Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Hope we get another project news in 2021. :lol: imagine juggling

between Pachinko thread and also another project thread. How fun it would be!! We also have our Min Ho thread. 

Hope to hear from him soon!  Please use your magical charm @Nikaa94  :D
Yes, pray we have a busy, busy 2021 year of LMH !
giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Hope to hear from him soon!  Please use your magical charm @Nikaa94  :D
Yes, pray we have a busy, busy 2021 year of LMH !

Magical charm? :lol:  omg, Miniii you are so cute!! You should also use your cuteness and make a wish. Let’s ask Santa for a year filled with health and also full of LMH projects and updates. :transforms:

When are we going to get the news? I guess we have to wait until he is done filming pachinko. MYM will probably release some statements like before about him taking a break while reviewing next work. But I hope he has already reviewed and will announce

at the right time.  

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

@min2206 these are old numbers, USA Q3 numbers almost 73M ,for example currently Turkey 3M and The King is first drama that entered to Netflix Turkey Top 10 and stayed nearly 15days etc. numbers are rised more :thumbsup:And we have already  know The King was so well in Latin America look at numbers of Brazil , who care numbers of Korea , these countries' numbers are amazing , numbers of Asian countires are so small 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

@min2206 these are old numbers, USA Q3 numbers almost 73M ,for example currently Turkey 3M and The King is first drama that entered to Netflix Turkey Top 10 and stayed nearly 15days etc. numbers are rised more :thumbsup:And we have already The King was so well in Latin America look at numbers of Brazil , who care numbers of Korea , these countries' numbers are amazing , numbers of Asian countires are so small 

Ohh okay, thanks for the info.  Will remove it.  That was posted from twit today.

Anyway, am so happy to hear so much good news on TKEM - Netflix.   I hope the locals (Korea) please take note.  :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

Ohh okay, thanks for the info.  Will remove it.  That was posted from twit today.

Anyway, am so happy to hear so much good news on TKEM and Netflix.   I hope the locals (Korea) please take note.  :D

No it might stay just I added more info. And unfortunately I don't think Korea take note this but anyway.The World know it.

• Blob 4

Eo7R3XDUUAEIlC9?format=jpg&name=900x900

Recently, a survey was conducted on Weibo's "Korean Drama TV" account, on "Who is the best man for writer Kim Eun-sook?".

The account is a community of Korean drama lovers, who described Kim Eun-sook's work as a "textbook of romantic dramas.".

In the survey video, "The King" Lee Min-ho, etc. appeared. It showed the best scenes of the drama and enjoined the Korean Wave fans to vote.

In particular, the actor who won the most votes were Lee Min-ho and Gong Yoo, and Chinese fans expressed their opinions with thousands of comments.

They said, "The King Lee Min-ho is eternal," " I hope Lee Min-ho starts his career in China again" ...

http://www.cbci.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=410260

• Like 1
  • Blob 7

12 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

No it might stay just I added more info. And unfortunately I don't think Korea take note this but anyway.The World know it.

Ahhh, is Yeppudaa Minoz twit your account?  @leeminhosny  A lot of info :D  @syntyche too, is posting many on TKEM thread.  I have to rush out now.  Will have to read later.

But if you can get the chart (like what was shown earlier) on respective countries, if they have, that would be great!   Thanks again.   Just want everyone to know that our King slays, despite the odds and whoever wants to bring him down. 
The power of Lee Min Ho!   

5 minutes ago, syntyche said:

In particular, the actor who won the most votes were Lee Min-ho and Gong Yoo, and Chinese fans expressed their opinions with thousands of comments.

They said, "The King Lee Min-ho is eternal," " I hope Lee Min-ho starts his career in China again" ...

http://www.cbci.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=410260

@syntyche  Thanks for this ....  wooooot !

The King Lee Min-ho is eternal

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

7 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I think that might be worldwide and From deadline that is huge aside from all the official numbers from netflix itself. I remember we had a tracker on the The King thread saying ''LMH'' SNS will jump 10-12m subs until the end of the year but it seems like it jump 15m almost 16m just from TKEM alone that is a significiant jump. 6m on Facebook and 9m on Instagram almost 10m. 

