Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Yay for the event thread spotlight! Glad he gets the recognition he deserves. Despite his gigantic fanbase, I feel like a lot of the general public judge him because of his roles. Like they don't even give him a chance and think that he "only uses his good looks to land cliché romantic rich guy roles". 

Too bad for them because our boy can a c t .

Anyways, I'm curious to see how his career is going to evolve from now on and whether he will take on more movie roles.

It would be interesting to see him in an action movie or thriller - or in a role that's completely different from what he played so far.

Although I really do appreciate all his projects, I think it could be super interesting to see him break out of this pretty boi™ image, by interpreting something more dark or rougher. So he can show the world his true range and versatility. 

And who knows maybe one day, he'll fly out of being an "oppa" to take on "ajussi" roles (yeah I'm looking really far ahead :lol:)

On this note, I'm just going to leave this here:

tumblr_ou0vgkB5kr1rdfdp5o1_500.gifv

(the thirst is real) 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

16 hours ago, partyon said:

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Aleumdaun @Min2206 @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @Thong Thin @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH 

What a great thread spotlight post! I also like Lee Min Ho - I learnt new things about him by reading your post. You guys are awesome! :dorakiss:

@syntyche I also really enjoyed watching the video you made. :kiss_wink:

Thank you so much @partyon!  We tried to include things about LMH that some people don't know.  I particularly think he is adorable when he's shy.  

4 hours ago, violetts said:

Yay for the event thread spotlight! Glad he gets the recognition he deserves. Despite his gigantic fanbase, I feel like a lot of the general public judge him because of his roles. Like they don't even give him a chance and think that he "only uses his good looks to land cliché romantic rich guy roles". 

Anyways, I'm curious to see how his career is going to evolve from now on and whether he will take on more movie roles.

It would be interesting to see him in an action movie or thriller - or in a role that's completely different from what he played so far.

Although I really do appreciate all his projects, I think it could be super interesting to see him break out of this pretty boi™ image, by interpreting something more dark or rougher. So he can show the world his true range and versatility. 

And who knows maybe one day, he'll fly out of being an "oppa" to take on "ajussi" roles (yeah I'm looking really far ahead :lol:)

(the thirst is real) 

Thank you for your post @violetts!:kiss_wink:  Many think he's just a pretty face and don't give him a chance.  I also would like to see him take some chances with something dark.  We had a convo a couple pages back whether people would accept LMH possibly as a killer.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 9/11/2020 at 6:58 PM, Lmangla said:

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT!

hey ya chingus, with this spotlight, get ready to discover the actor that has a huge fan base ~ Lee Min Ho. for many kdrama fans, boys over flowers was their first drama they watched and their entry to the beautiful dramaland! so come and get to know a bit more about him from a fan's perspective! please hit like and post comments to encourage the group who put this together!

---------------------------------------

THREAD: Lee Min Ho

CATEGORY: actors & actresses

Spotlight video:  check out the video made by @syntyche that puts the spotlight on his career, his friends, his charity, his interactions with fans as well as glimpses of his happy goofball smile! all in less than 3 minutes! :D

Credits to owners of photos and clips

music: "Love Motion" by Lee Min Ho

Who is Lee Min Ho?

Lee Min Ho began acting and modeling as a teenager, and, interrupted only by a serious auto accident that kept him hospitalized for months, went from bit parts to leading roles in just a few years. He first shot to international stardom as the leader of a small group of handsome, rich and intimidating high school friends, dubbed the “F4”, in the classic series, Boys Over Flowers. Since then he’s taken on diverse roles such as a vigilante seeking revenge, a struggling young architect, a 14th century warrior, an illegitimate, troubled heir, a ragpicker turned gangster, a conman, and most recently a present-day king in a parallel world. He is Immensely popular with fans around the world, with more than 65 million social media followers from Asia to Africa.

What makes him special?

While many fans may be initially attracted to his good looks and tall, elegant bearing, they soon learn there is much more to him. He has won an acting award for every series in which he’s starred, as well as a prestigious Grand Bell award as Best New Actor for the film, Gangnam 1970. Followers and coworkers also love his down-to-earth personality with a notable absence of arrogance. One producer-director said that he was one of the most hardworking, humble and selfless actors he has ever worked with, despite being one of the biggest South Korean stars. His foundation, Promiz, has supported projects all over the world, and he personally contributed 350 million won to fight the COVID pandemic, more than any other Korean celebrity.

Although his presence shines brightly whenever he's in the public eye, he leads a quiet private life, spending time with family and friends, including fellow actors Jung Il-woo, a long-time friend from high school; Kim Bum, one of the "F4" members in Boys over Flowers; and the latest addition to what fans are calling a new "F4", Woo Do-hwan, who costarred with him in The King. 

Capturing hearts....

We asked Soompi fans to say what drew them to Lee Min Ho, and here’s a small sample of what they said:

“Genuine and considerate… Exceptional acting skills, making each role memorable… Shows care and concern for his fans…Witty and thoughtful… Easily laughs at himself, sometimes adorably dorky and goofy… Shy and embarrassed when he receives a compliment… Incredibly expressive eyes that speak a thousand words… Sweet smile on gorgeous, kissable lips… Oozing with charisma… His intense gaze and the way his eyes twinkle when he speaks or laughs is enough to melt any heart.”

