Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

The winner of the 1st BOF quiz is..............@1ouise!  A first time winner!  Woo hoo! Everyone else did great, missing only the first question.  

Night with LMH was so hot and sexy, wasn't it?.....until the question where the match went out too quickly then we hear his dorky laugh.  :lol:  But, I did feel sad when he mentioned Choco

Congratulations to you @1ouise !   And thanks @Nikaa94 for always answer my questions.    I do hope he has more than 1 work / project / show,  whatever it means.   Guess that would be the 2nd half of this year? 

the way you tug gently on your lower lip

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Congratulations to you @1ouise !   And thanks @Nikaa94 for always answer my questions.    I do hope he has more than 1 work / project / show,  whatever it means.   Guess that would be the 2nd half of this year? 

yeah, hopefully second half,,, :rickroll:

Do u think LMH has a surprise for us today? Are we getting new content today? :joy: I’m so spoiled now,,,,,, :getmygrooveon:

We have been getting new content non stop,,,

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

yeah, hopefully second half,,, 

Do u think LMH has a surprise for us today? Are we getting new content today?  I’m so spoiled now,,,,,, 

We have been getting new content non stop,,,

Haha!  @Nikaa94  I think we would get to hear more of him this month before he goes over Canada.   
Any idea when he is going?

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Haha!  @Nikaa94  I think we would get to hear more of him this month before he goes over Canada.   
Any idea when he is going?

no, I don’t know! But I think he should be going soon, maybe he is already in Canada? he was in SK until Friday because he had CF filming. It’s kinda mysterious, I wish I knew where LMH is :joy: Filming starts in Feb,,,

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

When is LMH going to Canada??:joy: Our Minho Oppaaaaa

As always, you are so fast with the updates @Nikaa94
I hope whilst he is there, may he and the crew / cast be safe and sound.

And that he will post us something, can't bear the absence when we have been spoilt lately by all the updates and beautiful videos.  

Where is @leeminhosny by the way?  

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

As always, you are so fast with the updates @Nikaa94
I hope whilst he is there, may he and the crew / cast be safe and sound.

And that he will post us something, can't bear the absence when we have been spoilt lately by all the updates and beautiful videos.  

Where is @leeminhosny by the way?  

I think Minoz who found the article and quickly shared on her tweet is actually fast, :D I just quoted her tweet here :approves:

yes, I hope everyone stays safe and sound in Canada, wish for a great and safe filming,,, 

I miss LMH’s updates so much, like mirror pics and so on,,,, 

yeah I hope Minoz @leeminhosny will be back with us soon,,,, 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

*** There’s really nothing wrong when you get invited for auditions. A-list actors do this from time to time. Marlon Brando actually auditioned for his part in The Godfather. He'd already won an Oscar and was nominated for many more Oscars. He'd already been a major name. Tom Cruise auditioned for Jerry Maguire. Leonardo DiCaprio auditioned for Titanic.  Russell Crowe auditioned for Les Miserables. Name actors may also be asked to audition if the role is very different from their previous work. Russel Crowe is not known as a singer, so it makes sense that he was asked to audition for Les Mis. Producers usually start the casting process about six weeks prior to the first shoot date. The recorded audition should run approximately 3-5 minutes. How long does it take to get a callback? Actors should not call in; they should wait until the agent knows if they are going to be called back. When will you get called back? Usually it's within two or three days. On rare occasions you can hear back a week later or even longer. For commercials, for example, the turn-around is typically pretty fast. If the audition information tells you the shoot dates, you will certainly get a callback before the shoot dates…or else you’re not getting one. For film, casting normally has longer to cast roles, and can hold auditions in multiple locations before decided who to call back.  For TV, a lot depends on the kind of role and show it is. Smaller roles (co-stars) may not even have a call-back; they might book you from your first audition. For pilots, the process can take a while and they can add new people to later rounds if producers don’t love who they’ve already seen. Just know that in most cases, the longer you wait, the less likely it is you’ll get called back. It’s not typical for A-listers/big names to go in for a traditional audition. They may have an informal meeting, lunch, or drinks with the director or producers instead - this may be for the film’s creative team to size them up without it feeling high pressure, or it may be the creative team’s way to pitch a project to someone they really want on board.

Also, it's important to understand the difference between auditions and other preliminary steps like “chemistry reads.” Once an actor is attached to a project, s/he may be asked to read with potential co-stars. For those co-stars, it's an audition. For the attached star, they're already cast, but participating in the audition process to help the producers make a casting choice.  :blush:

**************************************************************************************************

[SBS Star] Lee Minho Shares 'Pachinko' Was His First Audition in 11 Years

201512720_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Minho revealed that his recent audition for Apple TV+ originals 'Pachinko' was his first audition in 11 years.

On January 20, fashion magazine GQ Korea dropped photos from their recent photo shoot with Lee Minho for the upcoming February issue.

201512716_1280.jpg

During the interview after the photo shoot, Lee Minho talked about his first Hollywood project; Apple TV+'s original series 'Pachinko'. When asked if the audition was something that guarantees him the role, Lee Minho said, "Not at all.

