Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Kim Go Eun congratulates Lee Min Ho on winning SBS Drama Awards

Updated December 31, 2020

Lee Min Ho managed to take home the only award for The King: Eternal Monarch at an SBS event at the end of the year.

SBS said goodbye to 2020 with awards for K-drama actors working on the channel's projects. One of the winners was Lee Min Ho for his famous performance in The King: Eternal Monarch.

The aforementioned Korean drama was one of the most ambitious bets of the year, as scripted by Kim Eun Suk, author of hits like "Goblin" and "Descendants of the Sun". Responsibility for bringing this story out of a parallel world fell on Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho, who returned to television after two years in the military.

Although local audiences showed lukewarm response in ratings, the drama sparked a boom on Netflix.

QMGRXOCK6VF6XBBP7M5EEFSNXU.JPG

On December 31st, at the 2020 SBS Drama Awards, Lee Min Ho received the Top Excellence Award in a fantasy or romantic miniseries for his portrayal of King Lee Gon. In his speech, the translator regretted the unfavorable context due to the pandemic.

The SBS Awards is a meaningful and familiar place to me. I would have finished the year here long ago and celebrated the coming year. A lot has changed. Four years have passed, and now the situation has changed. I hope that in the new year many things will return to their places, ”he commented.

“I want to thank the people who worked so hard to create the King. Writer Kim Eun Suk, whom I appreciate and respect, I hope you can write a good project that will comfort and support many people in difficult times with a great story, ”said Lee Min Ho. Finally, he wished the fans a Happy New Year.

5ISBLRLJ2ZHIPLNNZFTJRIAVIM.jpg

JRIAVIM.jpg

SBS DRAMA

Kim Go Eun

The actress, who played Lieutenant Jung Ta Eul, followed the event from her home. Despite the distance, he congratulated his co-star in The King: The Eternal Monarch with a post about his instar, which included applause emoji.

Spoiler

KWSQ3445JNCLROI5UHRLKD7CSE.JPG

Kim Go Eun was nominated for Best Actress in a category parallel to Lee Min Ho, but did not receive an award. This was awarded to Park Eun Bin, star of the drama "Do you like Brahms?"

It should be added that the star cast of The King: Eternal Monarch also competed in the Best Couple category at the 2020 SBS Drama Awards. Other nominees were Backstreet stars Rookie Hyena, Doctor Romantic 2 and finally Do you like Brahms?, Who ended up getting the award in their hands.

Translation from spanish google

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2020/12/31/kim-go-eun-felicita-a-lee-min-ho-por-triunfo-en-2020-sbs-drama-awards/

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 6

Ahh I am still so angry, I couldn't sleep for hours in my bed .SBS earned so many thanks to LMH's dramas for years not only King but he had so many drama, they sold drama highest bid to China, other Asian counties etc.. But what a disrepect to LMH. I hope LMH never comeback to SBS. Now SBS will good drama from King's money exactly ignored King's success and name. What a unfaithful channel. Look at MBC and KBS they got so many drama with high rating. But they lived awful a year in 2020. I hope SBS will live same in 2021.

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

Where can I find a link to this movie?

you can watch on Kissasian

7 hours ago, CallieP said:

Who got the popularity award  or the Baeksang award then? TKEM should have got couples or bromance, best actor and popularity award.   He is the most popular in the group.

Even SBS didn't adopt King why other ceremony adopt?

6 hours ago, Intisar G said:

Sorry chingus I'm late to the party, was busy today and didn't  have access to the soompi forum. 

@leeminhosny if I'm correct only MBC give one award to one couple. I never saw SBS and KBS give one couple award? Really that's strange.

There aren't any rule, just they how want, they can give 3/5/7 actors in same category, just they should want it, They changes categories and numbers every years, can add or can decrease, If they want, they can give 5 couple but they didn't want it.

Why this sentence hurts my heart so much ? "SBS Awards is a very meaningful and familiar place to me. I ended the year here for a long time. And this time, I returned to this place after 4 year, but the environment has changed so much, it’s strange. " What its mean ? Maybe he don't talk just about Covid maybe he want to say anything SBS and I hope this is his goodby message to SBS . 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

There aren't any rule, just they how want, they can give 3/5/7 actors in same category, just they should want it, They changes categories and numbers every years, can add or can decrease, If they want, they can give 5 couple but they didn't want it.

Why this sentence hurts my heart so much ? "SBS Awards is a very meaningful and familiar place to me. I ended the year here for a long time. And this time, I returned to this place after 4 year, but the environment has changed so much, it’s strange. " What its mean ? Maybe he don't talk just about Covid maybe he want to say anything SBS and I hope this is his goodby message to SBS . 

My hearts hurts too! LMH has been so loyal and good to SBS and brought high ratings for them. SBS made a lot of money from Min ho’s drama. What he said was about COVID, but his speech is so deep which makes me think it also has another meaning to it. It really feels like a goodbye message to sbs. LMH’s eyes especially made me think more about his speech.  I wanted his eyes to be happy and to smile. LMH attended the ceremony for us, he was there alone while other dramas’ cast were all together. He spent 8 months for TKEM, all that horse riding and other skills he used, his way of talking, and the rest were so well executed. I can never forgive sbs! :bawling:

Sbs should have given him Daesang too! 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

My hearts hurts too! LMH has been so loyal and good to SBS and brought high ratings for them. SBS made a lot of money from Min ho’s drama. What he said was about COVID, but his speech is so deep which makes me think it also has another meaning to it. It really feels like a goodbye message to sbs. LMH’s eyes especially made me think more about his speech.  I wanted his eyes to be happy and to smile. LMH attended the ceremony for us, he was there alone while other dramas’ cast were all together. He spent 8 months for TKEM, all that horse riding and other skills he used, his way of talking, and the rest were so well executed. I can never forgive sbs! :bawling:

I am just looking his sentences because of angry really and this hurt my heart more , really he wanted to say anything SBS 

• Sad 6

5 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

He is such a humble and sad and he didn't update with award poor LMH :tears:

the picture that MYM shared broke and shattered my heart even more, I don’t know why but I can feel his sadness. I said this before ceremony started that LMH would post with his award or something like that. He didn’t post. We know LMH wants to share his good and fun moments with us on IG, how could he post with those sad eyes :bawling:

fans also commented under MYM post too and i think most of his fans noticed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

the picture that MYM shared broke and shattered my heart even more, I don’t know why but I can feel his sadness. I said this before ceremony started that LMH would post with his award or something like that. He didn’t post. We know LMH wants to share his good and fun moments with us on IG, how could he post with those sad eyes :bawling:

fans also commented under MYM post too and i think most of his fans noticed. 

Every actor/actress update when they win only award, but LMH didn't update even he is Hallyu King, really my heart hurt when I think this , not SBS but every Kdrama should say to thank you LMH, he started Hallyu Wave ,but look at ....

• Sad 6

I’m wondering what he is doing, :sad1: Oppa have fun with older sister and friends. Our luck! his friends are busy with new work. 

9 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Every actor/actress update when they win only award, but LMH didn't update even he is Hallyu King, really my heart hurt when I think this , not SBS but every Kdrama should say to thank you LMH, he started Hallyu Wave ,but look at ....

my God!! :bawling:  I feel so bad!!

baby it’s okay! Min Ho, you are the King! Sbs doesn’t deserve you

He also must feel bad that the he only won award and not his costars , that’s also another reason he didn’t update :criesariver:

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

8 Iconic K-Drama Bromances That We Love

Two words: Friendship goals!

K-dramas never fail to give us the kilig—but another thing we love about them is that they also introduce to us some of the best friendships: from bestfriends, barkadas, and bromances.

Whether they start out as rivals or were BFFs from the beginning, we love seeing bromances in our fave dramas. Below is a list of our favorite male K-drama friendships/bromances: 

2. Lee Gon and Jo Young in The King: Eternal Monarch

Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan formed their friendship after they were cast in the popular Netflix series The King: Eternal Monarch and they've kept their closeness since. Min Ho even met up with his ~unbreakable sword~ before he enlisted in the military! Can't wait for them to have more moments once Do Hwan is discharged from service.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBUpxy1D23q/?utm_source=ig_embed

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/best-k-drama-bromances-a4575-20210101?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

He also must feel bad that the he only won award and not his costars , that’s also another reason he didn’t update 

Of course he didn't update for reason he is sad for his cast (even PD and writer) , this is more hearrt breaker than 2012 ceremony for me 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

We, India, Minoz send you New Year wishes in 30 different languages spoken in India, in our traditional dress of each state. INDIA loves you, opa.

Please watch the video:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4588545732511890

Wow!  You guys are fabulous !    Happy New Year!

crhttps://twitter.com debbi50312499

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

48 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Of course he didn't update for reason he is sad for his cast (even PD and writer) , this is more hearrt breaker than 2012 ceremony for me 

Was faith hated by knetz? Im not familiar about the situation. All i know is the producer commit suicide. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ATW said:

Was faith hated by knetz? Im not familiar about the situation. All i know is the producer commit suicide. 

They said it low rating LMH won only his co star (team ) couldn't win anthing, so he was sad but PD committed in 2013 

14 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:
After a long time,I came to the awards ceremony.I'm very happy to come to SBS Award Ceremony. I'd like to express my gratitude to all those who loved #TheKingEternalMonarch. Happy New Year,I pray with that this New Year will be better than today.Thank you. https://m.tv.naver.com/v/17628007

He said he is happy but never happy he talked hardly and smile hardly :tears:

• Sad 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

They said it low rating LMH won only his co star (team ) couldn't win anthing, so he was sad but PD committed in 2013 

He said he is happy but never happy he talked hardly and smile hardly :tears:

He looks soooo sad :tears:

He welcomed the new year alone, waiting alone in a room with no friends or family and seeing how his colleagues weren't winning anything and his drama was not appreciated by the channel he has been working for during a long time. Also, it was the 30 anniversary of this awards and they didn't show any images of LMH's previous dramas. I get why he is so sad. 

As @Nikaa94 says, I just want for him to post something on Instagram, where we get to see him smiling and happy. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Oh so its similar like this year then. I watch the 2012 video on yt he said he hope to win this with all the team. Omg he is such pure soul :crymeme:

He shows such strong mentality once again. He still come to take the awards probably out of courtesy eventhough he feels uncomfortable. Lets just hope he will leave sbs after this. He said he will have something good to share for 2021

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, SophieH said:

ENG subbed of his acceptance speech.. thanks to Ice for the translation.
I can totally feel his emotions and sentiments last night. :bawling:

"I miss you guys" 

asVoht.gif

1 hour ago, Missprincesa said:

He looks soooo sad :tears:

He welcomed the new year alone, waiting alone in a room with no friends or family and seeing how his colleagues wasn't winning anything and his drama was not appreciated by the channel he has been working for during a long time. Also, it was the 30 anniversary of this awards and they didn't show any images of LMH's previous dramas. I get why he is so sad. 

As @Nikaa94 says, I just want for him to post something on Instagram, where we get to see him smiling and happy. 

Ahhh you hurt my heart more :cries:

asVpO1.gif

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1