Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

8 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Probably Top Hallyu Actors go to OTT I don't think LMH will comeback SBS, TVN etc. because even TVN's dramas got low ratings in this year . And Koreans judge according to rating they talk about just rating rating rating .so no need , probably big OTTs will catch LMH. :relieved:

Korean people only judge based on ratings and also articles. If a drama has high ratings, most people will watch and praise that show. I think it’s so unfair for the cast and crew of a drama to carry the pressure of ratings. OTT is the best and has already caught our Min Ho. I bet his next project will be on Disney or Netflix.

I also hope he won’t choose Korean movies. Because Korean government gets strict when COVID cases increase and recently I heard theaters are closed after a certain time. It’s so risky to do movies. He should choose OTT again. I doubt he chooses tvN or JTBC because like you said many dramas got around 5% ratings this year and I think only certain writers can bring out 20% ratings which is rare. I actually think public channels might be better in terms of ratings because Korean people won’t pay for a drama unless it’s popular and hot topic. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Korean people only judge based on ratings and also articles. If a drama has high ratings, most people will watch and praise that show. I think it’s so unfair for the cast and crew of a drama to carry the pressure of ratings. OTT is the best and has already caught our Min Ho. I bet his next project will be on Disney or Netflix.

I also hope he won’t choose Korean movies. Because Korean government gets strict when COVID cases increase and recently I heard theaters are closed after a certain time. It’s so risky to do movies. He should choose OTT again. I doubt he chooses tvN or JTBC because like you said many dramas got around 5% ratings this year and I think only certain writers can bring out 20% ratings which is rare. I actually think public channels might be better in terms of ratings because Korean people won’t pay for a drama unless it’s popular and hot topic. 

I heard that there's almost no difference between public channels and cable TVs.
Several years ago, maybe rating of cable tv x 4 = rating of public channels, but now, almost all families have cable tv, so the rating actually stands at the same standard.
But, it is ridiculous that Korean still see nothing but rating,  especially the rating is based on only thousand of families ?

:Furious:

I remember years ago, those actors who's been ML in cable channels, they can only got 2nd even 3rd ML in public channels. But right now, big movie actors also accept the roles in cable channels.

• Blob 6

38 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Omo @syntyche @leeminhosny I know you may not have the answer, who knows but I'd really like to know when LMH took this cheer, rooftop photoshoot. :transforms:

@CarolynH Same here too .. me probably have to work for half day till 24th.  :tears:   Stay cheery and be merry, yea .. few more weeks before 2021.  Let's pray for the best and a healthy world and us!  

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

Didn't someone post the various teams at MYM?  A couple of months ago?

Remember?  I was planning to apply as one of his bodyguards?  :lol:

Sweet @Aleumdaun has been writing on our behalf to LMH Official Minoz site, but not on job applications to MYM though, hehe :D  

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

I read Disney's growth rate surpassed Netflix in 2020 and Disney has currently 83M subscribers and is said Disney will enter in Korea in 2021 but there isn't any drama news. If Only Pachinko might to be Disney project but anyway I hope it will be successful . I wonder Disney's first Kdrama , LMH is first in everything maybe he will choose Disney in 2021 hahaha:lol: just joke but I don't think LMH will comeback channels anymore. Now we have so many OTT for LMH.

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Unfortunately I checked countries seperately previously I just remember  Japan (4.5M) with most subscribers in Asia And Korea nearly 3.5M other Asian countires 100K-200K-500K etc. (but this is numbers 2019) 

Yes @leeminhosny this statistics are much easier to see.  Thanks for the compilation, Chingu, and the effort! 
USA Netflix subscribers- 73Million

Canada Netflix sub.- 6.7Million
---> Korea -3M that's it!!!!

Wow, I hope LMH and MYM team take note of Disney Plus's high engagement, OR Disney+ to go for LMH.  Both are tops. just read that Disney+ pricing is lower but when comes to edgier and adult contents, Netflix wins.  Well, it depends on individual preference.    Hope Disney+ will expand towards more adult contents in future.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

48 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I heard that there's almost no difference between public channels and cable TVs.
Several years ago, maybe rating of cable tv x 4 = rating of public channels, but now, almost all families have cable tv, so the rating actually stands at the same standard.
But, it is ridiculous that Korean still see nothing but rating,  especially the rating is based on only thousand of families ?

I remember years ago, those actors who's been ML in cable channels, they can only got 2nd even 3rd ML in public channels. But right now, big movie actors also accept the roles in cable channels.

I read this post now Nielsen , a new aggregation method,reflects streaming viewing by device from next year U.S. TV ad market changes expected from next year Multinational market research firm Nielsen is also a streaming method (videos connected to the Internet and played in real time) based on the U.S. ratings survey from next year.

You can use Google tranlator --> https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=square&filter_mode=normal&page=25&document_srl=1749641957

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

43 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Wow, I hope LMH and MYM team take note of Disney Plus's high engagement, OR Disney+ to go for LMH.  Both are tops. just read that Disney+ pricing is lower but when comes to edgier and adult contents, Netflix wins.  Well, it depends on individual preference.    Hope Disney+ will expand towards more adult contents in future.

