Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Filipina Actress Sunshine Dizon is an Avid Fan of Lee Min Ho!

One of the prominent actresses in Philippine entertainment recently admitted that she is a huge fan of the Korean heartthrob Lee Min Ho. 

Lee Min Ho
(Photo : MYM Entertainment)

In everyday life that we encounter, everything about Korean entertainment is hard not to notice; with social media and other online platforms, the world of Korean dramas is inevitable. 

The 37-year-old actress said in an online interview that these past few months, she has been dealing with anxiety due to the pandemic, and to overcome her struggles watching Korean dramas has become her stress-reliever.

Sunshine Dizon
(Photo : Sunshine Dizon's Instagram Account)

"To be honest, watching K-dramas helped me a lot. That's one source of happiness when I didn't have work (no taping schedules)." Apart from watching dramas, the actress also shared that she has been trying new things, "I read books on directing and screenwriting. I diverted my attention to other things."

Even though the taping has already started, Sunshine is still watching Korean dramas to "They are my guilty pleasure when I am alone in my hotel room. The character that I am playing in my new series is heavy already, so I always look for a breather after, something that eases my feelings." and she found it through watching her favorite Korean series.

Sunshine Dizon
(Photo : Sunshine Dizon's Instagram Account)

She revealed that her ultimate oppa is none other than "Legend of the Blue Sea" actor Lee Min Ho, "I love him... He is my boyfriend." the actress jokingly said. Sunshine continued, "I love all his work. And my favorite drama of his right now is 'The King:Eternal Monarch'". She also shared some of her recent favorite K-dramas such as "Start-Up" and "It's Okay to Not Be Okay."

The actress was very thankful to find a new kind of comfort that helped her overcome all the problems she has been facing in her life. She is just one of the many people struggling due to the pandemic the world is facing today. Many things have changed, and we are all trying our best to overcome the struggles in our own life. These Korean dramas have become the source of happiness to most of us; they helped us ease the pain we are feeling. 

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho is gearing up for a collaboration with singer and actor Lee Seung Gi. Recently, Lee Min Ho shared a series of updates through his Instagram account and even an interesting and heart-warming video of him and Lee Seung Gi on his official YouTube channel.

Also Read: WATCH: Lee Seung Gi and Lee Min Ho Tease Fans about Their Much-Awaited Collab

These two actors wanted to make content that will give their viewers comfort, as much as possible, they aim to be real in doing the content. Fans were very excited about their collaboration because they will be witnessing another masterpiece from their favorite actors.

Through these simple binge-watching, these Korean dramas can make a change to someone's life. We find our happiness, and sometimes we found it in some of the little things around us. 

Is watching Korean dramas also your stress-reliever? Share your comments with us!

For more K-Drama, K-Movie, and celebrity news and updates, keep your tabs open here at Kdramastars.

Kdramastars owns this article.

Written by Shai Collins.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119719/20210123/filipina-actress-sunshine-dizon-avid-fan-lee-min-ho.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 5

2 hours ago, willenette said:

@CarolynH, the first thing that gets a drama rolling is the pitch...This means pitching an idea for the drama to a studio (production team) and then finding a network. What studios like these provide are equipment, sets, and many other things. Because of this, networks like to know that there is studio backing so that it's guaranteed that the show that they have ordered is under works. Producers intertwine with this as well because they're the ones that take control of the production. They cast the actors, hire the director and writers, take care of the contracts and budget, as well as find sponsors. Once the pitch is picked up and everything is sorted out, the revisions are next. The process of the revisions is pretty simply put. Both the studio and the network are going to have things that they'd like changed. Each has certain visions for this project, and more often than not they'll butt heads over what exactly they want to be put into this drama. Because the network is the one who's buying the project, their word overrides that which the studio may want. Either way, both the studio and the network are going to be trying to put together a drama that appeals to their fixed audiences. It's incredibly important for everyone in the working of this drama to be on the same page.  Once everyone agrees with the revisions and is on the same page, an outline is put out to then be sent to the screenwriter. They put together the first draft script, send it in, and then the network and studio get back to them with more outlined changes that they'd like made. Once you get to this stage of the game where the first episode script is completed it's time for casting to begin. There are a few different ways that casting can undergo, depending on how exactly the drama is being written as well as the image that the network and writers may have for this particular project. There may be certain actors that the director has worked with previously and thinks would be good for the role, or someone who's popular in the industry and the team thinks would fit the role perfectly. When this is the case they offer that role to the actor's agency or the actor themselves with the script and outline and wait for a response on whether or not they're interested in the role at hand. Besides the main lead roles, which more often than not are filled by at least one currently popular actor, casting is usually done by agencies and through auditions. The goal here is to find someone that fits the image and can easily represent the character at hand.

