Jump to content

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [Upcoming 2021 on Apple TV + : Pachinko];


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

:heart:  Well said!

 

LMH can win parts with his eyes alone.  :love:

 

 

Hansu:

"More black than brown, his dark eyes absorbed light like a long tunnel, and when he looked at her, she felt an uncomfortable sensation in her stomach." 

 

 


One of my favorite scenes! 
 

This is not about Hansu but Lmh’s stare definitely gives me a sensation in my stomach :lol:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • pixie0622

    3817

  • willenette

    3658

  • gtLmh0622

    3492

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT! hey ya chingus, with this spotlight, get ready to discover the actor that has a huge fan base ~ Lee Min Ho. for many kdrama fans, boys over flowers was their first drama

cto WEBSITE II TWITTER II FACEBOOK II WEIBO II INSTAGRAM                      Official Social Media                    FACEBOOK:  Lee Minho                 INSTAGRAM:  

thanks to all the chingus who came, posted, hit those buttons and participated to make this birthday bash a success. @yuiy78 @syntyche @kokodus @SophieH @angelangie @gtLmh0622 @Heretorant

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:


c’mon, did this writer have to go to such extents? :unamused: Are they going to show the beating scene ? 

 


Hopefully LMH has Already read the scripts and knows how important his role will be. I worry about LMH all the time. :bawling: But He always chooses his projects so well. 

 

Chingu, i haven't gotten to this part of the book yet, but... according to the writer, as hard as it was for her to write this part, it was needed to show the depth of Hansu's character and what being tied to Yakuja has done to him. 

 

I don't know what will and will not be included in the drama, but.... this might be his low moment in the book. He is being introduce as this casanova type, but deep down i think* he is deeply wounded. And Being tied to yakuja definitely added the violence in him.

 

Those who finish the book might correct me if im wrong. 

 

It's no dreamy role for sure but might be the right role for his career. I can't wait to see him transformed into Hansu, just like i was anxious to see him as lee gon

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Chingu, i haven't gotten to this part of the book yet, but... according to the writer, as hard as it was for her to write this part, it was needed to show the depth of Hansu's character and what being tied to Yakuja has done to him. 

 

I don't know what will and will not be included in the drama, but.... this might be his low moment in the book. He is being introduce as this casanova type, but deep down i think* he is deeply wounded. And Being tied to yakuja definitely added the violence in him.

 

Those who finish the book might correct me if im wrong. 

 

It's no dreamy role for sure but might be the right role for his career. I can't wait to see him transformed into Hansu, just like i was anxious to see him as lee gon

 

What page are you on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

36. but im reading online so i don't know if it's the same with real book. My real book will come tomorrow :)

 

I have even read some shippers telling me we finish reading? I am like what? 500-pages? just like that? Some said they were on 100+ pages. That is fast reading. 

 

How do you rate the conversations in the novel?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the discussion in the last pages, I also think that in this drama it is possible that we don't see a lot of LMH as male leader. I guess this story is more choral, and so less protagonism will be give to a sole actor. Being said that, I don't think that's bad at all: I love to see LMH in long dramas (even if kdramas are short by my standards) but also I would love to see him in a very different kind of role and in a production like this, which could be awarded and acclaimed. I think announcing him as the protagonist doesn't imply that he is going to be the only one and it could be done for marketing purposes. 

 

Anyway, why you say that he is going to be filming for seven months? I have read all the news I can and I have seen that production is going to be from now to April, but that doesn't mean that he is going to be filming all that time. Please, if someone could shed a bit of light in this respect, I would appreciate it. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Narine Joa said:

 

I have even read some shippers telling me we finish reading? I am like what? 500-pages? just like that? Some said they were on 100+ pages. That is fast reading. 

Some people can read really fast. I just started reading last night and im reading the PDF version. Not very comfortable. 

 

Quote

 

How do you rate conversations in the novel?

What do you mean by Rate the conversation in the novel? Like the writing style? word choices? grammar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

In Korea, actors and idols carry a certain “image” based on their appearance and personality. LMH does have the flower boy image, which is great. His flower boy image is not only because of BOF, but also because of his face and how his own personality. Him playing Hansu has nothing do with him leaving his “ flower boy image“. He is an actor and explores various roles and genres. That’s it! LMH is LMH and I think he does carry the flower boy image as LMH not as GJP. based on the image that actors have, they choose a certain style and stylist help them with that. LMH, when he isn’t acting, is always boyish, cute, and lovely. Look at Lazada ad and choice of colors and style of clothing  :lol:

I don’t know why everyone has problem with LMH’s flower boy image <_< Idols and actors try so hard to gain a certain image through variety shows. LMH doesn’t even need those shows.B) LMH’s image is actually great!! 

I’m happy that LMH is taking such a big challenge and different role, but it has nothing to do with his own image. 

edit: even Non-celebs in SK try to have a certain image which is mostly youthful and innocent looking. In SK, image and face (handsomeness, prettiness) is everything.  

Not saying there’s anything wrong with his flower boy image/ personality  because that’s how he cemented himself in my heart.  Just that this “branding” can detract from his desire to be considered a serious actor by non-fans.  Some say he’s “too pretty” to be a villain, “too elegant” to portray a poor boy, “too charming” to be evil, etc.  Nothing to do with his skills, just dealing with people’s expectations of him.   Him taking on a serious anti-hero dramatic role is a step toward evolving from the “pretty boy” image into a more versatile actor.  And him doing this in his 30s is a plus.  He has many, many years ahead to try out new things.  
 

Which brings me to his last IG post>>LMH Films.  What is that about?  Could he be in contract with Netflix or Apple TV to produce his own films/ videos?  I mean, if his company wanted to produce, it could’ve been MYM Films. But LMH Films....why?  I’m excited about the possibilities.

