Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

33 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Camellia Blooms! Ugh, how I wish it was lmh playing opposite of GHJ lol.

The writer is great at making all stories interesting and all characters likable. I’ll tell ya, I can’t recall 1 single scene that I didn’t enjoy. I haven’t watched much of her work though. I know she is the writer of Fight for my Way? While I think she’s great, I have a feeling she writes pretty lightweight dramas only. So yes, I would love for lmh to collaborate with her but not for the south splitting with north drama lol. That one should be written with weight and meaning. 

@scrawford Just thought of another writer who will totally nail it: the writer of the reply series! 

Camellia was definitely well-written and GHJ is AMAZING!! She is just LOVE!! How come she has this great chemistry with all her co-stars?? She has the gift of acting. I want LMH and GHJ  to work together in future but maybe not now if LMH wants to do dark genre or movie.

I'm getting greedy having all these projects with the female leads in my mind. :joy:  Cannot wait!! LMH just give us a Fake news of coming back and I will still be happy!:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, scrawford said:

LOL! I want to make sure to give credit where credit dues :)

Ahhh.. I see. I have yet to watch the reply series, i will have to get on that train :)

First, you need to watch Faith! Lmh as daejang is Jfkwbdoehodheodheidhe perfect! :lol:

@Nikaa94 YES! Lmh and GHJ is one of my dream pairing! Maybe 2-3 years from now when I’m ready for lmh to do a lightweight drama. :D 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

First, you need to watch Faith! Lmh as daejang is Jfkwbdoehodheodheidhe perfect! :lol:

Yes!! Agree!! I love Daejang!!

@Alice Wonderland hahaha, i supplied more drinks than the food :lol:

I left the party a little early to find a Prince Charming to add to this party:

tenor.gif?itemid=5433311

I had to travel all the way to Far Far Away Kingdom just to find this Prince. He is quite the dramatic guy.

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

5 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I miss our boy so much, I decided to watch Faith again. Choi Young was what pulled me into this rabbit hole 8 years ago and even today, as I am rewatching, I understand why I fell for lmh through this role. Lmh’s portrayal of Choi Young is still one of his best in my opinion. It’s not easy to be an actor but it’s especially not easy to show so much emotions with a character that doesn’t wear his feelings on his sleeves. But somehow, I can FEEL Choi Young even without a single word. I bow down to lmh! He’s amazing! 

Yes, so true, @Heretorant! I’m in serious TKEM withdrawal so I’m rewatching both TKEM and Faith. He did such an amazing job as Choi Young in Faith. When I stumbled upon the series a few years ago, he just grabbed me and shook my heart in Ep. 1 and never let me go. How he managed to do it, I don’t know. But I laughed out loud at his comment about his eyes in TKEM, because that’s something I noticed about him right away in Faith, how he communicated so much with his eyes!

• Like 7
  • Love 5

13 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I like it! I loved Two Weeks and Defendant, definitely dramas that kept me on my toes the entire time. 

Count me in! Count of Monte Cristo? Yes! Heathcliff? Yes!

Instead of saeguk, I’ve always wanted to see a period drama, something similar to the time of gangnam blues or Mr. Sunshine but much later. I wonder why Koreans don’t make dramas with that setting. There’s just something about it that gives me the feels and I’m thinking a love story with that setting will be epic. 

I’ve always wished someone would write a script about the split of north and south but I guess it’s quite sensitive so writers avoid it. I was so excited about CLOY because I thought it was going to be it, only to find it was a much lighter script that dealt with nothing of the sort. I’m thinking, how about a script where the ML is split from his wife and kid? He’s a solider stuck in the south, his wife and kid are stuck in the north and he’s trying to sneak his way in to get them. If there’s such a drama, I’d want lmh to be part of it. No? Just me who thinks it’ll makes a good drama? :lol:

Can I add my suggestion too? I love your idea of setting the story during the korean split. How about taking some elements from "thousand splendid Suns" and set it in a village near DMZ during the time of the partition. LMH as Tariq (we have to emphasize his role in script) but he is a soldier here who falls in love with Laila who is obviously KGE and Mariam helps them to escape to the South by catching the last departing train by paying the price of her own life. For the role of Mariam SYJ would be perfect.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, CallieP said:

Another idea is he could be a gamer, he loves games and he plays against Kim Hee Chul. He could be a gamer addict and in a competition, and perhaps the gambling gangsters bet against him and want him to lose. Break his fingers or something. Suffers but finally  he gets back to his former glory in the end and win the world championship and the money jackpot.  Something along the lines. The trials and tribulations of a gamer in S Korea. He may like that and something like Memories of Alhambra. A little different perhaps.

