Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

17 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina спасибо, что поделились этими гифками : heart1:

Люблю гифки, оооооооооооооо : highonflowers:

@Nikaa94, I love gifs a lot too, especially when they're funny or cute!

@Min2206, It is a pity that two footnotes are not shown, but I cannot fix that. 

5 Korean Actors' Historical Vs. Modern Looks

As Korean drama fans, there are genres that we usually love to watch, may it be romantic, thriller, horror, comedies and the list just goes on. However, most of us don't mind the theme of the drama as long as our favorite actor stars in it.

Be it in historical or modern drama, these stars are all acknowledged as a good actors since they possess the ability to naturally act in any character they are given. We know that it's hard enough keeping track of your own nation's history, let alone Korea's! But don't worry, cause your favorite Korean actor will make you hooked into it, and they will offer the same swoons and thrills as modern shows!

Here are 5 Korean actors who portrayed a character both in historical and modern drama. Take a look at their visuals and compare which one you like the most!

Lee Min Ho as (General Choi Young) in Faith

This drama is set in the mid-1300s, approximately 1352 where handsome actor Lee Min Ho plays the character of General Choi Young. He is the bodyguard to King Gongmin of the Goryeo Dynasty.

4-korean-actors-in-their-historical-vs-m

(Photo : SBS )

Lee Min Ho (Emperor Lee Gon) in The King: Eternal Monarch

In Lee Min Ho's comeback drama The King: Eternal Monarch, he portrays the character of a modern-day Emperor of the Kingdom of Corea who was able to a barrier that he can cross to another alternate universe where he meets the love of his life.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118959/20200919/5-korean-actors-historical-vs-modern-looks.htm

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Agree with @Nikaa94  - All those are awesome gifs Nina, thank you so much .. why did the link on Aggressive Kiss remains a link, hahahaha?  :Megalol:and I so love the lip biting , mischievous LMH !  Goshhhh

Thanks for the explanation @leeminhosny  As mentioned by you, the Koreans look at Nielsen ratings, so with this new measurement, hope that there would be better and fairer count on the K-dramas next year.  Please implement soon! 

Kim Tan kiss is so passionate :heart2beat:

Yes, a fairer rating please! I personally don’t want any Korean channel drama for a period of time. But we don’t know what his opinion is. For now, we know he prefers OTT because he chose OTT after TKEM and he didn’t choose neither a Korean movie or a Korean channel drama. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I heard that there's almost no difference between public channels and cable TVs.
Several years ago, maybe rating of cable tv x 4 = rating of public channels, but now, almost all families have cable tv, so the rating actually stands at the same standard.
But, it is ridiculous that Korean still see nothing but rating,  especially the rating is based on only thousand of families ?

I remember years ago, those actors who's been ML in cable channels, they can only got 2nd even 3rd ML in public channels. But right now, big movie actors also accept the roles in cable channels.

Pardon me for this @gtLmh0622  My understanding of English is not so good. 
Never would I thought that I will be reading and learning a lot from you guys, soompi and the web.   I was here because of the TKEM drama I watched early year and Lee Min Ho got me hooked to him and his other dramas ... now I am watching other Kdramas too.  Have been trying to understand more about LMH, then the KCulture, way of life (celebs), promotions, marketing, ratings, food, places, fans and politics and others .. now the above.   Can I ask for some clarification, as I google the TV in South Korea (let's use Korea?) 

Public Channels are EBS , KBS, MBC and SBS 
Q1  Are they called local TVs?

What is cable channels / TVs  - JTBC , OCN, tvN
Q1  Do we need to pay for this?

and lastly broadcast channels?   

Thank you so much.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Pardon me for this @gtLmh0622  My understanding of English is not so good. 
Never would I thought that I will be reading and learning a lot from you guys, soompi and the web.   I was here because of the TKEM drama I watched early year and Lee Min Ho got me hooked to him and his other dramas ... now I am watching other Kdramas too.  Have been trying to understand more about LMH, then the KCulture, way of life (celebs), promotions, marketing, ratings, food, places, fans and politics and others .. now the above.   Can I ask for some clarification, as I google the TV in South Korea (let's use Korea?) 

