Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

KOFIC to Promote Korean Acting Talent on Global Stage

VARIETY ENTERTAINMENT NEWS SERVICE JANUARY 20, 2021

The Korean Film Council (KOFIC) is launching an initiative to promote the country’s acting talent on the world stage. It will roll out from March, ahead of the year’s major film festivals.

The Korean Actors 200 campaign, akin to the Shooting Stars operation backed by the European Film Promotion program, is described as a “methodical project” that sees the selection of 100 men and 100 women who represent the present and the future of Korean film.

KOFIC says that the selection process takes into consideration the performers’ box office power over the last decade, awards earned at festivals in Korea and abroad, their contribution to independent cinema, and their participation in international projects.

A dedicated website will contain filmographies, new portrait photography, show reels, biographies and a list of particular characteristics and strengths for each. Portrait images will be supplied by two leading photographers Kim Jung-man and Ahn Sung-jin.

“We plan on providing the same content in a brochure that we will send to people in charge of the world’s most prestigious festivals such as Cannes, Berlin, and Venice, international VOD service providers like Netflix, international talent agencies, and leading media outlets,” KOFIC explained on its website.

The move comes at the end of a year in which “Parasite” won multiple Oscars, and Korean acting talent has achieved new levels of recognition in overseas media and at festivals. Youn Yuh-jung and Steven Yeun are currently being lauded for their performances in “Minari,” Kim Min-hee won plaudits in 2020 for her performance in “The Woman Who Ran,” and Lee Joo-young was named Asian rising star at the New York Asian Film Festival.

Additionally, Lee Min-ho secured a prominent role in “Pachinko” for Apple Plus, while Song Kang-ho (“Parasite” “Memories of Murder”), Bae Doo-na (“Cloud Atlas,” “The Host”) and Gang Dong-won (“Parasite,” “The Priests”) will head the cast of “Baby, Box, Broker,” the next film to be directed by acclaimed Japanese auteur Kore-eda Hirokazu (“Shoplifters”).

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/kofic-to-promote-korean-acting-talent-on-global-stage/

• Like 5

wow i woke up to a sea of lmh new content that i cant keep up with :2540_meh:

he looks soo hot and sexy in GQ korea magazine :love:

btw i find it funny that he said he would be embarassed if he failed the audition :joy: but also very proud that he worked so hard not to. im wondering who are the colleagues he mentioned that auditioned with him for hansu. im not shading anyone of them; its just that im very very proud that he won the role over them.

now im looking forward even more than i was to seeing pachinko and i cant wait for the trailer to be out 

he said he will try to change his prince image in his future works and im so eager to hear about his next work casting news and what it will be about. minoz cheer for you in each step you take minho shi fighting

also respect for working hard in everything you do. be it acting or lmhfilm or anything else. we feel proud staning a person like you who motivates us to work hard in our own lives too

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

I have little disappoinmentment I wait questions about his next wish next project etc and also anything about King but mostly Youtube channel but anyway I like this part most

There are some things (from myself) that I'm proud of.I never made any significant mistake or cause problem. I have my own self esteem? Correct, I do think that I am a proud person and I can proudly reveal myself.

What a honest actor and I am proud fan again 

You can find other parts in Monica's account 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

We are all eating up his latest interview like we were starving.  :lol:  He is always so wise, and playful, too.  My favorite part of being his fan is watching his progression over the years.

What do you think when you are quiet without doing anything? These days, I think of filming works or almost YouTube content. When not that… , Happily, I don't think there are many factors to worry about. It's both in general and in a comfortable state. happy. happily.

The interviewer took this question from this part of "Pachinko:"

Three days later, she saw him. It took nothing to convince the sisters to let her do the wash by herself. Again, he was waiting by the rocks, reading the paper. He wore a light-colored hat with a black hatband. He looked elegant. He acted as if meeting her by the rocks was normal, though Sunja was terrified that they might be discovered. She felt guilty that she had not told her mother, or Bokhee and Dokhee, about him. Seated on the black rocks, Hansu and Sunja spoke for half an hour or so, and he asked her odd questions: “What do you think about when it’s quiet and you’re not doing much?”

the last question. What do you want to happen when you wake up after sleeping? I hope my face is not swollen. The face is really swollen so well, the difference is too big.

One without hesitation seconds. It's not funny, really. When I wake up, I wish it was the face at 3 am

Could you tell me something more, another one? Why, why? Is it not possible to use it? I am a real desperate wish. Wasn't it an honest interview today?

This is a great response!  The interviewer was searching for a deep answer and Minho gave his honest thought.  :lol:

My favorite:

spacer.png

credit: GQ

The question I would ask him is, "What is something you do differently from other people?"

I got a little bit of an insight into that.

I wonder if Minho himself has learned how to survive in this world. I think it's like a mindset to shake off and stand up quickly in a situation where there are many pressures. I don't like being stuck in a certain frame, and I don't like doing things the way others do. If you go to the field and get stressed out, relax at the site as much as possible and finish. Even when I went home, I said ,'Ah... 'I don't.

