Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Speaking of South Korea, the percentage of "actors" and "singers" was high as the people that came to mind. As for specific figures, President Moon Jae-in was the highest at 7.9%, BTS was second with 5.5%, and actors Lee Min-ho and Song Hye-kyo succeeded with 4.3% and 4.1%, respectively. That's right.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

24 K-Dramas That Are Made Even Better By Their Fantastic Soundtracks

From their twisting plot lines to their poignant romance arcs, it's no wonder why once you watch one K-Drama you'll find quickly yourself wanting to watch another (and another, and another, and another)!

But you know what makes a K-Drama stand apart from the rest? An incredible soundtrack.

K-Drama soundtracks are seriously underrated. Not only are they ridiculously catchy and a great way to find new artists to listen to, but they can also provide a glimpse into a character's mindset or complement the show's current storyline too. Add in performances by phenomenally talented artists like EXO's Chen, BTS's V, or IU, and K-Drama soundtracks definitely deserve more recognition.

So, without further ado, here are 24 K-Dramas that are made even better by their fantastic soundtracks... 

6. The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

[더 킹 : 영원의 군주 OST Part 2] 화사 (Hwa Sa) - Orbit MV

Stone Music Entertainment / YouTube / Via youtube.com

Spoiler alert: this is another superb soundtrack. If you need a soundtrack that will transport you to another world, then look no further. Fitting in line with the show's royal storyline, the soundtrack for The King: Eternal Monarch is both atmospheric and elegant. It is an album that will make the listener feel like they're pining over a long lost lover. perhaps from another reality?

Recommended songs: "Orbit" by Hwasa, "I Just Want To Stay With You" by Zion.T, "Heartbreak" by Gaeko and Kim Na-young, "You're My End and My Beginning" by Onestar and Kim Jae-hwan, and "My Love" by Gummy.

7. Boys Over Flowers (2009)

파라다이스 (꽃보다 남자OST 메인 테마)

T-Max / YouTube / Via youtube.com

Let's be real. If you've watched Boys Over Flowers before, then you've absolutely found yourself singing along to T-Max's "Paradise" at least oncfe. In fact, I would venture to say that there's no more iconic K-Drama song lyric than ALMOST PARADISE! Just like Boys Over Flowers, this soundtrack is extravagant and heartfelt. From SHINee's "Stand By Me" to SS501's "Because of My Bad Memory," this album is full of youthful charm and always makes me nostalgic for the first time I watched the show.

Recommended songs: "Paradise" by T-Max, "Stand By Me" by SHINee, "Do You Know" by Someday, and "Because of My Bad Memory" by SS501... 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emlyntravis/the-best-k-drama-soundtracks

• Like 5

Revealing Lee Min Ho's True Attitude Towards Female Staff Behind The Scenes

Chan 15:50 - March 10, 2021

Lee Min Ho is one of the most popular Kbiz actors to date. The guy owns an outstanding cinematic "luck". Every time he appears, Lee's handsome surname makes him admire his handsome and charming appearance. The actor also did not have to face any controversy over the many years of work in show business.

Many people believe that one of the reasons Lee Min Ho is currently successful is because of good coordination between him and his staff. Many times, Lee Min Ho's staff praised this handsome guy's personality.

70806835-1be6-4e31-b3da-290c06941b37.jpg

Treat employees like family members

There used to be a thread on social media asking, "What do employees think of Lee Min Ho?" ... Immediately after that, the person who worked with the male protagonist Kuan Wuong the Immortal spoke about all the actions of the guy behind the camera, which extremely excited the fans. According to this person, Lee Min Ho's team includes two managers, a stylist, a hairdresser and a make-up artist. These people have been working together for many years. During filming, the actor often took pictures of himself or asked the crew for himself. Therefore, these people also occasionally appear on his personal page.

874dce5b-eb90-4349-986f-7724c57c321f.jpg

Spoiler

9e59532a-5e08-4c81-a4e0-0f37f3b67070.jpg

The female collective working with Lee Min Ho said the actor is a very warm person who loves to do cute actions. When he laughs, Lee's beautiful surname makes those around him feel comfortable. “After working together, he changed our lives a lot. Now, if we don't meet, we will miss each other, ”admitted one of the people who worked with Lee Min Ho.

Makeup artist Yoo Hye Mi once said that people would be more interested in Lee Min Ho when he knows Lee Min Ho well. Also, the actor loves to laugh offscreen. Therefore, the relationship between them is becoming increasingly close, as well as between family members.

Spoiler

938aacf0-d8c8-4b03-9c6b-63fd7ef5a6b4.jpg

94b8ea48-7b65-404b-beb6-c457d57efb47.jpg

Lee Min Ho once shared, “Other stars can get nervous when they are seen with their co-workers. But I think differently than they do. We work together, diligently exploring how to make products better and better, demonstrating a strong and proud team spirit. "

Go shopping with staff

In the film, he often plays a rich guy with a difficult temperament, but in real life, Lee Min Ho is very friendly. Known for this, but doesn't hesitate to go shopping with the staff. In 2020, the video of the scene when the actor himself buys food in the supermarket caused "panic" in the sister association for a long time. All "shouted", wanted to apply to his subordinates.

c33be4a1-028e-4f42-9928-54de7ddd347b.jpg

Post photos together regularly

The sobriety of a male actor is exactly what the team revealed earlier. Lee Min Ho even pretended to take a selfie in front of the mirror to guide everyone backstage.

Spoiler

78e89ff8-08b8-47ba-b972-a4e4413ccf3e.jpg

c58cdc68-a9d2-4353-947a-48c2b2986a6f.jpg

In addition, while “sliding” on Lee Min Ho's Instagram, it’s easy to see a photo of the guy and the staff. In the photo, everyone is as close as friends, family members, and not just a star and a manager or makeup artist, hairdresser.