I read now Disney announced officially to enter Korea in 2021 today, they will release new drama news soon probably ( just my prediction) 

• Blob 3

18 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I read now Disney announced officially to enter Korea in 2021 today, they will release new drama news soon probably ( just my prediction) 

omg can we please get a project news? :please: 

LMH will finish Pachinko soon! I hope he already has a project in mind. He should quickly pick another project when he has so many options now. 

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

thanks for the information! Rating Competition is high in SK and people can watch dramas on various platforms but Koreans still take ratings so seriously. I hate this too that Koreans only care about ratings. Taking a drama must be stressful for actors in SK.

Many actors have moved to cable channel dramas. LMH’s co-star from LOTBs also has a drama in tvN. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I will rely on you to post on this .... seriously, it's not easy to track LMH .. he is like EVERYWHERE.   
I prefer and enjoy his visuals  and MORE of him in acting projects , please .. Koh Hansu, where are you? 

48 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I read this post now Nielsen , a new aggregation method,reflects streaming viewing by device from next year U.S. TV ad market changes expected from next year Multinational market research firm Nielsen is also a streaming method (videos connected to the Internet and played in real time) based on the U.S. ratings survey from next year.

You can use Google tranlator --> https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=square&filter_mode=normal&page=25&document_srl=1749641957

I just googled what this Nielsen about - Nielsen is a global leader in retail measurement services / the audience measurement systems operated by Nielsen Media Research that seek to determine the audience size and composition of television programming in the United States using a rating system

Could you please explain a bit on what this aggregation method.  Are they saying , there is going to be a new measurement tool system next year?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I will rely on you to post on this .... seriously, it's not easy to track LMH .. he is like EVERYWHERE.   
I prefer and enjoy his visuals  and MORE of him in acting projects , please .. Koh Hansu, where are you? 

yessss more LMH please :getmygrooveon: give me Pachinko soon! 
I want another drama! I don’t know but I want more :lol:  Oppa please review for the next project soon.

news from pachinko? Where are they filming? When does it finish? 

• Blob 4

15 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I just googled what this Nielsen about - Nielsen is a global leader in retail measurement services / the audience measurement systems operated by Nielsen Media Research that seek to determine the audience size and composition of television programming in the United States using a rating system

Could you please explain a bit on what this aggregation method.  Are they saying , there is going to be a new measurement tool system next year?

Nielsen measures just TV rating and Korea uses Nielsen too but this post says Neilsen will start to count in video streaming and real time Internet datas to rating in US next year. This is big and good change .

16 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

would dramas on Disney plus air on Korean channels too? like how SBS bought TKEM and it was on both Netflix and SBS. 

I don't know , I didn't see anything about this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

4 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Nielsen measures just TV rating and Korea uses Nielsen too but this post says Neilsen will start to count in video streaming and real time Internet datas to rating in US next year. This is big and good change .

I hope they really modify their rating system and update soon. Pali Pali!! -_-

By the way, I was looking at upcoming drama schedule and cable channels have already lined up dramas with confirmed cast for 2021.  SBS has only 3 for now lol 

LMH will choose OTT most likelyB) 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

11 heartthrob Lee Minho gifs that will give you butterflies

Lee Minho is one of the most popular actors and idols of all time in Asia. He has powerful charisma that grabs the attention of women and makes their hearts explode. These are some of his best moments.

1.Heart melts from these expressions

http://k33.kn3.net/5/2/9/9/2/6/99C.gif

2. Every girl wants Minho Oppa to wink at her.

tumblr_inline_ncivq4Runf1sm5dl0.gif

3. Kiss goodnight from Lee Minho.

tumblr_inline_ncivqoVcvc1sm5dl0.gif

4. "I saw nothing ..."

tumblr_inline_ncivr5LI0J1sm5dl0.gif

Spoiler

5. Lee Minho spends the day playing the waves.

tumblr_inline_ncivrjaN7a1sm5dl0.gif

6. Not impressed

tumblr_inline_ncivrvLsmt1sm5dl0.gif

7. Too handsome for more words

tumblr_inline_ncivsgzZT71sm5dl0.gif

8. "YES!"

tumblr_inline_ncivzxR45C1sm5dl0.gif

9. Lee Minho gives a very good explanation, turning the discussion back in his favor.

tumblr_inline_nciw1068On1sm5dl0.gif

10. This is a mischievous face

tumblr_inline_nciw5u85Vk1sm5dl0.gif

11. Aggressive kiss

http://k33.kn3.net/0/F/6/A/6/3/A85.gif

translation from spanish google

https://www.taringa.net/+asia_news/11-gifs-del-rompecorazones-lee-minho-que-te-daran-mariposas_23mq4v/amp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 4

8 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

11 heartthrob Lee Minho gifs that will give you butterflies

http://k33.kn3.net/5/2/9/9/2/6/99C.gif

2. Every girl wants Minho Oppa to wink at her.

3. Kiss goodnight from Lee Minho.

4. "I saw nothing ..."

http://k33.kn3.net/0/F/6/A/6/3/A85.gif

Agree with @Nikaa94  - All those are awesome gifs Nina, thank you so much .. why did the link on Aggressive Kiss remains a link, hahahaha?  :Megalol:and I so love the lip biting , mischievous LMH !  Goshhhh

Thanks for the explanation @leeminhosny  As mentioned by you, the Koreans look at Nielsen ratings, so with this new measurement, hope that there would be better and fairer count on the K-dramas next year.  Please implement soon! 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2