• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pixie0622

• willenette

• gtLmh0622

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT! hey ya chingus, with this spotlight, get ready to discover the actor that has a huge fan base ~ Lee Min Ho. for many kdrama fans, boys over flowers was their first drama

cto WEBSITE II TWITTER II FACEBOOK II WEIBO II INSTAGRAM                      Official Social Media                    FACEBOOK:  Lee Minho                 INSTAGRAM:  

thanks to all the chingus who came, posted, hit those buttons and participated to make this birthday bash a success. @yuiy78 @syntyche @kokodus @SophieH @angelangie @gtLmh0622 @Heretorant

On 11/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, Thong Thin said:

@Aleumdaun  besides his new hairstyle,  I love his eye gaze....I could feel the dark side of Ko Hansu.

@CallieP  I think that lady is his stylist, go IG search for  "meganjung1025" .

I checked her site.  She has many other clients so he is not her personal stylist.  Actually, I did not even see him on her Instagram, at least the top 20 posts. I did not scroll down too much :D 

On 11/8/2020 at 6:38 PM, kdyes said:

I've got a head full of conflicting thoughts and feelings today.  Was happy to see the TKEM team come together and yes maybe LMH was striking a Hansu pose.  Sure didn’t look like himself.  Expand the close up of him @Thong Thin posted on pg 3833.   The expression is hard to read:  very strong – very cold or very hot.  Soompi.com said the person taking the photo was KGE.  Questions abound.

I'm a little disappointed by movie log 3.   Before MS, LMH said in DMZ that he really wanted to make movies that had some social value.   The whole shopping tour just left me wondering what's happening when there are so many other things to focus on that have greater meaning.  And I finally got to see his stylist.  I was shocked.  She has no sense of personal style herself – leaves herself very unattractive -- and wanted LMH to wear another girly sweater.  Happily, he declined.  I’m still reacting to the bizarre photo shoot a few months back that dressed him very feminine with the chunky necklace, open collar to the side with a pouty look, lol.  Does he want to look androgenous?  Of course, that’s his right.  If she is responsible for this styling, I’m not impressed.  He’s got a lot to work with (an understatement) and the result is so-so off screen.  Leave him in big shirts if he likes.  That’s better than the girly sweaters. 

Back to LMH movies:  Not only are there so many exciting, socially valuable things to focus on in SK and in the world, there are so many people in SK doing great, important work in many fields.  I’d sure like LMH to be hanging with people like that.  Yes, he is a star and that makes it difficult to go out, but people involved in exciting, meaningful work are not like the general public.  (It was telling that LMH said he doesn’t go out so new clothes sort of get wasted.  Maybe he’s hanging out with wrong people.  Sad.)  Right now, there’s such a focus on advertising products that it makes me a bit uneasy.  Yes, it’s giving him great wealth that he could use later for something valuable – and beyond writing checks.

I’ve decided to give LMH  a year or more of time that’s not working on a drama, to see where he’s heading personally.  In his free time, I hope his widens his interests.  Right now, I feel that the direction seems superficial and ill defined.  I appreciate that his personal life got a bit hit from 2 years of MS and TKEM took so much time and focus – and happening as he considers his 30s and finding new directions.  Looking forward to seeing where he goes in the next couple of years!  Sending love…

I am sorry to be bringing this up so late but I have been busy and had no time to comment and I felt I needed to say something. I just want to say that I understand the others being upset but I do get what you are trying to say.  He is a force for good and he should use his platform to promote social issues.  He does, he has Promiz.  He spent a year in the DMZ with a documentary, probably with no fees when he could have earned a lot of money doing a series and many of us have never even watched it.  He wears a mask which has been used as a promotion to encourage others to wear masks because LMH does.  However, he also is an entertainer, and he has always been private about his personal life. He is just trying to show what he does sometimes with his everyday life.  He can't be doing good all the time and has to have some personal downtime and fun with some friends. We are also dying to know how he is when he goes out and shops. Finally, he is sharing it with us so we should not look a gift horse in the mouth and just enjoy it.  I bet Leonardo De Caprio who spent some time promoting climate change, spends a lot of time doing other stuff though.  I am sure in his YouTube channel, he would have something about Promiz and other charities he supports in the future. He donates quietly without announcing it  publicly. He probably does not like preaching to others but does by example. Thus you and the others have your point of views and that is fair.

I have conflicting feelings too in this pandemic.  Not about LMH, he is a joy and distraction for me.  I am happy to be able to work at home and feel be safe, I feel for those hospital and essential workers who put their lives on the line when the pandemic rages over here in the US.  I don't complain that I have to stay home or can't do certain things or enjoy life fully and have to cancel or put on hold many plans.  I sometimes feel frustrated that my friends who are lucky like me sigh about it or have to only do happy things to distract themselves from their "suffering" of having to stay home and not do fun things.  When we get together via social media, they only want to talk about happy things and food, avoid talking about things that really matter.  They need to avoid unpleasantness, so they only share funny jokes about orange man. I can't discuss substantive issues and it is frustrating.  So I get what you were trying to impart.

