Jump to content

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [Upcoming 2022 on Apple TV + : Pachinko];


CarolynH

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I just realized I don’t have AppleTV 

 

DAAAAMNIT 

 

I’m still broke from TKEM PPL and now I gotta buy a new streaming service

 

 

Hahaha I too Either have to search leagal sites or Buy Apple Device for this.

 

tv.apple.com might help for such scenarios. But Yes Somehow its very cheap per month in India I dont k ow about other countries though.

 

Aishh whosoever posted that Minoz Learnt Science and Maths during TKEM are so on point.

 

The Prime Number tables deducted from Euclid Number and The Device and Theories around the Tipler Cylinder ans ultimately it leading to No sense Time Travel Concept and them.being Eternal Time travellers was an Adventure in Itself.

 

But the Damn Shoe in TKEM that Shoe makes me throw a Shoe at my screen everytime I think about it. #EyesDecieved.

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, madmad min said:

 

 

Hahaha I too Either have to search leagal sites or Buy Apple Device for this.

 

tv.apple.com might help for such scenarios. But Yes Somehow its very cheap per month in India I dont k ow about other countries though.

 

Aishh whosoever posted that Minoz Learnt Science and Maths during TKEM are so on point.

 

The Prime Number tables deducted from Euclid Number and The Device and Theories around the Tipler Cylinder ans ultimately it leading to No sense Time Travel Concept and them.being Eternal Time travellers was an Adventure in Itself.

 

But the Damn Shoe in TKEM that Shoe makes me throw a Shoe at my screen everytime I think about it. #EyesDecieved.


I'm using Android phone and pad and don't have smart TV at home. I'm thinking I will buy an ipad. (buying new Apple products can get one year Apple TV+ for free.) But I just learned that Apple TV + can be watched by Chrome or other browsers on computer :
https://tv.apple.com

:happy2:

 

I have not created my Apple ID yet. Waiting for the further information of "Pachinko".

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

 

 

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina, thanks for sharing this picture - Sorry MOD - pardon me not to delete this picture - only this time.  This is an intriguing SNS update. When I saw this, I thought that he might be thinking of producing his next work. His IG post "Lee Min Ho Presents" was written in five different fonts with the caption, "Your Choice?" (pls. see below)  So, I thought that this might be a teaser into selecting the logo for his new production house. However, there are no official details available about this. His agency MYM Entertainment has not announced anything in this regard. For the explanation on the "Lee Min Ho Presents" posts, fans will have to wait for the actor's next post. Wait & see..........  :blush:

 

 

On 10/19/2020 at 7:03 AM, Nikaa94 said:

If MYM has the intention of verifying and confirming LMH’s casting while I’m asleep, then they should know I don’t have the intention of sleeping for now.. unless my brain overpowers my emotions and make me sleep lol  

 

@Nikaa94LMH and his agency MYM Entertainment are yet to make the announcement official regarding Pachinko. If accepted, following his grand entry in The King: Eternal Monarch after serving in military, Lee Min Ho will be seen blowing his fans away with another big budget drama with an international reach. Korean-American Soo Hugh of The Terror fame has written the script. He is also an executive producer of this drama. Media Res got the rights of the book for Hugh. According to Hollywood Reporter website, Ellenberg will be the executive producer Dani Gorin will be the co-EP. You see, Pachinko is the latest high-profile TV project to land at Apple. :grin:

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 5
  • Wiggle 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lee Min-ho cast in TV adaptation of critically-acclaimed novel 'Pachinko'

 

907922.jpg

The epic historical series, led by Lee Min-ho, boasts a budget akin to the award-winning royal drama 'The Crown'. Photo: Filepic

 

South Korean actor Lee Min-ho will be playing the lead role in Pachinko, an upcoming TV series based on the critically-acclaimed novel of the same name.

Lee's involvement in Pachinko is notable as the series is American streamer Apple TV+'s very first foray into K-drama territory.