In Korea, for those who are not in an A-list, they walk-in for auditions. Depending on which field the auditionee wants to try out for, they are encouraged to prepare different things such as a song to sing & dance if you audition for being a singer, & a scene to perform for an acting audition. During the audition, the judges or whoever is in the room look for both talent and personality, as well as marketability. Another option is to send the company a video audition, which usually done by those A-list celebrities. This kind of audition is actually less intimidating than a walk-in one. :blush:

hi, this isn't related to pachinko but please do you know why min ho doesn't have a tvn drama or cable TV drama? also why are his shows always on sbs? :rage: is it that tvn and other cable TVs don't want him and never send him scripts? or he just doesn't accept? are actors in charge of where they want their drama to air?

19 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

So I think we already know we won’t have a Kdrama in 2021:bawling:, someone said on Twitter that casting news for early 2022 are coming out, but I don’t think first half of 2022 has already filled up. Right?? I can’t believe we don’t have a Kdrama in 2021, it’s going to feel lonely and I haven’t watched any of these news dramas. 
Hopefully we get a Kdrama in 2022! 

omg noooo, who said that? where did you see it? :crymeme:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, desy said:

hi, this isn't related to pachinko but please do you know why min ho doesn't have a tvn drama or cable TV drama? also why are his shows always on sbs? :rage: is it that tvn and other cable TVs don't want him and never send him scripts? or he just doesn't accept? are actors in charge of where they want their drama to air?

omg noooo, who said that? where did you see it? :crymeme:

i read it on Twitter, I don’t know! But we all know that casting news come way before a drama airs, news of some of these upcoming dramas came long long time ago. Getting Kdrama 2021 is already out of question IMO, I was hoping we would get a drama in second half but it doesn’t seem like it. We should pray for early 2022 Kdrama, but even for that we shouldn’t be getting the news too late, broadcasting channels line up their dramas so fast, in a blink of an eye! LMH on the other hand doesn’t seem to be thinking about a new project considering he is still working on Pachinko and will be filming in Canada. Then when he comes back, he may take some time off. I don’t know honestly! But I understood from his interview that if he really likes his offer and role, he won’t hesitate and will take the offer quickly. He came back with pachinko news only 4 months after TKEM! 

he said he would give us more good news in 2021, I’m wondering what he was referring to, projects or other activities such as magazine and other stuff. 

From his speech and greetings, I was almost sure he had already chosen a project but after reading his interview and also pachinko filming schedule i don’t think he has any project in mind. We didn’t get the smallest hint in his interview about new project. 

edit: by the way, you can also google and check some websites to see what 2022 Kdrama are confirmed 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Filming in Korea actually ended a long time ago and not recently. The time when we saw group pics was the time they ended Korea filming. 

I wanna hear news from LMH, not this actress or that actress :unamused:<_<  When will the male lead of Pachinko, our Minho, go to Canada? Give me that article!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, I couldn't agree with you more --- :blush: Simply jaw-dropping, simply breathtaking!

Same with me too, his side profile is so breathtaking,that we could just look at him 24/7. How could we not love this angel. 

And I adore how he holds that little puppy,as though he is playing and holding his little "baby" 

:fullofhearts:

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Filming in Korea actually ended a long time ago and not recently. The time when we saw group pics was the time they ended Korea filming. 

I wanna hear news from LMH, not this actress or that actress :unamused:<_<  When will the male lead of Pachinko, our Minho, go to Canada? Give me that article!!

I would think perhaps they are getting the preparation and the green light to travel in view of the current pandemic. 

Yes, we would be very happy  to be able to see MH airport runaway fashion :doggie:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

9 hours ago, willenette said:

@CarolynH, the first thing that gets a drama rolling is the pitch...This means pitching an idea for the drama to a studio (production team) and then finding a network. What studios like these provide are equipment, sets, and many other things. Because of this, networks like to know that there is studio backing so that it's guaranteed that the show that they have ordered is under works. Producers intertwine with this as well because they're the ones that take control of the production. They cast the actors, hire the director and writers, take care of the contracts and budget, as well as find sponsors. Once the pitch is picked up and everything is sorted out, the revisions are next. The process of the revisions is pretty simply put. Both the studio and the network are going to have things that they'd like changed. Each has certain visions for this project, and more often than not they'll butt heads over what exactly they want to be put into this drama. Because the network is the one who's buying the project, their word overrides that which the studio may want. Either way, both the studio and the network are going to be trying to put together a drama that appeals to their fixed audiences. It's incredibly important for everyone in the working of this drama to be on the same page.  Once everyone agrees with the revisions and is on the same page, an outline is put out to then be sent to the screenwriter. They put together the first draft script, send it in, and then the network and studio get back to them with more outlined changes that they'd like made. Once you get to this stage of the game where the first episode script is completed it's time for casting to begin. There are a few different ways that casting can undergo, depending on how exactly the drama is being written as well as the image that the network and writers may have for this particular project. There may be certain actors that the director has worked with previously and thinks would be good for the role, or someone who's popular in the industry and the team thinks would fit the role perfectly. When this is the case they offer that role to the actor's agency or the actor themselves with the script and outline and wait for a response on whether or not they're interested in the role at hand. Besides the main lead roles, which more often than not are filled by at least one currently popular actor, casting is usually done by agencies and through auditions. The goal here is to find someone that fits the image and can easily represent the character at hand.

