Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

There's some casting news for The King: The Eternal Monarch ! I posted this in the drama thread.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000515586

Hi Kris Silva, thanks for sharing this link. Woo Do Hwan will be joining in the drama. In the upcoming drama, Woo Do Hwan will be playing the role of Jo Eun Seob, an ordinary public service worker who lives in modern-day Korea. He will also reportedly be playing Jo Young, the bodyguard of emperor Lee Gon (LMH) - What a cast. This will be amazing & exciting! I cannot wait to see this. :P

• Like 4

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [UPCOMING DRAMA 2020: THE KING: THE ETERNAL MONARCH]
2 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

There's some casting news for The King: The Eternal Monarch ! I posted this in the drama thread.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000515586

@CarolynH    I was also wondering what he is doing now.  It would be nice to see him with new CFs.  But honestly, I think I prefer he trains/prepares for his new drama now than work on new endorsements. I recall when he was shooting his 2 films, he said he wasn't able to put as much time / effort as he wanted in training because of his other obligations. He even had to travel with his trainer. I thought he was too skinny in LOTBS, altho the look fit HJJ character.  I am hoping he gains a little weight and gives us a different look for the new drama.     

In Feb. 2019, Minoz found that an equestrianism instructor post on his IG that he had dinner with LMH (without LMH's picture). Minoz didn't know anything at that time. But now we know that he confirmed casting much earlier than official announcement and already started training for his role.

I've never been disappointed with our bb at his every work, no matter it's drama, movie, concert, and etc.  So, don't worry about him, he definitely will arrange his schedule very well.

And after reading today's casting news, I'm more curious why the King is still the King in another world, but others will have two roles in different world.  :)

• Like 8

My fellow Minoz ,big kisses to all.

Super excited with his coming back to dramas news.

Truth to be said never crossed my mind his next leading lady will be Kim Go Eun .

Really curious to see them on screen.

I was watching "Tempted" only for Woo do Hwan and I am really happy that he is back after the break that he had to take .Add on this the fact that he will be in the same drama ,in the same screenshots with Minho and you can see my struggle not to scream from happiness.

Minoz get ready .Great things are coming!!!:wub:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, msdot said:

I´ve seen some banners on Facebook from various countries that are part a joint thing. I live in Mexico and there´s a small Minoz Mexico project in the works to deliver school supplies to a children´s home that I´m contributing to for his B-day.

BTW,  if he was born in 1987, wouldn´t that make this year his 32nd birthday?

I agree with Kris Silva, he was too thin in LOTBS.  In one of his fan meet interviews he said it was hard for him to lose weight for that role; I think he overachieved!   My favorite look of his was as Choi Young in Faith. Just stunningly gorgeous.

@msdot: Oh, so you're part of Mexico Minoz?  I look at their Facebook page.  I'm very impressed by their organization!  The Korean age is 33 years.  When they are born they are considered 1 year old.

I also thought LMH was a little too thin in LBS.  I noticed it at the scene at the sauna and then again at his last fan meet before MS when he was changing clothes.  

-------------

Separately, you may notice that I'm the new thread starter for this thread.  I added LMH's new drama on the title, which I've been wanting to see for a while.  Is it too big?  Maybe I shouldn't have used CAPs.  I'm working on updating the first page too.  If anyone notices anything else that needs updating, please PM me.  I'm a little slow using the computer :open_mouth:, so some things will take me a while to figure out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@CarolynH, I appreciate the info on how age is calculated in Korea.  

Yes, I was tickled to find a Minoz Mexico on Facebook.

I like the caps too. Thanks in advance for updating this thread!

@Kris Silva City Hunter is my second favorite look of his, you and I just switch them around. I like the longer hair and action sequences in both series. 

Re: The King, Is it confirmed that he´s only playing one role but travels to the other parallel world?  This could be a delightful fantasy drama to watch.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

And after reading today's casting news, I'm more curious why the King is still the King in another world, but others will have two roles in different world.

From the AsianWiki plot summary,

“The Devil is released into the human world and soon opens a door into a parallel world. The Devil asks if he lived a better life in the other world, if he could live in the other world.”