Spoiler

a8321ca6-fbbc-44c7-96b5-3e546e1adf73.jpg

df14925e-fa18-49a9-a2f9-f8085d4f505a.jpg

Eat together in the car, make everyone laugh

On the personal page of almost 23 million fans, Lee Min Ho shared a happy moment with his employees, eating ice cream in the car, there was no distance between the star and ordinary people. This laid-back, cohesive scene makes people think of coworkers and classmates who are going to have some fun after work.

Spoiler

0dcb2daf-d75f-4884-9933-f13b341ef232.jpg

252e3343-d729-4d82-bc8b-4bc6be9dac6e.jpg

Behind the scenes, Lee Min Ho has also been repeatedly caught in a prank by the crew. This makes the work less stressful. In most of the behind-the-scenes videos and photos, everyone can easily see the image of Lee Min Ho laughing happily with those around him.

Spoiler

c241d247-4443-4270-984d-60ee0181fc76.jpg

5059d6ad-8f69-45c7-8606-7ec91f8d1c24.jpg

Employees hugging in crowded places

The most famous stars are very limited in intimate contact with fans, colleagues or co-workers in public places. However, Lee Min Ho calmly embraced his three female colleagues in public, never refraining from the "passer-by" camera.

Spoiler

ac485481-3f02-4258-b158-3fd47916ac28.jpg

Play sports together

In 2013, fans had the opportunity to "open their eyes" to see Lee Min Ho playing tennis with staff in Beijing, China. Until now, this video is still "digged" from time to time. Everyone must admit that Lee Min Ho is not a "star fever" like some other famous actors. If you don't know in advance, few people would believe that this cult actor is the lover of so many Asian girls.

Spoiler

4b442153-5b23-4b41-9c80-a8750f82a95b.jpg

3dcc68ca-c5a6-4adb-b062-dc3bf01da92e.jpg

Giving gifts to the film crew

Lee Min Ho not only does shopping and jokes, but also regularly buys gifts for the cast members. An actor named Lee also spent a lot of money buying food for everyone. The nice act of a guy warms everyone up. It can be seen that a warm man is hiding behind a handsome, somewhat cold face.

Spoiler

020b787d-2984-4374-82a3-385b34d9a9e1.jpg

Thank you for accepting the award.

In 2020, Lee Min Ho returns to the movie "The Immortal King" after 2 years of being drafted. For this work, Lee Min Ho won the Best Actor award at the 2020 SBS Drama Awards. While receiving the award, Lee thanked the crew and colleagues. Although this is just a small act, fans still take great pride in Lee Min Ho's warmth and friendliness.

Spoiler

a2a8675c-4337-478a-ad23-be226521313e.jpg

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://www.dienanh.net/lee-min-ho-va-thai-do-that-voi-nhan-vien-nu-o-hau-truong-27077.html

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

I just heard drama casting news of an actress, her drama will air in October,,,

I think we can be hopeful for LMH casting news,,, it’s not too late,,, I’m still waiting for his new work announcement,,, 

I’m even fine if we get to see his drama early January 2022,,,, 

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, willenette said:

West Pender is in the heart of downtown Vancouver, right?

Yes it is. And I believe tomorrow he's out of quarantine - it's been 14 days. Guess where I'm going tomorrow? :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

While we are slow, I decided that I should edit the first page.  I'm thinking of deleting most of the narrative so it looks cleaner and easier to read.  If you notice any errors, be it spelling, dates etc, please let me know.  I won't delete the narrative until I'm done editing.

Oh, quarantine is over?  some reason I had it in my head that it was 3 days in the gov't hotel, then 10 additional days of quarantine.  I give up, I can't add lol :wut:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

32 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

While we are slow, I decided that I should edit the first page.  I'm thinking of deleting most of the narrative so it looks cleaner and easier to read.  If you notice any errors, be it spelling, dates etc, please let me know.  I won't delete the narrative until I'm done editing.

Oh, quarantine is over?  some reason I had it in my head that it was 3 days in the gov't hotel, then 10 additional days of quarantine.  I give up, I can't add lol

@CarolynH, as far as I know, in Canada, it's required to acknowledge that you must self-quarantine for 14 days. I wonder if his quarantine period completed already. I lost count...... :Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 4

***"Pachinko" being mentioned ................ :happy2:

**************************************************************************************

Global streaming giants wade into Korean streaming market

SEOUL, March 11 (Yonhap) -- Global streaming service giants like Netflix and Apple TV+ have been expanding their slate with Korean TV series and shows, popular among Asian viewers, as part of their strategies to tap into the populous region.

Netflix, a leading U.S. media company, earlier announced its plan to spend US$500 million in 2021 on Korean films and TV series, with 13 works of Korean-language original content to be produced this year.

The amount accounts for about 70 percent of its total investment worth $700 million since its entry into South Korea in 2015.

Apple TV+, the subscription-based streaming service of tech titan Apple, is also moving into Korean-language originals, although it has not yet started its service in Korea.

Apple TV+ has already embarked on a TV adaptation of the critically acclaimed novel "Pachinko," written by Korean American author Lee Min-jin. Starring Korean actors like Youn Yuh-jung and Lee Min-ho, the show is now in production, featuring Korean, Japanese and English dialogue.

Disney+, Walt Disney Co.'s flagship streaming service, is also gearing up its plans to launch in Korea later this year.

(skipped unrelated.....)

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap news

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20210311004900315?section=culture/entertainment

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1