Public Channels are EBS , KBS, MBC and SBS 
Q1  Are they called local TVs?

What is cable channels / TVs  - JTBC , OCN, tvN
Q1  Do we need to pay for this?

and lastly broadcast channels?   

Thank you so much.  

KBS is national public broadcaster and SBS, MBC are other big broadcasters , TVN, JTBC, OCN,MBN, Chouson TV , Channel A etc. are cable TVs, most popular cable tv is TVN ( his reputation has risen for last 7 years and  JTBC's reputation have risen for 3-4 years. JTBC had dramas that with high ratings (Sky Castle 23%  rating (2018)  and World of married in 2020) and Cable tv reputation is rising while publlic broadcast reputation was decraesing .Average rating Dramas of KBS and MBC are 2%-3% in 2020 but SBS's drama rating are better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Наталья Бикбаева said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440887wpp/the-best-of-the-best-top-10-korean-actors-of-2020     please comment on this article ... don't we all think Lee Min Ho is the best actor? such an unfair article

This isn't first time Soompi ignores LMH always, I don't care Soompi articles, isn't important for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Наталья Бикбаева said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440887wpp/the-best-of-the-best-top-10-korean-actors-of-2020     please comment on this article ... don't we all think Lee Min Ho is the best actor? such an unfair article

In my opinion, this is one more example of how LMH is underrated in Korea. I don't know why and I can't explain it, but since I got into the Kdrama world I have been surprised to see how there are more news on LMH in other countries media than in Korea. 

As all of you have commented, this also happened with TKEM, which hasn't been recognised as a good production in Korea but has been a blast all over around the world. 

And that is why I am not confident that LMH or TKEM will be recognised in SBS awards. 

By the way, do they announce prior to the celebration of the awards the nominees? Or the actors&actresses that are attending? There are only twenty days lefts and we haven't heard anything if I am not mistaken. 

Edited by Missprincesa
  • Like 5
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Yes, it was @Wis dom who stated that TKEM was a huge international hit and it would increased LMH's social media following exponentially. His prediction was completely correct. Will your statement about TKEM Season 2 also happen @Wis dom? :) 

I'm so happy to read all of the Netflix official statements about TKEM, it indeed proved what we knew all along, the show was a massive hit, it's loved by so many around the world! Antis and haters can just choke :P 

For LMH's next project, I'm up for anything that would expand his acting portfolios and show his versatility as an actor. Choosing Pachinko showed that he's going to that direction already, can't wait to see this 2nd phase of his career as a mature & serious actor!

I had that data and predicted it right but it even did better then I predicted and including the social media and everything else. It also had staying power on the platform apparently.

Honestly speaking his one of the biggest actors in the world working today. It may not be visible yet to many but for trackers like me it is not. Maybe 2-3 years from now it would become common knowledge but his already there just few actors ahead of him on the world stage such as The Rock, Rayn Reynolds, Jason Mamoa, Keanu Reaves and very few minority. His definitely in the top 10 biggest actors working today. I come from a neutral perspective.

With another big netflix hit he will only cement that and projects like what @Elnin Joery Mentioned I could see that doing great and by that I mean money heist proportions

• Like 8
  • Insightful 7

9 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Congratulations to Lee Min Ho on reaching 23M on Facebook. 
@leeminhosny  LMH is top, right?  Ranked the most popular South Korean celebrity on Facebook  as googled

Yes 1-LMH-23M   2-BTS-16M

1 hour ago, Missprincesa said:

In my opinion, this is one more example of how LMH is underrated in Korea. I don't know why and I can't explain it, but since I got into the Kdrama world I have been surprised to see how there are more news on LMH in other countries media than in Korea. 

As all of you have commented, this also happened with TKEM, which hasn't been recognised as a good production in Korea but has been a blast all over around the world. 

And that is why I am not confident that LMH or TKEM will be recognised in SBS awards. 

By the way, do they announce prior to the celebration of the awards the nominees? Or the actors&actresses that are attending? There are only twenty days lefts and we haven't heard anything if I am not mistaken. 

