Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Weibo fan used app to enhance Lee Min Ho's baby photos

cto

D5i3BZZWkAE96Uv.jpg

D5hKtqhX4AE1Rz_.jpg

D5hKt2TXsAEYpND.jpg

Spoiler

D5hKtSGW4AAccbP.jpg

D5hKtfdW4AEqatf.jpg

D5cXoEuUYAIS85Y.jpg

D5cXoPgUcAETE2b.jpg

D5cXoZbXkAENwC4.jpg

Jung Il Woo Shares Affection For Fans And His Close Friend Lee Min Ho

391282c5c504495caa944c2ad3510ef9.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo shared how much he cares about his fans and his best friend Lee Min Ho!

He moved on to talk about his friendship with Lee Min Ho. The two actors first became friends when they attended neighboring high schools, and they remained friends for over 10 years. Asked about Lee Min Ho’s recent military discharge, Jung Il Woo responded, “When he was discharged, I contacted and congratulated him. He worked hard, and whether it’s serving as a public service worker or as an active duty soldier, I think it’s amazing that he worked hard.”

He added, “Min Ho is probably selecting his next project now, and I want to tell him to build his stamina. To me, he’s a friend like no other, so I hope he makes his return successfully. He also watches and monitors my projects. This time, he told me, ‘What did you do to make your acting even better?’ As a friend, I want him to return with a nice project since many fans are waiting for him.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321632wpp/jung-il-woo-shares-affection-for-fans-and-his-close-friend-lee-min-ho

skipped unrelated

• Like 4
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, syntyche said:

Weibo fan used app to enhance Lee Min Ho's baby photos

cto

Reveal hidden contents

D5hKtSGW4AAccbP.jpg

D5hKtfdW4AEqatf.jpg

D5cXoEuUYAIS85Y.jpg

D5cXoPgUcAETE2b.jpg

D5cXoZbXkAENwC4.jpg

Jung Il Woo Shares Affection For Fans And His Close Friend Lee Min Ho

Jung Il Woo shared how much he cares about his fans and his best friend Lee Min Ho!

He moved on to talk about his friendship with Lee Min Ho. The two actors first became friends when they attended neighboring high schools, and they remained friends for over 10 years. Asked about Lee Min Ho’s recent military discharge, Jung Il Woo responded, “When he was discharged, I contacted and congratulated him. He worked hard, and whether it’s serving as a public service worker or as an active duty soldier, I think it’s amazing that he worked hard.”

He added, “Min Ho is probably selecting his next project now, and I want to tell him to build his stamina. To me, he’s a friend like no other, so I hope he makes his return successfully. He also watches and monitors my projects. This time, he told me, ‘What did you do to make your acting even better?’ As a friend, I want him to return with a nice project since many fans are waiting for him.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321632wpp/jung-il-woo-shares-affection-for-fans-and-his-close-friend-lee-min-ho

skipped unrelated

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this.  I love looking at his baby pictures. He's so CUTE! JIW is such a friend indeed! So warm & NICE of him to call him right away after his military discharge. He's so happy for him. A true friend is someone who neither leads nor follows, but walks with you. You'll know when you find them. I admire their kind of friendship. Having a best friend is the most important thing in life. When you have a lot of friends, it becomes challenging to know, who is being true to you and who is just another FAKE friend. :P

• Like 4

cr:

Aegyo 3R

Spoiler

HEIRS EPISODE 15

One of the best episodes.  I love LMH's acting in the latter half of the episode.  

