Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

12 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

HJJ's mom knew about his attending KAIST and thought him went abroad to study ? Didn't she hear from Adjusi's wife ? When HJJ asked Adjuma if she had contacted with his mom, she answered that she had contacted his mom for a while, but finally got lost of her news. (If I got the wrong memory ?)

Your memory is correct.  I can see how HJJ's mom knew things about him, but I don't understand why she wouldn't have tried to get in touch with him.  Was she threatened by Stepmom and Dad to stay away??  Stepmom is pretty scary, and I'm sure HJJ's mom wanted JJ to be safe.  Being a woman in Korea, she probably lost all rights to property and family after the divorce (even her own son).

Spoiler

tumblr_pxkmd6FreG1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_pxkmd6FreG1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_pxkmd6FreG1w2zf0ho3_540.png

• Like 7

On 9/9/2019 at 9:18 AM, Kris Silva said:

Hi @CarolynH @happivirus That is actually a recent video but someone used this new app which transformed the face of LMH to a child’s face. The app was popular when it first came out and lot of celebrities used it for their IG posts. .. the magic of technology!

Hi Kris Silva, is this the FACE App or the Baby Face Filter?.................. :P

6 K-Drama Tropes We’re So Done With Already

Every good K-drama deserves a few tropes. Y’know, those familiar moments and plot twists that show up time and again in different dramas. It’s fun, rewarding, and even comforting to see certain tropes play out. We know they will push our buttons in a certain way, and it’s enjoyable seeing new actors put their own spin on old tropes. Yeah, you’ve seen Lee Jong Suk with amnesia, but have you ever seen Hyun Bin with amnesia? Whole different story!

Not all tropes are created equal, though. Some tropes may have worked in the past, but in late 2019, they’re outdated and tired, exemplifying old-fashioned cultural values people don’t believe in anymore. Other tropes have shown up so often that there’s just no way to make them seem fresh, and they just come off as lazy writing.

Which tropes do we need to kill off? Here are six of the worst offenders!

Warning: spoilers ahead!

6. The Wrist Grab

Kim-Woo-Bin-Park-Shin-Hye-Lee-Min-Ho-Hei

A three-way wrist grab in “Heirs” 

Forget wrist grabs. What’s truly attractive is when two leads actually try to talk to each other. They ask each other how they’re feeling.

They make themselves vulnerable. They ask for permission before they touch each other! It’s not groundbreaking, it’s just being nice.

And being nice is a trope I wish would live forever.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 4

Here’s How Much It Costs To Get Lee Min Ho To Attend Your Event

If you want Lee Min Ho to attend your event, it’s going to cost you a pretty penny.

QPhaFAOim-Vag9UMW3YUDd2i4qILdVn3L9U1xCju

Lee Minho was revealed to have earned ₩900 million KRW ($755,149 USD) just for showing up to an event.

He had been invited to an event in Hong Kong where he was only required to show his face temporarily.

At the time, he was unable to go, but the staff at the event were desperate to bring him over.

leeminho.png

In an effort to convince him to attend, the event staff even hired a chartered plane just for him!

As a result, he reportedly showed up and brought in over 10 billion KRW ($8,722,579 USD) in profits.

leeminho2.png

While his agency didn’t reveal exactly how much he was paid, they did confirm that it was a staggering amount.

There’s no accurate standard for appearance fees. He doesn’t really attend many events, and we’ve never decided on a schedule based on its appearance fees, but it is true that they offered an amount that was beyond our imaginations.

— MYM Entertainment

leeminho3.png

Spoiler

Watch the full segment below:

source : Koreaboo

Spoiler

• Like 7

On 9/9/2019 at 6:01 AM, msdot said:

Yes!

He’s did all that cycling in Spain, plus I read somewhere about him horse riding and last week he was doing water  sports so it sounds like he is getting fit.

. I’m just watching City Hunter for second time- he is mesmerising- I keep having to rewind  to keep up with dialogue as I can’t stop looking at him instead of the words!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Lindyloo421 said:

He’s did all that cycling in Spain, plus I read somewhere about him horse riding and last week he was doing water  sports so it sounds like he is getting fit.

