Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

58 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

usually, when I think of count dracula, I think of this... rather glum! hahahhah....

How about trying thinking about this hunk for once as the ferocious countB)

Edited by Lmangla
removing images as we are not supposed to quote them. :)
  • LOL 3

kekeke.. good one @Indianfan;

chingu, am removing the image as it was from instagram. new soompi rule because of some US lawsuit - we are not doing link to instagram accounts anymore. in case, people haven't seen it, please see the announcement on top of page. it is on update #4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho is king of social media

SEOUL • K-drama leading man Lee Min-ho's latest romance series The King: Eternal Monarch may have ended recently, but the 32-year-old actor still reigns in social media.

According to South Korean media outlet Naver, Lee is the most followed Korean actor across his various social media platforms.

He has 17.4 million followers on Facebook, 16.7 million followers on Instagram, 2.9 million followers on Twitter and 28.6 million on Chinese microblogging site Weibo.

With a total of more than 65 million followers on his various social media platforms, Lee tops the list among the most-followed Korean actors.

Known for his good looks and leading roles in dramas like City Hunter (2011) and The Heirs (2013), he completed his military service last year.

The King: Eternal Monarch is his first drama following his discharge from the army and was anticipated to be a hit as it starred Lee and actress Kim Go-eun, whose previous drama Goblin (2016) was a huge success. It fell short of expectations domestically, struggling with low ratings.

But the drama fared better overseas. It was aired on streaming platform Netflix globally and ranked consistently among Netflix's top 10 most-viewed content in the region during its run, including in Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/lee-min-ho-is-king-of-social-media

Hmm. Though it did mention the fact that The King is consistently doing very well overseas, it failed to mention that it was number one in Wavve for eight consecutive weeks. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:
4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Love scientist must be. 

spitting lines like these? "Saint Valentine was a third century Roman priest who was stoned and beheaded. Wouldn't a more appropriate celebration of the evening be taking one steady gal to witness a brutal murder?" (Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Phd, from tv show Big Bang Theory)... :lol: but as long as he looks good, he can spout whatever theory and we will listen no?

:lol: true... trueee.... I don't care with the theory cause I might be too occupied staring at him. :heart4:

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, Indianfan said:

How about trying thinking about this hunk for once as the ferocious countB)

Ah!! This Count made me wonder ...Romantic Role...Count of Monte Cristo Kinda Role...The Entire Premise is very Sexy... Or Like someone somewhere said Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights ...Epic Saeguk Romance for LMH. :Fist1:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

It looks like the party has started!!  Happy Birthday Lee Min-ho!

I think we need some apples at this party.  :D

My question for him would be: what is something you do differently from everyone else??

A role I would like to see him play is a fugitive--wrongfully accused and on the run.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Welcome to the birthday party of Lee Min Ho! happy-birthday-to-you-smiley-emoticon.gi

who is invited: anyone! if one of the dramas that you really enjoyed or started your kdrama journey with was a Lee Min Ho drama, then join us for the birthday bash along with fans of Lee Min Ho thread and celebrate!!! my fave drama of his was boys before flowers - it was so hilariously addictive even though the plot makes you lose you brain cells. hahahahah.. but how can you not be charmed by curly hair? :lol:

What are we going to do? just because this is a virtual party, doesn't mean we can't have fun! just turn on your imagination and join!!!

theme: toy story! why? I watched it recently and that's what I can think of. ahhahaha... so post a picture of toy story or change your DP as dressing up for the occasion. chingus here are thinking of prince charming. so it is all part of fairy tale etc kind of theme! hahahah

answer any of these questions -- you can be as whimsical or funny as you want. it is just supposed to liven up the party!

Q1. you are in the airport lounge and discover Lee Min Ho is also there with his manager. His team lets you know that you can ask one question as long as it is something different because Min Ho is just bored of all the usual questions. what would yours be?

Q2. He has played a rich chaebol kid, spy, king. which of these would you like to see?

1. zombie hunter -- he gets to show off his action skills but he will be covered in blood. so maybe not?

2. crime solving priest -- but then he won't get a love story except a tragic one in flashbacks?

3. oil rig worker who has to fight a sea creature -- we get to see him swim! but will he wearing oily uniform?

