Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

22 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Alright I got me a casting dream list 

Hoonie - Daniel Dae Kim.  Shoo in for the veteran actor, supporting role at the beginning. 

Sunja - I reeeeally want Gemma Chan to play her, even though she’s Chinese.  Gemma + LMH holy Jesus the visuals 

Noa - Ki Hong Lee.  He would look so cute with an aged up LMH, and he’s a great actor 

will come back with more 

Is Daniel Dae Kim the actor from Lost (which I loved) and Hawaii 5-0?  If so, I like him.  

19 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Hi all, I am writing here with mixed emotions. Do not think I can call myself a Minoz, but I really admire LMH as an actor and a person. Feeling a little out of place here amongst his true fans, but I cannot help to share my excitement on his upcoming project! It is difficult to describe my feelings - somewhat excited mixed with unfounded apprehension but yet very keen to watch the final product!

This news certainly brought me a greater admiration of the level of professionalism he and his company display in seeking the best opportunities for LMH. I mean, he is much more far sighted than we can imagine. He is not only dwelling on local dramas or movies, he seems to be considering his own production company and now this collab with Apple! Kudos to LMH!

Thank you @AquariusMY!  You're always welcome here.  I do know what you mean, because I don't feel comfortable posting in other threads because of my DP.

5 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, but what I’m trying to say is, plenty of actors in Game of Thrones had equal screen time. It doesn’t take away from the other characters. I can also argue that Cersei was a protagonist, she played a huge character. We shouldn’t expect that just because he is our Lee Min Ho, he should be the main character and get the most screen time. I’m happy because he is apart of this project and will be happy for him regardless. Why I’m even bringing this up is because I get the feeling some will not be happy if the story doesn’t revolve around him. But shouldn’t we all just be happy for him because this is a great opportunity?

Unless this is a show like “You,” there won’t be one character who takes up more than half the screen time. And I’m saying, this is NOT “You.” This is like game of thrones where there are multiple protagonists and it is absolutely fine! And I’m saying it’s possible Hansu’s story can be fleshed out but there shouldn’t be any expectations that only his story will be. We should be prepared to watch multiple characters and understand that they are important to the story as a whole. 

I'm ok with it knowing this ahead of time.  I always thought LMH should start with a supporting role if he ventured into Hollywood, simply to test the waters.  TKEM was disappointing because I assumed LMH would have more screen time.

4 hours ago, scrawford said:

36. but im reading online so i don't know if it's the same with real book. My real book will come tomorrow :)

So you're reading a fake or imaginary book?  Sorry chingu--I couldn't resist!:kiss_wink:

2 hours ago, Wis dom said:

That would be awesome actully.

We should try to pen one together. Just like how many fanfictions became hollywood hits 

I actually started two dramas-mysteries, but no one seemed interested:criesariver:

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

I am so tired because I have waited drama news on Naver for days , my fingers and weist hurt 

Yeah, me too.  And my eyes, from reading so many posts--but don't get me wrong guys--I love that this thread is active.  

1 hour ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

have to ask KMinoz.

you mean Cminoz and @gtLmh0622:lol:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

I'm happy to see so many US based verified accounts are hyping LMH's Pachinko casting news, I'm so prouuuud!!!

These people are activists in entertainment industry. I saw more than these two, more other verified accounts hyping this news.

It's about time he gets recognition he deserves :love:

These verified people reactions over Hollywood media news on Pachinko were so different comparing to those "so called K-drama elite" who reacted over Soompi Pachinko news. They can stay pressed and hate all they want, LMH keeps rising!!

**seriously these K-drama fans haters should get a life, why can't they say something else besides it's getting old "LMH only plays rich characters" type of rant

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 3

15 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Why is no one here whenever I'm here?  What are you guys trying to tell me lol?  