Oooooh, I like this!  It could be a thriller

He once said that he would like to attract more male followers. Perhaps if his next project showcases him in action or thriller like this idea of yours he could achieve that.

Or a movie with KGE - tee-hee!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, scrawford said:

But, While HEIRS was one of my crack Drama, but lets Admit it, HEIRS wouldn't be on KES Drama list that is remember as "well written" or "critically acclaim" and when it's announce KES and KMH collaborating again, i was hoping this time around we would get critically acclaim, since this is KES after Mr. Sunshine, but yet again, While TKEM is a really good story and i have so much love towards TKEM, But, it seems that the story needs a lot more time to be develop. It will also be remember as another KES drama that i confusing, but it's really popular because it's LMH comeback Drama. So i would say, LMH actually save KES this time around. 

And i explained all of that is to bring the point,  that LMH and KES collaboration will always be attached with "KES drama that is not well written" or with TKEM "KES drama with the lowest local ratings". This is not LMH's fault, i feel like KES was not giving LMH her best. So i hope not to see LMH collaborate with KES again for that reason.

Agree about HEIRS.  For some strange reason, the scene that I always remember with good feelings is the one with LMH meeting his brother in the almond grove.  

VfKH9eml.png

8dw7py8l.png

LMH managed to look & sound young in this particular scene. I dunno how he did it.  He was boyish and successfully expressed longing for his older brother's love & affirmation. The inflection in LMH's voice tugged at my heart that's why I remember this scene with fondness & admiration. But there were too many cringe-worthy scenes before & after this, LOL.

About TKEM - soooooo much potential. SIGH. And yes the acting of the cast, esp LMH & KGE saved KES' material this time around. I love TKEM though and glad that LMH chose this as his come back vehicle.  A LOT of people took notice of him in the right way. 

That's why his next project is crucial. (me whispery cheering - CH2! CH2! CH2! hehe)

Which reminds me, the PD of CH was also the PD for LOTBS.  He is really good. Fast, efficient - he does not like clutter in the story telling.  I hope LMH works with him again.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Agree about HEIRS.  For some strange reason, the scene that I always remember with good feelings is the one with LMH meeting his brother in the almond grove.  

LMH managed to look & sound young in this particular scene. I dunno how he did it.  He was boyish and successfully expressed longing for his older brother's love & affirmation. The inflection in LMH's voice tugged at my heart that's why I remember this scene with fondness & admiration. But there were too many cringe-worthy scenes before & after this, LOL.

About TKEM - soooooo much potential. SIGH. And yes the acting of the cast, esp LMH & KGE saved KES' material this time around. I love TKEM though and glad that LMH chose this as his come back vehicle.  A LOT of people took notice of him in the right way. 

That's why his next project is crucial. (me whispery cheering - CH2! CH2! CH2! hehe)

Which reminds me, the PD of CH was also the PD for LOTBS.  He is really good. Fast, efficient - he does not like clutter in the story telling.  I hope LMH works with him again.

I love Heirs, it’s easy to digest drama and I agree with you that the scene in Almond grove is very well done, between him and his brother and him and cha eun sang. It was very vulnerable and he did look young and boyish.... also very handsome :). But that’s the thing, it’s a rich family drama with scandals and their kids and their problems that could be made a strong story with good story arc, but I feel like KES Started to go downhill in the writing department maybe around episode 12-13 And up? It’s another one of those missed potential. I love the premise and what she was trying to convey in that drama, but I can tell again, and the writting got lazy towards the end :(.

TKEM story had so much potential and even with whatever is lacking in TKEM, I still really enjoy it. I love foreshadowing and double meaning and stories that has their clues/answer within their seemingly non important dialogue. But yeah she is trying to cramp so much in 16 episode that I feel like she confused herself on what to focus on. So many characters to develop, I feel like this should have been 24 episode, that way she can properly develop the story and the character and the viewer can get attach to the character. Many people finally get attached to the OTP at episode 12, but the show is about to be over. Sigh...