YD confronts Rachel regarding the catering order.  They are interrupted by a drunk Myung Soo.  YD leaves upon hearing Tan kissed ES.  Rachel heads back to the party when she bumps into Hyo Shin.  Just then Hyun Joo, wide eyed, yells at Hyo Shin for not taking his college exam.  Back at home, Madam Han grabs Hee Nam and heads to Chairman Kim's study intending to open his safe.  hee Nam comes up with an ingenious way to figure out the combination -it's Won's mother's birth date..  She finds the photos of Tan and won with their girls along with another photo -hmmm wonder what it is?  Rachel tells Tan that she doesn't want him to be happy.  She heads to Hyo Shin and kisses him.  Just then Hyun  Joo  walks in, so Hyo Shin plants one on Rachel.  Both declare that they have no feelings for each other-haha.  A drunk ES and Tan leave and ES flirts with Tan.  She takes his hand and holds it--[finally she reciprocates his feelings!] .  They are interrupted by Madam Han requesting Tan meet her in a hotel lobby.  She tells him that she found a photo to blackmail Rachel's mother in order to reinstate the engagement.  Tan tells her that he is not interested.  Tan asks if being his mom isn't enough for her.  He is crestfallen as he tells her that if, even to her, he wasn't the 2nd son of Jeguk Group, he would be nobody:tears:.  He takes the jacket she brought him and leaves.  Tan returns to the hotel room.  Hyo Shin is grilled by his parents about not taking the exam.  His parents tell him to study what he wants, but then must take the law school exam the next year.  Poor Hyo Shin.  At school, Tan starts in with Hyo Shin about not taking the college exam.  [I like this friendship and wish the writer explored it further.  why are these two friends?]  Hyo Shin apologizes to Tan for kissing Rachel.  Mean girls confront ES for pretending to be new money.  Dark knight, YD, steps in to protect ES.  [Ugh, YD is really turning a corner].  YD is called out to start cleaning windows with Tan.  Oh-oh, they are in trouble when YD's father and Won arrive at the school to meet Chairwoman Jung.  Won is surprised when he learns Tan is in 100th place among 100 students.  You have to admit, KT is cute when he replies that he doesn't do half a$$ things. Strangely, YD's father is happy that YD is ahead of KT grade-wise.  KT is so cute when he tells Won that he is happy Won is angry because it means Won cares about Tan's grades.  [Won is letting his guard down around Tan]  Won bumps into Hyun Joo and she finds out that he prevent the article from being published.  Madam Han meets with Rachel's mom  and asks to cancel the engagement.  Madam Han whips out her ace in hole --a photo of Rachel's mom kissing Sec Yoon.  The engagement is cancelled! [Finally!]  In class, the students form groups to read a book.  somehow ES ends up with Tan and YD [what a trio!]  At ES's workplace, the three gather.  while ES works, Tan with an earbud and YD with the other earbud are supposed to watch the movie version of the book, but both are preoccupied watching ES.  [@pixie0622 and I enacted the earbud scene while talking to another former LMH follower-lol] Chairman Kim's henchmen arrive to drag KT home.  ES asks YD for a ride home.  Chairman Kim is incensed when he learns the engagement is cancelled and yells at Tan and his omma.  He threatens ES.  KT is sent to his room and not to leave.  His mom tells him that she is happy that she can finally do something as his mother.  Rachel cries when she learns that the engagement is cancelled [ I feel sorry for her; she really did like KT.  The engagement was her way to hold on to him and now it's gone.]  She stands up to her mom telling her not to use her any more.  When ES arrives home, she sees the guards to prevent KT from leaving.  Hee Nam tells ES to keep a low profile.  ES texts Tan, but little does she know Tan's cell is with the father.  The father meets with Chairwoman Jung, Madam Han and Sec Yoon.  Jung is supposed to find a wife for Won; KT's mom is blamed for KT's behavior and Sec Yoon has to do damage control to prevent everyone knowing Tan's secret.  But he also asks for  Sec Yoon's resignation  deducing that the latter must be on Won's side.  The lesson learned is to be on one side or the other.  In the interim, Sec Yoon is to teach Tan (presumably about the business).  Tan realizes that he's not getting out of his room.  [Can those jeans he's wearing be any tighter?:D]  Tan tries to fight his way out of the house the next morning to attend school.  His father won't allow it, telling the guards that if necessary, they can hurt him as long as he's alive [nice Dad:angry:] Mr Yoon arrives to teach Tan about management.  Tan wants no part since everyone ends up fighting.  The news breaks that Tan is illegitimate.  YD arrives to break Tan out of the house [wow!  a 180 deg turn for YD]  .  the father orders that Tan becomes a major shareholder.  YD brings people of his own when he visits Tan.  YD tells Chairman Kim that he is there to study [huh?lol] with Tan.  [does everyone like LMH in that blue sweater and blue coat?:tounge_wink:].  The guards end up chasing YD allowing KT to leave.  The guards realize that they were chasing the wrong person, as YD worries about his helmet hair.  Won offers Mr Yoon VP of Jeguk Construction.  Before Mr Yoon can answer, Tan burst in.  Tan tells Won that he can have all his shares.  won tells Tan to go to America.  Tan with tears in his eyes he doesn't want to go to America [I love LMH's acting in this scene].  Tan tells Won he won't give him his shares, if Won wants them he has to get them from Tan.  Meanwhile, Chairman Kim gives ES two options (1)ES breaks up with Tan today, she can go anywhere she likes or (2) if she can't break up with Tan today, she is free to see Tan for 2 weeks, then the Chairman chooses where ES goes   .  Tan is brought back by the guards as ES leaves, they walk by and Tan reaches for ES's hand and they hold hands briefly.  Tan tells his father that he is no longer his son; he is Won's enemy.  Father doesn't care when Tan tells him that they are no longer family.  The father replies that you must bear it.  Poor Tan looks totally defeated.  Dejected in his room, Tan hears a knock on his door and it's....ES!   End of episode......