The future looks bright!!!

:coolshades::coolshades:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

We are all lapping up his latest interview like we were dying of thirst.  :lol:  He is always so wise, and playful, too.  My favorite part of being his fan is watching his progression over the years.

The interviewer took this question from this part of "Pachinko:"

Seated on the black rocks, Hansu and Sunja spoke for half an hour or so, and he asked her odd questions: “What do you think about when it’s quiet and you’re not doing much?”

The future looks bright!!!

Didn't know that that question was from Pachinko.  Good research @1ouise ! 
Great insight!   

Also to @leeminhosny I like how positive minded Min Ho-ssi is.  There was no interview, I think , since TKEM, so could not really read him well , unlike some of you.  Here, I could feel his positive vibes and honesty. 

The future looks bright, yes to that !   Proud to be his fan.   Thank to both of you for sharing the above posts.

The power of Lee Min Ho - standing tall 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

42 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Also to @leeminhosny I like how positive minded Min Ho-ssi is.  There was no interview, I think , since TKEM, so could not really read him well , unlike some of you.  Here, I could feel his positive vibes and honesty. 

I can't say "love sentences" for everyone often but I read this sentence "There are some things (from myself) that I'm proud of.I never made any significant mistake or cause problem" I said one more time I love this man. 

If you follow KMedia you know, there are so many big scandals "prostitute, drag , group chat about woman etc." last year and So many popular Kidols was included and Everyone were shocked to them , a new name came out everyday and their fans were shocked , their chareer ended. I thought these days I have spent almost 10 years with LMH , I read his news everyday etc. Everything is just a image?  If news will come out a day what will I do? Because every fan were worried last year. But look at this proud man :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I can't say "love sentences" for everyone often but I read this sentence "There are some things (from myself) that I'm proud of.I never made any significant mistake or cause problem" I said one more time I love this man. 

If you follow KMedia you know, there are so many big scandals "prostitute, drag , group chat about woman etc." last year and So many popular Kidols was included and Everyone were shocked to them , a new name came out everyday and their fans were shocked , their chareer ended. I thought these days I have spent almost 10 years with LMH , I read his news everyday etc. Everything is just a image?  If news will come out a day what will I do? Because every fan were worried last year. But look at this proud man :heart:

I have seen and read a bit here and there - don't really follow much but I know that this industry can be nasty.   People are out to get you esp. when you are on top.   LMH being in this industry for so long, amazing how he did it , to me it appears so effortlessly like he was / is being himself.

I remember vividly his movielog with LeeSG on the part "How he keeps himself so calm and centered in any situation".   It was not easy for him, that really touches me , when he revealed the following   

his struggle in his 20s,

the meaning of responsibility as an actor / celebrity

trying not to show how hard t it was on him

brainwashing himself to do all the things he should or ought to do

fooling himself saying he's very stable
and that was not the REAL him

No wonder he is happy to say that he did not do anything harmful towards himself,  make mistakes or cause problem.  He knows, should that happens, it will not only harm himself and career but people around him and fans.  Back to movielog, could see LSG was reflecting on his own words, after hearing his thoughts.  LMH's wise words with a sincere heart.  
It is something to be proud of.   I can certainly say that I am proud to be his fan.   It's not easy on any actor, more so our Hallyu King.   

• Like 6
  • Love 2

OMG, an interview, after waiting for so long. I couldn’t hold off any longer - RL has to wait a bit. I am super happy.. lots to catch up on. But an interview - and it is good one, I am proud a fan. So honest and smart -  with a good conscience- isn’t he wonderful?

I admire his fighting spirit and amazing visuals on GQ cover. I am super happy. :gangnamstyle:

Thank you lovely Minoz for all the content here and the translators. You all are so precious!! :heartxoxo:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I have seen and read a bit here and there - don't really follow much but I know that this industry can be nasty.   People are out to get you esp. when you are on top.   LMH being in this industry for so long, amazing how he did it , to me it appears so effortlessly like he was / is being himself.

I remember vividly his movielog with LeeSG on the part "How he keeps himself so calm and centered in any situation".   It was not easy for him, that really touches me , when he revealed the following   

his struggle in his 20s,

the meaning of responsibility as an actor / celebrity

trying not to show how hard t it was on him

brainwashing himself to do all the things he should or ought to do

fooling himself saying he's very stable
and that was not the REAL him

No wonder he is happy to say that he did not do anything harmful towards himself,  make mistakes or cause problem.  He knows, should that happens, it will not only harm himself and career but people around him and fans.  Back to movielog, could see LSG was reflecting on his own words, after hearing his thoughts.  LMH's wise words with a sincere heart.  
It is something to be proud of.   I can certainly say that I am proud to be his fan.   It's not easy on any actor, more so our Hallyu King.   

