Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

20 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Girls, don't hate MYM. I totally understand why MYM didn't release any statement.

It seems the whole production is top secret. A pledge for keeping secrets is written if actors participate in the auditions. If the actor asked about the character or any contents in the auditions, they asked you to read the book, no script or lines would give you. 

I think that those actors who lost chances after auditions would keep silent that you never know they have participated the auditions.

LMH 100% confirmed and prepared to start filming but he can't release anything.

The mere fact that his name was quoted to be playing as the protagonist of the local TV series "Pachinko" produced by the American APPLE TV+ by many social medias, says a lot.   That line of yours is comforting and thank  you @gtLmh0622 for your explanation.  :blush:  

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

I’d be curious to know if this is going to be in English or Korean, or both.  

They could also go the route of casting a well known US/Canada based actress in the female role(s).  Jamie Chung is Korean and I absolutely love her.  Arden Cho as well. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Girls, don't hate MYM. I totally understand why MYM didn't release any statement.

It seems the whole production is top secret. A pledge for keeping secrets is written if actors participate in the auditions. If the actor asked about the character or any contents in the auditions, they asked you to read the book, no script or lines would give you. 

I think that those actors who lost chances after auditions would keep silent that you never know they have participated the auditions.

LMH 100% confirmed and prepared to start filming but he can't release anything.

I agree. That article on the pledge for confidentiality on auditions sets the tone for the production of this whole project - shrouded in secrecy. Involved parties may be restricted by nondisclosure agreements (NDA), so all we could do now is wait until they are cleared to confirm. So we could see the silence of MYM as them simply complying with the nondisclosure agreement - which means LMH did accept it already! :D  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

23 minutes ago, syntyche said:

I agree. That article on the pledge for confidentiality on auditions sets the tone for the production of this whole project - shrouded in secrecy. Involved parties may be restricted by nondisclosure agreements (NDA), so all we could do now is wait until they are cleared to confirm. So we could see the silence of MYM as them simply complying with the nondisclosure agreement - which means LMH did accept it already! :D  

yesssssss

Allow me to wiggle 

:2540_meh:

Dispatch_celeb account in Instagram just posted about LMH’s casting , can someone share please

https://www.instagram.com/dispatch_celeb/?hl=e

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 5

31 minutes ago, syntyche said:

I agree. That article on the pledge for confidentiality on auditions sets the tone for the production of this whole project - shrouded in secrecy. Involved parties may be restricted by nondisclosure agreements (NDA), so all we could do now is wait until they are cleared to confirm. So we could see the silence of MYM as them simply complying with the nondisclosure agreement - which means LMH did accept it already:D  

@syntyche thank you.   
Wiggling with glee with you @Nikaa94  Unable to post the Dispatch IG as well, wonder why but the caption is Lee Min-ho enters the US with Apple TV+  (google trans)

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 5

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

Yes, LMH must be lurking at our Soompi and heard that we want him in a Netflix or Hollywood movie or series, critically acclaimed kind of series, good storyline, good director, good high quality production and big budget.  Professional cast.  He is giving us that and more.  Exceeds our expectations.  He gave us Apple TV which is new, exciting, eager to join the big guns and huge budgets.  He is listening to us.  Hope it gets as successful as parasite. Golden Globe nominee.

Now MYM has to confirm it.

Sorry to cut your post @CallieP

Let me second this VERY IMPORTANT STATEMENT.

LMH's representative did lurk on Soompi and they heard our thoughts, y'all!

They knew serious and articulate international fans gather in this forum.

Yesssss the power of Soompi fans!  :evilelmo:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 4

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/005/0001372715

The momentum of K-contents is unusual. It is a new Korean Wave in a different way from before. The popularity of Korean dramas and movies, which had spread locally such as Japan and Indonesia, has recently been affecting the world. From the simple consumption of content to the desire to learn the overall culture of Korea, including Korean, actor Lee Min-ho was selected as the main character of'Pachinko' produced by Apple TV Plus (+) in the United States, and K-contents became popular in overseas markets. The phase to have is increasing.