In Korea, for those who are not in an A-list, they walk-in for auditions. Depending on which field the auditionee wants to try out for, they are encouraged to prepare different things such as a song to sing & dance if you audition for being a singer, & a scene to perform for an acting audition. During the audition, the judges or whoever is in the room look for both talent and personality, as well as marketability. Another option is to send the company a video audition, which usually done by those A-list celebrities. This kind of audition is actually less intimidating than a walk-in one. :blush:

Thank yoy @willenette!  I didn't mean for you to go through so much trouble, but I'm sure we all appreciate understand the process better.  

7 hours ago, desy said:

I think it was/is more like SBS wants LMH.  I do think TKEM is the end of the relationship.

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

i read it on Twitter, I don’t know! But we all know that casting news come way before a drama airs, news of some of these upcoming dramas came long long time ago. Getting Kdrama 2021 is already out of question IMO, I was hoping we would get a drama in second half but it doesn’t seem like it. We should pray for early 2022 Kdrama, but even for that we shouldn’t be getting the news too late, broadcasting channels line up their dramas so fast, in a blink of an eye! LMH on the other hand doesn’t seem to be thinking about a new project considering he is still working on Pachinko and will be filming in Canada. Then when he comes back, he may take some time off. I don’t know honestly! But I understood from his interview that if he really likes his offer and role, he won’t hesitate and will take the offer quickly. He came back with pachinko news only 4 months after TKEM! 

he said he would give us more good news in 2021, I’m wondering what he was referring to, projects or other activities such as magazine and other stuff. 

From his speech and greetings, I was almost sure he had already chosen a project but after reading his interview and also pachinko filming schedule i don’t think he has any project in mind. We didn’t get the smallest hint in his interview about new project. 

edit: by the way, you can also google and check some websites to see what 2022 Kdrama are confirmed 

I think he also is planning to go camping with LSG.  I would love to see a mlog of that adventure.  

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

I was just listening to some City Hunter ost. when this video popped up. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't see it I was really surprised to see the singer in this show. Hope you all enjoy this song as it is one of my favorite of CH.  Enjoy your weekend!

Cr: Phúc Hà Thanh

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, lupeace said:

i wish that they will release the audition clip later on if its available. i want to see the producers/writer and the director's impression on lmh

I would love to see the audition.  

What do you guys think of a members appreciation day?  

A couple of ideas I had are reposting your first post and commenting how (or if) your feelings about LMH have changed, posting your favorite photo, video etc, maybe a zoom party (at various times during the day so everyone can participate.  Any other ideas or thoughts?  We bound to hit a dry period once LMH starts to film again.  I'm thinking mid Feb?  @Thong Thin, you say you've been a fan for 11 years?  I'd love to hear how your feelings have changed.  @willenette I've seen your name since BOF, so I'd also love to have your comments.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Lee Min Ho and Jung Eun Chae of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

These two characters may be fighting for a royal position, but it cannot be denied that their fashion looks like royalty. Lee Geon’s (Lee Min Ho) impeccably tailored custom suits make him look elegant no matter what universe, while Goo Seo Ryeong’s (Jung Eun Chae) sophisticated dresses and classy outfits add to her image of an ambitious, driven woman who will do anything to clinch power.

king-eternal-monarch_.jpg

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, I couldn't agree with you more --- :blush:Simply jaw-dropping, simply breathtaking!

Don't know whether to call it absorbing or magnetic.  :blush:

And thank you @willenette for the detailed explanation on pitching to revision, scripting to casting , audition to filming.  From you, I learn the difference between producer and director.   
You are simply awesome. 

Spoiler
12 hours ago, willenette said:

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I think he also is planning to go camping with LSG.  I would love to see a mlog of that adventure.  

I think so too.  I hope they do.   LSG is so used to travel overseas or outskirts and would love to see LMH with him, casual and comfortable, be it under the sun or stars.   

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

LEE MIN HO SHOWS OFF HIS TALENTS AS AN MV DIRECTOR

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho will be in charge of directing the music video for one of Lee Seung Gi's songs, so he showed his talent outside of acting and the great vision he possesses when it comes to planning productions.

Lee Min Ho Films' channel showed us how the preparations for this filming are going. The new collaborative clip between the South Korean actors begins with them walking down a street while carrying some equipment that will be necessary to record the progress of the video .

We hear Lee Min Ho continually raise his thoughts and explain to Seung Gi what image they are trying to capture in the video, but when they meet a music producer the brainstorming continues.

LEE MIN HO SHARES HIS DIRECTORIAL VISION AND EARNS SOME COMPLIMENTS

The protagonist of The King: Eternal Monarch gave suggestions about the vibe they should convey through the clip they are going to shoot and also considered what kinds of scenes should be present, for which he received feedback on how well it suited his role. as director.

The union of several visions for this project allowed them to propose a more concrete plan of what they are going to record and what they want to transmit, so we will soon have some surprises as part of this collaboration .

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/lee-min-ho-director-de-video-musical-cualidades-seung-gi-20210121-0015.html

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1