Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

@maja
Thanks for those gorgeous pix.  That spoiler tag, are those MH, so hot :x:)) seem the fans are interested in his bodyguard having his pix taken at close up.
@siaI like your new avatar, nice :)
Love his side view smile + DIMPLE !!!! :x

IMG_2218-1.jpg

:x

hayuinblue said: mappyminho said:

if u had opportunity ....take ducky, luvminho   wid u ..they wud guide u in the ways n means of keeping Daejang *ahem* Minho...in backend  attack.. Also sia n maja wud help u in frontal attack..

:D:D:D ..know wat i mean.. :P

:)]

2012: Something for everyone? [Year In Review, Part 1]
by javabeans
| December 8, 2012

Review extravaganza time!

I know: Already? It feels like just the other day I was killing myself to corral all my thoughts in coherent fashion in a monster review of 2011′s dramas, and already it’s time to lose sleep wrangling my thoughts together for 2012. Time sure flies when you’re having fun, or old. Guess which one I am?

These days I shy away from blanket statements like “This was an awesome year” or “This was a terrible year.” Dramaland has been putting out so much material that all the nuance gets sucked out of a flattening statement like that. If anything, 2012 was the year it overflowed with variety—so yes, there were terrible shows, and there were awesome shows, and there were shows every step in between. But thanks to the explosion of cable programming—aided by the launching of not one, not two, but four new cable stations boasting big drama lineups—there was just about something for everyone.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Faith

yer_faith1.jpg

Here we come to the most recent of the time-slipping bunch with SBS’s Faith, which bears a number of similarities to previous entries in the genre, most obviously Dr. Jin for the medical angle. As it turns out, though, when you’ve got so many dramas trading on the same central conceit it’s really the differences that stand out, rather than the gimmicks they’ve got in common.

Faith shook things up a little by making our traveler a female character, which seems a minor difference on paper, perhaps, but opened up a whole host of issues bypassed by the other dramas. And I don’t just mean by forcing our heroine to concoct her own cosmetics out of herbs (though she did that—you can take the girl out of Cheongdam-dong, but you can’t take Cheongdam-dong out of the girl). In making the woman the foreign entity, Faith turned her into a spoil of war, buffeted about by powerful men who all wanted to possess her in some way as an asset. Thankfully, she wasn’t having any of that and refused to relegate herself to object status.

That’s one example of Faith’s strengths: It had interesting philosophical debates written into the storylines, with characters’ actions reflecting the greater themes and messages in play. Too bad Faith also had one big downfall: It was plodding. Some might say slow. Others might use the word boring. What it wasn’t was exciting, epic, or grandiose.

Since there are plenty of fine shows that are not exciting, epic, or grandiose, this should not have been a huge drawback for Faith, except for the fact that this project was once drawn along the lines of exciting, epic, and grandiose. That was before it languished on the shelf for a couple of years while the production dealt with a revolving door of lead actors and lost a chunk of its budget. Nothing a good revision couldn’t fix, only you got the sense that they never were able to fully shed their former intentions. Some parts were scaled down accordingly to this newer, quieter, more cerebral story. Others wanted to be badass and action-worthy and were woefully short of the mark in execution. Ultimately it felt like Faith wanted to be two different shows but never could make up its mind which way to go.

The romance between the modern Kim Hee-sun and Goryeo’s warrior Lee Min-ho ended up carrying much of the show, which is fine since they showed rapport and really worked the star-crossed (or time-space-crossed) lovers angle. It was less fine in that Faith wasn’t meant for the romance to be the end-all and be-all, so the love story had to shoulder more narrative burden than it should have. In contrast, the rest of the cast lacked cohesion, often dropping in and out without transitions, leaving threads untied.

Faith was by no means the worst of the time travelers, but neither was it at the top of the heap, either. Unfortunately its production limitations were all too evident, keeping it firmly in the middle of the pack.