It's been more than a decade since I auditioned (for a role), but the situation has changed from then." He continued, "I thought it would be so embarrassing if I failed the audition, so I was determined to get the role. I worked really hard to prepare for the audition." He added, "I felt extremely pressured about having to do well. I was nervous and excited at the same time, and I was beyond happy when I got the role."

201512718_1280.jpg

201512719_1280.jpg

Spoiler

'Pachinko' is a drama based on Korean-American author Kim Min Jin's best-selling novel of the same name. It centers around a Korean immigrant family, telling their 4-generation-worth of saga that takes place all across Korea, Japan, and the United States. Lee Minho will play the role of 'Hansu', a rich and powerful merchant with ties to organized crime.

201512717_1280.jpg

(Credit= GQ Korea) (SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006178777

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, willenette said:

*** There’s really nothing wrong when you get invited for auditions. A-list actors do this from time to time. Marlon Brando actually auditioned for his part in The Godfather. He'd already won an Oscar and was nominated for many more Oscars. He'd already been a major name. Tom Cruise auditioned for Jerry Maguire. Leonardo DiCaprio auditioned for Titanic.  Russell Crowe auditioned for Les Miserables. Name actors may also be asked to audition if the role is very different from their previous work. Russel Crowe is not known as a singer, so it makes sense that he was asked to audition for Les Mis. Producers usually start the casting process about six weeks prior to the first shoot date. The recorded audition should run approximately 3-5 minutes. How long does it take to get a callback? Actors should not call in; they should wait until the agent knows if they are going to be called back. When will you get called back? Usually it's within two or three days. On rare occasions you can hear back a week later or even longer. For commercials, for example, the turn-around is typically pretty fast. If the audition information tells you the shoot dates, you will certainly get a callback before the shoot dates…or else you’re not getting one. For film, casting normally has longer to cast roles, and can hold auditions in multiple locations before decided who to call back.  For TV, a lot depends on the kind of role and show it is. Smaller roles (co-stars) may not even have a call-back; they might book you from your first audition. For pilots, the process can take a while and they can add new people to later rounds if producers don’t love who they’ve already seen. Just know that in most cases, the longer you wait, the less likely it is you’ll get called back. It’s not typical for A-listers/big names to go in for a traditional audition. They may have an informal meeting, lunch, or drinks with the director or producers instead - this may be for the film’s creative team to size them up without it feeling high pressure, or it may be the creative team’s way to pitch a project to someone they really want on board.

Also, it's important to understand the difference between auditions and other preliminary steps like “chemistry reads.” Once an actor is attached to a project, s/he may be asked to read with potential co-stars. For those co-stars, it's an audition. For the attached star, they're already cast, but participating in the audition process to help the producers make a casting choice.  :blush:

**************************************************************************************************

[SBS Star] Lee Minho Shares 'Pachinko' Was His First Audition in 11 Years

201512720_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Minho revealed that his recent audition for Apple TV+ originals 'Pachinko' was his first audition in 11 years.

On January 20, fashion magazine GQ Korea dropped photos from their recent photo shoot with Lee Minho for the upcoming February issue.

201512716_1280.jpg

During the interview after the photo shoot, Lee Minho talked about his first Hollywood project; Apple TV+'s original series 'Pachinko'. When asked if the audition was something that guarantees him the role, Lee Minho said, "Not at all.

It's been more than a decade since I auditioned (for a role), but the situation has changed from then." He continued, "I thought it would be so embarrassing if I failed the audition, so I was determined to get the role. I worked really hard to prepare for the audition." He added, "I felt extremely pressured about having to do well. I was nervous and excited at the same time, and I was beyond happy when I got the role."

201512718_1280.jpg

201512719_1280.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

'Pachinko' is a drama based on Korean-American author Kim Min Jin's best-selling novel of the same name. It centers around a Korean immigrant family, telling their 4-generation-worth of saga that takes place all across Korea, Japan, and the United States. Lee Minho will play the role of 'Hansu', a rich and powerful merchant with ties to organized crime.

201512717_1280.jpg

(Credit= GQ Korea) (SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006178777

wowww, thanks for this

• Like 4

On 1/25/2021 at 2:18 AM, Min2206 said:

Everyone watch this YouTube video!!! It’s like an interview, he answers new questions!!!!! 

Korean MINOZ in DC gallery caught that phrase too “The Shows”

https://m.dcinside.com/board/minho/698030

Some of his answers are intriguing eliciting more questions.  Anyone can guess what he means.  He mentioned the word dynamic.  He thinks his life isn't dynamic enough?  That is strange.

He said  15 years ago is the same as today?  What do you think that meant?  Has it not turned out the way he would have liked. I would have asked him to elaborate that statement but it was a short interview.

Do people really think he is cold and picky?   He always seemed more shy than cold. 

He really looks handsome in this interview, hot and sexy.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Some of his answers are intriguing eliciting more questions.  Anyone can guess what he means.  He mentioned the word dynamic.  He thinks his life isn't dynamic enough?  That is strange.

He said  15 years ago is the same as today?  What do you think that meant?  Has it not turned out the way he would have liked. I would have asked him to elaborate that statement but it was a short interview.