• Like 5

Minho ate at this restaurant yesterday with his noona. The owner congratulates him on his discharge, and praises his good manners ^^ She also says his sister is pretty and friendly, and that both siblings are really cool

cr: @Latifah_, @wenroad, @ jung_eun_hee79:

D5uRg0EVUAAKRlE.jpg

D5uRg0HU0AAQlsA.jpg

Spoiler

D5uRhXXVUAAXQSd.jpg

D5uRhXWUIAEgR3V.jpg

D5uRhZ_UwAAfa-z.jpg

D5uRiEqUYAAgfK0.jpg

D5uRiI0U8AAkbFA.jpg

• Like 6

lWzy7qd.gif

Spoiler

Thanks @CarolynH for the tireless recaps. And hooray for my 500th post! :P

Funny scene with Madam Han and Mom trying to break into the safe. Mom is quite skillful and ingenious with the pencil shavings.

I didn't quite get Rachel's reasoning as to kissing Hyo Shin. It certainly didn't affect Hyo Shin and Kim Tan's friendship (I'd also like to know the backstory of their friendship). One thing that it might have an effect on is that of Hyo Shin and Hyun Joo.

Aww..cute scene with Kim Tan warming up Eun Sang's hands. And she's all affectionate with him. Can they just stay like this?

q40fbTL.gif

I think Madam Han's initial plan is to blackmail Rachel's mom with that photo to push on with the engagement. But finally, she listened to her son and, well, she still (nicely) blackmailed Rachel's mom, but now to cancel the engagement. 

So now we see a non-violent Young Do dealing with those mean girls picking on Eun Sang. And the hostile air between him and Eun Sang is disappearing. Apparently, Young Do is capable of being human. 

And his endless fights with Kim Tan has actually toned down. Hilarious scene when they both see Won and Young Do's father - they both revert to being little kids. Haha.

a0Ugcig.gif

Nice moment with Won and Tan. Like Won, I didn't quite expect at this moment for Kim Tan to be appreciative of Won showing care for his grades and showing up at school.

NrN6O0W.gif

So this is that famous earbud scene. Oh these boys, they were supposed to watch the movie and do their homework, but there they are watching over Eun Sang like hawks. :D

hdNMopV.gif

Uen5lyS.gif

So Eun Sang is actually treating Young Do as her friend. She sits down in front of him at lunch in the victim's chair. But Young Do is worried that Kim Tan would come out of nowhere and fight him again over her. Boy, tides are turning (I think his transformation comes with the hair :D).