  • Like 10
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Some people can read really fast. I just started reading last night and im reading the PDF version. Not very comfortable. 

 

What do you mean by Rate the conversation in the novel? Like the writing style? word choices? gramamar?

 

Not how it is written but the dialogues inside the novel?

3 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Not saying there’s anything wrong with his flower boy image/ personality  because that’s how he cemented himself in my heart.  Just that this “branding” can detract from his desire to be considered a serious actor by non-fans.  Some say he’s “too pretty” to be a villain, “too elegant” to portray a poor boy, “too charming” to be evil, etc.  Nothing to do with his skills, just dealing with people’s expectations of him.   Him taking on a serious anti-hero dramatic role is a step toward evolving from the “pretty boy” image into a more versatile actor.  And him doing this in his 30s is a plus.  He has many, many years ahead to try out new things.  
 

Which brings me to his last IG post>>LMH Films.  What is that about?  Could he be in contract with Netflix or Apple TV to produce his own films/ videos?  I mean, if his company wanted to produce, it could’ve been MYM Films. But LMH Films....why?  I’m excited about the possibilities.

 What is a flower boy? Define? please

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Not saying there’s anything wrong with his flower boy image/ personality  because that’s how he cemented himself in my heart.  Just that this “branding” can detract from his desire to be considered a serious actor by non-fans.  Some say he’s “too pretty” to be a villain, “too elegant” to portray a poor boy, “too charming” to be evil, etc.  Nothing to do with his skills, just dealing with people’s expectations of him.   Him taking on a serious anti-hero dramatic role is a step toward evolving from the “pretty boy” image into a more versatile actor.  And him doing this in his 30s is a plus.  He has many, many years ahead to try out new things.  
 

Which brings me to his last IG post>>LMH Films.  What is that about?  Could he be in contract with Netflix or Apple TV to produce his own films/ videos?  I mean, if his company wanted to produce, it could’ve been MYM Films. But LMH Films....why?  I’m excited about the possibilities.

 

Why don't you just say good looking. Because a flower boy is just a very elusive word. Doesn't itself mean much and in this case is sounds like condescending. There is no crime in looking good. Was kim jung dae or daejong flower boy. In effect most of his characters were grown men 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

@Narine Joa

 

The term “flower boy” is something that's been around Korean entertainment culture for a very long time. Flower boys can be defined as boys who have feminine features, are pretty, have aegyo, are well-groomed, but can also be manly!Jul 23, 2017 Soompi

 

All LMH characters were macho. by definition. Flower boy itself would be regarded as offensive from most male

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

In Korea, actors and idols carry a certain “image” based on their appearance and personality. LMH does have the flower boy image, which is great. His flower boy image is not only because of BOF, but also because of his face and how his own personality. Him playing Hansu has nothing do with him leaving his “ flower boy image“. He is an actor and explores various roles and genres. That’s it! LMH is LMH and I think he does carry the flower boy image as LMH not as GJP. based on the image that actors have, they choose a certain style and stylist help them with that. LMH, when he isn’t acting, is always boyish, cute, and lovely. Look at Lazada ad and choice of colors and style of clothing  :lol:

I don’t know why everyone has problem with LMH’s flower boy image <_< Idols and actors try so hard to gain a certain image through variety shows. LMH doesn’t even need those shows.B) LMH’s image is actually great!! 

I’m happy that LMH is taking such a big challenge and different role, but it has nothing to do with his own image. 

edit: even Non-celebs in SK try to have a certain image which is mostly youthful and innocent looking. In SK, image and face (handsomeness, prettiness) is everything.  

Sorry, I missed this post. I don't think that the flower boy image is good or bad per se, but I think that when a actor/actress is handsome/beautiful is quite common for people to not be able to see beyond the looks. People just typecast these actors in limited roles (for example, as romantic interest) and don't believe in their acting skills. 

For me, LMH is really handsome and good looking, but the thing that attracts me the most is seeing him working on different roles and making all of them believable. I totally loved him in GB, even if that is not the type of films that I watch for leisure, but I loved his acting skills way more that his looks. And I think more people will get to appreciate him as a mature actor and not only as a (very) pretty face thanks to roles like the one in Pachinko.

This role is risky and I am glad that he is going for it. 

  • Like 5
  • Unamused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

Sorry, I missed this post. I don't think that the flower boy image is good or bad per se..

 

There is nothing wrong in being cast as romantic lead but LMH is definitely not flowery. His pretty much a macho this much a know and is certain. Even in Gu Jun-pyo he had more testosterone then a bison bull. His just to manly to ever fall under such category. 

 

He did Faith which had him play a grown general.. He was a manly Gangster in Gangnam Blues and the same in Bounty Hunters

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Narine Joa said:

 

There is nothing wrong in being cast as romantic lead but LMH is definitely not flower boy. His pretty much a macho this much a now and is certain. Even in Gu Jun-pyo he had more testosterone then a bison bull. His just to male to ever fall under such category

I thought flower boy was the same as pretty boy/handsome, which is totally compatible with being a macho, but I guess I don't know all the connotations of the expression 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Missprincesa said:

I thought flower boy was the same as pretty boy/handsome, which is totally compatible with being a macho, but I guess I don't know all the connotations of the expression 

 

The up said something like men with female features. There is not an ounce of him that is not manly. His just the more extremely manly type. Which is why he could play grown character even in his youth because his manly

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

 

The up said something like men with female features. There is not an ounce of him that is not manly. His just the more extremely manly type. Which is why he could play grown character even in his youth because his manly

I understood something different for flower boy, not related to female features, so I won't use that expression anymore 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [Upcoming 2021 on Apple TV + : Pachinko];

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..