It was addictive if you started you had to finish it had that going for it. I am not that surprised tho that it would do even better when official came out. Now that being said Back to the main topic below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do we have any casting rumours as he will finish filming Pachinko here soon? I want him to take a movie and right after that I hope we get to the promised series? Gangster series you can throw a slight touch of romance but not much just subtle and little. I wish they announce and cast a star-subbed gangster series that runs several seasons. I have people like Ma-dong seok and other notorious bad boy actors collection in mind lets do this shxt. uhm tae goo etc etc. Bring out all the criminals. 

And Yes there should be nude scenes and hardcore stuff with no political correctness. Perhaps late 2021 airing date or max 2022 early? Filming such show could take time there is no rush.

It could become a major hit on netflix something similar like korean version of ''Thug Mansion'' ''Ghetto gospel'' a series to outdo them all International gangster genre movies/series but it has to be gritty with great plotline and only 8 episodes per season ala Money heist no need for 16 episodes per season and no PG-13 hence we need blood to be visual.

I won't mind Mandalorian/witcher like where it can become a playable game where we can play with LMH's character solving issues and climbing the ladder to top mob-boss and filmed that way from his POV exploring this unknown underworld. 

Well what do I know one can only wish

Yes, it was @Wis dom who stated that TKEM was a huge international hit and it would increased LMH's social media following exponentially. His prediction was completely correct. Will your statement about TKEM Season 2 also happen @Wis dom? :) 

I'm so happy to read all of the Netflix official statements about TKEM, it indeed proved what we knew all along, the show was a massive hit, it's loved by so many around the world! Antis and haters can just choke :P 

For LMH's next project, I'm up for anything that would expand his acting portfolios and show his versatility as an actor. Choosing Pachinko showed that he's going to that direction already, can't wait to see this 2nd phase of his career as a mature & serious actor!

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

And more info: Don't Forget ,Netflix aired The King and former  dramas in European and Middle East and other some countries 10-15 days after dramas ended but then Netflix started to air during dramas were airing in Korea.So The King lost so many viewers because we have already watched it as illegal.And The King is still successful.  

33 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ahhh, is Yeppudaa Minoz twit your account?  @leeminhosny 

yes me

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

12 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I don’t know how the rest of you feel but I am so pleased to see these results from Netflix itself. I feel like saying “take that” to all the negative rubbish that was written about TKEM. It will be interesting to see if certain blog sites mentions these figures. Hope Apple does as well next year!

On another note is anyone else feeling nervous about the SBS awards?

As it wasn’t one of their original productions but one that they bought from

Studio Dragon (despite Netflix having already got the series) and it not having as high ratings as they might have expected  I think they might ignore TKEM. I don’t know much about the awards but I really respect Willenette’s knowledge of Kdrama land and wonder what her thoughts are.

Yes, I'm anxious about the SBS awards too.  If SBS is smart, LMH will win something.  I just hope it sounds legit unlike JJH's eating award, remember that at the 2016 SBS awards.  However, I don't take much stock in network awards, like I said in the LOTBS thread years ago, I think it's just a way of the network thanking the actors.  

I guess the awards will be virtual.  Would we see them, like a zoom type meeting?  Would they be in their casual clothes?  I miss seeing LMH in a tux.

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I also hope we get another project news in 2021:)

yessss please!:please:

thanks for saying this! Hope God hears us! :lol: 

======================

who handles the offers? there must be a group of experts at MYM who receive, review, and analyze the offers before handing them over to LMH, right? I wish I worked as a project choosing advisor at MYM :doggie:

• LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

35 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

But if you can get the chart (like what was shown earlier) on respective countries, if they have, that would be great!   Thanks again.   Just want everyone to know that our King slays, despite the odds and whoever wants to bring him down. 