I wonder if the King will have to choose between his two parallel lives. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, msdot said:

@CarolynH, I appreciate the info on how age is calculated in Korea.  

Hi msdot, rather than calculating age based on the actual, physical number of days, months, and years that have passed since the moment of one’s birth, South Korea uses the lunar calendar to determine age, and this somehow manages to add from 1 to 2 years on to someone’s physical age. How does this work? When you are born, you are immediately considered to be one year old — and so the moment you pop out of the womb, despite being only seconds-to-minutes old, you’re already celebrating your literal first birthday.) In Korea, a newborn baby is considered one year’s old at birth because the nine months of pregnancy count as part of the child’s first year of life. Koreans also experience a collective birthday every Lunar New Year as their Korean age counts the number of years they’ve been alive during as opposed to the length of time you’ve been alive for. Your actual birthday may not be until December, but you will still age up as soon as the Lunar New Year arrives since Korean age can add one to two years to your international age. Most Koreans celebrate both Western New Year and Lunar New Year. Koreans count themselves one year older on January 1, not on their actual birthdays. So, in Korea, when the new year comes everyone grows one year older all together. :P

• Like 4

14 hours ago, msdot said:

BTW,  if he was born in 1987, wouldn't that make this year his 32nd birthday?

The easiest way to calculate "age" according to the Korean system is to ask: "during how many years have I been alive?" or "how many years have I experienced?"

For example, LMH was born 22 June 1987, so he has been alive during:

87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19.

So, LMH has been alive during 33 years (and that started in January).

In Korea, they don't think of "age" as a number that represents the duration of your existence starting with your birth to the current day.

• Like 5

Carolyn H ,

I have long time to comment in minho 's thread and  apparently I forgot how to post comments .

sorry for the previous post with only your name.

I like the new thread start and I love that you have Minho" s picture on your avatar.

I really like it when I go to an actors page and see his photo on the first page.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

Carolyn H ,

I have long time to comment in minho 's thread and  apparently I forgot how to post comments .

sorry for the previous post with only your name.

I like the new thread start and I love that you have Minho" s picture on your avatar.

I really like it when I go to an actors page and see his photo on the first page.

@CarolynH Same here, nice to see his face at the top of the page with his new drama in CAPS. Yay! I like your choice of his picture too, your avatar.

@syntychewhat is the link to the new drama the King that you set up?  I did not visit that page yet. Thanks!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, CallieP said:

@CarolynH Same here, nice to see his face at the top of the page with his new drama in CAPS. Yay! I like your choice of his picture too, your avatar.

@syntychewhat is the link to the new drama the King that you set up?  I did not visit that page yet. Thanks!

Here’s the link to the new drama thread: 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/435525-upcoming-drama-2019-the-king-the-eternal-monarch-더-킹-영원의-군주-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun/page/4/

I also posted a comment and video in LOTBS, please visit/ read the post...if someone knows Korean, please translate for me, thanks! 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/387268-drama-20162017-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-푸른-바다의-전설/?do=findComment&comment=21511452

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Actor Lee Minho reveals his warm side on the latest update on his SNS!

Netizen comments :

(+29,0) Lee Minho is so handsome..

(+21,0) Is it start? Cool Minho fighting!!

(+14,-1) Lee Minho so beautiful and handsome.

(+10,0) The cool king, I will look forward to it!

(+10,-1) Look at him ㄷㄷ So handsome.

(+2,0) Handsome Minho~ Fighting!

• Like 5

I posted this Forbes article in the drama thread and writer says...

“So far it’s known that Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon in one world, but not much is known about his proposed role in the alternative world—or even if he has one. As the emperor he will try to shut the door between the worlds.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2019/06/05/anticipated-k-drama-the-king-forever-sovereign-casts-charismatic-a-list-stars/amp/

i really don’t  care if he has a single or dual character in the drama. If he has 1 then it  would just mean he will be the one who will be  passing thru the door to the alternative world. Pretty much like Daejang in Faith. 

• Like 4