-♥-ィミンホ-♥-李敏鎬-upcoming-2021-on-apple-tv-pachinko/?do=findComment&comment=20411987

Sharing this post/transcript again from the 2017 fan meeting, The Originality of LMH. 

I guess LMH is finally realizing his wish of acting in a deep love story! I've also posted previously that I wanted him to portray a deep character like Jong Dae in 'Gangnam Blues.' I am so elated that 'Pachinko' is going to be the realization of these wishes! Whenever I read stuff about LMH always playing the rich guy role, I always think they haven't seen how he slayed in 'Gangnam Blues' and how his take on that character debunks that stereotyping. And now he's adding Hansu of 'Pachinko' as proof that he is an exceptionally talented actor who is not afraid of taking on challenging roles beyond what is usually expected of him. B)

:wow1::wow1:

Thank you for bringing up this post! One day (or one month, more probably) I will read the full thread, because there is a lot of interesting information all over it. 

11 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I wonder if LMH's casting in Pachinko alters whatever award SBS is planning at the year end award show.  Even before Pachinko, I would think SBS would give him some award even if it's something made up like the eating award JJH received a couple years ago.  I'm sure it would be something that sounds important, but like I said back in 2016, it's just a way of SBS saying thank you to the actors in the SBS dramas.  

You think he will be awarded? I don't really know how the awards work in Korea, if they are voted by public or critic, but I am afraid that with the low ratings in SBS TKEM will not be recognised as the huge success that it is globally. I really hope I am mistaken because the show is good and the acting work was also good, but I don't know what aspects are  the most important to give an award in kdramas. 

Anyways, since the award shows are around Christmas, I don't think that his casting in Pachinko will be a problem to attend the awards. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I love that quote @Min2206:kiss_wink:

What are we going to buy with the money?

I don't trust SBS because channels give awards according rating, They will give Daesang Nam Gong Min or Han Suk Hyu but Han Suk Kyu won in 2016 so maybe give Nam Gong Min, I won't wait Daesang but They should give Top Excellence Awards but I am not sure about this. I hope they think TKEM's international success

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

You think he will be awarded? I don't really know how the awards work in Korea, if they are voted by public or critic, but I am afraid that with the low ratings in SBS TKEM will not be recognised as the huge success that it is globally. I really hope I am mistaken because the show is good and the acting work was also good, but I don't know what aspects are  the most important to give an award in kdramas. 

Anyways, since the award shows are around Christmas, I don't think that his casting in Pachinko will be a problem to attend the awards. 

If SBS is smart, they will give him some award.  You don't want to burn your bridges, especially with someone like LMH.  I don't really put a whole lot of stock in the year end awards, but I sure want to see LMH in a tux.  Wait, would the ceremony be virtual? :tears:

• Like 9

I am waiting Top Excellence, Couple and Hallyu/Popularity Awards from SBS(Total 3 awards)  , If they think sensible and I hope SBS doen't forget LMH have worked with them since 2011 :unamused: or I will pick SBS most ungrateful channel

6 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

If SBS is smart, they will give him some award.  You don't want to burn your bridges, especially with someone like LMH.  I don't really put a whole lot of stock in the year end awards, but I sure want to see LMH in a tux.  Wait, would the ceremony be virtual? :tears:

There aren't fans, but we can watch living , I watched Heirs and Legend era , but it is so long  almost 4 hours :tears:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I think with all that is happening all around the world, the chance of a virtual ceremony is high. I don't know how are doing with corona in Korea right now, but in my country most of the events are being cancelled. 

But I would like also to see LMH in a tux! And with the rest of the cast! :tears:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

@CarolynH, the celebration takes place annually on December 31st. Many netizens expect this year's award ceremony to be the fiercest battle.  I'm curious, which drama will take the win for the grand prize "Daesang" as the competition is fierce. Well, I hope The King: Eternal Monarch gets its due recognition in South Korea. No official announcement yet from SBS if this event will be virtual.....The COVID19 disease control department in SK is currently enforcing the following rules regarding large group gatherings in South Korea: gatherings of no more than 50 individuals in an indoor setting, and no more than 100 individuals in an outdoor setting. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

According to Wikipedia the story will focus on Hansu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko_(2021)

The name refers to a pachinko gambling machine. Although, the adaption of the novel in the TV series, the series will also unfold the dark side of Hansu, silent leader of the yakuza.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2