 

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the eight-episode show is one of Apple's most expensive projects with a "budget akin to Netflix's The Crown."

The 33-year-old is no stranger to high profile projects, having just starred in the big budget K-drama The King: Eternal Monarch this year, which costs a staggering US$25.4mil (RM105.3mil) to make.

Pachinko is described as an epic historical novel which chronicles the life of a Korean family as they move to Japan. The story, set between 1910 and 1989, deals with racism and Korean-Japanese relations.

Written by Min Jin Lee, Pachinko was a 2017 National Book Award finalist besides being named one of the 10 best books of 2017 by The New York Times.

 

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle/entertainment/2020/10/22/lee-min-ho-cast-in-tv-adaptation-of-critically-acclaimed-novel-039pachinko039

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LMH's face is spotted everywhere in Singapore. His face is probably spotted also in many public spaces such as MRT stations, bus stations etc in my city, but since the pandemic situation here is not good, I'm still avoiding such places.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see how the script handles the languages of whatever role LMH plays in Pachinko. For example, Koh Hansu is Korean by heritage but was adopted into a wealthy Japanese family. So I assume he’d speak excellent Japanese. Ditto for Noa, a Korean who “passes” as Japanese for all his adult life. Both would speak Korean only when they’re with other Koreans. That would be the bulk of the dialog, but I’d think there would still be scenes where Japanese is spoken. So I’m asking myself if whoever plays those roles would have to speak Japanese without a strong accent, and how well LMH can pronounce Japanese. I suppose it’s possible that LMH might be cast in another role like Isak, a substantially less prominant but admirable character in the book. I hope not. Personally, I’d like to see him in a “gray” role like Hansu, a man who cares for Sunja and Noa but has another family as well. Perhaps much of the negotiation is around the script and the role he’d play. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I just realized I don’t have AppleTV 

 

DAAAAMNIT 

 

I’m still broke from TKEM PPL and now I gotta buy a new streaming service

 

13 hours ago, madmad min said:

 

 

Hahaha I too Either have to search leagal sites or Buy Apple Device for this.

 

tv.apple.com might help for such scenarios. But Yes Somehow its very cheap per month in India I dont k ow about other countries though.

 

Aishh whosoever posted that Minoz Learnt Science and Maths during TKEM are so on point.

 

The Prime Number tables deducted from Euclid Number and The Device and Theories around the Tipler Cylinder ans ultimately it leading to No sense Time Travel Concept and them.being Eternal Time travellers was an Adventure in Itself.

 

But the Damn Shoe in TKEM that Shoe makes me throw a Shoe at my screen everytime I think about it. #EyesDecieved.

@AgentQuake @madmad min I started a Hashtag #leeminhomademedoit regarding all the things we buy and subscribes just to support him and watch his drama/movie :). 

 

One minoz here said that we can download the Apple TV+ just like we do with netflix. And i already download it on my ROKU, i just haven't start the subscription. Im gonna watch all the dramas i want on VIKI and then cancel when Pachinko air :). Also Im waiting for my copy of Pachinko to arrive so i can start dig in, again #leeminhomademedoit

 

7 hours ago, msdot said:

It will be interesting to see how the script handles the languages of whatever role LMH plays in Pachinko. For example, Koh Hansu is Korean by heritage but was adopted into a wealthy Japanese family. So I assume he’d speak excellent Japanese. Ditto for Noa, a Korean who “passes” as Japanese for all his adult life. Both would speak Korean only when they’re with other Koreans. That would be the bulk of the dialog, but I’d think there would still be scenes where Japanese is spoken. So I’m asking myself if whoever plays those roles would have to speak Japanese without a strong accent, and how well LMH can pronounce Japanese. I suppose it’s possible that LMH might be cast in another role like Isak, a substantially less dominant but admirable character in the book. I hope not. Personally, I’d like to see him in a “gray” role like Hansu, a man who cares for Sunja and Noa but has another family as well. Perhaps much of the negotiation is around the script and the role he’d play. 