I love city hunter, but I don’t know if CH2 is a good move. Here is why, I feel like we tend to look at the pas with fondness, and we want to go back to that fondness right? Same thing with remember how amazing he was in City hunter and how amazingly received that show in China and SK (based on my reading) it’s normal for us fans wants him to see him back in that kind of success, but I don’t want LMH to reprise old roles, at this point it will be good to keep City Hunter legacy as we remember it now, CH 2 would be like him going back

to his past relationship because of the good memories, until he realize that it doesn’t work for the present and he needs to move on, carve a new path try new things he never try before. 
that’s just my take on him reprising old roles, not just City Hunter.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thanks to all the chingus who came, posted, hit those buttons and participated to make this birthday bash a success.

:heart1:

@yuiy78 @syntyche @kokodus @SophieH @angelangie @gtLmh0622 @Heretorant @snowlou @Sejabin @Thong Thin @superspace @Ameera Ali @balletgoddess @vangsweetie637 @htk9207 @Heilo @Nikaa94 @Layali @Alice Wonderland @CallieP @Indianfan @koreaboooo @TDeas @Kaydeelee @unokboiii @madmad min @Miadee @willenette @happivirus @goldenashes97 @mychoiyoung @1ouise @CarolynH.....

it was really entertaining!! Min Ho's actual birthday is on June 22 which is a Monday but we kept it at a little early because we all need Fridays to be a bit more fun and lively, no? :D you can keep the happy birthday feel going and keep chatting!

time to go clean the house today. waaah! kekekek...

am signing off this event. catch you at another! :) 

9 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Camellia Blooms! Ugh, how I wish it was lmh playing opposite of GHJ lol.

The writer is great at making all stories interesting and all characters likable. I’ll tell ya, I can’t recall 1 single scene that I didn’t enjoy. I haven’t watched much of her work though. I know she is the writer of Fight for my Way? While I think she’s great, I have a feeling she writes pretty lightweight dramas only. So yes, I would love for lmh to collaborate with her but not for the south splitting with north drama lol. That one should be written with weight and meaning. 

@scrawford Just thought of another writer who will totally nail it: the writer of the reply series! 

Heretorant, ohhh...............same here, I love this drama, too, which was written by Lim Sang Choon who was also the writer of Fight My Way starring Park So Joon. I like this man & Kang Ha Neul! :blush: I love the story of Mr Sunshine, Lee Byung Hun), Two Weeks (Lee Jun Ki) & Defendant (Ji Sung) too!

Lmangla, thanks for organizing a birthday party here in this thread. I appreciate what you did, especially sharing your time. Also, your kind words warmed my heart. :heart:

10 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Don’t get me started. I’m so angry at the way they handled TKEM, I’m openly hoping all SBS dramas following and Writer Kim’s next work will flop! 

Hahahaha :lol:

I love this man! 

*** Ohh..............don't be bad - Backstreet Rookie is taking over LMH's drama, right now. I like Ji Chang Wook! :anguished:

10 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Yes, agree! I changed my mind. In one of my posts recently I mentioned that deep down I want third collaboration. But your explanation brought me into a different understanding. No more collaboration!! LMH deserves a better writer. 

PD is very important! LMH deserved to work with the best PD. 

AGREE!!! it is sad but true!! I wanted a wrap-up party so bad!! They deserved it after 8 months of working hard. Don't know what is wrong with KES. She was only in the picture that they took at the last day filming. lol

Remember LMH's IG post... The poem he shared.. "Silence makes you stronger". But it is hard for me to stay silent. :lol:LMH is such a strong and great person. I bet he never complained about anything and just smiled. He shared that poem for us because he knew were sad for him.

Nikaa, it is! It's the director's responsibility to set the creative vision for the drama. Having a clear vision helps the rest of the team tell the story better. They're the one selecting the cast, collaborating with designers, blocking the drama's movements, leading rehearsals, and monitoring the production's pacing. He/she is in top control of everything. :blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Korean Actors and Actresses Who Turned Out to be Good at Singing

Ea92UIAUMAAQkIF?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min Ho

Besides being an actor, he is also a recording artist. He did not only sing the OST for some of his dramas, but he also released a studio album and EP.

https://www.tribunnews.com/seleb/2020/06/20/9-aktor-dan-aktris-korea-yang-ternyata-pandai-bernyanyi-kim-go-eun-park-shin-hye-hingga-lee-min-ho

Lee Min Ho after TKEM

Following the success of 'The King: Eternal Monarch,' Lee Min Ho takes a break. However, on social networks he shares with his followers details about his personal life, such as the night walk he made shortly after the culmination of the series broadcast by Netflix.