Carolyyyy :smooches3:  we are here! Don’t worry! :heart1:

so exited! LMH will start working on Monday :D he is back to work! Minoz should try their best to locate him, I don’t care I want at least 1 picture from filming site 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 3

7 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

Not saying there’s anything wrong with his flower boy image/ personality  because that’s how he cemented himself in my heart.  Just that this “branding” can detract from his desire to be considered a serious actor by non-fans.  Some say he’s “too pretty” to be a villain, “too elegant” to portray a poor boy, “too charming” to be evil, etc.  Nothing to do with his skills, just dealing with people’s expectations of him.   Him taking on a serious anti-hero dramatic role is a step toward evolving from the “pretty boy” image into a more versatile actor.  And him doing this in his 30s is a plus.  He has many, many years ahead to try out new things.  

=

I am in my mid 30s and found LMH from TKEM when he was already "mature." Then I happened to watch Gangnam Blues before everything else he has and instantly became a fan because I saw that beyond his very handsome / pretty look, he is an amazing actor and has potential to become a versatile one. 

Plus his great off-screen personality and his life values made me love him even more.

If I watched him first on BOF, I might not be a hardcore fan like I am now, lol, sorry no offences to those who love BOF. :P

But sadly many of my friends who are mature drama viewers couldn't pass LMH's previous branding as a handsome actor, I won't mention 'flower boy' since few people here had rejected this term, so they mostly perceive LMH as a typecast actor, can only play similar character, rich character, prince charming character etc etc. We know this is not true even from his previous projects, but it's hard for non-fans to get pass his previous image.

Those viewers' comments I read from his old dramas recaps seem to be true, he is too handsome and his looks may overshadow his true acting capability.

I really hope I can convince more of my friends who are in their 30s to become LMH fans with the upcoming Pachinko,  where he will play complex and unconventional character in a Hollywood produced drama. :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Just now, Layali said:

A day late after FL was announced but Minoz I'm back! (Hopefully I can manage both)

Finally LMH in a twisty dark convoluted bad man character :hwaiting:

@Nikaa94 I missed you loads. 

omg, Layaliiiiiiiiiii :ohboy2:   I missed you morrrrreeeee :criesariver:

I’m glad to read your post. Thank you!! 

yes, LMH’s role is a really dark one :D did you read the book? What is your opinion about Hansu? 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

omg, Layaliiiiiiiiiii :ohboy2:   I missed you morrrrreeeee :criesariver:

I’m glad to read your post. Thank you!! 

yes, LMH’s role is a really dark one :D did you read the book? What is your opinion about Hansu? 

Just began reading it.I just read the part where Hansu stares at Sunja unflinchingly ( "he was looking hard at her") at the market place. Hansu is one of those guys I'd run faaar away from in RL if I ever have the misfortune of being stared like that. I despise shameless staring and would run for the hills or wear a nikaab/veil if I'm in that position ever.

I can already tell I'd hate Hansu. Perhaps Minho playing Hansu will make me love and hate him. I'm just so glad Minho is doing a shady morals-questionable character.

• Like 8
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

But sadly many of my friends who are mature drama viewers couldn't pass LMH's previous branding as a handsome actor, I won't mention 'flower boy' since few people here had rejected this term, so they mostly perceive LMH as a typecast actor, can only play similar character, rich character, prince charming character etc etc. We know this is not true even from his previous projects, but it's hard for non-fans to get pass his previous image.

Those viewers' comments I read from his old dramas recaps seem to be true, he is too handsome and his looks may overshadow his true acting capability.

21 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Minoz are reading this novel because of LMH!! 

Lee Min Ho’s power is no joke!! 

I hear you @JoannaID Was told many a times by my friends about him being handsome, flamboyant, playboy etc, Yea, they tried to say that he can act but it didn't sound so convincing, thus I was not drawn to his dramas.  Until this year TKEM, Faith and GB.    The rest is history.

You will meet a lot of people who doubt you.  Heard of this saying -  Let people underestimate you.  That way they will never know for sure what you're capable of.      He has proven them wrong, not that he needs to but he will prove them wrong over and over.   Never underestimate the power of LMH. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, Layali said:

Just began reading it.I just read the part where Hansu stares at Sanju lecherously at the market place. Hansu is one of those guys I'd run faaar away from in RL if I ever have the misfortune of being stared like that. 