4. astronaut fighting alien! - well, may be floating in space is not that interesting?

5. some other suggestion of your choice!

Bring food! maybe your favourite or something local from your place. what's a party without food and drinks!

here I am with fried nuggets (you can pick your choice - veg or some meat). why? it is one of my faves and I haven't been to a restaurant in months. :(

re: @CarolynH

tagging some chingus: @kokodus @JC's Lingxi @vangsweetie637 @Alice Wonderland @CallieP @ktcjdrama @Ameera Ali @mouse007 ....

Yup, started watching LMH City Hunter that led to all his other dramas.  So he is the impetus to my watching kdramas.

Theme :  Looks like the party had started very early and I am somewhat late.

th?id=OIP._I8AzP1sPGM_TR65onhAtAHaEK%26p

Question for him, I really want to know his experiences at the Senior Center during his two years of Civil Service. What the seniors thought of him?  Do they enjoy having him there since he is a celebrity?

I like him playing a soldier, navy or air force since he looks so good in military uniform. 

Twins - one a villain, totally bad, serial killer,  the other shy and lacking in confidence.

Since this is fairy tale Prince Charming, I thought this birthday cake would be perfect for him and his queen in this coach carriage and live happily ever after. He looks good in pink too.

cindrella-cake-0613b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Thanks for tagging me.

Happy Birthday Min Ho Shi!

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun Are Totally Compatible As Lovers In Real Life, According To Astrology

They’re actually a match made in heaven!

RuOeUz82hJF_CJewtfiDSZtFQA9jxpFSnsw3PBDB

The popular Korean drama The King: Eternal Monarch has successfully ended and fans of the show believe that its success is due to the intense chemistry between Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun.

After all, who can forget the show’s unforgettable neck kiss scene that helped improve the ratings of the drama.

Also, fans especially love it whenever the characters of Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun have romantic interactions onscreen, since their chemistry is off the charts!

Spoiler

And while fans are in love with both of the celebrities and with their onscreen personals, fans couldn’t help but wish that the both of them were in a real-life romantic relationship with each other, too.

They already have a friendly chemistry going, with both of them being fans of each other’s work…

…but will they be compatible in a romantic relationship with each other? While we may never know for sure, as we don’t have firsthand access to the true personalities of these celebrities, we can make reasonable assumptions based on their astrological signs.

For starters, Lee Min Ho was born on June 22, so he has the zodiac sign of Cancer.

How about Kim Go Eun? Her birthday is actually close to Min Ho’s, as it’s on July 2 — so both of them are Cancerians!

People under this sign are intuitive, loyal and fiercely protective of the people they love, so you’re sure that the both of them will strongly care for each other.

A Cancer-Cancer match makes for a deeply devoted duo, who are sure to be loyal to each other.

This couple is faithful and caring. And they’re also helpful and sympathetic of the needs of their partner. Also, since a Cancer is intuitive, there’s a great chance that they can easily understand what the other party is thinking because of their strong sixth sense.

Finally, since Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun can understand each other’s need for personal space, there is a low chance of them arguing because of misunderstandings.

They know that there may be times when they need alone time, so they may not take it personally.

At the end of the day, we can never really know the truth as every celebrity is entitled to their privacy. But in case they do get in a romantic relationship together, the signs are definitely rooting for their success.

Source: Astrology

• Like 8

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

Ah!! This Count made me wonder ...Romantic Role...Count of Monte Cristo Kinda Role...The Entire Premise is very Sexy... Or Like someone somewhere said Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights ...Epic Saeguk Romance for LMH. :Fist1:

He will rock in the role of heathcliff. Seriously, it would be an epic Wuthering Heights. For the role of Hareton Jung Hae In would do great. Wondering who would be the wild Catherine though. I can't think of anyone else than KGE. I know I am biased. But I can't help it.

:Megathanks:

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

It looks like the party has started!!  Happy Birthday Lee Min-ho!

I think we need some apples at this party.  :D

My question for him would be: what is something you do differently from everyone else??

A role I would like to see him play is a fugitive--wrongfully accused and on the run.

I like it! I loved Two Weeks and Defendant, definitely dramas that kept me on my toes the entire time. 