LMH has 4 drama with 20% rating in Korea and there aren't any actor here who have 4 drama with 20% rating , just this time Korea doesn't like so much The King ( I am talking about TV viewers) so media and haters attact him because this is theirs lucky time, they used this well, Because LMH is longest era Hallyu actor. So many people wait his failure. Hallyu actors changed every year since Bof era. Every year new actors are coming.But LMH is still stayed in Top.So his haters are so many. You should see Heirs era. There were so many good news, articles etc but.LMH was so busy in events etc. Every actor has bad era .(yes The King became international hit in his bad era:lol:.) This isn't mean that LMH isn't love in Korea .He is still loved but media doesn't share.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Yes, it was @Wis dom who stated that TKEM was a huge international hit and it would increased LMH's social media following exponentially. His prediction was completely correct. Will your statement about TKEM Season 2 also happen @Wis dom? :) 

I'm so happy to read all of the Netflix official statements about TKEM, it indeed proved what we knew all along, the show was a massive hit, it's loved by so many around the world! Antis and haters can just choke :P 

For LMH's next project, I'm up for anything that would expand his acting portfolios and show his versatility as an actor. Choosing Pachinko showed that he's going to that direction already, can't wait to see this 2nd phase of his career as a mature & serious actor!

I am currently sold on a Netflix gangster series with multiple series with mature content 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Yes 1-LMH-23M   2-BTS-16M

LMH has 4 drama with 20% rating in Korea and there aren't any actor here who have 4 drama with 20% rating , just this time Korea doesn't like so much The King ( I am talking about TV viewers) so media and haters attact him because this is theirs lucky time, they used this well, Because LMH is longest era Hallyu actor. So many people wait his failure. Hallyu actors changed every year since Bof era. Every year new actors are coming.But LMH is still stayed in Top.So his haters are so many. You should see Heirs era. There were so many good news, articles etc but.LMH was so busy in events etc. Every actor has bad era .(yes The King became international hit in his bad era:lol:.) This isn't mean that LMH isn't love in Korea .He is still loved but media doesn't share.

I really don't get the thing with haters but it happens all around the world. Maybe it is plain envy but it is ridiculous to hate on someone because he (or she) is achieving success due to his (or her) work. Anyways, I know he is recognised in Korea and of course has a lot of fans there, but I think he also has a lot of haters there and, as you said, people who are willing to see him fail. (but if failing for him means having low rating in Korea and being a success all around the world, his haters must be very disappointed). 

And local media... In Spain we have a saying that says "nobody is a prophet in his country" and maybe is a bit of that and maybe is because other agencies are trying harder to promote and sell their actors, while LMH doesn't need that. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, Missprincesa said:

I really don't get the thing with haters but it happens all around the world. Maybe it is plan envy but it is ridiculous to hate on someone because he (or she) is achieving success due to his (or her) work. Anyways, I know he is recognised in Korea and of course has a lot of fans there, but I think he also has a lot of haters there and, as you said, people who are willing to see him fail. (but if failing for him means having low rating in Korea and being a success all around the world, his haters must be very disappointed). 

And local media... In Spain we have a saying that says "nobody is a prophet in his country" and maybe is a bit of that and maybe is because other agencies are trying harder to promote and sell their actors, while LMH doesn't need that. 

Yes this is so beautiful word and even prophets couldn't accepted theirs era in their countries. But anyway if a person is most popular he has most haters this is normal.And yes new actors' fans and agencies work harder because they want recognition. LMH doesn't work for recognition because he has stayed on Top for 11 years .I think He and his agency find unnecessary.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3
  • Blob 1

U96TVHI.gif

@Min2206 I don't know when this was taken, but we are soon to see more new photos from his 2021 Season Greetings.

The package includes a 2021 calendar (with photos of him for each month) and 10 photocards! 

Order link here: 

http://www.globalinterpark.com/detail/detail?prdNo=7718178478

Speaking of quotes, I find these two very fitting with LMH:

If people are trying to bring you down, it only means that you are above them.

It is only the tree loaded with fruits that people throw stones at.

:coolshades::coolshades:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1