Same. Im curious to know who will he end up playing. I thought it would be really cool if he learn japanese. Maybe from speaking Korea, it would be easier to speak japanese than english? maybe somebody can confirm this. It wouldn't surprise me if he does learn to speak japanese for this role, considering he learn different pronunciation and lower his voice tone for TKEM.

 

The thing is, he was caught exercising at the GYM/Fitness center, so I'm thinking maybe he will play Hansu? since he is supposed to be part of Yakuza. But... while i don't care much at all about image and all that, iDK how Knezt and Avid Drama follower would think of LMH playing a Rich character again who got a teenager pregnant lol.

 

I do want him to take on more mature and challenging role, so i know i will enjoy whichever role he got and i know he will nail it and thankfully, it is 100% US produce drama, so we don't have to worry about SK reception of the project, although, it's always nice for LMH to get the recognition he deserve in his home country.

  • Like 9
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Hello. Just want to share at pic what I found.. the king eternal monarch ep 12 where Lee gon bought the cake for Yeong at the hospital .. the cake come from Paris baguette.. omg THE KING’S ROLL CAKE

 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqFMwkronnXp85hikz_AjMgV8lmbnlq_onIJM0/?igshid=10bee5qqshdns

 

 

 

 

 

Hello. Just want to share at pic what I found.. the king eternal monarch ep 12 where Lee gon bought the cake for Yeong at the hospital .. the cake come from Paris baguette.. omg THE KING’S ROLL CAKE

 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqFMwkronnXp85hikz_AjMgV8lmbnlq_onIJM0/?igshid=10czctqdv43yr

 

 

 

Hello. Just want to share at pic what I found.. the king eternal monarch ep 12 where Lee gon bought the cake for Yeong at the hospital .. the cake come from Paris baguette.. omg THE KING’S ROLL CAKE
 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqH_Q-L2scmK6dvIMlqMeHdxXPmy5vbmSJv3o0/?igshid=mvjgebn1pqum

 

 

sorry double post..don’t know how to delete the previous post..

  • Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I don’t have AppleTV  either.

You don't need apple TV. Apple TV+ is just like Netflix. You can download it in your ROKU or smart TV, or phone. And you can simply watch it on your computer. You do have to pay subscription tho. Here in the US it's only $4.99/month

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, scrawford said:

You don't need apple TV. Apple TV+ is just like Netflix. You can download it in your ROKU or smart TV, or phone. And you can simply watch it on your computer. You do have to pay subscription tho. Here in the US it's only $4.99/month

Oh okay, I don't know if I can do that right now, we are moving soon. But thank-you for the info :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

One minoz here said that we can download the Apple TV+ just like we do with netflix. And i already download it on my ROKU, i just haven't start the subscription. Im gonna watch all the dramas i want on VIKI and then cancel when Pachinko air :). Also Im waiting for my copy of Pachinko to arrive so i can start dig in, again #leeminhomademedoit

I love my Roku!  I can subscribe to so much (Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Viki, etc.) with just one device and watch it on the big screen. I can even watch YouTube videos and U.S. PBS stations on it from Mexico.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, msdot said:

I love my Roku!  I can subscribe to so much (Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Viki, etc.) with just one device and watch it on the big screen. I can even watch YouTube videos and U.S. PBS stations on it from Mexico.

Me too! And it’s not as pricey as the Apple TV device. 
 

im getting a bit impatient for some official statement from LMH’s side and hopefully we get some filming pics from local people

 

  • Like 6
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Me too! And it’s not as pricey as the Apple TV device. 
 

im getting a bit impatient for some official statement from LMH’s side and hopefully we get some filming pics from local people

 


You can’t be as impatient as me :joy::fiercebunny:

Yes, hopefully we get some filming pics on Monday. :hwaiting2:

 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [Upcoming 2022 on Apple TV + : Pachinko];

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..