Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

13 hours ago, desy said:

hi, this isn't related to pachinko but please do you know why min ho doesn't have a tvn drama or cable TV drama? also why are his shows always on sbs? :rage: is it that tvn and other cable TVs don't want him and never send him scripts? or he just doesn't accept? are actors in charge of where they want their drama to air?

@desy, I guess it's SBS who always acquired the rights first to broadcast his dramas. This is what I feel.....to answer your question - I really don't know.....why cable dramas don't acquire the rights, I guess they're already full & no available slots anymore for any acquisition. An actor has no say where & what networks their drama to air unless they're the ones producing it. It's the producer who offer it to networks. :blush:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

@desy, I guess it's SBS who always acquired the rights first to broadcast his dramas. This is what I feel.....to answer your question - I really don't know.....why cable dramas don't acquire the rights, I guess they're already full & no available slots anymore for any acquisition. An actor has no say where & what networks their drama to air unless they're the ones producing it. It's the producer who offer it to networks. :blush:

thanks for your explanation but I seriously don't like sbs......now that tkem didn't give them their desired ratings and they treated it like total trash, can they stopping acquiring the rights of his dramas?!:rage:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, desy said:

hi, this isn't related to pachinko but please do you know why min ho doesn't have a tvn drama or cable TV drama? also why are his shows always on sbs? :rage: is it that tvn and other cable TVs don't want him and never send him scripts? or he just doesn't accept? are actors in charge of where they want their drama to air?

omg noooo, who said that? where did you see it? 

@desy There was news before that The King was to be shown on tvn. But sbs eventually bought the rights. What network a drama will be shown is really with the production, not the actor. 

Anyway, I just read an article that the 3 big networks (sbs included) are experiencing competition not only with the cable channels, but also with OTTs entering the Korean market, such as Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+. And because of that, if I remember right, the dramas shown on the 3 networks are not as many as before. Well, I care only about what's best for LMH! 

I do hope that we can see airport news/photos/video on LMH going to Canada. But then again, SK has to observe health protocols, and I doubt if they would let fans wait out at the airport. Come to think of it, I haven't really seen airport photos/vid of other k-artists lately. And another thing, LMH was able to go out of SK and travel to Europe on a personal trip without airport photos (well, there was only one blurred photo :D). 

@leeminhosny Darn right, it takes much time and effort to make those GIFs! I've been seeing your GIFs and other content for years and it's a bummer if others are just taking your artwork with no credit. It's so easy for other people to copy-paste content; they have no idea of the hours and work that we put on those.

spacer.png   

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

@desy There was news before that The King was to be shown on tvn. But sbs eventually bought the rights. What network a drama will be shown is really with the production, not the actor. 

Anyway, I just read an article that the 3 big networks (sbs included) are experiencing competition not only with the cable channels, but also with OTTs entering the Korean market, such as Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+. And because of that, if I remember right, the dramas shown on the 3 networks are not as many as before. Well, I care only about what's best for LMH! 

I do hope that we can see airport news/photos/video on LMH going to Canada. But then again, SK has to observe health protocols, and I doubt if they would let fans wait out at the airport. Come to think of it, I haven't really seen airport photos/vid of other k-artists lately. And another thing, LMH was able to go out of SK and travel to Europe on a personal trip without airport photos (well, there was only one blurred photo :D). 

@leeminhosny Darn right, it takes much time and effort to make those GIFs! I've been seeing your GIFs and other content for years and it's a bummer if others are just taking your artwork with no credit. It's so easy for other people to copy-paste content; they have no idea of the hours and work that we put on those.

spacer.png   

yes I heard about tkem was meant to air on tvn, I seriously think if it had aired on tvn, it would have done better, I am not saying it would have high ratings but I mean in terms of less criticism from knetz, good product placement, better promotion, also storyline (because sbs changed and cut a lot of scenes) sbs just had to snatch it away and still treated it bad at the end

also western celebrities often travel to and fro by private jet or even normal first class airplanes without pictures being released and no one knowing. I was surprised when I learnt "airport fashion" and regular sighting of celebs in airports is a normal thing in korean fandoms

• Like 3

I miss LMH so much, where is he? I know we got so many content but the content weren’t literally prepared and released the same day, I want some current update from LMH, I’m wondering what he is up to and when he will go to Canada, or did he already get on the plane?

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

So something crossed my mind, most Minoz thought LMH would post on IG on the day of his most recent CF filming because he posted many times during his previous schedule and even magazine shooting. I was thinking maybe LMH was filming for a new CF and that’s why he didn’t want to spoil it. It’s just a thought and maybe I’m reading too much into it. :joy: Anyways, I’m looking forward to new video and pics of the CF filming! I hope they get released when we are in drought while LMH is filming in Canada. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

So something crossed my mind, most Minoz thought LMH would post on IG on the day of his most recent CF filming because he posted many times during his previous schedule and even magazine shooting. I was thinking maybe LMH was filming for a new CF and that’s why he didn’t want to spoil it. It’s just a thought and maybe I’m reading too much into it. :joy: Anyways, I’m looking forward to new video and pics of the CF filming! I hope they get released when we are in drought while LMH is filming in Canada. 

@Nikaa94, hope you are right and we will see new photos and videos of Lee Min Ho when he travels to Canada. Then we can more easily survive the "drought".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

I’m still in slight disbelief that Lee Min Ho will be a 2 hour drive from me, and more specifically, in the city that my aunt lives in that pre-2020 I used to drive up to every month or so...and I’m banned from entering the country.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2

Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the 1st BOF quiz---geez I can't type tonight.  I had a typo with almost every word argh:o

We will survive the drought, we always do.  I suspect he's getting ready to leave for CN, so he's busy packing, spending time with Choco etc

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

16 hours ago, desy said:

thanks for your explanation but I seriously don't like sbs......now that tkem didn't give them their desired ratings and they treated it like total trash, can they stopping acquiring the rights of his dramas?!:rage:

@desy I respect your opinion that you feel upset & not happy but - one thing is certain: K-pop love is no joke. ...hahaha. Kidding aside, maybe if other networks acquired the rights for “TKEM”, they might do things differently, eh; you meant that SBS doesn’t have to approach the drama this way: That’s just how it is….. :smile:

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, desy said:

more rumoured drama casting news on twitter and new 2022 timeslots yet none with min ho, I don't think two project a year is possible. let's be happy with pachinko :pensive:

:bawling: 

So if No drama in 2021, but how about 2022? God please we need one time slot in 2022! 
if we only get Pachinko in 2021, let’s have a project in 2022 pls!! :criesariver:
Also, pachinko filming is taking forever :facepalm:  LMH will not review next work until at least his current filming is done. They started filming in October and it’s still ongoing! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3