Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Hi guys!

I'm rewatching PT.  I don't rewatch that drama often, but I'm seeing it with different eyes.  I think it's an underrated LMH drama.  He never mentions it when he talks about his dramas.  

The problem with Heirs is that the character KT didn't give LMH much to work with.  What I like is he was in a lot of the scenes, unlike TKEM, which is my problem with the latter.  Heirs would have been better if they focused on the relationships between KT and his brother and KT and YD.  When I first read that LMH confirmed with for TKEM, at first I thought great, in terms of ratings.  But later, I thought about it again.  She had 2 major hits with Goblin and Mr Sunshine, at some point, she's going to write a drama that doesn't do well.  I also hope LMH does not work with KES again.  Two strikes and she's OUT! lol

@nikka94:  I struggled mightily to finish Bridal Mask.  I don't know if it was too many episodes, but I came close to dropping it.

So, I opened an Instagram account to follow LMH.  I also decided to follow ICE since she posts a lot of great videos with LMH and ----Maximus! lol.  Is there anyone else I should follow?  I guess MYM.

Before a drama or movie, I'd like him to try a variety show; just to try something different.  Hey, maybe the new F4 together in a variety show.  I'd love it!

• Like 3
  • Love 6

28 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

So, I opened an Instagram account to follow LMH.  I also decided to follow ICE since she posts a lot of great videos with LMH and ----Maximus! lol.  Is there anyone else I should follow?  I guess MYM.

Before a drama or movie, I'd like him to try a variety show; just to try something different.  Hey, maybe the new F4 together in a variety show.  I'd love it!

From a fellow minoz to another minoz, I am proud of you! Anything for our boy! 

Ummmm.... yes please! I need the 4 of them on a variety show together!!!!!!! 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'm rewatching PT.  I don't rewatch that drama often, but I'm seeing it with different eyes.  I think it's an underrated LMH drama.  He never mentions it when he talks about his dramas.  

I looked at the local ratings for PT. The ratings are consistent and all double digit. In Seoul the highest rating was 17.6 and nationwide 16.2 LMH's co-star, SYJ, is in it and they both have good chemistry. Why he doesn't talk about it? Was SYJ a famous actress at that time?

I am still confused. Some dramas are double digit and not popular. Was PT popular overseas? 

Two strikes and she's OUT! lol

:joy: agree! 

YESSSSSS!!!

Just anything! even short drama like innisfree "Summer Love" :joy: Does anyone know where can I watch 2 episodes of Summer Love with English sub? By the way, LMH and Yoona are very cute together. Have you watched their interview? so fun! 

• Like 8

Just wanted to come in here and say I ship the imja couple so hard! They make my heart go “thump thump, thump thump.”

:heart2beat:

Even though I must admit, imja is a bit more annoying in the first few episodes than I remember lol. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

I looked at the local ratings for PT. The ratings are consistent and all double digit. In Seoul the highest rating was 17.6 and nationwide 16.2 LMH's co-star, SYJ, is in it and they both have good chemistry. Why he doesn't talk about it? Was SYJ a famous actress at that time?

I am still confused. Some dramas are double digit and not popular. Was PT popular overseas? 

Those are decent ratings, IMO.  I'm curious too, why LMH doesn't mention PT.  Maybe there wasn't a big splash afterwards like BOF, CH, Heirs etc?  I think SYJ was an established actress at that time.  Maybe @willenette, who was following LMH at that time can shed some light on this?  The soompi thread didn't even reach 200 pages.  

• Like 7

13 hours ago, scrawford said:

I love Heirs, it’s easy to digest drama and I agree with you that the scene in Almond grove is very well done, between him and his brother and him and cha eun sang. It was very vulnerable and he did look young and boyish.... also very handsome :). But that’s the thing, it’s a rich family drama with scandals and their kids and their problems that could be made a strong story with good story arc, but I feel like KES Started to go downhill in the writing department maybe around episode 12-13 And up? It’s another one of those missed potential. I love the premise and what she was trying to convey in that drama, but I can tell again, and the writting got lazy towards the end :(.

TKEM story had so much potential and even with whatever is lacking in TKEM, I still really enjoy it. I love foreshadowing and double meaning and stories that has their clues/answer within their seemingly non important dialogue. But yeah she is trying to cramp so much in 16 episode that I feel like she confused herself on what to focus on. So many characters to develop, I feel like this should have been 24 episode, that way she can properly develop the story and the character and the viewer can get attach to the character. Many people finally get attached to the OTP at episode 12, but the show is about to be over. Sigh...