How many celebrities can say proudly "There are some things (from myself) that I'm proud of.I never made any significant mistake or cause problem" I don't think there are so many people in this entertainment sector after I saw last year scandals. But Our actor says it proudly. I love most LMH's sense of responsibiltiy for years and he reminds us again.:heart:

• Love 7

14 minutes ago, Areumdaun said:

OMG, an interview, after waiting for so long. I couldn’t hold off any longer - RL has to wait a bit. I am super happy.. lots to catch up on. But an interview - and it is good one, I am proud a fan. So honest and smart -  with a good conscience- isn’t he wonderful?

I admire his fighting spirit and amazing visuals on GQ cover. I am super happy. 

Thank you lovely Minoz for all the content here and the translators. You all are so precious!! 

Hello @Areumdaun  Welcome back here!  Long time no see ... :D

Our night owl ... :heartxoxo:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I have little disappoinmentment I wait questions about his next wish next project etc and also anything about King but mostly Youtube channel but anyway I like this part most

omg, finally someone said this!! A Couple pages ago, I said the interviewer could have asked more questions, :bawling: I was waiting for questions about TKEM and also what genre and role he wanted to do next. Movie or Kdrama?? I saw on Twitter, Minoz are interpreting LMH’s interview differently. Someone said LMH meant he wouldn’t do romance anymore. But I don’t think so, he was referring to his Prince Charming image and not genre. I wanted a more detailed question about what he wanted to do. I know he said he was thinking about a change but the interviewer should have asked more questions after that. :facepalm:
also, some Minoz want him do movies from now on, so my questions is what does LMH want? Movie or drama? I don’t care what Minoz want, what he wants matters the most. I didn’t get answer for this question. 

I guess i have to wait to get the news of his next work and then figure out what he wanted, I still don’t know, 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

I saw on Twitter, Minoz are interpreting LMH’s interview differently. Someone said LMH meant he wouldn’t do romance anymore. 

LOL this is so absurd:joy: He is still 34 how can he make different genre forever without romance :joy: Every romance doesn't mean Prince Charming. Anyway I hope he will make new interview after Pachinko so we can predict I think he will interview so many in Western sites for Pachinko , we need wait more.

They started to go Canada 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

17 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Please place your answer in a spoiler!

1.  What is the name of the student who attempts suicide but is saved by Jandi?

2.  What is the name of Jandi's friend at Shin Hwa?

3. What does the "F" in F4 stand for?  ( I expect everyone to get this one correct!)

4.  Who did Jandi remind Yi Jung and Woo Bin of?

5.  What was Jandi's costume that she wore to Min Seo Hyun's welcome home party?

Spoiler

2. Min JI

3. F is flower

4. GJP's sister

5. Wonder woman

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

LOL this is so absurd:joy: He is still 34 how can he make different genre forever without romance :joy: Every romance doesn't mean Prince Charming. Anyway I hope he will make new interview after Pachinko so we can predict I think he will interview so many in Western sites for Pachinko , we need wait more.

I know! This is so absurd! :facepalm: 

LMH looks so much younger than his age, Asian actors are different from western actors. He is too young and why wouldn’t he do romance? Romance is a genre and very beautiful! no more Prince Charming image role but romance is a genre and he never said he would omit romance genre from now on. LoL Even pachinko has some romance! LMH has yet to explore a serious and heavy type of Kdrama romance. He once said he wanted to do Fatal Noona romance, I’m not sure if he still wants that or not because he has changed. Minoz say he will do more serious themes and genres. I think deep and serious romance could be one of his choice. But he also never specifically said so in his interview and this is just our assumptions. 

I don’t know about western sites and interviews, but I doubt they will ask about his next role and genre. I think they will probably ask specific questions about Pachinko and Hansu. I expected these questions from Korean magazine actually. But it’s okay, I’m glad and very happy we got magazine and interview, I hope he does more magazine like Hong Kong or other countries magazine. 

next content will be movielog episode 3, hopefully airport pics, IG update, and so on :highonflowers:

OmG, one actress has left for Canada, :wut:  Guys, are we next?? LMH may go to Canada this week!!

aren’t pachinko cast supposed to be on the same page for filming on Pachinko? So LMH may leave for Canada today?? So they can all fulfill their quarantine time simultaneously and start filming 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I think he doesn't go not only last filming but also they should prepare Pachinko's promotion (thi isn't info jut my opinion) so I hope they will shoot magazines and will interviews etc. in Canada I hope Apple Tv will make promotion better.I am really excited when I think Pachinko's promotions.  I wonder really so much how will Apple Tv make promotions.:issohappy: ( These emojis are so cute they don't fit me :joy:

8 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

aren’t pachinko cast supposed to be on the same page for filming on Pachinko? So LMH may leave for Canada today?? So they can all fulfill their quarantine time simultaneously and start filming 

He might leave every moment we should wait in airport :joy:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1