I like Young Do and his grand scheme of entering the mansion and into Kim Tan's room. I even like better their spy-ish plot for the escape of Kim Tan. Reminds me of City Hunter. Who would have thought these two arch-enemies would eventually work together, at least for this mission to free Kim Tan. (I like his blue sweater and coat).

V29JaUA.gif

eUVV14b.gif

Confrontation scene of Won and Tan. Sigh. So I guess we're back to square one with these two? I like LMH's acting on this scene. At first, Tan was pleading to Won. But when Won insists that Tan leave and never come back, I can see the shift on his facial expression. He bacame firm and tough, ready to take on the challenge against his hyung. Aww...when all he wanted was to be accepted by his hyung.

KcmzHZV.gif

Holding hands and then letting go while walking past her. Sweet, but my gut doesn't like where this is going. 

hDib4K7.gif

So Dad unleashes his fury over Kim Tan. First, he locks him up in his room, then even allows the guards to beat him up as long as he stays alive. And to make things worse, he pulls strings such that the illegitimacy issue of Kim Tan would be covered up by a bigger issue. And to top it all, he finally blurted it out: "That's the weight of the crown you wear. Bear it." That is the saddest truth on which this drama revolves around. I felt Kim Tan's world came crashing down. Bravo for LMH's acting and delivery. I was so caught up in the emotions that I missed the tear falling down his cheek. Thanks to his face that doesn't scrunch up when crying.

9zL8Sxu.gif

Eun Sang coming up to Kim Tan's room with that weird smile. I knew this is not going to be good.

HjBPZCC.gif

• Like 7

21 hours ago, syntyche said:

Minho ate at this restaurant yesterday with his noona. The owner congratulates him on his discharge, and praises his good manners ^^ She also says his sister is pretty and friendly, and that both siblings are really cool

cr: @Latifah_, @wenroad, @ jung_eun_hee79:

Reveal hidden contents

D5uRhXXVUAAXQSd.jpg

D5uRhXWUIAEgR3V.jpg

D5uRhZ_UwAAfa-z.jpg

D5uRiEqUYAAgfK0.jpg

D5uRiI0U8AAkbFA.jpg

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. The food they ordered were many, they were just two - Lucky the resto owner that she was able to have his autograph. :P

On 5/5/2019 at 8:28 AM, syntyche said:

IG Update by Minho!

***Also, thanks for sharing these slide of pictures. I wonder where was this taken. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

In episode 14 when KT almost hit Young Do with a chair. I was thinking that KT is so intense. He is only 18 but his passion is so intense and so is his anger towards YD. As they talk about their past history, they are acting like adults when they are still teenagers. Teenagers live life so seriously nowadays. They live life so intensely. So it is finally out, ES tells them that she is not new money. KT goes out to her and kisses her.

In episode 15,  I like it that KT's mom finally acts like his mom after his talk at the coffee house and she breaks the engagement.

I like that Kim Won feels upset that KT does so badly in school and misbehaving. Brother does care after all. KT is happy that his brother does love him. However, when dad gives KT shares in the company, Won is angered and rejects KT again. Poor KT.

Poor KT, all he wants is to be loved by his family, his dad and his brother. His sadness and sorrow at his brother wanting him to go back to America and his dad destroying what he has fought so hard to get, a loving and happy family. Good acting by LMH, tears in his eyes when talking to his brother and finally giving up and standing up to his brother's unreasonableness. Telling his father that he destroyed his life and that he is no longer a father. The sadness and anger was really acted well by LMH. Weird that the father welcomes the sibling rivalry and lack of love between siblings and that KT rejects the father and son relationship finally seems to be what his father wants. What a father. Poor KT.