I love city hunter, but I don’t know if CH2 is a good move. Here is why, I feel like we tend to look at the pas with fondness, and we want to go back to that fondness right? Same thing with remember how amazing he was in City hunter and how amazingly received that show in China and SK (based on my reading) it’s normal for us fans wants him to see him back in that kind of success, but I don’t want LMH to reprise old roles, at this point it will be good to keep City Hunter legacy as we remember it now, CH 2 would be like him going back

to his past relationship because of the good memories, until he realize that it doesn’t work for the present and he needs to move on, carve a new path try new things he never try before. 
that’s just my take on him reprising old roles, not just City Hunter.

I also loved Heirs. It was the first LMH drama I watched. I loved how he played Kim Tan. When Kim Tan was hurting my heart ached with him. I also love the song LMH sang, Painful Love. I don’t understand Korean but I still live his voice and the music. Faith and LOTBS were also great dramas. Sadly I haven’t watched City Hunters. I Am currently rewatching Boys Over Flowers cause I’m missing TKEM. It’s a cute drama. It just frustrates me sometimes because of the many love obstacles Jun-pyo and Jan-di has to go through.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I LOVE the imja couple! It’s the cutest thing how Daejang is startled by every little gesture. 

I’m telling ya, LeeEul is literally shaking right now. 

Don’t mind me. I’m going to be popping in once every few hours to express my heart away! 

:D

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 8

Wow ! Just one day's absence, I missed almost 10 pages happiness.  :o

This is soooo cute.

006nWgTigy1gfz3sty856j31400u0drp.jpg

cr. -麋诺子-

Spoiler

There were Lee Jung Jing's interviews these days, it seems he's also full of humble and wisdom like our bb.

1. He was absent in drama/movie for 3 years. He said "it was not intentionally that I didn't take a work, however I was looking for a work I could act, then 3 years passed." When he got the offer of Lee Lim, he asked "Why me ? There will be lots of actors want to participate to this work." And he said "Lee Min Ho is the first confirmed cast, they said they need an actor with enough charisma against him."
2. He lost 9 kg to fit the character Lee Lim.
3. He said "I should not say anything about the result of this drama. Comparison to the rating, what the memories this work brought to me is more important."
4. There were lots of comments in various foreign languages in his IG account and the numbers of like were suddenly increased. He thought the system was wrong, but then he found that "The King" was big hit overseas. There were many comments asked him to be good to Lee Min Ho. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 2

36 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

4. There were lots of comments in various foreign languages in his IG account and the numbers of likes were suddenly increased. He thought the system was wrong, but then he found that "The King" was big hit overseas. There were many comments asked him to be good to Lee Min Ho. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I’m really happy for him! I hope everyone involved in TKEM only becomes more successful because of it. Aside from him, WDH more than doubled his Instagram followers and kge too. 

p.s. I’m following all of the cast on Instagram :) 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Oohlala :wub:

cr: Minami

Ea9SHJ5UYAEE4eL?format=jpg&name=small

Ea9SHSTUwAAxrnE?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

Ea9SHKnUMAAU88n?format=jpg&name=small

********************************************************************************

Lee Minho, who is about to celebrate his 33rd birthday on June 22, is no longer the ‘flower boy’, but a ‘perfect monarch’ with a better acting and a stronger mature appearance

cr: minozlmho

EbAmmLoU0AEMZxJ?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EbAmmiCU0AEvxAP?format=jpg&name=small

EbAmmZiVcAEQ6H5?format=jpg&name=small

EbAmmiDU8AEPvi8?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

I saw an IG post.. There was this article about LMH's latest IG update (The sexy one wearing jeans and blue jacket). The article was top 3rd of the most viewed articles. It was viewed  more than 52K. :glasses:  

Imagine LMH's article coming back with a movie or drama!!:glasses: How many views?? lol 

I couldn't find it on Twitter to share..

• Like 3
  • Love 2

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Episode 7, the young prince, daejang’s pain, does imja not understand one bit? Someone give him a hug! 

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Should I be doing this in the Faith thread? Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I saw an IG post.. There was this article about LMH's latest IG update (The sexy one wearing jeans and blue jacket). The article was top 3rd of the most viewed articles. It was viewed  more than 52K. :glasses:  

Imagine LMH's article coming back with a movie or drama!!:glasses:

I couldn't find it on Twitter to share..

CAN’T WAIT! 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Don't know what to do with my life on the day of solar eclipse, so I came up with another suggestion.

There's a hollywood movie Jagged Edge which had a bollywood remake named kasoor, where the male lead kills his wife but fakes innocence to his lawyer who is the female lead. In the mean time he seduces her successfully despite her having several warnings from her colleague that the ML is the real culprit. She does everything in her power to save the man and realises her mistake too late. ML then tries to kill her too but in the end gets killed by the colleague who has a crush on FL. 