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

Count me in! Count of Monte Cristo? Yes! Heathcliff? Yes!

Instead of saeguk, I’ve always wanted to see a period drama, something similar to the time of gangnam blues or Mr. Sunshine but much later. I wonder why Koreans don’t make dramas with that setting. There’s just something about it that gives me the feels and I’m thinking a love story with that setting will be epic. 

I’ve always wished someone would write a script about the split of north and south but I guess it’s quite sensitive so writers avoid it. I was so excited about CLOY because I thought it was going to be it, only to find it was a much lighter script that dealt with nothing of the sort. I’m thinking, how about a script where the ML is split from his wife and kid? He’s a solider stuck in the south, his wife and kid are stuck in the north and he’s trying to sneak his way in to get them. If there’s such a drama, I’d want lmh to be part of it. No? Just me who thinks it’ll makes a good drama? :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I’m thinking, how about a script where the ML is split from his wife and kid? He’s a solider stuck in the south, his wife and kid are stuck in the north and he’s trying to sneak his way in to get them. If there’s such a drama, I’d want lmh to be part of it. No? Just me who thinks it’ll makes a good drama

Dear Lord That would Just BREAK my heart and Brain...I would then prefer to Binge watch this drama instead of Live Followup.

He needs to work with Kids in one frame, all His Kid Versions now seem to be the Lead in Current K drama scenarios Lol. Except TKEM one.

:cutekitty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, madmad min said:

Dear Lord That would Just BREAK my heart and Brain...I would then prefer to Binge watch this drama instead of Live Followup.

:cutekitty:

:lol::lol::lol:

You’ll live. If you can survive TKEM, then you can survive this one. At least it‘ll be straightforward and simple to understand :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Heretorant said:

:lol::lol::lol:

You’ll live. If you can survive TKEM, then you can survive this one. At least it‘ll be straightforward and simple to understand :lol::lol::lol:

Not the Simple Concept issue, I just cannot Digest Epic Heartbreaks EMOTIONAL Rollercoaster, Cry Out your eyes kinda romance Like the premise you gave. It will lead me to sleepless nights, Unless the Writer gives a Written Note This is a HAPPY ENDING. I will binge it :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Not the Simple Concept issue, I just cannot Digest Epic Heartbreaks EMOTIONAL Rollercoaster, Cry Out your eyes kinda romance Like the premise you gave. It will lead me to sleepless nights, Unless the Writer gives a Written Note This is a HAPPY ENDING. I will binge it :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

But even so, it’ll be GOOD! I think so lol. 

I crave it! I’m a bit of a melodrama lover. Add in some meaningful weight to the drama and I’m all in! Cross my fingers it’s lmh who gets to lead it! You know, it’ll be one of those rare critically acclaimed dramas like Mr. Sunshine :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Jung-jae

In the Korean drama world, it’s become a tradition among celebrity friends to send coffee trucks to each other’s filming sets as a show of support. While filming The King, Lee received one from veteran Korean film actor Lee Jung-jae.

The two Lees met through the movie, Gangnam Blues. Lee Min-ho starred in the action film with Kim Rae-won, while Lee Jung-jae was friends with the director.

@gtLmh0622 You mentioned in one of our discussions that Lee Jung Jae would be a good co-lead for LMH in a movie and here they are obviously friends as he sent him a food truck so the relationship is already there.   LJJ should get the producer or director to get LMH to star in a movie with him. He can be sunbae to LMH and help guide him throughout the movie. Win-win for both. Hope that happens.

@Heretorant

I’ve always wished someone would write a script about the split of north and south but I guess it’s quite sensitive so writers avoid it. I was so excited about CLOY because I thought it was going to be it, only to find it was a much lighter script that dealt with nothing of the sort. I’m thinking, how about a script where the ML is split from his wife and kid? He’s a solider stuck in the south, his wife and kid are stuck in the north and he’s trying to sneak his way in to get them. If there’s such a drama, I’d want lmh to be part of it. No? Just me who thinks it’ll makes a good drama? 

Yes, I like your idea, love the north,  south and being a soldier. Or the 1950s Korean War, he is a spy for the south.  Something with action and angst.