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho Confirmed To Reunite With “Heirs” Writer Kim Eun Sook For New Drama

Lee Min Ho Confirmed To Reunite With “Heirs” Writer Kim Eun Sook For New Drama

May 7, 2019
by C. Hong

Lee Min Ho and Kim Eun Sook are teaming up once again!

On May 7, the production company Hwa&Dam Pictures released an official press release stating that Kim Eun Sook was working on her next drama project, tentatively titled “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal translation), and that Lee Min Ho had been cast as the male lead.

The drama is scheduled to air sometime in the first half of 2020 and will be directed by Baek Sang Hoon. He previously worked with Kim Eun Sook in the hit drama “Descendants of the Sun.” Lee Min Ho previously worked with Kim Eun Sook in the 2013 drama “Heirs.”

This drama is Lee Min Ho’s first announced project since his military discharge in April. In Hwa&Dam’s statement, they said, “This is our second time working together after ‘Heirs.’ This is because he is an actor we can trust. You can expect to see more mature and deeper acting from Lee Min Ho in ‘The King: The Eternal Monarch.'”

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” is a drama that tackles the subject of parallel worlds. In one world, the emperor of the Korean empire seeks to keep the doors closed, while in the other, a detective of the Republic of Korea seeks to protect his life and the people he loves.

Yoon Ha Rim, the production company’s representative, stated, “Nothing has been decided yet with regard to the broadcaster or any broadcasting details. But we have the director and the male lead and we will begin filming sometime in the second half of this year.”

Are you excited to see Lee Min Ho and Kim Eun Sook work together again?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1322637wpp/lee-min-ho-confirmed-to-reunite-with-heirs-writer-kim-eun-sook-for-new-drama

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

OMG, my fellow soomzies, this is it!! We’ve waited 2 years for this great news.. i’m so excited!!  @syntyche or @CarolynH   Maybe one of you can create a thread for the new drama? We should start posting drama updates in the drama thread. 

Haha I got too excited, I created one right away! Let me know if it works. Will update/edit it later.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, syntyche said:

Haha I got too excited, I created one right away! Let me know if it works. Will update/edit it later.

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this good news! It means that his comeback project will be historical genre, a sageuk one. As much as I don't really dig this kind of genre, but I will always support LMH all the way! :P

Also, thanks for sharing that LMH is in vacation right now. :P Although, I'm not familiar with jangshosho.....I'm sure if only Jung Il Woo isn't so busy right now with his current drama they would go together, just thinking.....

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

Our Minho got all busy updating his IG!

Looks like he's enjoying his vacation.

Thanks for sharing MORE. dear. He was deprive of this for almost (2) years so, he has to do whatever he wants to now, go all out on SNS & enjoy vacation while still haven't started filming for his upcoming drama. Based from the pictures you posted, it seems that they go to the part of Spain where it's close to nature. I love that picture where he's napping while inside the resto.....He might be so tired - hahaha. I'm happy that we get to see his many pictures again just like then.....prior entering his military service. :P

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this good news! It means that his comeback project will be historical genre, a sageuk one. As much as I don't really dig this kind of genre, but I will always support LMH all the way! :P

Thanks @syntyche  for creating the drama thread. We just have to make sure we update it to keep it on the first page. 

Article says

It’s a drama that tackles the subject of parallel worlds. In one world, the emperor of the Korean empire seeks to keep the doors closed, while in the other, a detective of the Republic of Korea seeks to protect his life and the people he loves.

So it would be pretty similar to Legend of the Blue Sea with sageuk scenes and also scenes in the modern setting. The question is, will Lee Min Ho portray a dual role —  the Emperor in the sageuk part of the drama and the detective ? Or will one of the roles be played by a different actor? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CallieP said:
  Reveal hidden contents

D5YnX3AUEAAsZsg.jpg

D5YnFYTUcAArtIp.jpg

Hi. These are photos of him lifted from the recent 8 Letters episode. But it seems these were taken during his 2017 US trip, just before enlisting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1