The post of the star exceeded 2 million likes and had more than 50 thousand comments.

4O5TUAYMKVCZNMUY32BSHUSUZQ.jpg

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2020/06/19/actores-de-doramas-y-su-cambio-tras-reto-viral-de-faceapp-hyun-bin-lee-min-ho-gong-yoo-park-seo-joon-y-song-joong-ki/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

I love Heirs, it’s easy to digest drama and I agree with you that the scene in Almond grove is very well done, between him and his brother and him and cha eun sang. It was very vulnerable and he did look young and boyish.... also very handsome :). But that’s the thing, it’s a rich family drama with scandals and their kids and their problems that could be made a strong story with good story arc, but I feel like KES Started to go downhill in the writing department maybe around episode 12-13 And up? It’s another one of those missed potential. I love the premise and what she was trying to convey in that drama, but I can tell again, and the writting got lazy towards the end :(.

TKEM story had so much potential and even with whatever is lacking in TKEM, I still really enjoy it. I love foreshadowing and double meaning and stories that has their clues/answer within their seemingly non important dialogue. But yeah she is trying to cramp so much in 16 episode that I feel like she confused herself on what to focus on. 

I love city hunter, but I don’t know if CH2 is a good move. Here is why, I feel like we tend to look at the pas with fondness, and we want to go back to that fondness right? 

Sorry for cutting your Post, I agree with you mostly on this. HEIRS could have been great, if they focused more on the actual HEIRS-The one who wears the Crown Bears The Crown, and not  the love story (I know it worked mostly for the MINSHIN CP ), I mean I loved the TAN bros interactions (I for one would have loved to see the older brother's love story more than the crying leading lady and Kim Tan's, it was very monotonous)

TK:EM script got modified or something did happen in the middle , that I assume. I am not sure was it KES loosing the time v/s plot vastness or something else, but it did feel chopped off. 

I am also a no of either of his shows Part 2. Part 2's don't really work well, Spin-offs? Yes, Completely FRESH Role Yes!!!

I will rather see LMH in a fresh new character than repeating LG/HJJ/LYS/CY.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Sorry for cutting your Post, I agree with you mostly on this. HEIRS could have been great, if they focused more on the actual HEIRS-The one who wears the Crown Bears The Crown, and not  the love story (I know it worked mostly for the MINSHIN CP ), I mean I loved the TAN bros interactions (I for one would have loved to see the older brother's love story more than the crying leading lady and Kim Tan's, it was very monotonous)

TK:EM script got modified or something did happen in the middle , that I assume. I am not sure was it KES loosing the time v/s plot vastness or something else, but it did feel chopped off. 

I am also a no of either of his shows Part 2. Part 2's don't really work well, Spin-offs? Yes, Completely FRESH Role Yes!!!

madmad min, I'm also with you on this - I'm not into Part2s, or sequels. For me, nothing beats & surpasses the original. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

8 Declarations Of Love In K-Dramas That Made Us Feel ~*So Many Things*~

kim-go-eun-lee-min-ho-1592571274.jpg

Some stories may have that slow burn, while others will get you hooked from the get-go. But one thing’s for sure: A romantic K-drama wouldn’t be complete without an aminan scene! Whether the two leads are already together at the start of the story, or if they’re still trying to find their way to each other, any profession of love—whether the first or the first of many—is definitely high up on our K-drama kilig list.

So grab a pillow now and brace yourself, because here are some declarations of love guaranteed to make you hug it tight!

The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

An over-the-top declaration isn’t always necessary to make your heart skip a beat. Sometimes, all you need is the right moment, and of course, the right person to declare your love to. That was the case for Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) and Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho). Her unexpected confession was so simple and straightforward; no wonder Lee Gon was left speechless!

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/8-romantic-kdrama-love-confession-scenes-a4670-20200619

(skipped unrelated)

• Like 7
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I am not at home , I will come back 

I miss you and your posts!! Come back soon! Be safe and happy! :blush:

@willenette wow director's have a lot of responsibility. It is kinda scary too. They need to handle things well for drama to be produced well. I am curious to know which director will work with our Oppa next. :relaxed:

• Like 5

I’m binge watching Faith. Maybe it’s because I had prior connection to Choi Young as a character, I don’t remember crying at all the first time I watched but this time around, I’m on episode 5 and crying. I just... want to hug him. 