Do people really think he is cold and picky?   He always seemed more shy than cold. 

I totally agree with you, :approves:

I find his interview amazingly mysterious and I have more questions after I watched his interview, I can’t believe people thought of him a cold and picky. How could they even say that to his face??:unamused:<_<  Someone with the brightest smile,,,,,, he is always so fun and playful,,,, also very humble and kind,,,,

By dynamic, he may have meant that he needed something different in his life besides acting. You know LMH really enjoys working independently on these videos and he uses his editing skills and also comes up with ideas. This should be fun for him.

• Blob 5

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

i kind of understand why people think he is cold and picky. actually if i wasnt his fan i probably would have the same thoughts of him. the main reason is that he is one of the few people who have a strong vibe and presence to him. his charisma and the aura around him makes people who dont know him find it hard to approach him at first and they will think 100 time what to say to him before meeting him in order to not make a mistake.

only after i saw his interviews/airport fancams and his fan events that i knew how kind and warm he is from the way he treats fans

i believe that his youtube videos will allow people (especially non fans) to view him in a different way

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Just caught the GQ interview on YT thanks to ICEBeyondMinoz. Too distracted with the visuals to catch the subtitles. Not sure when I would be able to back read all the pages. 

@Min2206 would you happen to have a gif on LMH blowing out the match stick.. I’m swooning at it right now. Sorry if it has already been posted. 

@Nikaa94 looks like LMH might travel soon to Canada according to the post you shared? Any other celebs in SK have been caught in the airport yet there?

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

20 minutes ago, Areumdaun said:

Just caught the GQ interview on YT thanks to ICEBeyondMinoz. Too distracted with the visuals to catch the subtitles. Not sure when I would be able to back read all the pages. 

@Min2206 would you happen to have a gif on LMH blowing out the match stick.. I’m swooning at it right now. Sorry if it has already been posted. 

@Nikaa94 looks like LMH might travel soon to Canada according to the post you shared? Any other celebs in SK have been caught in the airport yet there?

by the way, I was gonna ask ur opinion about the first part of interview :D where LMH says “I hope the shows I’m starting goes well this year”, we had some discussions and I also saw posts on DC gallery talking about how LMH used plural of show/work and that he may have hinted at a possible new project in 2021 besides pachinko. What’s ur thoughts? :joy: some said on Twitter we shouldn’t be so sure about this,,, but why would LMH use plural then? He could have used singular and meant pachinko only,,, 

His interview was amazing and a bit mysterious overall,,, :D  Also him sitting in the dark,,, his deep eyes,,,,,:evilelmo:

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

On 1/24/2021 at 11:20 PM, lupeace said:

i have already lost hope for a second work in 2021 long time ago :pensive: and the main reason for that is other actors dramas take at maximum 3/4 months of filming while lmh dramas took 7/8 months :bawling: 

Do the other actors just take 3 to 4 months to complete a series?   LMH always takes several months including pre-preparation e.g. Filipino martial arts in CH, horse riding in Faith and royal behavior and ethics in TKEM.  Waiting for JJH in LBS. Now 8 months for 8 episodes.

We listened to LMH saying works or shows, I wonder if he was including his own YouTube videos that he is directing and editing?  If that is so, no other dramas or movie.

He said "Speaking of my career, I think what was wrong then is still wrong now."  I am really curious to know what he actually means?  The film industry itself, the networks, the trajectory of his own career?  He is now the most well-known actor worldwide (whether Korean or just actor).  He is a great success in terms of exposure and popularity. 

I can understand him wanting more e.g. to direct his own movie or do do a different role, no longer a Prince Charming.  To be real, he was Prince Charming for 3 dramas - BOF, Heirs and TKEM.   He was a soldier, a con man albeit a successful businessman's son in LBS but he did not live off his dad. An architect and a adopted son of a drug lord.  He was poor in GB.  I am looking forward for him to be in slippers like Mackerel Run.  Or he could be suave without being a Prince charming e.g. a secret agent or spy? 

I wonder how he wants to be more dynamic as though his life isn't dynamic enough.  He seems happy with his new hobby so maybe satisfaction is what he wants not dynamism. 

There are many other actors who have played the role of a rich or powerful person several times too.  However, I think LMH is most well known for his Prince Charming roles because he is Prince Charming.  Even as the village head in LBS, he looked more like royalty then a village head. :joy:.  LMH has the look of a prince.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

8 minutes ago, CallieP said:

There are many other actors who have played the role of a rich or powerful person several times too.  However, I think LMH is most well known for his Prince Charming roles because he is Prince Charming.  Even as the village head in LBS, he looked more like royalty then a village head. :joy:.  LMH has the look of a prince.

This!!!! :approves::relieved:

8 minutes ago, CallieP said:

We listened to LMH saying works or shows, I wonder if he was including his own YouTube videos that he is directing and editing?  If that is so, no other dramas or movie.

I don’t think so, why would he want his movielogs to go well? :joy: he said “I hope the shows I’m starting goes well this year”,,, YouTube is his hobby and not work!

He has fun working on his videos, ideas, and editing,,,,

• Like 7