. I’m just watching City Hunter for second time- he is mesmerising- I keep having to rewind  to keep up with dialogue as I can’t stop looking at him instead of the words!

@Lindyloo421 Haha same goes for me! I had to rewind for the dialogue most of time as I get carried away by his sparkly eyes and his amazing visuals. 

Can I know where do you watch City Hunter? I don’t think it’s available on Viki right? Not in my region though, I’m in Australia.  The first time I watched it was from some Facebook uploads it’s not super clear so I would love to rewatch again. I had requested Netflix for city hunter hopefully they will respond :) 

• Like 6

@SophieH, I finally broke down and ordered CD’s of all of his dramas, so I don’t have to depend on viki or other websites. Because most of his series are several years old, they weren’t that expensive.  Having said that, however, I originally watched City Hunter on myasiantv.to.  You can register on it for free and that lets you skip those annoying ads. If you don’t want to register on that site, try it several times before giving up. I found that it let me in on the second or third try. Hope it works for you in Australia!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SophieH said:

@Lindyloo421 Haha same goes for me! I had to rewind for the dialogue most of time as I get carried away by his sparkly eyes and his amazing visuals. 

Can I know where do you watch City Hunter? I don’t think it’s available on Viki right? Not in my region though, I’m in Australia.  The first time I watched it was from some Facebook uploads it’s not super clear so I would love to rewatch again. I had requested Netflix for city hunter hopefully they will respond :) 

Hi Sophie I am in England. It’s very frustrating because  Netflix UK only has BOF and The Heirs and Viki UK has LOBS and has just put The Heirs on but you have to have a pass to watch it all. Viki looks like it has Faith but then says “not in your region” so in the end like msdot I also ordered the the rest on dvd..

I got City Hunter via Amazon- it cost £30 (I think about 54 Australian dollars) it had import duty on and was sent from Malaysia.

I got the two films quite cheap from eBay which came from Hong Kong and Personal Taste came from Malaysia and Faith came from Australia also via eBay. Talk about international! Fortunately they are all good copies with decent sub titles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, SophieH said:

You may try KissAsian :
https://kissasian.sh/

I'm not sure if there is City Hunter on this website, it seems that they have all kinds of Asian TV programs.
I noticed this website because there are over 20 million views of LOTBS and it's interesting to read those comments of LOTBS.  (There was a ranking list before, LOTBS was always TOP 1)  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, SophieH said:

Hi SophieH, as far as I know, the drama is no longer available to stream. It has been removed some years ago............... <_<

• Thanks 1

12 Korean Actors And Actresses Who Almost Had Very Different Careers

ba471c6df5174bbebcf7365c34896bc4.jpeg?s=

Sometimes it’s hard to picture our favorite celebrities in a different field of work. They have so much charisma and natural good looks that it seems like their path to stardom was inevitable, but that’s not always the case. A lot of famous celebrities you see today had different dreams and aspirations growing up and just happened to stumble into the entertainment industry by chance. Here’s a look at 12 actors and actresses who almost had very different careers.

Lee Min Ho

Lee-Min-Ho1.jpg

Lee Min Ho’s childhood dream and passion was to become a soccer player. He worked hard to try and achieve this goal, but a bad injury in elementary school put a halt to this dream. He turned to acting in high school and majored in film at university. Lee Min Ho continues to play soccer as a hobby!

lee-min-ho.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 5

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Surprise message from Lee Min Ho

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Lee Min-ho delivers Chuseok greetings for 2019. "Minoz, have a happy and warm holiday with your family. " 

Koreans are going to celebrate Chuseok starting tomorrow, September 13 -  Chuseok, also known as the “autumn harvest festival”, (also known as “thanksgiving day”) in SK. It is actually one of the four major holidays celebrated in Korea along with the Lunar New Year. It is a major holiday in South Korea when families gather together and visit their hometowns and is celebrated with a three-day national holiday. For Koreans it's a family holiday. It also known as Korean Thanksgiving Day and Koreans thank their ancestors in memorial services called Charye for the year’s harvest, and share their abundance with family and friends. :P I wonder where is LMH going to celebrate this occasion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2