Unfortunately I checked countries seperately previously I just remember  Japan (4.5M) with most subscribers in Asia And Korea nearly 3.5M other Asian countires 100K-200K-500K etc. (but this is numbers 2019) 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

who handles the offers? there must be a group of experts at MYM who receive, review, and analyze the offers before handing them over to LMH, right? I wish I worked as a project choosing advisor at MYM

Didn't someone post the various teams at MYM?  A couple of months ago?

Remember?  I was planning to apply as one of his bodyguards?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I read Disney's growth rate surpessed Netflix in 2020 and Disney has currently 83M subscribers and is said Disney will enter in Korea in 2021 but there isn't any drama news. If Only Pachinko might to be Disney project but anyway I hope it will be successful .:approves: I wonder Disney's first Kdrama , LMH is first in everything maybe he will choose Disney in 2021 hahaha:lol: just joke but I don't think LMH will comeback channels anymore. Now we have so many OTT for LMH.

17 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Yes, I'm anxious about the SBS awards too.  If SBS is smart, LMH will win something.  I just hope it sounds legit unlike JJH's eating award, remember that at the 2016 SBS awards.  However, I don't take much stock in network awards, like I said in the LOTBS thread years ago, I think it's just a way of the network thanking the actors.  

I guess the awards will be virtual.  Would we see them, like a zoom type meeting?  Would they be in their casual clothes?  I miss seeing LMH in a tux.

If SBS isn't  idiot they should give so many awards TKEM cast because this might be SBS's last change because if LMH goes to OTT he might not comeback SBS forever if SBS want LMH later they should treat well him , LMH have worked for 9 years with them but even nugu actors won Daesang award but they didn't give him yes I can understand rating, there are sunbae actors I don't wait Daesang but at least SBS should give so many and good awards TKEM cast.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I read Disney's growth rate surpessed Netflix in 2020 and Disney has currently 83M subscribers and is said Disney will enter in Korea in 2021 but there isn't any drama news. If Only Pachinko might to be Disney project but anyway I hope it will be successful .:approves: I wonder Disney's first Kdrama , LMH is first in everything maybe he will choose Disney in 2021 hahaha:lol: just joke but I don't think LMH will comeback channels anymore. Now we have so many OTT for LMH.

Wow! Really? That’s great!! 

Give me Disney drama then!! LMH is always pioneer and first in everything :relieved: I’m so excited!! We have so many good OTT to choose from :)) 

I agree with you, I don’t think LMH will pick any of the Korean channels especially public channels.  Next work can be on Disney, then Netflix, then again Apple TV plus, and go on 

25 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

If SBS isn't  idiot they should give so many awards TKEM cast because this might be SBS's last change because if LMH goes to OTT he might not comeback SBS forever if SBS want LMH later they should treat well him , LMH have worked for 9 years with them but even nugu actors won Daesang award but they didn't give him yes I can understand rating, there are sunbae actors I don't wait Daesang but at least SBS should give so many and good awards TKEM cast.

agree with you! 

SBS is blessed to have had LMH for so long. If SBS wants to have a slim chance of working with LMH again, they should treat him right. I’m shocked SBS hasn’t given Daesang to LMH yet. They should give great awards to LMH and TKEM team. 

honestly, let LMH go to OTT. Why not? they offer quality projects with better and variety of stories.  LMH can collaborate with great writers and PDs. OTT can offer refreshing stories. In SK, people’s taste is different and the writers have to cater to Ajummas watching TV. 

also, budget wise it’s better. Pachinko has enormous budget, I remember it was mentioned in articles that Pachinko budget is similar to that of drama series called The Crown 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Wow! Really? That’s great!! 

Give me Disney drama then!! LMH is always pioneer and first in everything :relieved: I’m so excited!! We have so many good OTT to choose from :)) 

I agree with you, I don’t think LMH will pick any of the Korean channels especially public channels.  Next work can be on Disney, then Netflix, then again Apple TV plus, and go on 

Probably Top Hallyu Actors go to OTT I don't think LMH will comeback SBS, TVN etc. because even TVN's dramas got low ratings in this year . And Koreans judge according to rating they talk about just rating rating rating .so no need , probably big OTTs will catch LMH. :relieved:

• Like 4