On 11/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, she is his stylist and has worked with him for a long time. Did you remember long time ago, once LMH lying on the ground and said he was too tired to move then someone carried him on the back ? That's her. Looks like she got along very well with LMH. She coaxed him as he is her little brother.

She can carry him?? She is a tough cookie then.  Wow!  

On 11/8/2020 at 7:39 PM, Heretorant said:

I think it’s unfair to judge his lifestyle by only seeing 5 minutes of it. And I also don’t see why it’s a problem if he just simply lives life. Sometimes we’re harsh on celebrities and expect them to be perfect but they’re only human. Do we all spend our free time contributing to the world? Heck, I spend my free time selfishly indulging in Korean Dramas and on here discussing them. 

Aside from his busy schedule as an actor, he has Promiz, where he and his fans come together to make this world a better place. He’s a far better person than I am and I am not even half as busy as him. 

:D True, we should be out protesting but stay home hiding from the Covid-19 and watching LMH.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:28 PM, CarolynH said:

Dang!  She must be tall and strong lol.  He's tall enough that half of him would be dragging on the ground.

:joy:

On 11/9/2020 at 3:58 AM, Missprincesa said:

I think the question about his stylist has already been answered. I really like how she talks to him and the familiarity behind it, but I don't like that she is wearing her mask with her nose outside of it... Here the corona is hitting hard and we are obliged to wear the masks all the time while outside home and seeing people wearing them with the nose outside puts me in a really bad mood. 

But I agree with you on the sweater. The fabric might be luxurious but I don't like the colours. Although no problem with the deep neck :approves:

Agreed!

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I checked her site.  She has many other clients so he is not her personal stylist.  Actually, I did not even see him on her Instagram, at least the top 20 posts. I did not scroll down too much :D

@CallieP, it's just so COOL to be a personal stylist of a celebrity, much more if you're working with a very popular & a superstar at that. But, their job is made difficult by the physical demands of the job. Most of the time they must pick up pieces from brands/sponsors or fashion houses and also return them on a daily basis. And they are paid less. Considering how a single actor or an idol may require 5~6 pieces per scene/event on a daily basis, that’s many pounds of clothes. On top of the physical labor, more hurdles await. She has to consider what the particular actor/idol might like, dislike, and what the brand/sponsor might want her to pick up. That's why, many of them have their assistants. Behind the glitter and the fanfare, and in the shadows of the limelight, theirs is not an easy job at all. Underpaid & overworked who toil by day and night..... :blush:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 4

@CallieP  sorry, cutting your post for length.

Thanks for your comments.  I obviously did a poor job communicating about what difference I was trying to point to in the realm of generosity, social welfare, etc.

LMH’s generosity, kindness and social responsibility, etc. have been significant and evolve with the times, like mask-wearing -- how quickly he posted saying he should have worn a mask when his photo appeared mask-less early in the pandemic, later becoming the face promoting mask-wearing.  He even found a way some years ago to promote socially conscious, generous qualities among fans through Promiz (meant P not MInoz in earlier post, sloppy proofing).  LMH is a lovely man not only a hot one.  But in DMZ, he was talking about wanting to make films (plural) that would be socially beneficial.  That is really more “advocacy” and as you pointed out (about his time/effort spent on DMZ) takes a lot of one’s time/focus and even becomes a lifestyle, engaged with similarly minded people.. 

It’s difficult to line everything up to make this happen and is one of the reasons many people of great means and fame express their generosity, ethics, good citizenship, etc. through donations and lending their name/face -- which are also very important for society.  Sometimes lending one’s face/name does become advocacy when a person’s time and leadership aspects increase.   I hope he can use films since it sounded like a “heart-wish.”  Unfortunately, the pandemic has put all our plans in deep freeze.  I’ve read on this forum that “Oppa seems/looks lonely.”  If in future LMH is able to get more into advocacy through films, it will impact his personal life.  We’ll all enjoy more personal freedom when the pandemic subsides.

I am sorry to be bringing this up so late but I have been busy and had no time to comment and I felt I needed to say something. I just want to say that I understand the others being upset but I do get what you are trying to say.  He is a force for good and he should use his platform to promote social issues.  He does, he has Promiz.  He spent a year in the DMZ with a documentary, probably with no fees when he could have earned a lot of money doing a series and many of us have never even watched it.  He wears a mask which has been used as a promotion to encourage others to wear masks because LMH does.  However, he also is an entertainer, and he has always been private about his personal life. He is just trying to show what he does sometimes with his everyday life.  He can't be doing good all the time and has to have some personal downtime and fun with some friends. We are also dying to know how he is when he goes out and shops. Finally, he is sharing it with us so we should not look a gift horse in the mouth and just enjoy it.  I bet Leonardo De Caprio who spent some time promoting climate change, spends a lot of time doing other stuff though.  I am sure in his YouTube channel, he would have something about Promiz and other charities he supports in the future. He donates quietly without announcing it  publicly. He probably does not like preaching to others but does by example. Thus you and the others have your point of views and that is fair.