Another idea is he could be a gamer, he loves games and he plays against Kim Hee Chul. He could be a gamer addict and in a competition, and perhaps the gambling gangsters bet against him and want him to lose. Break his fingers or something. Suffers but finally  he gets back to his former glory in the end and win the world championship and the money jackpot.  Something along the lines. The trials and tribulations of a gamer in S Korea. He may like that and something like Memories of Alhambra. A little different perhaps.

Love his fighting in King, just with a whip and one hand with the other at the back like a sword fighter, he demolishes the 6 gangsters. So swashbuckling.

LMH just loves sports and he really excels in any one that he is interested in, here he rides a water scooter, water-ski and jet ski going up in the air. He has the time of his life.

Edited by Lmangla
new soompi rule - no instagram images; please see update #4 for background and reason
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@CallieP just a heads up, there’s a new soompi rule: no more embedded Instagram posts. :)

I saw something from Lmangla about rules at top of page but when I went there, I did not find anything . Not sure where to look for them. I saw that note after posting. Tried to remove the video myself but could not. I will leave it to them.

Anyone know where to find the same thing on YouTube?

@1ouise wanted a fugitive on the run. That is one of my favorite scenarios too. Even though I did not mention it I always liked a fugitive on the run type scenario. My weakness so totally on board with you.

@mychoiyoung wanted season 2 CH, a mature Ryo Saeba. Yesss totally. LMH might like that too.  

Totally support these two suggestions.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I am also bringing Kimchi and Ramyeon:

both taste good with soju and liquor :D

I like fantasy and joseon dramas. I want to see LMH as a super hot and powerful 1000+ year old Gumiho.

Whoah... wake up in the dawn and see these tasty looking kimchee and boliing ramyeon makes me hungry. 

That gumiho will meet a spunky long lost princess of the kingdom. Ah... I can't stop thinking what next drama he'll have. Whatever is that, please come faster. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Whoah... wake up in the dawn and see these tasty looking kimchee and boliing ramyeon makes me hungry. 

That gumiho will meet a spunky long lost princess of the kingdom. Ah... I can't stop thinking what next drama he'll have. Whatever is that, please come faster. 

Same!!! I keep thinking about  it too! I think about the story, his character, genre, female lead, writer, director, production team :lol:, even OST singers. :lol: 

I don't mind to hear news about him being offered a role and him rejecting later. :lol: As long as we get some news to discuss. I am also fine if the news of casting come now with brief story line and the drama coming out 1 year and half from now. Then we can discuss as much as we can.

Anything at all!! It doesn't matter whatever news come out. I remember when his collaboration news with KES came out, I was SUPER excited!! To be honest, the excitement that I have for female lead casting news and fan videos shared online before the drama airs is even more (i don't know why lol). :lol:

How about manga adaptation?? Webtoon? 

This idea just came to my mind. Visually alone, LMH has the most suited facial features and height for manga. BOF and CH were both based on manga and they were both very memorable and successful both locally and globally. There is so many popular and interesting Manga out there. Any suggestions?

The only thing is, SK production teams have this history of not pulling all manga pretty well. Sometimes they do well, sometimes don't. 

I personally love to see LMH doing manga adaptation next. He has proved he can pull of the characters well. We just need a very good writer. 

SK produces so many dramas every year that I cannot think of any unique story. Being a writer is hard. :lol: Whatever comes to my mind has already been made. 

I definitely don't want LMH to be in a drama which is similar to other dramas and even his own dramas. I love CH a lot! But I don't want him to try something similar to that. I personally like extraordinary stuff for him, something that creates buzz too. :lol:  I know that many of you already mentioned that a simple well-written story about life is good too. yes, I agree as long as it is well-written. :)  Of course, LMH's character is important too. I think LMH is a type of actor that pays attention to character a lot. If you take a look at his history of K-dramas, each of his character is different from previous ones. TKEM role is the most different one. His way of speech and acting is totally refreshing. I think LMH will choose a character that is less formal and royal next. So I don't think he will choose Saeguk and historical dramas. Anyways, lets try a different character. I just am not in the mood to hear K-netizens whining and judging. :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1