I can already tell I'd hate Hansu. Perhaps Minho playing Hansu will make me love and hate him. I'm just so glad Minho is doing a shady morals-questionable character.

Oh, our baby Min Ho has selected a really dark character. I don’t know the details of his stare. I haven’t read the book. 

I’m so happy he has a new project on his hand, he will be busy filming starting Monday. :highonflowers:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

Okay so y’all know those weird food truck thingies that I originally thought were advertisements that celebrities send to their celebrity friends?

We don’t do that in the US or Canada which is why it took me forever to figure out what hell was going on

BUT I THINK WE CAN GO INTO BUSINESS!   The LMH thread here has gotta start bringing in some revenue

I will go buy a run down truck or van, definitely not the white creepy children kidnapping one, and we will convert it into an ice cream truck and haul it up to Canada to deliver LMH a snack

While he looks like a snacc 

Im so tired goodnight 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

Okay so y’all know those weird food truck thingies that I originally thought were advertisements that celebrities send to their celebrity friends?

We don’t do that in the US or Canada which is why it took me forever to figure out what hell was going on

Sorry to cut your post, but I am really glad you mention that, because for me it was also really weird. 

I really like that in following kdramas I am starting to learn more about Korean culture and habits. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Wis dom said:

I loved Gangnam Blues and City Hunter. 

For pure violence Gangnam Blues was a marvel especially the mud scene. I watch alot of action films and honestly that is one of the best action sequences I have ever seen and that is rich coming from me. They really went at it. 

City hunter had also epic action none-stop but the storyline coupled with the action scenes is what made it so great

11 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

CH is special for me, it is my first Kdrama but GB's action scene is so wild :tears: I like crime dramas but I passed GB's wild scenes but actually I want Bounty Hunter's more serious version, I want also his parner should has action scenes look like Bounty Hunters , they look cool on action scenes:lol: Kim Nana hadn't so many action scenes on CH.

Me too CH did it for me.  I love the action scenes in CH and the fact LMH did most of them himself, made it even more awesome.  I love the story line and his character in the drama.  His cheekiness and fake arrogance were entertaining too..

Yes, the mud scene in GB is one of the best action scenes I have seen too.  Many damaged suits :D.  They fact they used regular stuff as weapons.  LMH with his umbrella striking brutally at his attackers. The look on his face and his action scenes were unbelievable.  Never though he had it in him to be so brutal.  Was impressed. He said himself he had to dig deep to create that character.  So on page with you @Wis dom Glad to see you back on Soompi.

8 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I'm happy to see so many US based verified accounts are hyping LMH's Pachinko casting news, I'm so prouuuud!!!

These people are activists in entertainment industry. I saw more than these two, more other verified accounts hyping this news.

It's about time he gets recognition he deserves :love:

These verified people reactions over Hollywood media news on Pachinko were so different comparing to those "so called K-drama elite" who reacted over Soompi Pachinko news. They can stay pressed and hate all they want, LMH keeps rising!!

**seriously these K-drama fans haters should get a life, why can't they say something else besides it's getting old "LMH only plays rich characters" type of rant

What are the US based verified accounts hyping LMH's Pachinko?

6 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I am in my mid 30s and found LMH from TKEM when he was already "mature." Then I happened to watch Gangnam Blues before everything else he has and instantly became a fan because I saw that beyond his very handsome / pretty look, he is an amazing actor and has potential to become a versatile one. 

Plus his great off-screen personality and his life values made me love him even more.

If I watched him first on BOF, I might not be a hardcore fan like I am now, lol, sorry no offences to those who love BOF. :P

I really hope I can convince more of my friends who are in their 30s to become LMH fans with the upcoming Pachinko,  where he will play complex and unconventional character in a Hollywood produced drama. :) 

I was not a fan when I watched BOF, only after CH.  Came to enjoy him in BOF much later. :)

• Like 11