I have conflicting feelings too in this pandemic.  Not about LMH, he is a joy and distraction for me.  I am happy to be able to work at home and feel be safe, I feel for those hospital and essential workers who put their lives on the line when the pandemic rages over here in the US.  I don't complain that I have to stay home or can't do certain things or enjoy life fully and have to cancel or put on hold many plans.  I sometimes feel frustrated that my friends who are lucky like me sigh about it or have to only do happy things to distract themselves from their "suffering" of having to stay home and not do fun things.  When we get together via social media, they only want to talk about happy things and food, avoid talking about things that really matter.  They need to avoid unpleasantness, so they only share funny jokes about orange man. I can't discuss substantive issues and it is frustrating.  So I get what you were trying to impart.

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

With WhatsApp users using photos of Korean artists as their profile, this teacher was surprised to see Lee Min Ho submit an assignment

While WhatsApp users use a self-portrait as their profile photo, some others use an artist's profile photo.

One student used a photo of South Korean actor Lee Min Ho for their WhatsApp profile.

This surprised one of their teachers, because he did not expect that a South Korean artist would send him an assignment. He then sent a message advising students to use their own photos as profile, as he was surprised to see Lee Min Ho submit an assignment. The post of a screenshot of that message went viral online.

730x480-img-67635-foto-profil-artis-kore

https://www.hitekno.com/internet/2020/11/13/164500/pakai-foto-artis-korea-di-whatsapp-guru-ini-kaget-lee-min-ho-kumpul-tugas

• LOL 10
21 minutes ago, syntyche said:

With WhatsApp users using photos of Korean artists as their profile, this teacher was surprised to see Lee Min Ho submit an assignment

While WhatsApp users use a self-portrait as their profile photo, some others use an artist's profile photo.

One student used a photo of South Korean actor Lee Min Ho for their WhatsApp profile.

This surprised one of their teachers, because he did not expect that a South Korean artist would send him an assignment. He then sent a message advising students to use their own photos as profile, as he was surprised to see Lee Min Ho submit an assignment. The post of a screenshot of that message went viral online.

Haha @syntyche you make me LOLLL happily this morning ...   Pak Muslimin (the teacher) could be a fan of LMH ! :D  He said he got a shock. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, syntyche said:

@Min2206 Teacher definitely knows who LMH is! lol. A nice surprise at that. 

Btw, The King is #1 so far in the The Best Korean Drama of 2020 ranking. 

Vote link here: http://www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2020/

So @syntyche  is this voting still ongoing?

I have been reading updates that TKEM is well loved and recognised here and there and above here indicating that it is still No. 1 so far in the above poll, why is it that certain parties are bringing TKEM down?

Imej mungkin mengandungi: 1 orang, rakaman dekat

cr flyminho

Surprisingly, I am on my 3rd re-watch of the drama, after Faith.  Now approaching Epi 7.   I do admit there are scenes that I skipped, but I realised that I have to watch them in order to understand what transpired for there are certain notes or hints that were played, for me to grasp the storyline (though the King might not be in the scene).   Yes, I know , I too want him to be in every frame.  This drama has so many characters, some playing dual roles, that they tried to fit into 16 episodes.   It was confusing to me at first, during the first few episodes.  Much thanks to our super analysts, detectives and narrators in the TKEM thread, I could then follow through.   
Overall, I find it a great drama and enjoyed it, hence it's worth a re-watch.

giphy.gif

The King

• Like 9

@kdyesI would say that LMH has been very smart to utilize his vlogs the way he has.  In the U.S., celebrities are often told to just “shut up and sing”, and what they have to say is invalidated.  If LMH came charging out the gate with his blogs aiming to fight racial injustice, saving the rainforest, solving climate change...he would be told to  stay in his lane and go back to looking pretty. 

By welcoming fans into his every day life, he’s increasing viewership and gently bringing attention to his vlog.  He’s capturing the human aspect of himself, making him seem normal and humanized despite his superhuman status in society.  He’s telling viewers that he’s like us, that he wants us in his life, that he’s a friend of ours.  First and foremost, he’s using social media to reach out to fans and to give a little bit of himself to us. 

Snag their attention - and then come full force with a deep cause.  Then you have everyone’s attention.  And instead of the hot guy in the ivory tower who is just talking at us...our friend LMH is speaking to us like family.  We want to listen, and we’re willing to listen. 

His social media is really quite deep as well, compared to other stars.  Most kpop stars and a lot of actors just use their IG for self promotions. Advertising this album, or new Diamond endorsement, or #ad this #ad that...energy bars, laundry detergent, their own magazines...it’s a fake and never ending display.  But LMH’s always stepped around that by sharing real snippets of his life.

And let’s always remember too - social media is crafted by their teams.  There’s always a reason for something. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3