One fan said it best about his different roles: “Gu Jun Pyo's ridiculous charm pulled me in (Boys Over Flowers), Yoon Sung's panache fluttered my heart (City Hunter), Choi Young's sincerity, bravery, courage, loyalty and code of honor floored me (Faith), Kim Tan's eyes intrigued me (Heirs), Jong Dae's misplaced ideals and love just killed me (Gangnam 1970), Joon Jae's antics made me ridiculously happy (Legend of the Blue Sea), and Lee Gon's majesty made me want to travel to his kingdom to see him in full glory (The King: Eternal Monarch).”

Spotlight contributors: :heart:  @msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Aleumdaun @Min2206 @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @Thong Thin @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH 

---------------------------------------------

About thread spotlight : it is an event series where we highlight various threads across soompi from different sections - actors, dramas, shippers, kpop ....  thread members get to show off their fan feels and highlight the subject of their thread to the rest of the community. with so many threads, we may not be aware what is happening around soompi and it is a chance for us to discover these threads from a fan's perspective.

we will be highlighting 1-3 threads a month; if your thread is interested for next month, reach out to me and @partyon

thanks to the Lee Min Ho thread for putting this spotlight together! hoping to discover more new threads around soompi! 

---------------------------------------

What an Excellent and Brilliant job !

Thanks to @Lmangla , all the contributors and not forgetting  @syntychefor the awesome video. The song Love Motion goes well with the video. LOVE it ! :heart:

e6697bfe63d59331085ee7e1deffdddd.jpg

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

6 hours ago, violetts said:

I think the last 14 years, he was leveraging his youth and good look on roles which wider/general viewers could easily accept first and introduced many international viewers to the world of K-drama, I think this was strategic step which led him to become a Hallyu superstar he is right now. I mean not many K-actors can achieve the level of global popularity that he has achieved so far. It's really amazing how even an ordinary girl who lives in rural area far away from the city in my country knows who Lee Min Ho is, no other K-actor can match this.

I believe he will take on more unconventional and more difficult roles going forward too, Gangnam Blues was his first project and it gained good recognition. 

@Thong Thin Thanks chingu! Looks like we are on the same side of the globe. It's Sunday morning for me too! :D 

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

13 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

I think the last 14 years, he was leveraging his youth and good look on roles which wider/general viewers could easily accept first and introduced many international viewers to the world of K-drama, I think this was strategic step which led him to become a Hallyu superstar he is right now. I mean not many K-actors can achieve the level of global popularity that he has achieved so far. It's really amazing how even an ordinary girl who lives in rural area far away from the city in my country knows who Lee Min Ho is, no other K-actor can match this.

I believe he will take on more unconventional and more difficult roles going forward too, Gangnam Blues was his first project and it gained good recognition. 

agree with you!

i also have a feeling that Oppa will surprise us!!:wut:

What type of role is he looking for? MYM said he was reviewing for next work. Lets hope they will announce by October! 

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

7 minutes ago, SophieH said:

goshhh you really did fool me there for a second ! 

ohh :mrgreen:

my intention was not that though :sweat_smile: i promise! :approves:

how was the feeling? when you thought it was real?:getmygrooveon:did you google to find the news? :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Very strange. Why is it so. I don't understand.

You mean, why the production company instead of MYM?  It could be because KES was the writer.  Now I'm curious, how was confirmation for his other dramas announced? Starhaus? the production company?  Oh!  maybe this is a question that @willenette knows the answer!  But with other actors, you read that they are in talks before anything is confirmed.  Now I'm confused.  Is it different with LMH?

Question about the King's choice poll.  What does the downward arrow mean?  Does it mean he is receiving less votes or people are hitting the down arrow?  I accidentally hit the down arrow 3 times -ugh because the screen moved so my fat finger hit the wrong spot:onfirex:

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

But with other actors, you read that they are in talks before anything is confirmed.  Now I'm confused.  Is it different with LMH?

yeah, i also realized other celebs's agencies release statement saying that their actor has received an offer and that they are reviewing positively.   lol

we should check out how LOTBS was announced.. curious to know..

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Min afternoon....

the wait for new project is awfully painful. Just a suggestion to keep us going. In the paid minoz zone, there is a 'To LMH' section where fans could send him letters/messages. thinking maybe we could send him a group letter with the title ' love from soompi minoz' or something catchy ...?   there's no mention of max word limit, they allow photo upload as well. The content is kept private, only the subject title is visible to other minoz in the paid area. 

not sure how we could run this...any suggestions from anyone?  tagging our leader @CarolynH. once we have the message i can post it using my account. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, SophieH said:

Min afternoon....

the wait for new project is awfully painful. Just a suggestion to keep us going. In the paid minoz zone, there is a 'To LMH' section where fans could send him letters/messages. thinking maybe we could send him a group letter with the title ' love from soompi minoz' or something catchy ...?   there's no mention of max word limit, they allow photo upload as well. The content is kept private, only the subject title is visible to other minoz in the paid area. 

not sure how we could run this...any suggestions from anyone?  tagging our leader @CarolynH. once we have the message i can post it using my account. 

Great idea @SophieH:kiss_wink:  Maybe we can start with sending our thread spotlight, if nothing else, but to test the site.  Any volunteers to form a group to work on this project?  Don't be shy!  If nothing else, it will help pass the time.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4