- skipped unrelated -

Hallyu stars, popular in Japan and China, have also begun to advance into the English-speaking world. Recently, actor Lee Min-ho was confirmed as the main character of the local drama "Pachinko" produced by Apple TV Plus (+). The fact that Apple TV Plus came up with a Hallyu star while creating contents targeting the world is a measure of how great the status of K contents is.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2

Sorry to break the excitement, but these US based girls on Twitter kept saying that we should refrain from believing that it's 100% confirmed, they argue that Hollywood entertainment is a whole different game with Korean entertainment.

Just posting this here for a balance voice while we wait and pray for the final firm confirmation.

• Unamused 3
  • Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

Sorry to break the excitement, but these US based girls on Twitter kept saying that we should refrain from believing that it's 100% confirmed, they argue that Hollywood entertainment is a whole different game with Korean entertainment.

Just posting this here for a balance voice while we wait and pray for the final firm confirmation.

What audition? LMH is already the male lead. The rest of the cast will go through audition  and the article’s point was that people who participated in audition must not tell anyone. 

Ignore this tweet! This US girl though..:unamused: 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

ignore this tweet its just that she's bitter over lmh's casting

the latest news clearly says that he is the main lead but other actors need to audition. even the previous articles were stating that he is the one who's considering it not the other way around.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, lupeace said:

ignore this tweet its just that she's bitter over lmh's casting

the latest news clearly says that he is the main lead but other actors need to audition. even the previous articles were stating that he is the one who's considering it not the other way around.

7 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Except that is not how Hollywood operates. They cast senior leading actors on before hand. Can't believe she was quoted tho

We've been quoting these two girls here several times actually haha. They are very vocal in Twitter about this because they are US based and one of them works as film editor there.

I don't think she's bitter though, she's also LMH fan, I read all of her tweets, she's just stating that it is not 100% confirmed, not about the audition thing, I don't know, LOL.

I just want to hear from all sides, since this is the first time LMH is rumoured to involve in a US produced drama, don't want to be disappointed later if this is not eventually confirmed. :D 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I wanna read the book before watching Pacincko or atleast what is neceessary since I am not a big reader and not so much into books. In fact I hate books. I have always been more into games. 

I am searching for how I can get my hands on these books. Any help would be great

@Elnin Joery, you may check amazon - https://www.amazon.in/s?k=Pachinko&i=stripbooks&creative=24790&tag=x_gr_w_bb_in-21&ref=x_gr_w_bb_sout 

OR

Try this link https://www.politics-prose.com/book/9781455563920

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, JoannaID said:

We've been quoting these two girls here several times actually haha. They are very vocal in Twitter about this because they are US based and one of them works as film editor there.

I don't think she's bitter though, she's also LMH fan, I read all of her tweets, she's just stating that it is not 100% confirmed, not about the audition thing, I don't know, LOL.

I just want to hear from all sides, since this is the first time LMH is rumoured to in a US produced drama, don't want to be disappointed later if this is not eventually confirmed. :D 

Actors like him are brought into to bring light to such a topic. securing their casting is high value for the production team. I am UK based and know alot about the film-TV industry

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

I just want to hear from all sides, since this is the first time LMH is rumoured to in a US produced drama, don't want to be disappointed later if this is not eventually confirmed. :D 

she's not a lmh fan tho. im familiar with her on twitter. she's either a shipper or a kge fan

if she was a lmh fan she wouldnt shade him like that 

i know they have been qouted here several times and they were very helpful to us in providing information. i thank them for it but i wont accept lmh to be shaded like this while the news are crystal clear

• Like 3
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Actors like him are brought into to bring light to such a topic. securing their casting is high value for the production team. I am UK based and know alot about the film-TV industry

So do you think this is 100% confirmed? That LMH will be part of this Pachinko project?

Just want a confirmation from someone who knows how the industry works in Western entertainment. :) 

• Wiggle 3

4 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

So do you think this is 100% confirmed? That LMH will be part of this Pachinko project?

Just want a confirmation from someone who knows how the industry works in Western entertainment. :) 

Yes his 100% doing this. He never releases any casting info without it being true and if it was not his agency would have shout it down immediately but they released it on purpose and never shout it down and just let it spread on purpose. He never mediaplays and never really needed all that. MYM is behind all of this. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3