There are so many layers in the negative role of main lead which would be perfectly portrayed by LMH. For the FL my choice is SHK.

and PHJ as the second male lead.

I am done. Thankyou for bearing with me.

:dorashakes:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Just anything! even short drama like innisfree "Summer Love" :joy: Does anyone know where can I watch 2 episodes of Summer Love with English sub? By the way, LMH and Yoona are very cute together. Have you watched their interview? so fun! 

You should find it on YouTube with English subs. 

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

there anyone else I should follow?  I guess MYM.

You should also follow his charity organization's Instagram page. promiz2014. Lol I also joined Instagram to only follow him and other Korean celebrities. 

• Like 3

I love The Heirs.  It's a drama that is not to be taken seriously...full of cliches and KDrama tropes.  I still look back on it fondly and it's great seeing how most of the actors have moved on to bigger and better things.  

And yes, the three main characters were all written poorly (I cringe at how the two guys kept on ordering or bullying the FL around), but I am more forgiving since this is a a show set in high school (even though they don't look like high-schoolers hahaha).   

For all the criticism hurled against that show, it was the show that further propelled LMH's stardom and I appreciate it for that.

• Like 7

I miss our boy too ! Went on a bubble tea hunt this afternoon since i miss him so much especially on his birthday (a couple of hours more to go !) glad i found the store not too far from where I live. 

Happy Birthday Pyeha... wishing you every success in your next role. I'm saving up for your cellreturn mask but for now can only afford a cup of bubble tea to cheer for your birthday lol. cheers cheerzzzz ! 

d1wQFA0.jpg

• Like 6
  • Awesome 4

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Those are decent ratings, IMO.  I'm curious too, why LMH doesn't mention PT.  Maybe there wasn't a big splash afterwards like BOF, CH, Heirs etc?  I think SYJ was an established actress at that time.  Maybe @willenette, who was following LMH at that time can shed some light on this?  The soompi thread didn't even reach 200 pages. 

CarolynH, ohhh.................do you think so? Sorry, IDK what to answer you on this - hahaha - What I can only remember in one of his interviews then was he said that "Personal Taste" was his first experience in doing a bed scene and he was very embarrassed because there were so many people see him (doing the bed scene). He was very thankful to Son Ye Jin because according to him she was very helpful during that scene. Most people/fans then thought all along that when he took to do this drama he would play as gay but he said - "i'm not a gay, and neither did my character, Jeon Jin Ho!" Ye, Son Ye Jin was already an established & experienced actress then that's why, LMH said that he respected her a lot. She rose to fame in romance-themed films and television series such as The Classic with Jo In Sung (2003), Summer Scent with Song Seung Hun (2003), A Moment to Remember (2004), and April Snow with Bae Yong Joon (2005) & still counting. She's tagged as the "Queen of Melodrama". After finishing the drama, Son Ye Jin said to public media that Lee Min Ho was a very good kisser and she was satisfied with his kiss.. Nikaa, PT was popular overseas. And based from the ratings that this drama got, it was a "strong" drama despite that it was underrated in Korea, my opinion. LMH got an Execellence Award for this series. :blush:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Indianfan said:

Don't know what to do with my life on the day of solar eclipse, so I came up with another suggestion.

There's a hollywood movie Jagged Edge which had a bollywood remake named kasoor, where the male lead kills his wife but fakes innocence to his lawyer who is the female lead. In the mean time he seduces her successfully despite her having several warnings from her colleague that the ML is the real culprit. She does everything in her power to save the man and realises her mistake too late. ML then tries to kill her too but in the end gets killed by the colleague who has a crush on FL. 

There are so many layers in the negative role of main lead which would be perfectly portrayed by LMH. For the FL my choice is SHK.

and PHJ as the second male lead.

I am done. Thankyou for bearing with me.

:dorashakes:

The bollywood Movie name I forgot , I remember the Songs though Lol! IMO SHK will be a bit older for The Lead Lady's though.

The Heirs Opening Montage Kept bringing me back to Hold onto this show. I love to Hate it. The major problem I found was with how the Leading lady was written, had I been her , I would left both KT and YD and live my own life. Man more than her heart Her hand / shoulder bones would have suffered more by the rigourous amount it kept getting pulled by both the main leads.

I sometimes feel that when KES wants to sell the shows outside of SK she asks LMH to play the lead role. LG as a character was fit to a T for LMH no doubt , But again a but....with script holes.Alas. KES knocked out for sure.

Btw why is the Faith OTP called IMJA? :phew:

• Like 10