*Side note* I hate the loud music. And why focus so much on the bad guys? :lol:

11 hours ago, msdot said:

Yes, so true, @Heretorant! I’m in serious TKEM withdrawal so I’m rewatching both TKEM and Faith. He did such an amazing job as Choi Young in Faith. When I stumbled upon the series a few years ago, he just grabbed me and shook my heart in Ep. 1 and never let me go. How he managed to do it, I don’t know. But I laughed out loud at his comment about his eyes in TKEM, because that’s something I noticed about him right away in Faith, how he communicated so much with his eyes!

I watched City Hunter before I watched Faith. My first impression of lmh was that he was different from other korean actors. He had a unique aura and I was intrigued. After watching City Hunter, I liked him enough to search up his other dramas. I started with Faith. At that time, Faith barely finished airing. I pulled all-nighters and completed it within no time. What can I say? Lmh’s Choi Young pulled me in and until this day, I can’t let go. 

The thing with Choi Young is he’s a character that creates a lasting impression. He was well written all around. With him, it’s just an instant connection. And the more you dive into the story, the more you love him and the more you want his happy ending. But of course, it’s the way lmh portrays him that gives Choi Young life. In my opinion, still lmh’s best role today. I’m not talking about acting wise because lmh nails all roles, I’m talking about character wise. Song Ji Na did a wonderful job writing Choi Young.

3 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Ohh..............don't be bad - Backstreet Rookie is taking over LMH's drama, right now. I like Ji Chang Wook! :anguished:

Sorry, I was just speaking from a bitter bitter place against SBS but of course, I like JCW too and want the best for his drama. Sorry :sweatingbullets:

Heretorant, ohhh...............same here, I love this drama, too, which was written by Lim Sang Choon who was also the writer of Fight My Way starring Park So Joon. I like this man & Kang Ha Neul!

@willenette I can’t get enough of KHN as Yong Shik! He’s cute, hilarious, dorky, lame but cool.. what more? He’s just perfect as Yong Shik! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Hey everyone! 

I hope to see LMH do more comedy! I've always found his comic timing to be good. Otherwise thriller and action. I personally feel he enjoys such genres more. I hope to see him go on a trajectory as Namgoong Min has gone. Namgoong Min's few projects have been offbeat non-romances lately which LMH can also try maybe- Chief Kim, Stove League, Doctor Prisoner, Falsify. But also such scripts don't come by often thats true.

He generally likes to take on dramas that is a mix of genres which is a very good idea. But I do hope he takes a break from fantasy. TKEM had similarities to Faith and LOTBS but the earlier two were better written IMHO.

I also don't want him to work with KES for a long long time. Maybe he can do more movies where many say there is more growth. I'll watch him in anything though so he should just keep giving us regular projects whatever they are! :D Also he should enjoy whatever he does!

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, madmad min said:

Agree!! A fresh and new character is what I am looking forward too. 

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

Besides being an actor, he is also a recording artist. He did not only sing the OST for some of his dramas, but he also released a studio album and EP.

It will be nice if Lee Min Ho sings OST for his next drama. He has a good voice and him expressing his love for his lover will be something out of this world. I think he sang for Cha Eun Sang in Heirs. :wub:

8 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

LMH managed to look & sound young in this particular scene. I dunno how he did it.  He was boyish and successfully expressed longing for his older brother's love & affirmation. The inflection in LMH's voice tugged at my heart that's why I remember this scene with fondness & admiration

OMG!! Same!! I LOVEEEE this scene too. Kim Tan looked vulnerable and so boyish. Everything is perfect in this scene. :wub:  LMH is such an EFFECT himself!!! Imagine a drama with only LMH in it. :joy: I don't mind! He is so good!

Have you guys watched "Bridal Mask"??  It is so good! There is this strong chemistry between the two male characters. i don't know what to call it. Bromance? But these two made the drama so worth watching. I remember I never cared about romance and it was kinda on the side and not focus of drama. The story was so exciting and it had good impact. The writer is same as in SKY. Maybe this writer can bring @Heretorant story line about split of North and South into life. :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 1